• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Droid DNA unveiled: Verizon's first 1080p phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lh0C4.jpg

hkZBn.jpg

U83Bk.jpg

xGMKb.jpg

esXnc.jpg

Damn... 1080p on a 5'' display! It's such a waste to have so much resolution under such a tiny screen... still cool but useless personally

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Can I get a smartphone with minimal bells and whistles that is specced for having the best battery life and reception as possible please?

Ok, cool. Are we at the point where phone prices can start coming down now though? Almost there? Please?

There's no reason to add a better screen after 1080p. I don't think processing power needs to make any huge leaps at this point. Just do refinements and bring cost down please.

$200 on contract isn't bad. The lack of storage is though. :(

I'm probably the only one in the thread that likes Sense, I agree it's bloated but to me it's the most usable "out of the box" version of android, I honestly hate stock Android in a lot of ways, I get tired of having to find 3rd party apps for a ton of things Sense does by default a ton better.

Anyway, I have a Galaxy Nexus work phone so it's hard for me to justify getting a new personal phone but man this looks sweet!

Alucrid

Banned
lol, I've got one too. I'm probably going iphone next round but bro fist for putting up with this piece of shit for so long.
My phone restarts itself 5-6 times a day, usually when I have to use it to make a call too. Fuck this piece of shit.

The Verizon 4G LTE sim card.
Can someone explain what this is all about? Just an added accessory to get LTE?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
My phone restarts itself 5-6 times a day, usually when I have to use it to make a call too. Fuck this piece of shit.

Can someone explain what this is all about? Just an added accessory to get LTE?

LTE is part of GSM, which uses sim cards.

Joates

Banned
Ill have to hold this in my hand to make a judgement, not that I will be switching from my new S3 but Im curious to see how a 5in screen feels. The 4.8in one on mine is on the verge of being difficult with only one hand with certain tasks...

Mahzkrieg

Banned
Resolution overkill, I think.
Battery is going to suffer greatly.

I's love a phone with the specs of the GS2...
But with an updated OS, updated camera, and a battery that lasts 24 hours.

nib95

Banned
Why do these manufacturers always leave something out and with it risk not nabbing back market share from Samsung? Sony with whack battery life, and HTC with storage and lack of an sd card slot (iPhone for numerous reasons lol). It's annoying, because this device sounds at least close to perfect. But guaranteed Samsung's S4 will be a more complete package, essentially the same thing, but with a removable battery, sd card slot and all the rest. Once again it will come down to aesthetics and build finish vs the best all round features, specs and software.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
1080p on a 5" screen. But people show bitterness and resent towards more resolution for TVs.

*SIGH*

Who shows bitterness and resentment towards higher resolution TVs?

Isnt the Korean 2560 x 1440 thread incredibly healthy?
Arent most of gaming GAF already at 2560x1440/1600 or saving up to buy a 2560x screen?
I dont think anyone is bitter at with higher res screens.
Wasnt the whole 4K TV thread blowing up with excitement?

Nonetheless, 5 inches is a bit much honestly....I find the One X and Galaxy S3 too big.
But more power to those that love their large phones, it is quite an attractive phone too.

mackattk

Those pics always make me laugh. Its like, those pictures look amazing! the screen looks amazing! While being viewed on a 15" 768p laptop screen.

The phone looks awesome indeed.

Cipherr

Please direct your tech based insecurities to this holding pen please: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499698

Lol technology doesn't stop.

And if you doubt the screens beauty, check this vid out.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zxp1FOouVzw

Goddamn it looks good.

I really wonder if they will have LCD4 improvements over this screen tech ready for their next flagship Q2 of 2013. The OneX is just flat out the best mobile screen out right now. I wonder if they will be able to match its brightness/color accuracy and more in the HTC TwoX.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
But without retina display, it's not the goodest phone.

Just after I got a smartphone, bam obsolete. I know the feel now guys. Oh well, 4K awaits me when my contract runs up. Why 4K? Why the fuck not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom