• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light: The Following |OT| Still has zombies in swimsuits

RavenHawk

I can't believe they release a patch with such an obvious sound bug. No one noticed there's no audio for footsteps on surfaces walking, running, sneaking or when you jump down off stuff? lol How is that possible?

My Bozak dockets and exploding arrow blueprint somehow vanished with the update (X1)...

Egg0

Banned
I can't believe they release a patch with such an obvious sound bug. No one noticed there's no audio for footsteps on surfaces walking, running, sneaking or when you jump down off stuff? lol How is that possible?

I'm on PS4 and I'm getting sounds. Can't really hear walking sounds, but I can hear running, landing on stuff, jumping on cars etc.

Also it's crazy that a stable framerate makes a difference. Not that it was atrocious before.

How do I play in Nightmare difficulty? Does it have to be from a new game?

Works fine for me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well update: I loaded another 100% game I have saved and that one has footsteps sound. But my other hard playthrough, there's no footsteps sound.

Obviously a bug, but not quite as "obvious" as it first seemed. So idk... sucks though. I'm like 15 hrs into this fresh hard playthrough.

Update 2: I just replicated the sound bug with my previously unaffected save by switching to the ninja outfit. Beware. Don't knowif it's just ninja that triggers it though, as I switched to that one first. So no control sample. I'll mess with it some more.

MaKTaiL

Lots of bugs in this update.

- My exploding arrows are gone,
- Bozak Horde is impossible to complete now (invencible Goons on Round 6),
- Runners don't stop coming on Hard,
- Footsteps sounds are missing
- 4 custom maps on PS4 instead of 6 on Xbox One (what the heck?),
- Performance seems to be worse than before on PS4,
- Weapon durability is messed up and lucky repair is not working
- Legendary levels can be leveled up with Disaster Packages, haven't you learned anything Techland? People are reaching max level in 1 minute by duplicating the packages....
- Nightmare mode is more like "zombies don't die mode". My best weapon takes 10 hits to kill a regular zombie, are you kidding?

I trusted you Techland, I'm really disappointed now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PS4: ninja outfit causes footstep sound bug. Switching back does not remedy it. I'm afraid it might be locked in if the game saves while the bug is active. Testing that now.

This bug sucks, you really don't want it.

Update: If you change your outfit back, it'll be bugged until you sleep again. But at least it's a fix. Still ninja outfit is bugged. The one I actually paid money for. :/

CryptiK

- Nightmare more is more like "zombies don't die mode". My best weapon takes 10 hits to kill a regular zombie, are you kidding?

Awww thats bullshit. I thought it was increased crowd and damage.

DeaDPo0L84

I was really excited to rush home and dive in but this is bullshit everything that happened to my game post patch. Going back to bloodborne.

Maddanth

Does anyone know how to access the expansion? Do u have to be at a certain part of story etc? As I already completed but a few months ago started a new game so I'm not that levelled up.
Is the expansion out already? That's pretty shitty people reporting all these bugs and glitches tho.

M.W.

- Weapon durability is messed up and lucky repair is not working
- Legendary levels can be leveled up with Disaster Packages, haven't you learned anything Techland? People are reaching max level in 1 minute by duplicating the packages....
- Nightmare mode is more like "zombies don't die mode". My best weapon takes 10 hits to kill a regular zombie, are you kidding?

Ruh Roh Raggy

Not noticing any performance issues on my PS4 version with a low level player. Maybe I'm hallucinating but the game might have a tad less ghosting now too.

In what ways is the performance supposed to be worse after the update?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

The main game was very buggy at the start as well, and I say that as someone who loves it. I'll be waiting awhile until the expansion is working perfectly as I don't want to taint the experience.

J4g3r

Wait so it isn't going to be live on PSN until Friday?

I was expecting to be able to pick up just the add-on when PSN updates on Wednesday in the UK.

TheBear

I've got a 3GB update downloading, but I don't own a season pass and I can't seem to find the $19 DLC pack to buy. Is this different for anyone else? (Steam)

Sye d'Burns

Does anyone know how to access the expansion? Do u have to be at a certain part of story etc? As I already completed but a few months ago started a new game so I'm not that levelled up.
Is the expansion out already? That's pretty shitty people reporting all these bugs and glitches tho.

I found the DLC on the PlayStation store (web) by searching for "following." It's a 2.2 GB download.

To play the following, you have to go to Play -> The Following. It lets you import your existing character and drops you in the new story.

Rizzi

I've got a 3GB update downloading, but I don't own a season pass and I can't seem to find the $19 DLC pack to buy. Is this different for anyone else? (Steam)

Steam is telling me that I own the Enhanced Edition on the store page, and is showing up as regular Dying Light in my library. I never bought any of the DLC.
I'm as confused as you.

So... I shouldn't start playing this until a patch for the update is released? Unbelievable how glitchy this game is. Not to mention how glitchy the trophies were the first time around. Not really excited to replay it.

There were supposed to better visuals? I'm playing PC, so maybe it would be less apparent than on consoles. Can someone do a side by side?

oipic

That'll be the Enhanced Edition update to the base game that Steam is downloading.

Looks like The Following expansion is still yet to make it to some/many Steam stores internationally.

Satiago77

Neo Member
I GOT IT!! And it's Awesome! Any questions feel free to ask, I played for 5 hours just roaming around, this thing is huge!

derFeef

Curious about the update. I am not enjoying DL that much, only palyed 10 hours of it. Maybe the parkour and AI enhancements will finally make it click with me?

SomTervo

My body is so ready.

I'm seriously close to buying on PC just so i can play it now instead of Friday.

But everyone gets the patch today right?

So I went to start a new game for The Following.

It comes up with "This save has been created using a previous version of the game. If you continue, it will be converted to the current format but previous game versions won't be able to load it.

Do you want to continue?"

Does this mean, if i choose to play The Following, I will lose my save in the original campaign? Or I just cannot go back to the previously patched build?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, help me out here cause I'm confused.
My Dying Light entry in my Steam Library just says "Dying Light". However, the Steam Store tells me that I already own "Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition"

Here was a dumb question

Edit: I'm an idiot, don't mind me. Does it still say "Dying Light" in the Steam Library even though it's the Enhanced Edition?

Sye d'Burns

It comes up with "This save has been created using a previous version of the game. If you continue, it will be converted to the current format but previous game versions won't be able to load it.

Does this mean, if i choose to play The Following, I will lose my save in the original campaign? Or I just cannot go back to the previously patched build?

That did not happen for me.

According to kotaku, your character and all his loot can load between the games. That has me wondering why they didn't just put in another travel poster.

Legendary levels can be leveled up with Disaster Packages, haven't you learned anything Techland? People are reaching max level in 1 minute by duplicating the packages....
Ahem, mind sharing how to do this? For research purposes only, of course.

The latter--it gave this warning for the Bozak Horde DLC too.

SomTervo

I get the title. Nice.

Shouldn't the Ninja outfit always have had silent footsteps? Perhaps they're righting a wrong. Sounds buggy that it stays until a sleep, though.

Imo even Hard mode was too easy once you did a few quests and weapons started doing more damage. So hopefully Nightmare will be the true, intense survival free running experience I always wanted. Pretty excited.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you have the PC version and can't access The Following, it's because Techland forgot to add the common and Linux data depots to several subs. The DLC app itself is in 25 subs but the data depots are only in 11 and judging from the list it seems Ultimate Edition owners are stuck waiting.

For people mentioning glitches on PS4, have you installed patch 1.09? It was released today/yesterday and the notes say that it fixes issues with The Following.

abracadaver

Just played the first hour (on PC)

Graphics seem to be the same, didn't notice any differences. But I always loved Dying Light and this seems to be more of the same. Probably not a fan of the driving, instead of parkouring through a city you just drive to the next location now.

I hope the campaign is very long.

SomTervo

I'm having some annoying micro stuttering (PC).
Steam downloaded 13.7mb overnight. Verifying files now.

Somebody ITT mentioned that DL and Fallout 4 call countless .pad files for seemingly no reason. I think they said you can kill the process for that without any ramifications and it ends the stuttering. Check through the thread.

Didnt seem to be related to the patch or expansion though, just a general thing.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
damn it, i was looking forward to picking this up. i played the demo on pc recently and really enjoyed it so said to myself i'd wait for the EE and now it seems that's got a load of bugs/issues? what the hell? this is supposed to be an enhanced edition.

not sure if i should still get it. on steam there is the "dying light the following enhanced edition" for £39.99 but i can't see if this includes "the following" dlc and the season pass. i thought it was supposed to but i'm not dropping £40 to find out i need to pay another £40!

Top Bottom