• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition Goes Gold, New Trailer

MaKTaiL

Bozak Horde is the worst fucking DLC ever fucking conceived. Fucking ever.

They advertise a season pass by dangling a cool weapon weapon out there, get people to buy the DLC before they know what it is, and then hide it behind a fucking timed gauntlet that cannot be completed single player unless you spend hours on trial and error having to replay the same annoying shit over and over, or break down and watch 20 min walkthroughs so you can memorize the waves. And one mistake can fuck your run. And it all takes place in a tiny-ass area.

Honestly if not for The Following these guys would be in the running for most obnoxious, slimiest season pass ever. Bozak was a fucking scam.
I've beaten Bozak on my own plenty of times. It is not hard AT ALL. It is a challange, so it shouldn't be easy either. A few runs with other players and you will get the hang of it pretty fast. I got the bow and all the other types arrows on my own. I have all waves memorized just by playing 3-5 times. I play Bozak everyday with other players just for fun or for helping out. You get dockets for doing it that give you weapons.

teokrazia

There are a few things to it. If you've only played the Dying Light demo, you'll have a very limited perspective on how even small improvements in Dying Light had a huge impact.

*cut*

5.In DL zombies collide with each other, with a pretty consistent physcs = alot of micro-shades of gameplay, especially in melee and crowd control

Planet

Someone here living in (or got the game from) UK with only the base game? You can still buy the season pass for the old price of GPB 15.99 from here, while in the store itself it has been upped to GBP 24.99. Go do yourself a favor! :D

Rocketz

I grabbed the season pass time tonight off of Amazon to get ready for this. I can't believe it's still $20 on there. I've also started cleaning up some remaining side quests and achievements.

SomTervo

5.In DL zombies collide with each other, with a pretty consistent physcs = alot of micro-shades of gameplay, especially in melee and crowd control

Good call.

The physics on the whole in Dying Light are really awesome. I love how zombie bodies are handled. I spent untold hours punting zombies off rooftops and their fall animations + landings never got old.

SomTervo

As I feared, they Batman'd it :<. Still going to buy it though.

They announced it would be like this ages ago.

Frankly: I'm not excited about the driving either, but they knew how to handle it well in Dead Island &#8211; whereas Rocksteady had never handled driving before and arguably fucked it up first time.

A) There's a precedent with Dying Light: The Following
B) The world looks flatter and more spacious than the previous two maps, so I have little doubt it will be useful, but still more optional than the Batmobile in Arkham Knight

I'd rather a big, new chunk of city, too - but I'm OK with this. I will simply choose not to use the car a lot of the time :) which was a valid way of playing Batman: AK a lot, too.

lol "Batman'd it"

as if that's suddenly a bad thing

the following is gonna kick ass. only wish it could have been released next week. really wanna play it

Word, I am goddamn dying for it.

CryptiK

lol "Batman'd it"

as if that's suddenly a bad thing

the following is gonna kick ass. only wish it could have been released next week. really wanna play it

They announced it would be like this ages ago.

Frankly: I'm not excited about the driving either, but they knew how to handle it well in Dead Island &#8211; whereas Rocksteady had never handled driving before and arguably fucked it up first time.

A) There's a precedent with Dying Light: The Following
B) The world looks flatter and more spacious than the previous two maps, so I have little doubt it will be useful, but still more optional than the Batmobile in Arkham Knight

I'd rather a big, new chunk of city, too - but I'm OK with this. I will simply choose not to use the car a lot of the time :) which was a valid way of playing Batman: AK a lot, too.

Word, I am goddamn dying for it.
When the game was focused on parkour traversal melee combat it was great. Now there is a car and a big map that is mostly car space. They spout that its the size of the two previous maps combined but then you see big open spaces and then bleh. I'm still hyped as fuck, just disappointed.

The problem with Arkham Knight isn't that the driving is bad rather it's the way Rocksteady integrated it into the game so unless the driving is like 75% of the expansion and that the whole focus is on it then it'll be alright.

MaKTaiL

I would say it's much more in line with Far Cry than Batman at this point. (Which, by the way, I don't think is a bad thing.)
That's what I was going to say. It looks a lot more like Far Cry than Batman. Far Cry had vehiacles too but I barely used them.

I missed this at launch but I'm super hyped for it now. I've got that open world itch again and I think this is gonna satisfy it.

I'm gonna just start on the main story but could I roam into this area or is it something detached that you select at the start?

MaKTaiL

I missed this at launch but I'm super hyped for it now. I've got that open world itch again and I think this is gonna satisfy it.

I'm gonna just start on the main story but could I roam into this area or is it something detached that you select at the start?
We don't know yet. I hope it is a quest we can get in-game and we can travel to the initial cave on foot.

$20 for The Following or $30 for the Season Pass.

hmm, I could have gotten the game for $15 on Black Friday but waited since I heard about this. Seems it would have saved me money if I bought the game then and the season pass and just waited for the enhanced edition improvements to come.

Wait the enhanced edition is $60?
Yeah, I didn't expect it to be $60 either. Figured it'd be around $40, so this'll be a tougher sell to co-op buddies.

That said, Dying Light is not a short game. There's a lot there, and all of it available in co-op. Ok, the very beginning and very end isn't co-opable, but thats it.

SomTervo

hmm, I could have gotten the game for $15 on Black Friday but waited since I heard about this. Seems it would have saved me money if I bought the game then and the season pass and just waited for the enhanced edition improvements to come.

The crazy thing is it was originally $10 I think, until December 2015. Then in October they announced it was way bigger than they originally expected, so they were charging $20 instead.

In now-expected sound Techland fashion, they announced the price increase two months before it happened and left the price at $10 so people could still get it for that. I respected the honesty so much that I didn't bother and I'll be buying the expansion full-price.

When the game was focused on parkour traversal melee combat it was great. Now there is a car and a big map that is mostly car space. They spout that its the size of the two previous maps combined but then you see big open spaces and then bleh. I'm still hyped as fuck, just disappointed.

I do see your point. However, I'm willing to give Techland the benefit of the doubt. They killed it with Dying Light vanilla and the post-game support since has been incredible (Bozak notwithstanding).

Like TW3 and AC Syndicate, I reckon humping the game-world on-foot in The Following will be great even if the spaces are large and car is the fastest option.

TheBear

Is there any value to the season pass when the DLC is $10 cheaper?
I only hear bad things about the horde mode and it wouldn't interest me anyway, and I could care less about a weapons pack.

How long til the DLC drops?

needs a Dawud origin story so we can find out how he came to be such a badass dude.

will buy this early next month, looking forward to playing it.

will the enhanced upgrades come as a patch for people who already own the game?

Top Bottom