• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusty PS3 Kid = Professional Actor

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
InterMoniker said:
The Wii is in it's own little world. The PS3 is closer in price with the 360 so why would they go after the wii?

That's because fox news network actually presents the wii in a good light.

Cue 100 hate posts about Wii

gkryhewy

InterMoniker said:
The Wii is in it's own little world. The PS3 is closer in price with the 360 so why would they go after the wii?

Why would they go after Sony? This isn't MSNBC. Makes no sense. The actual guy could be paid by MS, sure, but Fox are just being stupid media followers, not active manipulators (IMO).

gkrykewy said:
Why would they go after Sony? This isn't MSNBC. Makes no sense. The actual guy could be paid by MS, sure, but Fox are just being stupid media followers, not active manipulators (IMO).
If that is the case that's pretty pathetic on Microsoft's part.

tanod

when is my burrito
Sol.. said:
Speaking of which. doesn't it say in the warrenties in many electronics that excessive dust voids it?

If it's from neglect, then it will. The customer has a duty of care to keep the thing reasonably clean.

Aladuf

Banned
jtardiou said:
Here's a fucking suggestion: Wipe off all the dust and send it in ?

I must be missing something, because thats just too obvious

Every time I hear about this dusty PS3 story that is all I ever think, just wipe off the fucking thing for 10 seconds with a towel and this will all be over with.

Who'd let their PS3 get that dusty anyway?

I can't help wiping my consoles whenever I clean my room. I hate seeing them dusty. I vacuum my PC out pretty often too..

xaosslug

sadder: that Fox thought this was worthy of a news segment, or that someone took the time to background check it (and subsequently, uncover something slightly fishy...)? Clearly, even Fox didn't expect this. :lol

Sho Nuff said:
How is this even newsworthy, let alone getting air on Fox News? Jesus. American reporting is beyond pathetic.

edit: Is he CHEWING GUM during an interview? Appalling.

something, something Britney Spears, or something.

inner-G said:
It just seems to me that FOX didn't provide 'fair and balanced' views of a problem with a foreign electronics manufacturer.
inner-G said:
It just seems to me that FOX didn't provide 'fair and balanced' views of a problem with a foreign electronics manufacturer.
yeah...

belvedere said:
I still don't understand how a single dusty PS3 gets nationwide news coverage while the 360 RROD problems get slid under the rug.

i don't watch news, but i always assumed that the RROD problems was covered at some point. to here that it wasn't comes as a shock. fox decides to put a single ps3 that is obviously a fraud on the air.

I mean honestly you can tell the whole thing is set up: " yeah we were going to watch Planet Earth on blu ray" lol the way he said it was just too funny. and then he was like " i went to WIGGLE, uh press the eject button," if you watch his thumb im not sure what hes doing but thats not the motion to eject a disc from the ps3. finally the dumbass reporter says that she has the same issues with her consoles at home. jesus christ take a rag to your console, this crap is so obv setup. its impossible for that much dust to collect in anything less than 3+ years.

LOL at the end he says hes hearing from people that are saying they have even more dust on their ps3 than he does. and that they might take sony to court. W T F. someone needs to call this dude out

:lol

Holyshit man, this might actually be just one big conspiracy :lol

Awesome find.

InterMoniker said:
If that is the case that's pretty pathetic on Microsoft's part.
xbox_boat.jpg

128477766_f14b997790_o.jpg

TONX said:
The fact that he's an actor totally escaped FOX news?
are people in this thread seriously suggesting that someone, anyone, has paid this kid to do this?

cause otherwise i can't see why it matters if he's an actor or not.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
belvedere said:
I still don't understand how a single dusty PS3 gets nationwide news coverage while the 360 RROD problems get slid under the rug.

I been asking the same damn thing lol

Madman

plagiarize said:
are people in this thread seriously suggesting that someone, anyone, has paid this kid to do this?

cause otherwise i can't see why it matters if he's an actor or not.
While I'm not suggesting it, you can never ignore the possibility. Really, would it be that big of a shock if a corporation used a paid actor in order to spread FUD about a competitor's product?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Android18a said:
Who'd let their PS3 get that dusty anyway?

I can't help wiping my consoles whenever I clean my room. I hate seeing them dusty. I vacuum my PC out pretty often too..

Seriously, if his consoles are like that imagine how his room/place is

Madman said:
While I'm not suggesting it, you can never ignore the possibility. Really, would it be that big of a shock if a corporation used a paid actor in order to spread FUD about a competitor's product?

It's not like PS3s are flying off the shelves.

gkryhewy

Madman said:

Except the truth would invariably come out, resulting in massive embarrassment, even more than resulted from Sony's 'PSP Xmas' thing.

gkrykewy said:
Except the truth would invariably come out, resulting in massive embarrassment, even more than resulted from Sony's 'PSP Xmas' thing.

It came out. You think this will show up on Fox now? Something like that coming out on the internet doesn't really mean much. Something like this showing up on Fox news though...

Metalmurphy said:
He's an actor. This is all an act.

Proof or shut up.

With that said, I think someone should try testing this by sending in their PS3 with extra dust -- maybe even PS1 or PS2 and see if Sony responds with "this is too hazardous to our technicians." If it's too hazardous for them, why would they let the consumer have it?

Madman

gkrykewy said:
Not necessaraly. If something was well thought out it wouldn't be discovered.

mcgarrett

Madman said:
But don't you think they'd come up with a better scenario? I'm sure the majority of people who saw this story came away not so much thinking Sony bad, but dirty man stupid.

You need to stop and listen to yourselves. You really think that Fox has nothing better to do than hire an actor, do nothing whatsoever to hide his real name, and have him come on the news and lie to deliberately smear what? A children's toy? Seriously?

The paranoia amongst certain of the Sony fans is reaching disturbing levels here. Come on. Use your fucking head.

gkryhewy

Metalmurphy said:
It came out. You think this will show up on Fox now? Something like that coming out on the internet doesn't really mean much. Something like this showing up on Fox news though...

It came out? What, you really believe that this fellow being an actor proves a FUD campaign by a rival console manufacturer? Butthurt indeed.

Mockingbird said:
Proof or shut up.

With that said, I think someone should try testing this by sending in their PS3 with extra dust -- maybe even PS1 or PS2 and see if Sony responds with "this is too hazardous to our technicians." If it's too hazardous for them, why would they let the consumer have it?

You mean you want more Proof then the actual pics of the PS3? :lol There is NO WAY a PS3 can get dust like that unless you intentionally do it.

gkrykewy said:
It came out? What, you really believe that this fellow being an actor proves a FUD campaign by a rival console manufacturer?
It came out the fact that he deliberately filled the PS3 with dust. Everything else is for themselves to believe what they want.

Madman

Segata Sanshiro said:
You need to stop and listen to yourselves. You really think that Fox has nothing better to do than hire an actor, do nothing whatsoever to hide his real name, and have him come on the news and lie to deliberately smear what? A children's toy? Seriously?

The paranoia amongst certain of the Sony fans is reaching disturbing levels here. Come on. Use your fucking head.
I thought people were suggesting Microsoft (or Nintendo I guess) hired the person.

And at what point was it decided that gaming systems are children's toys?

Firewire

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:

6llsopc.jpg

Then explain to us how this happens? How does so much dust get into the slots?

vilmer_

Segata Sanshiro said:

Microsoft is well known for media stunts like this. You actually think it's just some kind of coincidence?

Madman said:
I thought people were suggesting Microsoft (or Nintendo I guess) hired the person.

And at what point was it decided that gaming systems are children's toys?
Would it be easier if I called them toys predominantly used by children?

Furio53

It's on Fox Business News. Since this relates to Sony Corporation and how big of a deal it has become on the internet, don't you think the story is relative to the news channel?

gkryhewy

Metalmurphy said:
It came out the fact that he deliberately filled the PS3 with dust. Everything else is for themselves to believe what they want.

Do you have a link where he admits that? Seems like everything "is for themselves to believe what they want". Fair enough.

firex

lol at all the people in this thread in a bitchfest because this guy mentions a problem with their poor precious PS3. jesus, stop taking your hardware preference like a religion.

Madman

Segata Sanshiro said:
Would it be easier if I called them toys predominantly used by children?
The best selling games on most platforms (Gran Turismo, GTA, Halo) are intended for and mostly played by mature audiences. Wouldn't that indicate a high amount of older players?

I'm done here. Believe what you want to people. It's what everyone in the world does anyways.

cicatriz

Segata Sanshiro said:

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you're so far off point that I actually feel sorry for you, or that other people are actually doing the same thing.

The fucking point isn't that there's some grand conspiracy against Sony, but that the story was fucking bogus to begin with. No PS3 on the planet has or ever will become that dusty, naturally.

firex said:
lol at all the people in this thread in a bitchfest because this guy mentions a problem with their poor precious PS3. jesus, stop taking your hardware preference like a religion.
That's one way to miss the point.

iceatcs

belvedere said:

At least there is sub-title "The Xbox 360 console has overheating problems" at the end of FOX news from Gametrailers (4.50 to 5.04).

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Firewire said:
6llsopc.jpg

Then explain to us how this happens? How does so much dust get into the slots?

Only way a person can explain that is they live in a wooden house with hardwood floors and there vacuum is broken to a point when they use it it shots dust all over the place. and...... I can't think of any crazy way for it to get like that

Top Bottom