• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Fence Sitters - Footage You Need to See

Anteater

Achievements
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dragons-dogma/achievements/

locations,
pieces of armor and weapons, sounds good.

hmm, doesn't sound too bad, assuming they aren't making you collect every single piece, so there might be more than that

and I think that's a lot more than something like dragon age :lol, hype!

Edit: but I was promised
close to 1000 pieces of equipment in the first stream, I hope 750 of them aren't locked on disc.

wanders

hmm, doesn't sound too bad, assuming they aren't making you collect every single piece, so there might be more than that

close to 1000 pieces of equipment in the first stream, I hope 750 of them aren't locked on disc.
That's what I thought but maybe they meant 1000 pieces of armor and weapons including even the small stuff like clothes/bracelets/rings?

Idk but for me theres so much hype for this game it can create a new universe

Edit: Maybe that's not all the achievements?

Anteater

That's what I thought but maybe they meant 1000 pieces of armor and weapons including even the small stuff like clothes/bracelets/rings?

Idk but for me theres so much hype for this game it can create a new universe

Yeah, there are probably those as well, man I hope there's a good loot system, that's one thing I didn't like with skyrim but I still played it for hundreds of hours, if they do some of those things right, I'll be playing it so much

wanders

Yeah, there are probably those as well, man I hope there's a good loot system, that's one thing I didn't like with skyrim but I still played it for hundreds of hours, if they do some of those things right, I'll be playing it so much
Yeah since battles actually look fun I'm hoping there will be some nice rewards. There is a weapon forging system. Do games with such systems lend to a good loot system?

Astra

Yeah since battles actually look fun I'm hoping there will be some nice rewards. There is a weapon forging system. Do games with such systems lend to a good loot system?

Depends on the game. Kingdoms of Amalur, for example, doesn't. Any loot you find in that game, even unique and rare weapons and armor, pales in comparison with what you can make using Blacksmithing. Which kind of sucks, because the aesthetic of what you can make with Blacksmithing is very generic, and some of the the unique armor you find looks pretty nice.

So hopefully some of the loot you find here is more powerful than anything you could make yourself.

wanders

Depends on the game. Kingdoms of Amalur, for example, doesn't. Any loot you find in that game, even unique and rare weapons and armor, pales in comparison with what you can make using Blacksmithing. Which kind of sucks, because the aesthetic of what you can make with Blacksmithing is very generic, and some of the the unique armor you find looks pretty nice.

So hopefully some of the loot you find here is more powerful than anything you could make yourself.
Ahhhh that's cool. Yeah I would agree on having unique loot that's better than what you can make from lesser loot. And if that were to be the case in DD then I wouldn't mind fighting the same monsters for a .00001% drop since the combat seems fun. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Yeah thats why I ignored the crafting of the game. It totally broke it.

Anteater

I think you probably craft from the materials you find from enemies though if I'm not mistaken, so I think you probably have to beat the boss first to craft awesome loot, and you may not have a smithing level thing, but yea I don't know what it's like and how important the gears are.

xextil

Neo Member
The person playing seems to be in an area that they shouldn't be in or the game is just really punishing. 3-5 hit deaths over and over.

Well, he only have one pawn with him and both are mage. I think the game won''t be so hard, at least not at that point.

Anteater

The person playing seems to be in an area that they shouldn't be in or the game is just really punishing. 3-5 hit deaths over and over.

I think the person playing is just doing all the wrong things, he's kind of wearing no gears, sprint until he's out of stamina, and climbed a cyclops and shooting it on its back.

It might've been from this preview on ign (video on that page won't let me input age for some reason, so it wouldn't play), it pretty much described the same exact thing he's doing in the video:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218905p1.html

The character creator looks great. I'm a sucker for character creators with high levels of customization. This game wasn't a blip on my radar, now it's one of my most anticipated games coming out this year. I'm still not convinced they will be able to pull it all off but there is a ton of potential.

I think the person playing is just doing all the wrong things, he's kind of wearing no gears, sprint until he's out of stamina, and climbed a cyclops and shooting it on its back.

It might've been from this preview on ign (video on that page won't let me input age for some reason, so it wouldn't play), it pretty much described the same exact thing he's doing in the video:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218905p1.html

Yeah, the preview sounds similar. But some of the damage dealt to him was amazing. A single hit from a harpy did 200+ damage when his character only has 279hp.

just about any game is punishing if you approach it on a tourist level :) . this guy isn't seriously attempting to play the game, just check it out. you'd likely die almost as easily in skyrim doing the same thing...

Barryman

From the blog:

FXAA? That technique was introduced by Nvidia last year for the PC. Does that mean that a PC version of Dragon's Dogma is now (sorta) confirmed?

I'm pretty sure the latest version of FXAA is specifically designed for consoles.

Derrick01

Banned

The way it's worded makes it seem like you just need to collect 350, whether at once or cumulative. Doesn't mean there's not more than that, same goes for the location achievement. In Bethesda games there's normally achievements for visiting ___ locations and there's always quite a bit more in the game than what's listed.

Anteater

The way it's worded makes it seem like you just need to collect 350, whether at once or cumulative. Doesn't mean there's not more than that, same goes for the location achievement. In Bethesda games there's normally achievements for visiting ___ locations and there's always quite a bit more in the game than what's listed.

Yeah, that's what I meant, they probably just set a number instead of forcing you to collect them all, hope a lot of them are unique looking armors!

I think this is going to be a pretty decent package, I hope they talk about new game+ soon

garath

There jumping on the "if there's enough interest" bandwagon. Publishers want PC gamers on their knees before they announce a port.

Well the game looks great but I'm fully in the "PC or bust" crowd. They just won't get my money until a PC version is made.

Well enough, there's a ton of great PC games coming out in the next couple months.

Disappointing, I know I'd enjoy it immensely.

Ok this is the 3rd time they've been through the same demo now.

I presume this is the demo we're getting? I remember seeing 20 minutes or so footage of it from E3.

Ok this is the 3rd time they've been through the same demo now.

I presume this is the demo we're getting? I remember seeing it at E3.

It's part of the demo that we'll get

First up, Dragon's Dogma. Famitsu reveals this week that Capcom is planning a demo. The demo will let players create a character, and carry it over into the final version. Quests include fights against a griffon and chimera.

http://andriasang.com/con04e/capcom_dlc/

Top Bottom