• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware PS3/PSV) Sorceress Trailer

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If you think that's homophobia, you're clueless.
--

I'm buying it on PS3 because I've posted too much in this thread to not buy it.

In an awkward sense, would it be homophobia to consider it homophobia?
:lol That pretty much means that you thought of it in that light to begin with.

Uthred

i'm not trying to shit on this thread, i was trying to post how i feel about the art director's comments. casual homophobia defense force is out today, so i'm getting ganged up over here.

I love how in the space of three posts you've moved from complaining about the sorceress' tits to being offended by Kamitami's ambiguous comment. At the same time you've also painted anyone disagreeing with you now as a casual homophobe. Bravo sir, bravo.

Giolon

I love how in the space of three posts you've moved from complaining about the sorceress' tits to being offended by Kamitami's ambiguous comment. At the same time you've also painted anyone disagreeing with you now as a casual homophobe. Bravo sir, bravo.

Don't forget weird manchild too.

Corto

I'm going vita for the party talk stuff that and my friends are getting it on vita too.

If you have friends to play with at home or friends getting the ps3 version though I totally recomend the ps3 version

I'm leaning towards the Vita version but I'm also waiting to see what version people on GAF will get. I understand why they did it, but splitting the community of a small game like this can be disastrous.

Odrion

Banned
He's gone now. Less hate, more love.

UJHnTVG.jpg

Does anybody know what the length of the game is? I hate Co-Oping a game for longer than three or four hours.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm leaning towards the Vita version but I'm also waiting for people see what version people on GAF will get. I understand why they did it, but splitting the community of a small game like this can be disastrous.
I wouldn't say it's really split since you can port the save files back and forth, I think they just couldn't figure out how to make the two systems work together probably.

Probably an underling issue somewhere. I wish someone could ask them directly about it.

Giolon

I'm getting both and I'm just going to treat it like I treat Monster Hunter 3U on 3DS & Wii U.

Console version for at home, handheld version for on the go, transfarring save files as necessary.

Jathaine

At least you could do online play with your PS3 buddies on a Vita copy even if you're in the same room as them though that's less efficient than anything cross-play would provide.
I wish there was a better solution for Vita/PS3 play.

Still, not the biggest problem anyone could have.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
At least you could do online play with your PS3 buddies on a Vita copy even if you're in the same room as them though that's less efficient than anything cross-play would provide.
I wish there was a better solution for Vita/PS3 play.

Still, not the biggest problem anyone could have.
couldnt you just upload your save to their ps3 ;)

Risette

A Good Citizen
In an awkward sense, would it be homophobia to consider it homophobia?
:lol That pretty much means that you thought of it in that light to begin with.
I wouldn't put it that way necessarily, but it was a lighthearted reference after that Kotaku author put out a smear piece on his art and implied that he was a 14 year old boy who only wanted to draw big titties. In a way, replying the way he did makes sense. This whole issue really is Tiny Tina all over again.
--

Wait, so this game has split coop? :[

Esura

Banned
Sorceress is incredibly fast, and I like using the fast characters in beat em ups like this. I want to see how the Amazon and Elf play before I decide on which one of them I want to use though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wouldn't put it that way necessarily, but it was a lighthearted reference after that Kotaku author put out a smear piece on his art and implied that he was a 14 year old boy who only wanted to draw big titties. In a way, replying the way he did makes sense. This whole issue really is Tiny Tina all over again.
--

Ahh yeah I agree with that.

Yeah the game has split co-op unless they worded that bottom part weirdly

Eusis

hah, nah. 50" Plasma.
And you can't underestimate resolution, even with it being somewhat more washed out Guacamelee STILL looked much nicer to me being ultra sharp. Though I guess in this case it depends on if it's a 1080p or a 720p game, but with Rayman and Guacamelee at 1080p I'm somewhat optimistic.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah Vita online and PS3 online are exclusive of each other unfortunately.

Fortunately you can cross save so people who double dip will be able to use their characters on both versions

Riposte

i'm not trying to shit on this thread, i was trying to post how i feel about the art director's comments. casual homophobia defense force is out today, so i'm getting ganged up over here.

If you are going to generalize everyone on Xbox Live as humanity's worst, then I guess it is no surprise you'll generalize the people in this thread as homophobes. You are getting ganged up on because you make comments that more or less call everyone but an exceptional few manchildren. Good luck on that.

As for people saying stupid shit on gaming forums, I think at least a part of that is a case where people are left to defend themselves and what they do before they can understand where the attacker is coming from (or at least they should be coming from). People understandably don't liked to be shamed and will fight back and draw trenches (which survive long after any confusion is cleared up). That's not to say we can all live in harmony if we just understood ourselves a little better. Some people will like things that are unacceptable to others and people will draw conflicting lines on what is acceptable and pursue those who cross those lines in different ways.

Time to give up video games and start reading black panther comics while watching MMA, then. Thanks for turning my life around.

best reply. you earn one of my coveted e-hugs.

these reinforce my thinking that:

A) it's not as bad in motion as the one still image that's got schreier putting math books on his lap.
B) she actually seems like kind of a bad ass. i hope the wizard can bring it.

LiK

And you can't underestimate resolution, even with it being somewhat more washed out Guacamelee STILL looked much nicer to me being ultra sharp. Though I guess in this case it depends on if it's a 1080p or a 720p game, but with Rayman and Guacamelee at 1080p I'm somewhat optimistic.

no worries. i have a Vita too so i can enjoy both goodness.

Uthred

Gonna pick it up for the PS3 first I think, wish someone other than Sony and few indie's would embrace Crossbuy, I'd gladly have paid $60 or even $70 for both but $90 is just a bridge too far

I'd like to have it for Vita just to have it portable, but I really can't pass up being able to play local Co-op with my friends, so PS3 it is I guess

YoungOne

Gonna pick it up for the PS3 first I think, wish someone other than Sony and few indie's would embrace Crossbuy, I'd gladly have paid $60 or even $70 for both but $90 is just a bridge too far

I do hope they do a bundle with both for like 60 or 70 like you said.

Yopis

Haha, wow. As long as one person feels wronged, seriously? How is that a defensible opinion for ANYTHING? Do you feel the same way about Victoria's Secret models? How about cheerleaders?

Also I love your explanation on what you want. You don't want to have to tell him his stuff should be censored, you want him to do deep reflection about his art in the hopes that he comes to that conclusion on his own and self imposes it.

How about female gymnast?

Are these people angry about that also. Why don't they do the routines in sweatpants?

Solune

I really hope the OT for this game isn't full of this bullshit.
Yah I think it needs to be contained in a whole separate thread, discussion of the game in the OT, discussion that is tangentially related in another, like a spoiler thread. Don't need that shit when you want to play a game and be bombarded with posts questioning sexual objectification of ONE character.
Yes. They were rumored to be making HD versions of Odin Sphere and Muramasa for PSN and Live, but they either canned or were never happening to begin with.

Xseed should try to convince them to port Grand Knights History to the PS3. :)

I want UDON or Dark Horse or SOMEONE to bring over Vanillaware design works =(

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, is it safe to come back to this thread now?

I'm probably getting PS3 version first, then Vita when the price goes down a bit for it.

Top Bottom