• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

If you could choose what class of cars you like to see added to DRIVECLUB in the future what would you prefer? Or if you're not interested in new cars, which class is your favourite to drive generally currently?

I'm partial to the performance class, personally.

And not that I'm a fan of hot-hatches per se, but there's only, what, five of them? 8 or 10 would be objectively better.

lordxar

If you could choose what class of cars you like to see added to DRIVECLUB in the future what would you prefer? Or if you're not interested in new cars, which class is your favourite to drive generally currently?

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

To be clear I'm not asking for a manufacturer or specific model - we've seen all the feedback already and we know which specific cars are the most desired ;)

Hyper first then supers. The sports and performance classes kind of blend together for me. For some reason neither group stands out enough for me to remember which car is in which group where I know what's in hot hatch, super, and hyper. I'd say add hot hatches but if getting those loses hyper cars then pass :)

For me it's:
  • Performance
  • Super
I can't say that that I'm a fan of the Hyper cars. Yeah they're nice and fast but I'll be damned if I can consistently keep them on the road. Honestly, the only cars I tend to avoid are the classes that sit on either end of the spectrum - Hot Hatch and Hyper. The 2 H's.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hello Driveclub gaf,

I've owned this game for quite awhile (but it was on backlog til now). Can anyone give me tips how I can play with GAF-Driveclub members? I think I already added a bunch of folks to my friends list

Is there a driveclub I can join?

I live in Texas. Is there a Texas driveclub?

I'm new as well. setting up a BritGAF one but there's no reason we can't have a Texan too. I don't know much about clubs (I've had the game one day) but you're welcome to join. Not sure if you'd be better off locally or not. Won't be offended if you say no 😄

For me it's:
  • Performance
  • Super
I can't say that that I'm a fan of the Hyper cars. Yeah they're nice and fast but I'll be damned if I can consistently keep them on the road. Honestly, the only cars I tend to avoid are the classes that sit on either end of the spectrum - Hot Hatch and Hyper. The 2 H's.

My man.

Yeah I love the sound and power/speed of hyper cars but I cannot fucking tame them for the life of me. It's a struggle. Super is the fastest class I feel comfortable really pushing to their limits.

MMaRsu

Banned

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

To be clear I'm not asking for a manufacturer or specific model - we've seen all the feedback already and we know which specific cars are the most desired
;)

My fav classes to drive in are

Performance
Super
Hyper

I don't care for the slower cars very much. I feel like the game is at it's best at high speeds :).

Also, thanks for listening so much to community feedback :).

lordxar

My man.

Yeah I love the sound and power/speed of hyper cars but I cannot fucking tame them for the life of me. It's a struggle. Super is the fastest class I feel comfortable really pushing to their limits.

Take the Venom out and wreck the shit out of it on single events. Then go to the Mclaren last added, the F1 I think. Your basically going from worst handling to best...sort of. Then check the Zonda club car out which is in the middle of the other two. What that does is expand your boundaries of control with the Venom and bring them back to the super type car in the Mclaren while evening out on the Zonda.

I was where you are now and hypers seemed too far away but that's how I got into them. Been meaning to hit up the other hypers now that I'm comfortable with those but only have so much time in the day.

Take the Venom out and wreck the shit out of it on single events. Then go to the Mclaren last added, the F1 I think. Your basically going from worst handling to best...sort of. Then check the Zonda club car out which is in the middle of the other two. What that does is expand your boundaries of control with the Venom and bring them back to the super type car in the Mclaren while evening out on the Zonda.

I was where you are now and hypers seemed too far away but that's how I got into them. Been meaning to hit up the other hypers now that I'm comfortable with those but only have so much time in the day.

I haven't unlocked the Mclaren yet but I just unlocked the Venom. I will try to work on it some more.

nib95

Banned

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

To be clear I'm not asking for a manufacturer or specific model - we've seen all the feedback already and we know which specific cars are the most desired ;)

The faster the better for me. My faves are Performance, Super and Hyper. Hyper is probably the most fun, purely because of the intense thrill and adrenaline rush, but Super is a close second, with beauties like the 458 Speciale and SLS AMG. But the Zonda R, McLaren P1, McLaren F1 and Venom GT are just all outrageously fun.

DasRaven

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

Much like many others Performance and Super. Hot hatch and Hyper are pretty well represented, save a very few omissions that I expect are coming already.

Lunar FC

You want to try out the TwinRun :)
I have, that car is wild on turns. But i love it.

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

More hot-hatches please god. Give me an Abarth and ill cash out for the season pass in a heartbeat.

lordxar

I haven't unlocked the Mclaren yet but I just unlocked the Venom. I will try to work on it some more.

Nah the DLC Mclaren, which you should have, I think it was in the free pack. Its a little slower and easier handling. The P1? Mclaren (has the KERS) which the boost and spoiler controls are more things to master on top of everything else. Plus that car likes to do airplane imitations off slight rises. I'd recommend saving that Mclaren you unlock until your more comfortable with hypers. Fun car though.

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

Motorstorm bike so we can punch people mid-air again.

Nah the DLC Mclaren, which you should have, I think it was in the free pack. Its a little slower and easier handling. The P1? Mclaren (has the KERS) which the boost and spoiler controls are more things to master on top of everything else. Plus that car likes to do airplane imitations off slight rises. I'd recommend saving that Mclaren you unlock until your more comfortable with hypers. Fun car though.

Ahhh ok, got it. Thanks.

IKizzLE

The McLaren f1 lm is faster than the p1.

Skii

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

It has to be Super and Hyper cars. They provide the most exhilarating races in my opinion as well as providing the most challenge.

drotahorror

• Super
  • Hyper

My favs. Also, less of other classes in the MP modes. Seems like it's hard to find hyper playlists in MP.

If I could have another class of cars? Rally. And add an entire new country for the class as well. Thanks ;). Motorstorm with offroad/sport/water vehicles on an open world island for free driving with closed courses ala Motorstorm (multiple paths) for SP/MP events would be extra swell.

Thanks for everything!

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

• Performance
  • Super
Those 2 , no doubt about it.

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

Sports, Performance and Super

Ferr986

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

Would like more Sport cars imo

For the life of me, I can't control the X-Bow well enough to get the third star on both events that it's featured. I hate this damn car.

Also, the P1 time keeps eluding me by a few seconds. Tips? I find it strange that there isn't really a DriveClub walkthrough channel on YouTube. Seems to me like it would attract a decent audience. And I mean with actual tips, strategy, thoughts, etc. I don't just want to watch you 3 star the track... Give me some advice as you're doing it. If anyone knows of any YouTuber doing that already, please let me know.

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
    [*]Performance
    [*]Super
  • Hyper

IKizzLE

Should be the other way around with boost and spoiler control at least on my top speed testing. Did not test acceleration though.

Im talking overall performance. If you were to take both cars and use both over a variety of tracks, the f1 LM will slightly outperform the P1 in lap times.

For the life of me, I can't control the X-Bow well enough to get the third star on both events that it's featured. I hate this damn car.

Also, the P1 time keeps eluding me by a few seconds. Tips? I find it strange that there isn't really a DriveClub walkthrough channel on YouTube. Seems to me like it would attract a decent audience. And I mean with actual tips, strategy, thoughts, etc. I don't just want to watch you 3 star the track... Give me some advice as you're doing it. If anyone knows of any YouTuber doing that already, please let me know.

My technique is to feather the throttle and brake ( so lots of taps rather than full on or off) and try to feel the grip, especially when accelerating out of a bend from low speed. Another tip is to actually hold the brake on a little while accelerating which helps dampen the kick. I also never freewheel, either be braking or accelerating - this makes cars like the DeZir or electric merc less liable to snap out of line when letting off the gas. Give those a go and you may find you quite like the x-bow after a while ;-)

Im talking overall performance. If you were to take both cars and use both over a variety of tracks, the f1 LM will slightly outperform the P1 in lap times.

I always go for the F1 these days, with KERS on the P1 can just about creep away but there's a limited supply of that boost available. I just find the F1 easier to drive quickly, the P1 feels like too much hassle for the reward.

Vaga

• Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

Ebolarama

Banned

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

Super as my number one but I also love Sports and Performance, I would just prefer fewer saloon-types and more bizarre models like the DeZir (I'm loving the concept cars).

patchday

I'm new as well. setting up a BritGAF one but there's no reason we can't have a Texan too. I don't know much about clubs (I've had the game one day) but you're welcome to join. Not sure if you'd be better off locally or not. Won't be offended if you say no 😄

Yeah I gotta figure out how these driveclubs work myself then decide. Sorry for late reply

lordxar

Wouldn't surprise me. The P1 is a great car but has a lot of nuances to drive it effectively.

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a spare space in their club I could join please? I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

You can join mine if you like, there are 2 of my mates that are in it and they are pretty casual players as am I I suppose, it's up to level 10 at the moment.

The club is called Rattleheads and my PSN id is DamagedInc.

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

Super first, Performance second.

As for a new class, Open Wheel cars would be fun.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Any of the middle 3 are great. The two Hs are my least favorite.

But what I really want to see as a class or in current classes is Classics.

GoaThief

Should make a list of all the GAF clubs in one place so we can send challenges and the like. CheeseGAF checking in (full, sorry).

List of clubs from the past couple of pages

CheeseGAF
GAFCLUB
BritGAF
Rattleheads
NVR Alone
GAF UK CS
Kuso Club
GAF EU
Kings of Kudos
Lunar FC
SKIVECLUB
Dr1ve C1u8
Gridlink DC

Can edit in more if people post, I don't have the time to go through the whole thread. :-(

*edit/update*

Sent a challenge out to all GAF related clubs I know of from my friends list/this thread. Not a difficult track but interesting enough to keep the hardcore happy (I hope). Idea was to appeal to all skills and provide a base to get gaffers racing. I didn't add all the clubs from my friends list to this one as I'm unsure who's active or not, we'll see I guess. Anyway, enough waffle;

GAF Time Trial/Hotlap
The Kyle - Lotus Exige S - 5 days

Hope to see you there.

Top Bottom