• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Online 1st Trailer

It looks like a game that came out on the PS3 in 2010... Underwhelming graphics.

That Sony localization team.. They need to get on this and Deep Down ASAP if Capcop for whatever illogical reason does not intend to localize the games.

Grief.exe

He said he got the game for free, but he pays for the service. I'm being needlessly pedantic, but I thought I would point out the distinction.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait WHAT!? Seriously? Source?

Poking fun of EA and 'Bioware.'

It looks like a game that came out on the PS3 in 2010... Underwhelming graphics.

U4g2EYW.png

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well fuck me, that does look kinda awesome. Wonder how Capcom microtransactions will ruin it...
I'd still totally pay for a "mute all pawns" feature. >_<

ezekial45

Banned
Do we know if they're gonna have micro-levels like Monster Hunter, or are they going to have the expansive world like the original DD.

They ripped the entire original game's assets for this. Pretty disappointing.

Yeah I'm mixed on this.

I would have really liked this to be an entirely new game, DD2 basically, out on PS4/xbone/PC.

But on the other hand, if we were getting all new assets on a relatively new platform I could see them actually cutting back on the depth of content, with a smaller world, less equipment, or even less character classes, while using the excuse "we had to redo everything for the new gen, cuts had to be made."

So if reused assets mean more classes, more weapon types, more enemy types, more areas, more more, then fuck yeah bring it on. I don't even have to buy a PS4 now (or even pay for the game!)

Moaradin

I haven't played the first game (since it wasn't on PC) and I always thought it looked pretty cool, so I'm excited for this. Hopefully the combat is just as cool looking as the first game.

Do we know if they're gonna have micro-levels like Monster Hunter, or are they going to have the expansive world like the original DD.

It's still an open world game just like the original. At launch it's going to be around the same size as the first game. But they're going to continue to expand it and it'll eventually be 3x's as large.

Teeth

Well fuck me, that does look kinda awesome. Wonder how Capcom microtransactions will ruin it...
I'd still totally pay for a "mute all pawns" feature. >_<

The ultimate nightmare microtransaction: Pay for inventory space/weight.

This could be a great game if it eliminates all of the terrible story, questing, inventory management, and crafting, and minimizes the class interdependency of the original Dragon's Dogma. Although I really doubt it on the class interdependency, being an MMO style game and all.

baterism

Looks good. Kinda glad it was F2P so I don't need to beg my cheapass friends to try it too (raise flame shield). I hope SEA release not too long after JP. And Steam please.

Baalzebup

High-res screenshots

Yup. Definitely allowing for some H.Y.P.E build-up. Need to keep it somewhat in leash due to F2P and the missing localization announcements, but a measure of hype is in order. For all its shortcomings, Dragon's Dogma is an awesome game in so many ways. Sure, online will have its ups and downs, but 4p co-op using DDs combat system is a recipe for greatness.

*Player springboards off another player and onto the back of a monster*

Well, the move is there in both Fighter and Warrior skills in the first game as well, but those will definitely get much more use when you don't need to rely on the pawns for its use.

Downgrade from what lol? This is the first we've seen of the game.

He had a dream where this game already had visuals but didn't realize that Deep Down is a different game.

Graphical downgrade from Dragon's Dogma, obviously. gosh

Of course, it's to be expected as this is a free-to-play MMO-type and not a "single player" (how would one refer to DD exactly, with the unique online Pawn hire system combined with its one-player story?) title like the first one was; but, I really didn't expect a loss that was to the extent as seen in the trailer.

fake edit: In light of new screenshots (...acceptable graphical quality compared to DD, I guess), I now shamelessly flee from this thread

jiggle

oh how did I forget this

in game currency that you can buy

100rift crystals - $0.99

500 rift crystals - $4.99

1000 rift crystals - $9.99
I think that's the best case scenario
useless vanity items

Except for metamorphosis
But even subscription games charge for that

I'm all over this. Screens look fantastic and the framerate was solid.

THE FRAMERATE WAS SOLID THANK GOD.

Dark arisen was damn near unplayable at times. Many times. Like any battle with a big enemy

McBryBry

My two hopes are that this is localized, and I'd like cross play. I used to take my PS3 to my friends' apartment and play FF XIV while they would play with me on their PC's. Now rolls have reversed, and I'd wanna play with them on their PS4's while I play on PC. I'd be willing to go PS4 as well, but cross play would be niiiiiiiice

The ultimate nightmare microtransaction: Pay for inventory space/weight.

This could be a great game if it eliminates all of the terrible story, questing, inventory management, and crafting, and minimizes the class interdependency of the original Dragon's Dogma..

What?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah going a bit too far there. The shitty MMO quests were worthy of scorn, and sadly now that it's a full-blown MMO I think it'll only get worse, but I thought the crafting was pretty neat, especially in Dark Arisen with the post-dragonforging upgrades (though those Moonshimmer Pelts can fuck off!), and while the inventory management could be improved, it certainly shouldn't be eliminated (I'm hoping Teeth just misspoke here).

I hope they make the pure melee classes better this time. Or give them some other form of ranged support, because it's just too important in this game. Fighter was mediocre and warrior was all but useless.

Top Bottom