• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

grmlin

When you can't control the AMG in the wet and keep two clean sectors as well! Currently about 1 second off pace.

4MsE2Zk.jpg

I tried this race and, while knowing that every race needs some getting used to, this one is crazy. I don't know, this will be one of the last races I'll approach, if ever at all.

I thought it was pretty challenging, but still fun and perfectly doable after a few tries, mostly to remember the track and to get a feeling for how much you can step on the gas and when to release it. Is it me though, or is there no way to tell if your first sector was clean, before clearing the second one? Would be nice to know that, so you can restart quicker if you've messed up early.

grmlin

Well, I think I'm simply not good enough to do so ;)

All in all I love this game but I'm afraid it's too hard for me to ever complete it.

When you can't control the AMG in the wet and keep two clean sectors as well! Currently about 1 second off pace.

4MsE2Zk.jpg

It was certainly a challenge i'll give you that ... took me a number of retries.
I recommand aiming for the first 2 sectors clean because it's so frustrating with the last one.

PS: The way you speed up in corners is the key. There are a couple of corner where you must take advantage of the car handling in order to shave precious seconds off the timer.

I thought it was pretty challenging, but still fun and perfectly doable after a few tries, mostly to remember the track and to get a feeling for how much you can step on the gas and when to release it. Is it me though, or is there no way to tell if your first sector was clean, before clearing the second one? Would be nice to know that, so you can restart quicker if you've messed up early.

There will be a 1 in the section for the clean sectors indicating your first was clean. I'd like an indicator to tell me that a sector is no longer considered clean so that I could get a bit more aggressive knowing that an error won't cost the sector.

I'll keep trying but heading out now.

Shaneus

4MsE2Zk.jpg
Oh god, that one!

There will be a 1 in the section for the clean sectors indicating your first was clean. I'd like an indicator to tell me that a sector is no longer considered clean so that I could get a bit more aggressive knowing that an error won't cost the sector.
I'll keep terying but heading out now.
Same. Something that indicates it a bit more immediately would be great.

I'll keep trying but heading out now.

Ah yes, you're right. I remembered it wrong, my actual issue was the same as yours, knowing whether a sector is still clean before clearing it.

Ah yes, you're right. I remembered it wrong, my actual issue was the same as yours, knowing whether a sector is still clean before clearing it.

Not sure if I'm understanding the issue - I guess it tells you when you've completed a clean sector with the counter on the left but doesn't tell you if you've failed to keep that sector clean? I guess most of the challenge indicators go red when you've failed but that one doesn't as long as you can still clear the last sector.

Is this the Trotternish one BTW?

Not sure if I'm understanding the issue - I guess it tells you when you've completed a clean sector with the counter on the left but doesn't tell you if you've failed to keep that sector clean? I guess most of the challenge indicators go red when you've failed but that one doesn't as long as you can still clear the last sector.

Is this the Trotternish one BTW?

Yes, it's the Trotternish event, but it applies to any p2p events where you need to get a certain amount of clean sectors. I'd like to know that i have failed the current sector as soon as it happens, instead of at its end, so i can restart the event without wasting time. Of course it's still possible to complete the challenge successfully at that point, but i get more nervous if that happens and am more likely to fail the remaining sectors as well. It's really a low priority wish of mine though, just something that would be nice to have. :)

Well, I think I'm simply not good enough to do so ;)

All in all I love this game but I'm afraid it's too hard for me to ever complete it.

You could use the new difficulty option then try and go back and do it on the harder one afterwards. Might give you the practice you need and will allow you to get lots of rep to unlock everything.

farmerboy

Trotternish was a blast. One of my favourite tour events with one of my favourite cars.

You'd think that rear wing would give a bit more grip. :)

grmlin

You could use the new difficulty option then try and go back and do it on the harder one afterwards. Might give you the practice you need and will allow you to get lots of rep to unlock everything.

Yeah, I could do that. I do already, but it does not help with the real challenge.

The funny thing is: the original tour was ok for me and I got all stars. Sure, Venom hot lap took some time, but I made it. In the newer tours I often loose any hope pretty fast. They feel a lot harder to me.

Yeah, I could do that. I do already, but it does not help with the real challenge.

The funny thing is: the original tour was ok for me and I got all stars. Sure, Venom hot lap took some time, but I made it. In the newer tours I often loose any hope pretty fast. They feel a lot harder to me.

I would say the difficulty is on par with the difficulty from the final set of events in the main tour. Which means the average difficulty is higher overall, but it doesn't generally test you more so than the end of the core game.

The hardest time trials and races appear in the DLC, but they would, because there's far more of them at that difficulty.

krioto

I don't think the difficulty of the DLC tours is vastly different from the base tour, only that there are obviously more weather events.

I thought the AMG tour difficulty was fine - the GT3 car handles like a dream, and that Trotternish event is just controlled sliding goodness

CoLaN

I always loved racing games, from PGR to Forza and Gran Turismo.

Just started playing this game and wow, i am having a blast!

Trotternish was a blast. One of my favourite tour events with one of my favourite cars.

You sure as hell beat my time I know that much. It's not a bad race once you get some control over the accelerator and brake, something which I've been lacking for a while with any of the cars!

I've almost finished up the season pass tours with only Horsepower and Unite in Speed to go. I have to agree that there are a few too many wet weather races in there. I don't mind some of them but other times I just couldn't handle it. Not the cars mind you, I just think some of the events would have been more fun and exciting had they been in the dry. Some of the events started off with a perfect blue sky and I was like oh yes! but by the end of the first lap it was already overcast and pissing down. Variety I suppose, but in moderation.

Do we have a GAF community on this game? It would be neat to be able to add everyone so as to compare times and share challenges.

There is a community but I can't remember the exact name.

There's also a friend list - add DRIVECLUB-GAF and there's a lot of us on there. It's been going since launch so hopefully it's still accessible.

Having friends times to compete against certainly adds a lot to the game, feel free to add me (psn DHC-Shannow)

Do we have a GAF community on this game? It would be neat to be able to add everyone so as to compare times and share challenges.

There's the DriveGAF PS4 community i founded a while ago, but despite a solid number of members, it's not exactly lively. :) I partially blame myself, i haven't been around much lately, too busy and Yakuza 5 is taking up my spare time.

Send me a FR or give me your username and i'll add you, just don't expect much in the way of discussion. My PSN is everlong416.

LordofPwn

A community would be great.

Anyways, I finally platinumed Bikes. Thought the plat was more challenging than regular Driveclub but overall I found the bikes content easier to 100%. Like in regular Driveclub I just can not 3 star lap times, in Bikes I got them done in a couple of tries.

Good add-on. My best racing game of 2016. Recommend.

A community would be great.

Anyways, I finally platinumed Bikes. Thought the plat was more challenging than regular Driveclub but overall I found the bikes content easier to 100%. Like in regular Driveclub I just can not 3 star lap times, in Bikes I got them done in a couple of tries.

Good add-on. My best racing game of 2016. Recommend.

I'm still working towards my bike platinum, I've been redoing all the tour events on the bikes I haven't maxed out and had a lot of fun with it - having a big friends list helps too as you want another go to get ahead of Sirenty or Makikou :) I had my best ever result of 4th on the global leaderboard through doing this (I'm sure it helps that there's fewer people on the bike tour events too!). It's definitely quicker to rank up doing the skill events tho which is a shame as I prefer races and time trials but hey ho...

Fox Mulder

At least I'm consistent in the handcrafted by racers merc drift event. Best has been 10,195 four times in a row somehow.

Ahhhhhh

There's the DriveGAF PS4 community i founded a while ago, but despite a solid number of members, it's not exactly lively. :) I partially blame myself, i haven't been around much lately, too busy and Yakuza 5 is taking up my spare time.

Send me a FR or give me your username and i'll add you, just don't expect much in the way of discussion. My PSN is everlong416.

My user is the same as my username here :)

I understand though, I think for a lot of people, myself included, Driveclub is just a side-game. By that I mean it's something I hop on every now and then, and play in bursts, then go back to my usual.

I spend most my time on Rainbow Six Siege at the moment, but I do like to pop Driveclub in for a few races, here and there.

LordofPwn

I'm still working towards my bike platinum, I've been redoing all the tour events on the bikes I haven't maxed out and had a lot of fun with it - having a big friends list helps too as you want another go to get ahead of Sirenty or Makikou :) I had my best ever result of 4th on the global leaderboard through doing this (I'm sure it helps that there's fewer people on the bike tour events too!). It's definitely quicker to rank up doing the skill events tho which is a shame as I prefer races and time trials but hey ho...

lol yeah, i cracked the top 400 for skill event on India napur(sp?) 02 - managed to get over 16k very quick way to max out all the bikes. races and time trials were very fun with decent challenge, skill events were just kind of meh.

My user is the same as my username here :)

I understand though, I think for a lot of people, myself included, Driveclub is just a side-game. By that I mean it's something I hop on every now and then, and play in bursts, then go back to my usual.

I spend most my time on Rainbow Six Siege at the moment, but I do like to pop Driveclub in for a few races, here and there.

I wouldn't say it's a side game for me, at least no more than any other game i would still be playing regularly after a year. I've actually played it daily since i re-bought it digitally in summer, but after getting my club more or less alone to level 50 recently, i needed a bit of a break. Besides, i've been waiting to play Yakuza 5 for 3 years now, and i don't have much free time recently, so everything else had to give. :)

Seems like PSN is currently undergoing maintenance, i'll send you the invite a bit later.

Finally after about another 30 minutes trying! Was always blowing it in the final sector.

Now to go back to the bikes.

Nice, congrats!

Finally after about another 30 minutes trying! Was always blowing it in the final sector.

307DRIVECLUB20160104170.png

DRIVECLUB20160104170.png

Now to go back to the bikes.
Congrats.

I was way more motivated ( at the time ) because a teammate got it faster than me , but you have to admit .. once you've cleared it ..that satisfying feelign ... it's great , right ?

Seeing as PSN is down for maintenance, what happens to my times that I set while we can't access online? Will they sync and be added to the leaderboards once it's up or will they be lost forever?

Seeing as PSN is down for maintenance, what happens to my times that I set while we can't access online? Will they sync and be added to the leaderboards once it's up or will they be lost forever?

i believe times set offline aren't sync at all . ( that how it was last year when i checked. Dunno if driveclub work differently now )

Bedlam

I'm currently at 1000/1080 stars but now I'm stuck at the French Connection race in the Torque trophy. I mean, holy shit, I don't even come close to this guy. How do I do this? Any tips?

I'm currently at 1000/1080 stars but now I'm stuck at the French Connection race in the Torque trophy. I mean, holy shit, I don't even come close to this guy. How do I do this? Any tips?

What car & track is it?

even then, the répétition gets boring after a while

Yeah that Chile skill event was recommended to me too but I'd rather have a crack at the sprint events once I've hit my limit on the Tour - It's actually improved my performance on the P2P tracks which were always my weakness, but repeatedly doing a small section of the track really helps when you're doing the full course.

What car & track is it?

Yeah that Chile skill event was recommended to me too but I'd rather have a crack at the sprint events once I've hit my limit on the Tour - It's actually improved my performance on the P2P tracks which were always my weakness, but repeatedly doing a small section of the track really helps when you're doing the full course.

This was one I was stuck on too, it's the Survolt v the Renault Dezir, I found that sliding the car was the key as the grip when you hit the gas again straightened you up pretty quickly. Didn't really get past him till the first corner of the second lap though, if need be and you have a chance to pass, dump the car in to him and knock him off line a little ;)

This was one I was stuck on too, it's the Survolt v the Renault Dezir, I found that sliding the car was the key as the grip when you hit the gas again straightened you up pretty quickly. Didn't really get past him till the first corner of the second lap though, if need be and you have a chance to pass, dump the car in to him and knock him off line a little ;)

https://youtu.be/rx22r2WzPzo

This is my best run of 5 attempts, I got him in the twisty bit on the back of the circuit but if you don't get him there then if you have a good exit you can get a draft then get him on the left hander. You can either sweep around the outside (cool but risky) or go for an inside slam (less cool but more likely to work!). If you do get him here then be ready to block on the straight as the Alpine is quicker than the Survolt. Main key to the challenge is getting a good apex and exit speed on the first lap to get the overtake done - once in the lead it's pretty easy to defend.

Edit: Just noticed it's you Trolley with the average speed record in that middle sector :)

Yeah if memory serves I didn't pass that guy until late into the event, I think it is almost scripted that way :p

Just finally got round to doing the AMG tour, yeah that wet one was tricky paying too much attention trying to keep a sector clean costing too much time.

Found the SLS-E drift event a bitch and much harder.

Just bought the game on the Playstation store.

I've never enjoyed a racing game this much before and been exclusively playing offline. But a part of me thinks that I'm not really playing it properly with just the DS4. lol

Do some of you use controllers?

I've never enjoyed a racing game this much before and been exclusively playing offline. But a part of me thinks that I'm not really playing it properly with just the DS4. lol

Most peeps use controllers as DC appears to be harder with a wheel - go back a few pages and you'll find a conversation about that.

DS4 is one of the most used method of play with driveclub

Denur

https://youtu.be/rx22r2WzPzo

This is my best run of 5 attempts, I got him in the twisty bit on the back of the circuit but if you don't get him there then if you have a good exit you can get a draft then get him on the left hander. You can either sweep around the outside (cool but risky) or go for an inside slam (less cool but more likely to work!). If you do get him here then be ready to block on the straight as the Alpine is quicker than the Survolt. Main key to the challenge is getting a good apex and exit speed on the first lap to get the overtake done - once in the lead it's pretty easy to defend.

Edit: Just noticed it's you Trolley with the average speed record in that middle sector :)
That sounded like a challenge. After a dozen attempts got to 2:16.176 (rank 17). Still shaking. 😊

Something I noticed last night, during the PSN outage I cleared through the EBR Bike DLC gaining the full stars trophy and also win the championship, however the didn't trigger, but I didn't really thing much of it. I had full stars for the DLC so figured they would update once PSN was back up.

Well last night I started the game and nothing, then once I had completed one race the 'All Stars' trophy popped, but still no trophy for winning the championship. Turned out that I had to go redo the 3 events again and win it all again for that to come up. Any ideas why this would be Rushy?

Top Bottom