• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Rushy, I made good on my promise. Buy yourself something nice!

988962_467951876677400_2984301907135092735_n.jpg

Fenzer

Unlimited level gap after 50 would suit me, maybe a few specially branded liveries or badges/stickers for big milestones (100, 150, 200 etc etc)

Maybe colored names in leaderboard/lobbies for each milestones.

Also I'd like to see the level of everyone in the lobby.

danowat

Banned
I think the general consensus is that guard rails and off-road shouldn't slow you down as much as they do on the straights as its very easy for the guy your trying to overtake to push you off track and slow you down - I think they still need to be strict on the corners to prevent rail riding.

It's a fine line, it could just introduce a whole lot of cutting and wall riding

Skii

We're considering our options. Please post your ideas for what you'd like to see happen (we're listening).

Maybe a unique version of the Hennessey Venom GT at level 60 or something (if you decide to up the level cap)? Don't know if there'll be licensing issues involved but if not, you could just give it an exclusive skin and maybe slightly improve the performance of the car?

Anarion07

As for the leveling system, how about some kind of further car modification.
Like..
Every 10-20 million experience above level 50 you get a star on your license plate.

Unlimited level gap after 50 would suit me, maybe a few specially branded liveries or badges/stickers for big milestones (100, 150, 200 etc etc)
Actually, I like this idea best. No resets or getting locked out of events and challenges. Just a continued leveling with occasional accolades and liveries.

My god, how are some players getting ~2:07 on Valley Run in the Amateur Tour?

At the beginning of the race, when the camera does the fly-over, does it show the entire track? Or is there a way to see the entire track? This would help me immensely in learnig the tracks. On Valley Run, it shows a section where I always braked into a right/left turn, but if you hit the apexes you can fly through those turns without turning so severely.

Ranger X

I think the game is well done as it is right now in matter of slowing down outside the track. I mean, this have to slow you down, so many racers are too gentle about this.
Also, the game is really fair, its easy to bump the computers out of the track too.

Merun

Only 1 hour and half to get the Venom Hot Lap 2 down. Also propelled me in the top 50. But damn the stress when you are in front of the 1:20 ghost. I felt like I could fail at any time. Which I did since I lost a bit too much grip on the last corner.

ttkowr.jpg

Anarion07

My god, how are some players getting ~2:07 on Valley Run in the Amateur Tour?

At the beginning of the race, when the camera does the fly-over, does it show the entire track? Or is there a way to see the entire track? This would help me immensely in learnig the tracks. On Valley Run, it shows a section where I always braked into a right/left turn, but if you hit the apexes you can fly through those turns without turning so severely.

pretty sure those times must be glitched, no way thats possible.

I think the game is well done as it is right now in matter of slowing down outside the track. I mean, this have to slow you down, so many racers are too gentle about this.
Also, the game is really fair, its easy to bump the computers out of the track too.

It's only really an issue online, especially with the lower powered cars on P2P tracks - an example I'd use is going to overtake someone at the start of the straight on Taapaca using an Evora and they just shove you wide, you lose your speed and they disappear off into the distance- if your lucky your only 3 seconds behind by the next bend, if your unlucky you've lost a couple of places and have to fight through the pack again. Quicker cars are still affected but as the skill required to get the most out of them is higher you can often make up the ground again.

It is a fine line and you do want to punish people for exceeding track limits, but it can be annoying when your race is ruined by someone employing dirty tactics. It makes it tougher to get through the pack if you start at the back too as it'll often happen accidentally.

garyBig

The sound of thunder is quite nice but could still be louder. Wanna feel dat subwoofer! Maybe they could add an alternative sound setting with more pronounced weather effects while retaining the current sound mix as an option as well.

pretty sure those times must be glitched, no way thats possible.

How are players glitching?!

I'll just start my own soothing shit: Neutral challenges.

Amazing... a reverse challenge. Send it to me and I will drive slower!

What determines running order? I was 9/10 when I started, and after a few restarts I was 5/10.

DBT- That bumper cam is no joke.

EDIT: I just played my first online match. What a shitshow.

le-seb

Amazing... a reverse challenge. Send it to me and I will drive slower!
Ahahah, I totally could see that as a clever way to unlock the Unbeatable trophy for those issuing the challenges!

But my initial idea was not about how slowly you can drive (it's easy to just stop somewhere), but about how far you can go on the track with just a brief initial impulse.

This could be a neat addition to the game, I think.
How far do you wanna gooooooooo?

And taking the time to drive through the scenery is worth the time spent.
This game is gorgeous.

But my initial idea was not about how slowly you can drive (it's easy to just stop somewhere), but about how far you can go on the track with just a brief initial impulse.

Right. Still, some funny ways to aberrantly play the game.

Not players.
The game, rather.
After all some events had leaderboard times of just a minute sometimes, when actually the event lasts 4-5 minutes

Oh, I thought players were glitching. Will Evo fix this?

And Merun, thanks for the help on drifting. I am getting better!

And my Driveclub version still says 1.04 but I have all the latest updates and the Elements and Redline pack as well.

Fell like this is just your PS4 patches notes not loading and not the patches itself not being there.

------------
I personnaly wouldn't mind some new unlock liveries as rewards for stuff past Lv 50. i Wouldn't mind lv increase from 50 to 70

Consideirng i've bought the season pass i think i won't have trouble getting up there considering the amount of content planned.

Oneself

I PRE-ORDERED the freaking season pass, had no problem with the game so far but now this is pissing me off. I bought the damn season pass before the actual game came out to be sure to get all the dlc on day one ... Now I see the DLC ads on the main page etc. but can't get them as it doesn't appear in the PSN store. I can't participate in challenges because the game tells me I have to buy Elements & Redline even though it's been paid in full since forever. This is BS.

I PRE-ORDERED the freaking season pass, had no problem with the game so far but now this is pissing me off. I bought the damn season pass before the actual game came out to be sure to get all the dlc on day one ... Now I see the DLC ads on the main page etc. but can't get them as it doesn't appear in the PSN store. I can't participate in challenges because the game tells me I have to buy Elements & Redline even though it's been paid in full since forever. This is BS.

Are you in US? If so, Tuesday the 23rd.

Korezo

They reduce the snow? Snow racing use to be fun and intense because you were blind. Now this snow shit feel cheap ep compared to before, this sucks.

PaulLFC

Will be getting this for Christmas, looking forward to it. I've added all the free DLC that's on PSN - will the season pass include all paid content or will there be some paid stuff outside the season pass as well?

djjinx2

Will be getting this for Christmas, looking forward to it. I've added all the free DLC that's on PSN - will the season pass include all paid content or will there be some paid stuff outside the season pass as well?

All Dlc included with season pass.

Tracks are free to everyone as are a few cars and the first 2 tour dlc's.

Anything else is paid and Inc in season pass (tour events, cars and liveries monthly until July 2015)

The Venom Hotlap II is kicking my ass but the last race of the Elements Trophy is topping it on the scale of can't see shit! Despite that, I can see myself gettin 3 stars on that one. The Venom lap needs some more blood sweat and tears.

garyBig

They reduce the snow? Snow racing use to be fun and intense because you were blind. Now this snow shit feel cheap ep compared to before, this sucks.

If anything the snow appeared more 'snowy' to me after the update (which in itself is probly nothing but a placebo coz I hadn't had too many races in the snow). But I definitely don't see how this is not 'blinding enough'. I don't see a reduction at all.

Season pass includes all DLC content. Though there is free stuff if you don't want to pay.

DriveClub-DLC.jpg

Korezo

If anything the snow appeared more 'snowy' to me after the update (which in itself is probly nothing but a placebo coz I hadn't had too many races in the snow). But I definitely don't see how this is not 'blinding enough'. I don't see a reduction at all.

I could of sworn there was more snow in the day time, I just tried night time with snow and there you are completely blind which is how I remember it being when it was day time if I'm not mistaken.

wmFYIud.jpg

I could of sworn there was more snow in the day time, I just tried night time with snow and there you are completely blind which is how I remember it being when it was day time if I'm not mistaken.

I'm pretty sure it's as it was, night time is more blind as your headlights pick out all the snow whilst you can look past them in the day.

CozMick

Banned

Snow is the same, :/

Just finished playing on Norway, when it snows it makes you completely blind.

also, the windscreen wipers make a different sound with snow compared to rain :eek:

lordxar

Level 50 isn't anything special aside from time served. Hell I'm at 50 and I suck. It would have been different if there was say a challenge you had to complete to hit the next level. Now stars on the other hand, if you get them all I can see having tougher times on tour and maybe new challenges like a time to beat with a clean lap or clean lap and a top 3 finish or something equally tough.

Handal

Damn this game is really amazing.

Can't believe I didn't buy it day 1.

Still looking for a club tho ! If anyone got a space for me, invite me !

PSN : handal14.

PaulLFC

All Dlc included with season pass.

Tracks are free to everyone as are a few cars and the first 2 tour dlc's.

Anything else is paid and Inc in season pass (tour events, cars and liveries monthly until July 2015)

Season pass includes all DLC content. Though there is free stuff if you don't want to pay.
Thanks, that's good to hear. £20 for all of the content doesn't sound bad at all. I have no problem paying that if I like the game once I play it, which I'm pretty certain I will do.

Top Bottom