• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces Subscription Service for Xbox One ($5/month or $30/year, get game vault)

Rezae

Sony please take notes. A low price point will get the masses attention.

edit: In regards to PSNow. I know this is just as comparable to PS+ in a way.

That's a good deal, actually. I wonder if it would include like BF Premium content.

Safe to say you'd gain access to "last year's" sports titles and such. They still want to sell new copies of Madden. But for a lot of people, that wont matter.

"FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4"
Four complete and utter shit games.

That idea is interesting though but I can't think of any good EA games.

Consoles in 10 years:

Price: FREE !!!

Subscriptions:

- EA: 5 $ ( +1 for DLC ) per month
- Activision: 5 $ ( +1 for DLC ) per month
- Ubisoft: 5 $ ( +1 for DLC ) per month

bigkrev

IF they do it in a way that adds games over time (IE, 1 year after a games release date it's added to the service), this is an awesome idea. Bravo!

Wonder if they plan on doing a PS4 version as well, or if it's Microsoft exclusive.

Apparently they are going to add games so I would expect newer games eventually.
But never 'new' games.

Not at that price.

You are on cuckoo land if you think that makes any business sense, especially with the legs some of their yearly titles have.

It is called Vault for a reason, vault can denote old, archive etc. It'll just be a cheap way to play last years' roster updates.

jbug617

Banned
Here is EA explaining it. You guys were right about new games. My bad

Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*

Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

Europe and Canada also

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-ea-access-on-xbox-one

Varth

So THAT'S why I wasn't able to play Battlefield for months. It was a subscription based shooter all along!

Was about to rebuy battlefield 4 for like $20 and get FIFA/Madden when cheap so this is a decent deal

Can sell /trade my plants vs zombies garden warfare too

RIP EA games on games for gold/PS +

Hah, the "vault" terminology made me think they were gonna put up old emulated games too.

"Finally I get to play Budokan and the Strike series!"

edit: MS did announce recently that they updated some backend systems to allow for different types of bundles/subscriptions/etc. I'm guessing this is one of the first fruits of that. In addition, they probably have a lot of other digital licensing code lying around, based on their initial plans from last year, haha.

H3xum

This is an unbelievably awesome deal, presuming you get 100% of the content and not like, single player only FPS and such.

The early access to games is also crazy. Gasp.....Good on ya, EA

Man, that doesn't seem like to good of a deal on their end. I mean, most of their games are annual so you'll only need to pay once to play them and at half the price.

Orayn

I'd consider something like this on PS4 or PC if it included all the DLC, but it seems like that's where they're planning to make most of their money with this.

Still, I can definitely see this being a good deal for certain consumers.

Wow, this has serious potential. I'm surprised at how low the price is. I definitely wouldn't mind checking out BF4 for a month or so.

Chobel

Here is EA explaining it. You guys were right about new games. My bad
Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*

Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

Europe and Canada also

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-ea-access-on-xbox-one

WOW WOW WOW!!!

1349.gif

OneUh8

Sounds almost too good to be true lol. I will be very skeptical if new releases will be in there. I can see after 6 months a game is added. Even so, that is a pretty good deal.

Allforce

Additionally, EA Access will also net subscribers 10 percent discounts on all EA digital content, which includes full games and DLC, as well as access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later). Games that will be eligible for early access and save copy-over are Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Memberships can be purchased on Xbox Live, and will also be available at retail stores like GameStop and online destinations like Amazon. The subscription service will launch "soon," according to EA, and will be available in North America and Europe.

Top Bottom