• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

R&R

Well, version 1.04 tested. Online somewhat works, still no challenges though and it continues to be VERY iffy - can get a couple of races in and the I get disconnected. Also reconnecting to a lobby is a bitch. And...as I write this I crash into offline mode again...seriously?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It does sound pretty bad. Surely at this time there should be a fairly small number of people trying to play, plus all the improvements made, and yet it is still very flaky. Doesn't bode well for things being completely fixed anytime soon, unless they come up with some kind of massive breakthrough

Spades

Is online fixed ?

mjl.gif

bombshell

No one else get similar bordered results when playing via Remote Play? Have Tweeted Rushy and the DRIVECLUB twitter page to see if they have any idea.

Is the display area setting at the max possible it can get? Because if not, then you have some overscan setting enabled on your tv.

Nyx

Last night I couldn't race...

It was technically possible, but I sucked all of a sudden.
Anyone else have those kind of nights? Where nothing seems to help?

I quit the game and did something else, hopefully I'm back in ''the zone'' tonight.

bombshell

I have set up the borders so that the markers hit the edges as shown here

I've never know the need to set them off the edge to display something correctly.

Yes, I saw that in your previous post. What I meant is, can it be increased further, putting it out of bounds of your tv?

Because if it can, then you should go into your tv settings and select the aspect ratio with no overscanning.

I quit the game and did something else, hopefully I'm back in ''the zone'' tonight.

When Im really tired I suck. Im just not paying as much attention, not braking in time and whatnot, kind of like now.. I need to sleep. This game is crack.. Just one more...

Finally hit level 40. Now I can go to bed.The Gumpert Apollo is OK.

Auctopus

The actual infrastructure when working is pretty clever online. How cars if their connection quality isn't great become see through so you can drive through them. As if each of us are setting a time trial.

Nyx

When Im really tired I suck. Im just not paying as much attention, not braking in time and whatnot, kind of like now.. I need to sleep. This game is crack.. Just one more...

Finally hit level 40. Now I can go to bed.The Gumpert Apollo is OK.

Yeah I get distracted too much during those nights, might be due to being tired as well.

Congrats on lvl 40 and have a good sleep!

Yes, I saw that in your previous post. What I meant is, can it be increased further, putting it out of bounds of your tv?

Because if it can, then you should go into your tv settings and select the aspect ratio with no overscanning.

Ah! well yes it can, I will do that then and check the ratio settings once I get out of work. Thank you.

Vroadstar

I love how this game is designed where every car you drive have their own little nuances (i.e. handling, braking, acceleration etc.) even when they are in the same category.

Like when you start with a new car and got that mindset to drive it like the previous car you've driven, it damn well penalizes you. You have to really adjust your driving style for each car - the detail they put in this game is amazing (the only chink in the armor is the online issue) no biggie for me as the rest of the game is simply addicting.

Oh and the Bac Mono = awesome

As a compensation I just want to transfer the points I earned in Tour to my club.
It's disappointing that I've reached Driver Level 32 and my club is Level 5

Online is awesome but is there are reason why 60% of the events are at Tamul Nadu, arguably the least fun track of the whole game? I've been playing for a couple of hours now and it seems like there are 5-6 tracks that are rotated. None of those gorgeous point to point in Chile or India, for example. Cayoosh Point reversed is pretty much the only longer track that I've seen all morning.

R&R

Online is awesome but is there are reason why 60% of the events are at Tamul Nadu, arguably the least fun track of the whole game? I've been playing for a couple of hours now and it seems like there are 5-6 tracks that are rotated. None of those gorgeous point to point in Chile or India, for example. Cayoosh Point reversed is pretty much the only longer track that I've seen all morning.

Also, why are endurance races missing totally?

Putty

The update has improved things for sure, face oofs have been appearing in Tour mode, but its still hit and miss as to wether my times get posted on the leaderboards. I've done some banzai times aswell 8(

boeso

Yep. On Tuesday it felt like I'd started the game again, couldn't get anything right but last night found 'the zone' and was nailing my lap times consistently. Think it was stress/tiredness which made me worse.

deoee

God some of these challenges in Tour mode are hard. Drift and some time trials come to mind :D

Btw: I'm still looking for a club ._.
deoee0

Is there anyway to turn off the "DriveClub could not connect online" notification?

Graphics Horse said:
:lol what the hell is skfu.xxx

Nobody's going to believe single reports of some game breaking a disc drive.

SKFU is a respected member of the Vita hacking community.

I agree but the caveat here is that the steps taken to achieve this bricked drive are very particular, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that this is the first person to come across this issue.

But as I said before I think it was just a coincidence and the drive was bound to give way regardless.

Neil_J_UK

OK, so sliiiiightly off topic, but I can't make my own thread yet and I've not seen anyone else who's posted their thoughts on this.

I got a hands on with the Remote Play feature of the Z3 phone/compact tablet last night at the Sony Z3 launch party, and took a couple of short videos. I thought I'd test it out using DriveClub, as on all the promotional videos I've seen for RP on the Z3 range DriveClub is the game being played and I wasn't sure how the delay would affect it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYNP9wnWwxs

Not me driving in this video, but I did have a play. Sorry for taking it portrait, I tried to get the controller/tablet/screen in the video and then only later realised it would look crap on YouTube.

Overall, was really impressed with it - as you can see the delay isn't too noticeable if you're just playing to have a bit of fun against friends or the AI, but you're obviously not going to be setting any lap records either. I would say there is a tiny, tiny bit less delay than using RP via the Vita, from my experience at home anyway. I was shocked at how good it looked on screen - most of the games I play via remote play on PS4 are above 30 FPS, and you can really notice the drop to 30 when using RP. But with DriveClub being made for 30 FPS I didn't feel like I was playing a poor mans version of the game.

And really, the best thing about this - using the DS4 instead of the Vita. It really felt like I just had a PS4 hooked up to a small TV and it was awesome. I didn't get the opportunity to test out the Game Control Mount with the tablet, but I was able to use it playing Knack with the Z3 phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qyWb_N7I4

The phone and mount are very light, so it only felt I was holding a slightly heavier DS4. I could adjust the angle of the mount from 90 degrees from the DS4 to 180 degrees, so viewing angle won't be a problem. The delay using RP though this method did seem slightly worse than using the tablet, but I'm not sure if that's due to the amount of PS4/phones/tablets they had hooked up to each other or not.

The only issue I encountered was that after 50% of the races on DriveClub, the DS4 would lose connection to the tablet, and after about 2 minutes messing about on Knack the DS4 lost connection to the phone. Again, not sure if it was an interference issue or not, but it's what happened.

I love Remote Play on my Vita, but my biggest problem with it is using the Vita as a controller as the rear touch pad is a total pain to use and ruins the experience for me. Being able to use the DS4 is a game changer if you use RP a lot, and I would definitely recommend it. It sold me on getting either the Z3 phone/tablet/possibly both - I just wish they'd release a 'full size' tablet for an even bigger RP screen.

Back on topic - they had a competition to see who could set the best lap time on a track they set up on DC, and I felt like a bit of a cheat as I'd had practice, but I managed to win myself a phone :D Not sure what it is yet, they're sending it soon.

B0D7H41IUAApYfZ.jpg:small

kyser73

Fire up the quad, download the updates without a hitch, get online to a massive boost in club points & level, see my man farmerboy there in the social hub, about to join his session and...

My wife takes over the TV to do Jillian Michaels' Shred. Now I'm eating dinner.

It will happen Soony

gruenel

When I play DC offline in tour mode, will my fame points get attributed to my club once I get online again? Anyone know?

farmerboy

As it is, it's a lot of fun and I mean A LOT! I just had my first drive of the Venom. Holy fucking shit.

If the online was working properly, this would have been insane. Challenges, face offs are smart ideas. As I really love the game I feel desperately sorry for Evo, as online was supposed to be what this game was all about. They must be under some enormous pressure right now. Unfortunately you don't get to fuck up like this in the real world, so I'm saddened to think what may happen to some down at Evo. All the shit talk about this being the end of Evo should stop, it's a tremendous game. Come on guys, don't kick a man when he's down.

What we have now, plus online, plus weather, plus replays and photo mode will be fantastic. I just hope people hang around long enough.

farmerboy

Fire up the quad, download the updates without a hitch, get online to a massive boost in club points & level, see my man farmerboy there in the social hub, about to join his session and...

My wife takes over the TV to do Jillian Michaels' Shred. Now I'm eating dinner.

It will happen Soony

If she's looking good, I'd put up with it. ;)

Top Bottom