• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Guys, I need a new club. I'm in one with a guy on my friend's list and they haven't played the game (I swear) since it originally came out. So I've ranked it up to 18 on my own. He has never contributed. It would sure be nice to have real club mates who, you know, actually play the game from time to time. Every day I log in and check. Nope. Nothing.

If anyone has an opening, or even if they'd like help leveling up the club, send me an invite. I'm not the best racer by any means, but I will contribute.

PSN: Didntknowjack

Schlocky

caved and bought this earlier this week, goddamn is it good. It feels like PGR! and the weather!

I really miss PGR :(

anyway has anyone got a club I can join? i want in. PSN: Schlocky

IIRC, DHC said he uses a DS4 (with a broken R2 button, lol).
Lol yep but I now have a video on how to fix it :)

Postcyberpunk - With regards to the flag question, they are there as a guide but are no substitute for track knowledge- for example there's green flags at the bend on the end of the long straight at the top of the hill on Hurrungane but I know I need to brake like its a yellow due to being at top speed. The mini map is a good second check as long as you can tear your eyes away from the middle of the screen!

DBT85

Guys, I need a new club. I'm in one with a guy on my friend's list and they haven't played the game (I swear) since it originally came out. So I've ranked it up to 18 on my own. He has never contributed. It would sure be nice to have real club mates who, you know, actually play the game from time to time. Every day I log in and check. Nope. Nothing.

If anyone has an opening, or even if they'd like help leveling up the club, send me an invite. I'm not the best racer by any means, but I will contribute.

PSN: Didntknowjack

caved and bought this earlier this week, goddamn is it good. It feels like PGR! and the weather!

I really miss PGR :(

anyway has anyone got a club I can join? i want in. PSN: Schlocky

I have added you both. There are 3 slots still free in GAF Cubs if you want. It's lvl13 I think.

Nope. I'm stuck at work for the usual eight hours, but will check it out tonight.

No worries.

Lol yep but I now have a video on how to fix it :)

Postcyberpunk - With regards to the flag question, they are there as a guide but are no substitute for track knowledge- for example there's green flags at the bend on the end of the long straight at the top of the hill on Hurrungane but I know I need to brake like its a yellow due to being at top speed. The mini map is a good second check as long as you can tear your eyes away from the middle of the screen!

Thanks! and I am only just beginning to feel competent enough to look at the map.

And I knew DBT would swoop in for new club members... too fast, my friend! And my club is kinda noobish anyway. lol

NoFoX

It's tough for sure. The final drift section is key, you can get 2.5k on that corner if you nail it. I was struggling to egt within 500 of the 3 star score, then one good final corner and I passed easily.

You've beaten Venom Hot Lap 2 and are stuck on this? Can we switch skillsets please? :)

Ya, i finished Venom Hotlap 2 in about 30 - 60mins, but i'm not the best at drifting (maybe because i don't like it)

Wanna do Shareplay? :D

EDIT:
Whoop Whoop, i did it :D

My club is actually after 1 or 2 new members - we play evenings most nights uk time. The club is level 42 and around 300 rank wise, mostly generated by the 3 active level 50 members.

Priorities are having a laugh and clean racing so anyone fancy it drop me a pm :)

NoFoX

My club is actually after 1 or 2 new members - we play evenings most nights uk time. The club is level 42 and around 300 rank wise, mostly generated by the 3 active level 50 members.

Priorities are having a laugh and clean racing so anyone fancy it drop me a pm :)

I'm lvl 50, try to play every day.
ATM @ EuroNation Club (lvl 41)
Would be cool if i've some friends to drive together

Vaga

My time on Scottish summer is not perfect, I know my mistakes. I'm more at home on the normal Kyle, the reversed feels weird. I'm on DS4 too, don't have room for a wheel.

Regarding flags I say don't bother about, learn the tracks by doing lot of runs after that it's pure instinct.

Rushy

Vaga

I came third in the end by half a second :-(

xgL4eSV.gif

We've performed a number of server upgrades today. Sorry for the brief downtime.

No apologies needed. I was just taking the piss. You still get my sweet, sweet season pass money. Any possibility of a DriveClub PS4 faceplate?

And if DBT drives like a
corpse
, I shudder to consider my skills.

lordxar

OK if we're really getting a rewind button I vote it's easily disabled, challenges using it are separated, and it does not get turned on for existing tours that don't have it anyway. I'm all for a rewind option in photo mode but I like the challenge of running tracks and getting to know them vs pussing put and getting a mulligan.

Siegmeyer

My time on Scottish summer is not perfect, I know my mistakes. I'm more at home on the normal Kyle, the reversed feels weird. I'm on DS4 too, don't have room for a wheel.

Regarding flags I say don't bother about, learn the tracks by doing lot of runs after that it's pure instinct.

Damn. After chasing your ghost for about an hour on the Sinclair's Pass challenge, I consoled myself by saying, "Dude probably uses a wheel, he's all over these leaderboards". Now it turns out you just have sick skills. Congrats Sir.

Skii

You'd be surprised what you can do in a 4WD car in the wet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC4dlXQjP9s

We've performed a number of server upgrades today. Sorry for the brief downtime.

And there's a new EVO challenge up. Friend up EvolutionStudios for an invite.

Hey Rushy, is there any way to change the stock colour of individual cars? Sometimes I just want to drive a black Ferrari 458 Italia but that would mean changing one of my custom designs to a basic black colour... There must be an easier way of changing stock colours?

Man, that new EVO challenge is a bitch... so many turns. Danowat, are you drifting through that middle section? I lose you in the beginning but can still see you... after that drift section you are totally gone, though.

Off-topic note: Ranger X-- Did you play SOCOM/II back in the day? If so, I think I was on a squad of yours.

danowat

Banned
Thanks to those that added me on PSN, good to have some challenges to play now!

But I have a couple of issues.

1) Am I the only one who is having issues with the Lykan Hypersport?, the rain is going the wrong way on the windscreen.

2) The electric SLS is a nightmare to drive in the wet, serious amounts of transmission lockup when you lift off the throttle.

Is it still that bad online? :(
I also would appreciate if we see private lobbies!
Please go for it Rushy :)
Car physics are much better than when it launched. Ramming another car is harder now but, as you have just witnessed, it still can be done, and there are people online willing to do it.

Cos you drive like an old lady
And I like a corpse

Lol cheers :)

Lordxar - Rewind button? God I hope not, replay yes, rewind no.

Danowat - Dunno about that car (not got the season pass yet) but the electric DeZir often has a nasty snap when you come off the throttle.

NoFox - All depends whose on the server - Recently I've caught guys out in front who've weaved all over the damn track to try to stop me passing or put me in the barriers, who use me as brakes on the next bend and then quit if I get away... But I have far more good fun races than not and the races where I have to fight back from behind are often the ones I record & remember. Private GAF lobbies would be ace tho :)

krioto

Just bought the season pass - holy shit the Alpine sounds so raw!

Tried out the electric merc as well - sticks to the road like glue, nice work Evo

Tommi84

Venom HL2 - 1:19.924 ... took me i guess 1h45min to reach this time. I could probably shave the time of by approx 0.5sec, but I won't dare doing it. I could throw this goddamn controler on my tv!!!!

Top Bottom