• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever DEMO thread - Instructions and impressions here

remz

Didn't even realise I had this until I checked by borderlands CD key just then. Lol.

Exciting times.

Zomba13

So close!
Can't Wait!
Still not pre-ordered it yet. Where should I get it from? I could go Steam or get the collectors or whatever edition...

EDIT: Just had a look around. Zavvi has it cheaper than steam (£25 not £30) and comes with a T-shirt. Not a good looking T-Shirt, would be better with just the radioactive symbol logo thing. Think I'll get it there.
Duke1.jpg

Teknoman

Also hope the game supports 16:10 proper. A little of not supporting going around these days...awesome games too (Bulletstorm for instance).

Oh and no crazy performance issues please.

RobbieNick said:
I have a pre-order code for the 360. Will it work now?

You should not have a code that works on a 360 yet. The code you have right now should be redeemed on the First Access Duke Nukem site. Gearbox would then email a demo code tomorrow (or whenever when the demo officially comes out).

I think it is too late to redeem that code now for a 360 demo, as they asked for players to select their platform a while back. I think only PC codes will go out now should you redeem your preorder code... I could be wrong though.

Zomba13

Teknoman said:
Also hope the game supports 16:10 proper. A little of not supporting going around these days...awesome games too (Bulletstorm for instance).

Oh and no crazy performance issues please.
This. The Witcher 2 doesn't either does it? (At least it didn't for me when I ran it at 1680x1050)
It annoys me so much having the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Teknoman

Zomba13 said:
This. The Witcher 2 doesn't either does it? (At least it didn't for me when I ran it at 1680x1050)
It annoys me so much having the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Aw, still doesnt support that? I havent checked since I still need to go through the first game.

Zomba13

Teknoman said:
Aw, still doesnt support that? I havent checked since I still need to go through the first game.
As of 1.1 still black bars. A shame really when it's a PC exclusive (at the moment anyway).

Majukun

the demo is going to just appear on xbox live and the system will recognize if i am in the first access club?

abracadaver

Majukun said:
the demo is going to just appear on xbox live and the system will recognize if i am in the first access club?

no you will get a code that you have to enter in the dashboard to download the demo

TimmiT

Will I be able to download the demo if I pre-purchased the game on Steam? I didn't get a code for the First Access Club.

benjipwns

Banned
Anilusion said:
I only have standard (non GOTY) Borderlands on my steam account, but I still got an access code.
I believe they gave it to everyone on Steam when they updated Borderlands to have the achievements.

Or maybe it has to do with the DLC?

celebi23

Can't believe I'm going to be playing a small part of DNF tomorrow. I just hope my Summer 2010 MacBook Pro can run it ok (got a Windows 7 partition all set up). While we're waiting for the demo, might anyone be up for some DukeMatches?

Salsa

Zeitgeister said:
So...what about the Steam preorders of the game itself? Any word on how that is supposed to work with the demo and the first access club?

TimmiT said:
Will I be able to download the demo if I pre-purchased the game on Steam? I didn't get a code for the First Access Club.

Do you have the Duke icon on your library?

maybe the key is there under "view game cd key"?

SalsaShark said:
Do you have the Duke icon on your library?

maybe the key is there under "view game cd key"?

No, it's just "duke nukem forever pre-order" at this time, so there is no actual content yet. No doubt the preloading and forums will start in a few days.

Hawk269

Sinatar said:
If you go into "detail" view in steam you can access your CD Keys on the side without having to install the game.

keysi7pq.jpg

Holy shit dude...how many Steam games do you have? Nice list though!

StuBurns

Banned
I'm looking forward to trying it, I don't have my first access code anymore, but I have my sign up email that will let me into the first access website, I hope that's all I need to get the demo.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
GBX_AdamF said:
They should have emailed you one. If not, contact Amazon and ask them via e-mail and stuff. They should be able to assist.
I've got the Balls Of Steel edition on order from HMV UK, but haven't received a code :(

Thankfully, I have a First Access Key thanks to Borderlands, but still, it's a mean to not have got the pre-order code considering I have the CE on order & all.

Still, hyped to see what tomorrow brings me. Can't wait to have the Duke back in my face.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Zomba13 said:
As of 1.1 still black bars. A shame really when it's a PC exclusive (at the moment anyway).
And this is why my rig is hooked up to my HDTV.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Pre-ordered. Had a 40 dollar gift credit on Amazon, so I got the game for 20 bucks and they give you a $10 credit for buying it. HELL YEAH

Rich!

thetrin said:
And this is why my rig is hooked up to my HDTV.

Same here.

So, is this demo launching at 00:00 GMT (ie. 4th June)? Because that's just over an hour from now. And it'd be great to play before the Konami conference.

Knowing my luck though, it'll be american time.

what the hell the UK preorder site lists Amazon but I have the Balls of Steel edition pre-ordered from there and theres no mention of FAC. Grr.

Eep saw the list of retailers, amazon not included, going to preorder from play.com, get the code and cancel.

Well provided they send me one.

Turfster

So... just to check, when you click the registration confirmation link in the email, you just get the Join screen again, right, without any actual visual confirmation anything happened?

Turfster said:
So... just to check, when you click the registration confirmation link in the email, you just get the Join screen again, right, without any actual visual confirmation anything happened?

Same thing happens to me.

Top Bottom