• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Putty

Morning fellow plebs. How the UK situation ATM? Yes, it's only 6:51 but some one must be playing this early.

I noticed that what is it exactly?

Face-off would serve as objectives/challenges scattered throughout the track. Complete these challenges and you'll be rewarded with fame points as well. To me this is exciting because now I have to give my best in order get the best highscore.

viveks86

ib0Qwq2UASXuST.PNG

826020-20animated_gif20carlton_banks20fresh_prince_of_bel-air20reaction_image20will_smith.gif

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I need this game to work. This is the first racing game since WipEout HD that I've become obsessed with. I need to race online! Come on Rushy, deliver us!

Prototype

Aren't OTs supposed to come out the day a game gets released?
Ice cold. Lol.

I actually did an online race for the first time yesterday I think it was. It was.... Funny.

One guy was lag teleporting the entire race. I was trying to drive and take lines thru corners but every time another player would ram into me instead of actually trying to take the corner. It got really annoying really fast. Then it just turned into a full on bumper car event. Pretty lame for my first online experience I have to say.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Huh. I think I just understood drifting while practicing to get the final few stars on the tour. Instead of just tapping the handbrake while going into the turn and then trying to adjust by throttling gas, I just hold down the handbrake until I get the right angle, and then go full on the gas. Got 9694 on Marussia Drift event when I was getting 4-5k previously.

EDIT: Um yeah, just beat the All Britain Drift in 2 goes. Definitely got this down.

Do you let off the gas when you use he handbrake? And do you steer fully into the corner to start the drift?

Ice cold. Lol.

I actually did an online race for the first time yesterday I think it was. It was.... Funny.

One guy was lag teleporting the entire race. I was trying to drive and take lines thru corners but every time another player would ram into me instead of actually trying to take the corner. It got really annoying really fast. Then it just turned into a full on bumper car event. Pretty lame for my first online experience I have to say.

That has been my experience the entire 20+ matches I have gotten to play so far. Most people just really suck at drive and/or are trolls. Then again, it's like this with most racing games online. :(

NeoRausch

Whoa! Did the pdate and conected in an instantly! But it's still pety early in germany, we'll see tonight how the new update worked out.

EDIT:
And Multiplayer works without a hickup...ok,nice.

I am excited to see how much better the servers perform once America gets the new update. It won't be a major thing, I am sure, but still a step in the right direction!

Ice cold. Lol.

The secret to online races is just to keep your nose clean within the first few corners.

Don't even think about side by side racing into turn one. If someone is side by side into turn one, don't fight them or drag race to see who can brake latest. Brake earlier than them and brake gentler than them, preferably not on the usual racing line. The slower braking and less abrupt loss of speed will also encourage potential dive bombers behind you to seek the "faster route" around you instead of sticking right behind you once they see that they're going faster into the first turn.

If they suck, they smash into the wall. If they don't, they'll still be deeper into the corner than you and won't have as good or steady acceleration unless they nail it first time, which isn't usually the case.

A good way to tell if someone will let you overtake without slamming you is if they start weaving when you get close, if that's the case, you can make a solid bet that if they have to weave to keep you behind, it's because they can't drive fast enough to keep you behind. Bide your time. Show yourself in their mirrors. With all the weaving and looking behind to see where you are to try and crash into, they are bound to fuck up at some point. You can't nail braking zones, corner apexes and exits while weaving and watching your rear mirror.

If you see someone catching up to you, don't drive faster, lap faster. Don't focus on a faster speed through turns, focus on the right speed. If you're hearing a lot of tire screeching, it's because your car is going sideways. you go faster and lap times get better when your car is going forwards, not sideways.

If you are able to stick to this, races will usually go two ways.

You either get a great start and get close to the front where you fight for the lead against people who may or may not deserve their current spot. You'll usually find out pretty quick if they're real competition or not.

Or you get a good start, don't get close to the front right away and spend a few more corners letting idiots crash before you start trying to catch up to the front.

IMO both scenarios are fine as long as there are some worthy opponents to either provide pressure from behind or to provide a target for you to chase down. A hard fight for third can be much more rewarding than an easy straight forward win.

Of.course,you can't avoid the bs all the time, but choosing who to race and when can make a lot of difference. I found that the 10+ lap endurance races tend to have drivers with a bit more patience too.

/preaching, hope this advice helps someone.ww

NeoRausch

hey, how do i link to my dirty facebook video? just captured a horrible crash with ma BMW. And the best part....it was my fault.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This. WTF, it seems like even the patches are broken...sigh.

EDIT: Restarted PS4, seemed to fix it. Downloading now.

I also tried with restart, no luck so far...looks like they are still adding update up on some servers

The secret to online races is just to keep your nose clean within the first few corners.

Don't even think about side by side racing into turn one. If someone is side by side into turn one, don't fight them or drag race to see who can brake latest. Brake earlier than them and brake gentler than them, preferably not on the usual racing line. The slower braking and less abrupt loss of speed will also encourage potential dive bombers behind you to seek the "faster route" around you instead of sticking right behind you once they see that they're going faster into the first turn.

If they suck, they smash into the wall. If they don't, they'll still be deeper into the corner than you and won't have as good or steady acceleration unless they nail it first time, which isn't usually the case.

A good way to tell if someone will let you overtake without slamming you is if they start weaving when you get close, if that's the case, you can make a solid bet that if they have to weave to keep you behind, it's because they can't drive fast enough to keep you behind. Bide your time. Show yourself in their mirrors. With all the weaving and looking behind to see where you are to try and crash into, they are bound to fuck up at some point. You can't nail braking zones, corner apexes and exits while weaving and watching your rear mirror.

If you see someone catching up to you, don't drive faster, lap faster. Don't focus on a faster speed through turns, focus on the right speed. If you're hearing a lot of tire screeching, it's because your car is going sideways. you go faster and lap times get better when your car is going forwards, not sideways.

If you are able to stick to this, races will usually go two ways.

You either get a great start and get close to the front where you fight for the lead against people who may or may not deserve their current spot. You'll usually find out pretty quick if they're real competition or not.

Or you get a good start, don't get close to the front right away and spend a few more corners letting idiots crash before you start trying to catch up to the front.

IMO both scenarios are fine as long as there are some worthy opponents to either provide pressure from behind or to provide a target for you to chase down. A hard fight for third can be much more rewarding than an easy straight forward win.

Of.course,you can't avoid the bs all the time, but choosing who to race and when can make a lot of difference. I found that the 10+ lap endurance races tend to have drivers with a bit more patience too.

/preaching, hope this advice helps someone.ww

Great advice!

le-seb

I tried restarting, pressing X a number of times. Still no joy

UK here
Try again, it'll start downloading eventually.
Did it for me on the 25th try or something like that.

But how come patches don't even download from the first try, now?
Damn, this game seems to be plagued by some kind of malediction... :/

Top Bottom