• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

MMaRsu

Banned
So what's the verdict on the sound update? :)

I can barely hear the rain as its dropping on the car, that makes me sad. I made a video in my friends car to demonstrate how it should sound when you're driving, and also the fact that the windshield wipers are too slow in the game which is unrealistic.

Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/u08sdubDY-k

Aside from that the game sounds great! !

Damn this game is really amazing.

Can't believe I didn't buy it day 1.

Still looking for a club tho ! If anyone got a space for me, invite me !

PSN : handal14.

Not on right now, but I have a free space. I'll send the invite tomorrow.

Colors and badge are on the previous page.

Varvor

Is there a comprehensive list of Driveclub's Club rank unlocks?

I am in rank 17 Club and have access to some good cars, my club mates seem to have stopped playing and I don't know if I want to stick around or move on to other club, is it worth it? any benefits in level 25 or higher level content wise compare to level 17?

HALP!

system11

We're considering our options. Please post your ideas for what you'd like to see happen (we're listening).

I'd like to see:

1) When a player is muted, you shouldn't see their mic icon appearing bottom right during the race. I routinely mute people who have loud music playing and it just means we have this static icon and name for the whole race.

2) Less speed loss from scraping the side walls on straights. Some drivers are ... highly combative and the currently situation just benefits them. Also in timed lap races even the slightest graze just kills the lap, it does seem a bit harsh when rail riding some corners is faster than driving properly.

3) More grip across the board at high speed, yes I know it makes it less realistic but there are too many sections where the speed required vs the curves/bumps in the road mean that any kind of input other than ploughing ahead with your eyes closed leads to loss of control or fishtailing.

5) Jaguars.

6) And pretty please never make me drive the Atom or that hideous Renault again ;)

Is there a comprehensive list of Driveclub's Club rank unlocks?

I am in rank 17 Club and have access to some good cars, my club mates seem to have stopped playing and I don't know if I want to stick around or move on to other club, is it worth it? any benefits in level 25 or higher level content wise compare to level 17?

HALP!

I'm pretty sure the last car to unlock by club is the Zonda R and that's level 15 - there's always guys coming on this thread asking about joining a club so I'd say stick with and boot the inactive dudes.

Can you make some changes to photo mode?

Like:

- Keep my settings if I leave photo mode
- Maybe have a built-in screenshot function, since the share button compresses the picture quite a bit

TEH-CJ

Banned
Sound is still way too low. I have to turn up my home theater to almost max.

Could we also have option to add in a hardcore physics mode? No aids, more realistic handling etc...

More realistic the better as I feel driveclub wants to be more of a SIM, and honestly with the physics engine in place, driveclub would be better off with more SIM like characteristics.

In my option of course :) Other than that..this is still my favorite racing game of all time. I would love to see these things added in the future...

Sorry for the grammar...typing on the phone with only 2 hours sleep.

Varvor

I'm pretty sure the last car to unlock by club is the Zonda R and that's level 15 - there's always guys coming on this thread asking about joining a club so I'd say stick with and boot the inactive dudes.

I am not a leader...at this point febating to make a club and lebel ot so i have access and control of my club.

Any folks wish to make a club with me? It seems that there is new wave of folls who would play the game on more long term basis.

GT: SGamar

viveks86

Have they stealth updated the AI to not slow down if you are behind? I stopped my car on the Bandipur track at the start line with heavy rain and venom gt and legendary AI. The lapped me at 1:22, which is a damn good time for a race. Will do more tests

Got this game from the Amazon sale and have been doing a few races every night. Would love to join a club to get in on the social aspect of this. I friended DRIVECLUB-GAF, but I don't know how that helps with clubs...

PSN ID: strawberryeggs

Got this game from the Amazon sale and have been doing a few races every night. Would love to join a club to get in on the social aspect of this. I friended DRIVECLUB-GAF, but I don't know how that helps with clubs...

PSN ID: strawberryeggs
One of our members hasn't been active at all since joining, so I my have a spot open. Send a request to Lunar FC if you'd like to join!

Have they stealth updated the AI to not slow down if you are behind? I stopped my car on the Bandipur track at the start line with heavy rain and venom gt and legendary AI. The lapped me at 1:22, which is a damn good time for a race. Will do more tests
I hope this is true. Just doesn't feel right that I can spin out, and still somehow catch the leader.

Siegmeyer

I'd like to see:

1) When a player is muted, you shouldn't see their mic icon appearing bottom right during the race. I routinely mute people who have loud music playing and it just means we have this static icon and name for the whole race.

2) Less speed loss from scraping the side walls on straights. Some drivers are ... highly combative and the currently situation just benefits them. Also in timed lap races even the slightest graze just kills the lap, it does seem a bit harsh when rail riding some corners is faster than driving properly.

3) More grip across the board at high speed, yes I know it makes it less realistic but there are too many sections where the speed required vs the curves/bumps in the road mean that any kind of input other than ploughing ahead with your eyes closed leads to loss of control or fishtailing.

5) Jaguars.

6) And pretty please never make me drive the Atom or that hideous Renault again ;)

Couldn't disagree more at the bolded. I love those little imperfections in the surface that mean you can't let up your concentration on seemingly calm sections (the middle section of Loch Duich springs to mind). You just have to learn the best line and speed, just as you would for a corner. Besides, these are pretty rare sections, I'd say the vast majority of the time you're driving on a 'true' surface.

As long as they play fair (as in not perfect driving lines or GT like sunday drivers) this sounds great imho.

Tubie

I see this game on sale now and I'm very tempted to buy.

So DriveclubGAF, have the online issues been fixed yet? That was the main reason for me not buying at launch.

Ranger X

So DriveclubGAF, have the online issues been fixed yet? That was the main reason for me not buying at launch.

Online is fixed since a while and there was still problems with displaying the leaderboards and stuff. But that later problem has been adressed with today's patch.

danowat

Banned

Never had any issues with multiplayer, I do however, have issues where the challenges fail to load, even after the latest patch which is supposed to fix it.

Never had any issues with multiplayer, I do however, have issues where the challenges fail to load, even after the latest patch which is supposed to fix it.

Yup, me too. And the notification screen is constantly borked. I have had the game a week (?) and that has never once loaded. Not a big deal, tho. The racing, and leaderboards, work(s) perfectly.

It sounds much better. I didn't even notice the sounds were missing before. I'd say crank up the sound of the thunder and sounds of the rain when in cockpit mode. It's good for now so it's not too much of an issue.

leng jai

After testing it myself, I think they changed a lot, but it still is pretty low. It's far more obvious in real life, so I'm not sure why they aren't cranking it up 2x at least.

Weren't people claiming before the patch that the sounds were there but just almost inaudible? After this patch I'm still straining to hear any of it over the engine sounds, so it's essentially changed nothing for me.

le-seb

Yup, me too. And the notification screen is constantly borked. I have had the game a week (?) and that has never once loaded. Not a big deal, tho. The racing, and leaderboards, work(s) perfectly.
Last time I've seen the notifications somewhat working was around October 10th, IIRC.

Moozo

We're considering our options. Please post your ideas for what you'd like to see happen (we're listening).

And as people have spotted 1.09 is now live featuring stability improvements, audio updates & leaderboard fixes.

As always its an incremental patching system, which you means you only download the difference. So the total of ALL patches is 2.5GB, but 1.08 to 1.09 is approx 200mb.

Challenges should show info on the menu tile (without having to press X to enter the next screen) like precipitation settings, time of day etc

Merun

Finished Redline, and only 2 championship left in Elements.

Renault Alpine and Mclaren F1 were a blast to drive. Superb engine noise and very smooth to drive.

On the other hand, the Stringray, ugh, I don't want to touch that car ever again. It managed to make drift unfun for me :/

Just had the craziest start to a race yet. They should give points for barrel rolls:

vbP2AB.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0TPHjoAq0

Still managed to come in first somehow

I played my first MP race today and it was a clusterfuck of ramming and t-boning. I thought I was playing a variant of destruction derby for a minute. I didn't even finish the damn race as the other drivers were too busy spinning me out, ramming me into barriers and other obstacles, or brake-checking me.

I think it was karma for laughing at a fellow gaffer who called for private lobbies after a competitor spun him out and posting a hilarious vid of it.

You're in, welcome!

Such a poacher. lol

I played my first MP race today and it was a clusterfuck of ramming and t-boning. I thought I was playing a variant of destruction derby for a minute. I didn't even finish the damn race as the other drivers were too busy spinning me out, ramming me into barriers and other obstacles, or brake-checking me.

I think it was karma for laughing at a fellow gaffer who called for private lobbies after a competitor spun him out and posting a hilarious vid of it.

There's a lot of that out there, but there are actually some good races to be had. But yeah...we need private lobbies

DBT85

Such a poacher. lol

Yeah. I'll stick with challenges!

Mitch

Banned
Cool, sent :) I'm guessing it's the level 1 guy haha
Welcome to the club!

Just had the craziest start to a race yet. They should give points for barrel rolls:

vbP2AB.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0TPHjoAq0

Still managed to come in first somehow
Damn, that's insane.

I haven't been able to play much today. Finished the Amateur series this morning.

Family Christmas stuff is keeping me preoccupied. Gonna put in some time this evening.

Had a few online multiplayer races tonight with the fastest guys I know (Vagabone, Maki and Skillet) and it's so much better when your racing against guys like this - some races were like private lobbies as everyone left as they were so far behind, and you could race side by side trusting the other guy.

It made me wonder if we could create a GAF lobby by getting two parties of 6 together and joining a server at the same time - it'll be very competitive (I didn't win a race all night!) but any collisions would probably be accidental... Think this is worth a try?

Alright, DRIVECLUB-GAF, I need to know. I want to impress some people with this game. What are the best settings/locations to wow onlookers? :)

The opening sequence on Yeddapalli is pretty impressive if you let it run. Sinclair pass in the rain is also a winner.

Stealing all the new players. I was kidding, tho. But expect a bunch of unbeatable club challenges coming your way-- I already have Servbot's number.

Norway and Chile for me.
There's plenty of newbies to go around baby.

And ffffuu, I got so many challenges I don't know where to start. They all make me feel bad lol.

Top Bottom