• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

storl026

I played through this (third time?) on Crushing last weekend and finally got the Platinum. I really missed the grenades being mapped to a button, and yes the enemies were slightly frustrating at times. But it is still an amazing experience and absolutely worth buying if you haven't played either Uncharted.

JaseC said:
All of my play-throughs of Drake's Fortune - bar the first - were on Hard, which would explain why I didn't find Among Thieves particularly challenging on said difficulty. Still an immensely fun game, nonetheless. Easily my favourite game thus far this generation... a title which Drake's Fortune held until the aforementioned sequel hit. I must've played through it at least half a dozen times in the year leading up to Among Thieves :lol
Because AT is much easier then Drake's Fortune. The enemies in the first dodge and weaved, flanked much better thanks to not being boxed in like AT.

Drakes Fortune battles like the sewer, 2 battles outside of the church, and inside the church blows away AT battles by a mile.

I played Crushing on both tons of times.

RPGCrazied

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it is the OT of it. I just got both games today, just cause the demo of II was bad ass.

One thing with the first one, I'm getting lots of screen tearing, is this normal? I got none whatsoever in the II demo. Oh well, oddly enough, it doesn't screen tear at all in the cutscenes.

RPGCrazied said:
Sorry to bump an old thread, but it is the OT of it. I just got both games today, just cause the demo of II was bad ass.

One thing with the first one, I'm getting lots of screen tear, is this normal? I got none whatsoever in the II demo. Oh well, oddly enough, it doesn't screen tear at all in the cutscenes.
Yeah, UDF has a bunch of screen-tearing, UC2 fixed that issue.

RPGCrazied said:
One thing with the first one, I'm getting lots of screen tearing, is this normal? I got none whatsoever in the II demo. Oh well, oddly enough, it doesn't screen tear at all in the cutscenes.

Tearing is not game-breaking in the first game. Uncharted 2 has no tearing whatsoever.

Cutscenes are pre-recorded with enhanced lighting, hence no tearing.

Unchated 2 fixed the tearing with triple buffering, but this messed up some of the in-game lip syncing (which they do well to hide).

I bought Uncharted 2 with Vanquish but a lot of stuff got in the way. Started playing it today.

So gorgeous.
Feels epic.
Loved the stealth.
The story is entertaining although a bit obvious for the genre.

Do like!

jonnybryce said:
I bought Uncharted 2 with Vanquish but a lot of stuff got in the way. Started playing it today.

So gorgeous.
Feels epic.
Loved the stealth.
The story is entertaining although a bit obvious for the genre.

Do like!

I'm glad someone else appreciates the stealth. There's lots of people that hate it but I like clearing out an area without firing a shot.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I'm glad someone else appreciates the stealth. There's lots of people that hate it but I like clearing out an area without firing a shot.
I like the stealth elements too, but didn't like the forced stealth / alarm section in the beginning of U2.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
xenorevlis said:
I like the stealth elements too, but didn't like the forced stealth / alarm section in the beginning of U2.
Same here. Part of what made the stealth sections work so well in most of the game was that they could be used to set yourself up in better positions and lighten the crowd for the upcoming firefights. That stealth section at the beginning lacked that.

Mega bump!

Question - I’m up to chapter 13 and playing on normal...but switched over to hard and now I wanna go back to normal. Can I select chapter 13 from the chapter select screen on normal and when I finish the game will I get the trophy for beating it?

In other words do I have to do the chapters in order, or so long as I’ve done all the chapters on a certain difficulty I’ll get the trophy? I wanna know if I have to start over or just pick chapter 13 and keep on going. The game is awesome by the way.

Tricky I Shadow said:
Mega bump!

Question - I’m up to chapter 13 and playing on normal...but switched over to hard and now I wanna go back to normal. Can I select chapter 13 from the chapter select screen on normal and when I finish the game will I get the trophy for beating it?

In other words do I have to do the chapters in order, or so long as I’ve done all the chapters on a certain difficulty I’ll get the trophy? I wanna know if I have to start over or just pick chapter 13 and keep on going. The game is awesome by the way.

Anyone?

storl026

Tricky I Shadow said:
One more question – Will changing your skin mid way through a play through effect the trophy? Don’t wanna risk it for Crushing.

I don't know for sure, but if it's that important, why chance it?

Well I finished this today and I had an absolute blast! It’s just so much fun.

My expectation was I was going into something good, and when I was about 1 hour in I had my expectations shattered as I ended up walking away from something amazing! The demo doesn't do the game...but more specifically the graphics justice at all. The lighting was stunning at times, and when on the jet-ski seeing Nate and Elena wet looked so damn good - just a pity the jet-ski was pretty bad with the controls, it felt too loose. Another nitpick is the library puzzle, that stumped me. Reminds me of the sliding puzzle in Resident Evil 4 with how everything else before it was cake, then you get to this puzzle and it kinda breaks the flow. Anyway, I'm gonna go finish off hard and then do crushing to get my platinum. I've got Uncharted 2 ready to go after that! : )

Tricky I Shadow said:

My expectation was I was going into something good, and when I was about 1 hour in I had my expectations shattered as I ended up walking away from something amazing! The demo doesn't do the game...but more specifically the graphics justice at all. The lighting was stunning at times, and when on the jet-ski seeing Nate and Elena wet looked so damn good - just a pity the jet-ski was pretty bad with the controls, it felt too loose. Another nitpick is the library puzzle, that stumped me. Reminds me of the sliding puzzle in Resident Evil 4 with how everything else before it was cake, then you get to this puzzle and it kinda breaks the flow. Anyway, I'm gonna go finish off hard and then do crushing to get my platinum. I've got Uncharted 2 ready to go after that! : )
Man, would love to revisit this games with a wiped brain. Uncharted was such a great experience for me, I had no idea I was walking into something so awesome when I picked it up as one of my first Ps3 games. Great introduction... Not to mention the sequel, you're in for a treat so enjoy as you have been!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's always nice to see this thread bumped with positive responses to the game.

Crakatak187 said:
Because AT [isn't as challenging as] Drake's Fortune. The enemies in the first dodge and weaved, flanked much better thanks to not being boxed in like AT.

Drakes Fortune battles like the sewer, 2 battles outside of the church, and inside the church blows away AT battles by a mile.

I played Crushing on both tons of times.

That was my point.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Tricky I Shadow said:
Anyway, I'm gonna go finish off hard and then do crushing to get my platinum. I've got Uncharted 2 ready to go after that! : )

Lucky you ~ I envy people playing Uncharted 2 for the first time.

Tricky I Shadow said:

Tha library puzzle gets a lot of people the first time. Damn thing had me stumped for a while.

I would recommend starting Uncharted 2 right now. It's so damn good and you can always go back to get the trophies in the first game then.

Meisadragon said:
Lucky you ~ I envy people playing Uncharted 2 for the first time.

kVMVj.gif

BruiserBear said:
Tha library puzzle gets a lot of people the first time. Damn thing had me stumped for a while.

Heh, glad I’m not the only one. I just wanted to keep on playing so I just looked it up on YouTube.

Is it normal to get a good amount of tearing? I just got up to Ch.9 and you use the jetski thing and there was so much tearing while I was playing that. It was making me nauseous.

JWong

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is it normal to get a good amount of tearing? I just got up to Ch.9 and you use the jetski thing and there was so much tearing while I was playing that. It was making me nauseous.
I played Uncharted about 3 times, never noticed tearing.

Then I saw someone mentioned it on GAF. Started seeing it, but never really bothered me. So yah, there's tearing.

JWong said:
I played Uncharted about 3 times, never noticed tearing.

Then I saw someone mentioned it on GAF. Started seeing it, but never really bothered me. So yah, there's tearing.

Ya, I don't know if I don't remember it or what but now it's really starting to bother me. :/ Even after that part there's been a good amount of tearing.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
yes its normal it gets better once you reach chapter 14

daxter01 said:
yes its normal it gets better once you reach chapter 14

Blech, does any kind of installation of the game help with it? I don't remember what options there were in the beginning, I usually went with the biggest install though.

storl026

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Blech, does any kind of installation of the game help with it? I don't remember what options there were in the beginning, I usually went with the biggest install though.

There aren't any install options.

Bigfoot

Anyone know how to check the difficulty of a current save game? I decided to go back and try for a Platinum... I've got a save game at chapter 11 but it doesn't say what difficulty it is. I can't remember if I was playing on Normal or Hard, and I don't want to restart with Hard unless I have to...

Atruvius

Porthos said:
Anyone know how to check the difficulty of a current save game? I decided to go back and try for a Platinum... I've got a save game at chapter 11 but it doesn't say what difficulty it is. I can't remember if I was playing on Normal or Hard, and I don't want to restart with Hard unless I have to...
Look from options, difficulty should be under gameplay or game.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Porthos said:
start the game and go into your options. from there you can change your difficulty but it should also tell you what difficulty you're currently at.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Since this thread has been bumped, I would like to applaud ND's inclusion of a true in-cutscene pause menu. It's been well over 3 years since my first play-through of Drake's Fortune, and yet such an offering is no less awesome.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Square Triangle said:
I cannot be the only one who thought this was the Uncharted 3 OT for a split second.

Got me too. However, I'm happy to see this thread yet lives. I started playing through Drake's Fortune today, on to Among Thieves when I'm done. In preparation for U3. :)

Still got Golden Abyss to look forward to, as well.

Uncharted <3

PowderedToast

i really like this entry, might go through it again. i love how you traverse through one huge location, there's a stronger sense of being an actual adventurer than in the sequels.

Top Bottom