• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Auctopus

Just sent out a small challenge. Spent a little bit of time on it but got annoyed when the next ghost was up was using the technique of smashing in to railings to bounce back on to the track.

Rushy, if you're out there please bring back full collision/off-road penalties/slowdowns for time trials, there is absolutely no excuse to be slamming in to anything during a time trial.

sneaky77

I don't understand why in some challenges I just can't get my time saved, while in others I have no issues.. within the same 5 minutes of time and not leaving the game or anything

benzy

If you could choose what class of cars you like to see added to DRIVECLUB in the future what would you prefer? Or if you're not interested in new cars, which class is your favourite to drive generally currently?

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

To be clear I'm not asking for a manufacturer or specific model - we've seen all the feedback already and we know which specific cars are the most desired ;)

Super, Hyper, Sports.

I included Sports mainly because I assume you guys still haven't included the Honda S2000 in the plan yet. ;)
bwxxbo.gif

BTW, I am really glad you guys have artists who are obsessed with trees/vegetation as much as I am. Their incredible work will not go unnoticed! #isthisreallife

iilqwk.jpg

zgpikf.jpg

Auctopus

If you could choose what class of cars you like to see added to DRIVECLUB in the future what would you prefer? Or if you're not interested in new cars, which class is your favourite to drive generally currently?

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

To be clear I'm not asking for a manufacturer or specific model - we've seen all the feedback already and we know which specific cars are the most desired ;)

Performance and Super are my favourite. I'd like more of that category and maybe Hot Hatch. The cars in those categories seem to have more personality, the hyper cars are just stupid fast 'machines', designed mainly to be fast. I do like them, most notably the venom but I always have more fun in the performance/super area.

IKizzLE

Righto bud, I know you don't do challenges but we have 4 guys in the top 30 of the Evo lake Shoji challenge, be cool to make that 5... ;-)

As of posting Maki is 2nd and Vaga is 7th, both over 2.5 seconds faster than me - they make me feel slow :-(

This was for you. 30 min of my life I'll never get back!
Boooooooooooooooooo challenges.

10941825_10153557242353662_5803156851584021143_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Am I missing something or does this game not have a replay mode?

Did they actually ship a graphically-intense racing game without a replay mode?

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

Those are the class I enjoy most.

Let us know how you get on. ^_^

Alright first attempt on those Venom hotlap conditions I got 1:18:820

Edit: Couple more and 1:17:798

Could easily see trimming another second off that time though, some turns I took poorly.

I'm guessing whittling down that final 1:16:500 to 1:16:000 is the hardest part?

Not gonna spend too much more time on it since I have to do it in tour anyway, just wanted to give it a try. I actually like how the Venom handles, just gotta feather that acceleration a bit coming out of a sharp turn

lordxar

Alright first attempt on those Venom hotlap conditions I got 1:18:820

Edit: Couple more and 1:17:798

Could easily see trimming another second off that time though, some turns I took poorly.

I'm guessing whittling down that final 1:16:500 to 1:16:000 is the hardest part?

Not gonna spend too much more time on it since I have to do it in tour anyway, just wanted to give it a try. I actually like how the Venom handles, just gotta feather that acceleration a bit coming out of a sharp turn

You suck lol Took me quite a few runs to get that far. :(

DJ Gunner

So the stats page says I have 1,038,993 drift points- shouldn't I get the hoon-tastic trophy? Am I looking at the right stat?

EDIT- looks like it's club drift points total. Ah well, we're almost there. :)

Shaneus

Performance and Super are my favourite. I'd like more of that category and maybe Hot Hatch. The cars in those categories seem to have more personality, the hyper cars are just stupid fast 'machines', designed mainly to be fast. I do like them, most notably the venom but I always have more fun in the performance/super area.
Yeah, I agree on the personality thing. They start to feel a bit samey (obviously there are subtle differences, though). There's far more room for diversity in the slower classes.

Really enjoying getting back into this, i'd love to populate my friends list w/ some more driveclub players. Give me an add if you like!

PSN: Jacob_armitage

How do I check my club stats?

I've been in my club almost since the minute I booted up the game, I have 1012 miles driven but the trophy for "drive 1000 miles as a club member" hasn't popped yet. I wanna check my progress

Lunar FC

How do I check my club stats?

I've been in my club almost since the minute I booted up the game, I have 1012 miles driven but the trophy for "drive 1000 miles as a club member" hasn't popped yet. I wanna check my progress
Same thing happened to me. Just do a couple more races and you'll eventually get it.

Should make a list of all the GAF clubs in one place so we can send challenges and the like. CheeseGAF checking in (full, sorry).

List of clubs from the past couple of pages

CheeseGAF
GAFCLUB
BritGAF
Rattleheads
NVR Alone
GAF UK CS
Kuso Club
GAF EU
Kings of Kudos
Lunar FC

Can edit in more if people post, I don't have the time to go through the whole thread. :-(

*edit/update*

Sent a challenge out to all GAF related clubs I know of from my friends list/this thread. Not a difficult track but interesting enough to keep the hardcore happy (I hope). Idea was to appeal to all skills and provide a base to get gaffers racing. I didn't add all the clubs from my friends list to this one as I'm unsure who's active or not, we'll see I guess. Anyway, enough waffle;

GAF Time Trial/Hotlap
The Kyle - Lotus Exige S - 5 days

Hope to see you there.

Throw in SKIVECLUB too

xrnzaaas

Are the servers actually working properly tonight? I can't join a single online game. Register -> lobby -> window pops up saying I can't connect to other players. Out I go again.

It was working fine a few weeks ago.

I got an error message and had to abort during an online race yesterday (Japan). First time that happened... maybe some servers crapped out or they were just experiencing heavy load.

I got an error message and had to abort during an online race yesterday (Japan). First time that happened... maybe some servers crapped out or they were just experiencing heavy load.

Could be.

I have noticed significant increased in leaderboard #s over the past weeks. About a month ago the Driveclub-GAF account which is basically at the bottom was around 650k. Now they're 900somethingk and pushing a million users on the leaderboard.

I'm sure some of those don't own the game but it's possible they've seen a large influx of users since the holidays.

F-Pina

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

Sports and Performance.

Should make a list of all the GAF clubs in one place so we can send challenges and the like. CheeseGAF checking in (full, sorry).

CheeseGAF
GAFCLUB
BritGAF
Rattleheads
NVR Alone
GAF UK CS
Kuso Club
GAF EU
Kings of Kudos
Lunar FC

Can edit in more if people post, I don't have the time to go through the whole thread. :-(

*edit/update*

Sent a challenge out to all GAF related clubs I know of from my friends list/this thread. Not a difficult track but interesting enough to keep the hardcore happy (I hope). Idea was to appeal to all skills and provide a base to get gaffers racing. I didn't add all the clubs from my friends list to this one as I'm unsure who's active or not, we'll see I guess. Anyway, enough waffle;

GAF Time Trial/Hotlap

Hope to see you there.

Thanks for this, i tired it at the end of a long session and it's also the first time i've tried a track with no markers, needless to say i was rubbish but it was great fun and i will be going back to it over the weekend!

valkyre

I would also vote for Performance and Super categories of cars.

Although I am in desperate need for a LaFerrari in hyper class...(make it happen :D)

Bought the season pass with the -10% code. Looks like it's good value.

Can't wait to get home from work and try the GoaThief's challenge. I assume our club got it since it's on the list.

Just thought I'd post a few more vids from my latest escapades...

This is from the online mp time trial - I hadn't used a mono on Wester Ross before and it was fantastic :)

http://youtu.be/sdR8MhIuwao

Bit of an older vid but don't think I've shared it on here before - this is the Renault Alpine in heavy rain around Bandipur which is a bit of a handful to say the least! ;-)

http://youtu.be/G0FMuqtq1QE

More online fun & games, how many times can you get rammed and stuck in the barriers in half a lap?

http://youtu.be/OabK9Ify0aM

Skillet snapped and exacted his revenge on a guy who repeatedly rammed him. Not that I condone this but it was funny at the time...

http://youtu.be/jonAqbe1WVM

valkyre

If you dont buy the equivalent DLC for the japan tracks, but you have downloaded the japan tracks, that means that no tour events will feature the japan tracks?

I mean is the orginal tour mode tweaked in order to offer races from all locations? Or in order to have tour races in japan you need the DLC?

I suspect it is the later , which is kinda nasty imho. And I suppose the same stands for races with dynamic weather conditions.

PS: I know I can do single races in all tracks. I am asking for Tour stuff.

CheeseGAF
GAFCLUB
BritGAF
Rattleheads
NVR Alone
GAF UK CS
Kuso Club
GAF EU
Kings of Kudos
Lunar FC

*edit/update*

GAF Time Trial/Hotlap

Hope to see you there.

Sign us up bud, it's the club with the least inventive name... Dr1ve C1u8

If you dont buy the equivalent DLC for the japan tracks, but you have downloaded the japan tracks, that means that no tour events will feature the japan tracks?

I mean is the orginal tour mode tweaked in order to offer races from all locations? Or in order to have tour races in japan you need the DLC?

I suspect it is the later , which is kinda nasty imho. And I suppose the same stands for races with dynamic weather conditions.

Nasty? You get the tracks for free which you can use in single & multiplayer events but you have to pay for the tours. It's very fair imho, you want all the DLC for free?

leng jai

The original tour is the same as it was from day one so it doesn't have weather integrated into it. I still think it was a questionable decision to launch weather at a later date but they didn't really have a choice since they already delayed it a year from its original launch date.

Yes it's as you fear, but being honest with the codes flying about right now too, £18 for the season pass and all what you get, I'd say it's a bargain. I already bit on launch for the game and recently picked up the SP. I'm not even bothered that they put the upgrade price down to £20 in the sale, it's a great game and worth every penny I've spent on it.

I wouldn't say it's nasty, you still have access to the tracks, the tours are set as they are so they are the same for everyone, you want more tours, you buy the season pass. You want to just race on the tracks, go in to other section and race as much as you like.

Auctopus

You want the DLC for free then? Dude, right now (presumably 'cause of all the drama) you can get the game and the DLC for a price way less than the game was originally marketed at.

valkyre

The original tour is the same as it was from day one so it doesn't have weather integrated into it. I still think it was a questionable decision to launch weather at a later date but they didn't really have a choice since they already delayed it a year from its original launch date.

As you said, I believe features that were supposed to be in the game but didnt quite make the cut, should be properly intergrated with the rest of the game when they launch.

I mean I get weather effects, but I cant enjoy tour events with dynamic weather? That doesnt make much sense to me.

You want the DLC for free then? Dude, right now (presumably 'cause of all the drama) you can get the game and the DLC for a price way less than the game was originally marketed at.

Weather effects were supposed to be DLC? I dont think so. And if such important aspects of a game (that by the way are included in pretty much every racing game out there) were supposed to be DLC , then that is even nastier. However I dont think that is the case, hense I say that the implementation of those features with the rest of the game is not optimal.

Yes it's as you fear, but being honest with the codes flying about right now too, £18 for the season pass and all what you get, I'd say it's a bargain. I already bit on launch for the game and recently picked up the SP. I'm not even bothered that they put the upgrade price down to £20 in the sale, it's a great game and worth every penny I've spent on it.

I wouldn't say it's nasty, you still have access to the tracks, the tours are set as they are so they are the same for everyone, you want more tours, you buy the season pass. You want to just race on the tracks, go in to other section and race as much as you like.

That was my original intention of asking the question. I am considering the season pass with the 10% discount, but I still think those features should be better integrated with the main game. Cause as they are now, they feel like half-features really.

Thanks for the replies!

Weather effects were supposed to be DLC? I dont think so. And if such important aspects of a game (that by the way are included in pretty much every racing game out there) were supposed to be DLC , then that is even nastier. However I dont think that is the case, hense I say that the implementation of those features with the rest of the game is not optimal.

Being fair weather was never at launch even with the delay. They always said that they were working on it and would be in a patch later on. So I guess without buying the season pass yes the only way they intended people to experience them was in multiplayer or single events.

The tour is well worth it with all the extra content too, but it certainly goes up a notch in difficulty.

Duallusion

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

My vote goes to super, hyper and performance class.

Mabufu

Banned
Rushy, i'd like to share this with you, I hope you read this:

I think that the game launching you directly to Tamil Nadu as a tease is a good idea, but I cant help but worry a bit every time people gets a wrong impression from the game from it.

Because a sunny and dry India is (and I think a lot of people agrees on this) the least impressive location/graphical showcase. Add to that the slow compact cars.

I may be wrong of course, but I think that this, along with buying the game with too much hype, can let down a lot of people who expected... more? Dunno.

But the invitational event is a completely different experience from, lets say, the intensity of a point to point track with a fast car.

I really think, from a consumer perspective, that the game should tease you with some more of its virtues, not every of them of course, but some more would be good to make the people who relies too much on first impressions, give the game more chances to appreciate and love it.

I'd like to see what's your opinion (and community opinion also) of this. Thank you.

Nyx

• Hot-Hatch
  • Sports
  • Performance
  • Super
  • Hyper

Performance and Super are my fav ones but that is mainly because I suck at the game and the Hyper cars scare me ;-)

I welcome any new car though, in any class.

I think that the game launching you directly to Tamil Nadu as a tease is a good idea, but I cant help but worry a bit every time people gets a wrong impression from the game from it.

Because a sunny and dry India is (and I think a lot of people agrees on this) the least impressive location/graphical showcase. Add to that the slow compact cars.

I may be wrong of course, but I think that this, along with buying the game with too much hype, can let down a lot of people who expected... more? Dunno.

But the invitational event is a completely different experience from, lets say, the intensity of a point to point track with a fast car.

I really think, from a consumer perspective, that the game should tease you with some more of its virtues, not every of them of course, but some more would be good to make the people who relies too much on first impressions, give the game more chances to appreciate and love it.

I'd like to see what's your opinion (and community opinion also) of this. Thank you.

The first races should have been Norway or Chile imo.

leng jai

They can easily patch in a race separate from the main tour mode that loads up the first time you enter the game which every player must complete. Something like an Audi R8 on Sinclair's Pass with dynamic weather enabled would suffice.

nib95

Banned

I agree. The first event was a very poor choice for the opener. One of the least graphically impressive time of day settings, and a track that doesn't take as kindly to them either. If they had to go Hot-Hatch, I'd have started on something like Cayoosh Point race instead. Or if they really want to throw in a stunner, a race in heavy rain. Maybe Yedapalli.

AMG

Neo Member
BTW, I am really glad you guys have artists who are obsessed with trees/vegetation as much as I am. Their incredible work will not go unnoticed! #isthisreallife

iilqwk.jpg

Wow! That is very realistic. I actually thought you took a real photo, for us to scroll below and compare to a Driveclub photo. I scrolled down then realised that was the Driveclub photo!!! 😲 👏👏

AMG

Neo Member

I agree. Even just changing the time of day to an early morning (7am), with a slow time change, would make a lot of difference on that course. That is not to say it isn't pretty but that bright sunlight gets more appreciation after you have played through all the courses. Then you appreciate the diversity and uniqueness of the Indian hot sun! 😊

kriskrosbbk

I have some hard time beating a speed face-off of 120km/h on a Photo Finish Trophy event with the Renault DeZir.I can barely reach 115km/h.Any tips guys?

Nyx

To be honest, anyone who writes off the game after 1 race should just quit gaming and find another hobby.

danowat

Banned
I have some hard time beating a speed face-off of 120km/h on a Photo Finish Trophy event with the Renault DeZir.I can barely reach 115km/h.Any tips guys?

It took me a while.

The key, at least for me, was cutting the 3rd from last corner, but slowing down enough for the 2nd from last corner so I didn't hit the dirt on the exit, and then just trying to carry as much speed as possible through the final corner, also, sliding, at all, is very, very bad for the DeZir, it scrubs so much speed off.

I must have tried it 20 times, each time getting 74mph (target is 75mph), I finally managed to get 76mph, but I am not convinced I could do it again............

Top Bottom