• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces Subscription Service for Xbox One ($5/month or $30/year, get game vault)

VanWinkle

It's strange because they have this "Vault", but XB1 is a very new system. You have to wonder how often games will be added to that. It can't be often if they don't add newly released games to it (which they won't). A vault, to me, would see like a big back catalog, but I'd hardly call these four games released 8 or less months ago a "vault".

Still, very interesting.

Bsigg12

Sounds cool but-

When I hear "VAULT" I think about an OLD SAFE, with OLDER GAMES.

Does this include NEW RELEASES too?

Sounds like new releases will get trials a week before release, with save data transferring to the full release and a 10% discount on digital purchases.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-ea-access-on-xbox-one

ANNOUNCING EA ACCESS FOR XBOX ONE: THE BEST WAY TO PLAY EA’S GAMES

Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*
Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!

Hmmm. Needs more games before I jump in but I'd consider it certainly. Sony should do something similar. Hell, ALL publishers should do something similar if this proves to be popular.

PensOwl

Banned
This makes Best Buy's gamer club look like absolute shit. Not to mention being significantly cheaper than ps+, xblg, etc

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
It seems pretty obvious that this will be like Netflix and not include newer games. I'm guessing games would be 6-9 months old. I still think it's a great deal, though.

This is a great deal. I'd really love to know when the new games would be added to the vault. I can wait a few months to save myself $60. If they have any business sense though they'd wait 6+ months so that they can get the impulse buyers' $60.

Phades

This sounds like something that should have happened last gen for the sports titles specifically given the nature of those games.

I'm a little surprised that BF was thrown in for good measure though, since annual iterations of it aren't quite parrallel to the sports titles unlike COD for example.

Getting Fifa 14 digitally and it gets me access to BF4? (Wouldn't play Madden and already own Peggle 2), for $5 a month or what will likely be £4 I think I could be in for this. I'd probably even consider a yearly deal as its much cheaper.

Consoles in 10 years:

Price: FREE !!!

Subscriptions:

- EA: 5 $ ( +1 for DLC ) per month
- Activision: 5 $ ( +1 for DLC ) per month
- Ubisoft: 5 $ ( +1 for DLC ) per month

Xbox live -$30-$40 (always sales throughout the year for 12 month cards
PS+ -$30-$35 (has been on sale past two black Fridays

$75 per year + a free console

That's a digital future I'd join

StoopKid

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-ea-access-on-xbox-one

ANNOUNCING EA ACCESS FOR XBOX ONE: THE BEST WAY TO PLAY EA’S GAMES

Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*
Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!

I wonder how much did this cost ?

They want more of the cut, makes sense.

I'd expect to see promotions tied to Vault subscriptions as well. Pre-order discounts, early unlock DLC, etc.

Exactly, I can't imagine ever paying for this on top of live, EA creating their own equivalent of Games for Gold just effectively removes (potential) future content from G4G. If Activision/Ubi follow suit, eeeesh....

Jb

That's a really interesting program, will be interested to see how quickly games are added to it after their release.

unbias

Sounds pretty cool, will probably give it a shot... I wish it was on the PC instead though, I actually like Origin.

yuraya

The games they are offering are only 6-12 months old. So its really a great deal for that price. Especially when they add more games to it $30 per year is a steal.

fras

Banned
I'd buy the hell out of this. $5 a month to get access to a growing library of games and early access to some new titles? Count me in.

HBP

This is great, I love sports games but don't buy as many these days due to time and the low trade in value, so now I can just play the previous years version.

Top Bottom