• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has to be in the running for the stupidest, most trivial complaint levied yet in this thread. How does anyone possibly give a shit about something like this? Bosman eating pizza the wrong way around is a hundred fold more aggravating than the idea that people who attended their special event got a 2 days heads-up on some light announcements.

Yeah, it's really confusing. I don't believe these people are actually that upset, just looking for something to complain about.

Bahaha, just got past the diaper bit in the FT. Oh man, Huber is absolutely hilarious.

Though I'm not enjoying this FT as much as others just because of my sheer disconnect with the opinions presented in instances. Huber on Horizon's sidequests is how I feel about Zelda and it makes me question if I played that game wrong or something.

Ah well, will power on regardless.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
Yeah, it's really confusing. I don't believe these people are actually that upset, just looking for something to complain about.

I can assure you that I'm not upset with what transpired but more concerned as to why it even occurred. If you view my posts as mere complaints, then so be it.

Philippo

Re:Frame Trap:

Don't worry Ben, you pronounced the name well! ;)

Also, just to expand on the names i dropped in the mail:
-Chopin was a polish composer (you definitely have heard his Nocturne)
-The movies that inspired Kojima that i watched were "The Guns of Navarone" and "Escape from New York"
-Jean-Paul Sartre was a french philosopher, the character Jean-Paul from NieR:Automata was inspired by him

Pygrus

So story time isn't a 40k goal anymore, that kind of sucks...

I guess we already get enough story time in the podcasts as is, but it would have still been fun to listen to.

Episode in a nutshell:

576.gif

Mikey Jr.

For me, a Nintendo centric podcast does absolutely nothing for me. That's probably an entire piece of content I'll never watch sadly.

The movie podcast could be cool. But will it be super obscure stuff? Or more main stream stuff?

AlucardGV

Banned
wait, is the nintendo podcast weekly? i mean, more podcast everybody wins yay but....is there even enough material from nintendo to cover a weekly podcast?

Also, Tail of the sun streams are strangely addictive. found myself spending 2 hours watching cavemem running around and doin Nozomi jumps

Friends

If you are skipping out on Nier Automata you are a gosh dang fool

This game is i n c r e d i b l e

I'm like 30 hours deep almost and i have like 1/3 of the total sidequests done and only 3 of the endings

This is Platinum's masterpiece

Kneefoil

wait, is the nintendo podcast weekly? i mean, more podcast everybody wins yay but....is there even enough material from nintendo to cover a weekly podcast?

Also, Tail of the sun streams are strangely addictive. found myself spending 2 hours watching cavemem running around and doin Nozomi jumps
Every other week, just like Frame Trap.

Anaithsol

Neo Member

I believe it'll be biweekly once the goal is achieved? I imagine we'll learn more on tomorrow's stream.

Kyle and his playthrough of Tail of the Sun is absolutely entertaining to watch. There's been many moments where I've actually found myself laughing out loud or mimicking Kyle's responses.

It's definitely a welcome change after Prysm.

AlucardGV

Banned
Friends

I'm like 30 hours deep almost and i have like 1/3 of the total sidequests done and only 3 of the endings

Platinum'd
i want kyle to reach ending E. i think he would either love it or hate it

Tabletop theory:

So the Nightingales were extorting Kalveed to fund their war. Darius gets Necator to give him the Infinite Gold Bag, he gives that to the Nightingales. The Nightingales, now with infinite money, no longer need Kalveed, so they burn it along with every other city they've encountered.

Also sewer gators are official lore now.

emb

I've been feeling a little mixed about the prospect of playing Automata first, but it sounds like the new one is good enough to justify it as a starting point. Either way I'd want to play both, for sure.

mishakoz

I just want to say in regards to the constant "criticism" debate that constantly arises here.

Brandon just straight up asked for criticism, and asked us not to spare feelings and be nice, but to tell them what works, what doesnt, including in regards to the concert and patreon.

So, be tactful and considerate, make sure critique is constructive and offer solutions, but it is welcome and hopefully people will stop shutting it down. No one improves if they don't know what's not working.

do I really have to play the first Nier to play automata?

I really wanted to avoid going back to PS3 and even more to Nier

You don't but you should know the very basics of the lore probs. If you don't want to watch any lore videos a short plot summary will be fine.

I will say that out of all the Taro games Drakengard is my favourite and I didn't even play it.

dickroach

what's the point of the multiple endings in Automata? like, why would I wanna play through the same game 10 times?
no familiar with Nier at all

I was meaning to pick up the original for years, but now the prices have went up a little due to this new one

It was cool for Tim to take time out to mention EZAs anniversary on the Kinda Funny morning show, even cooler to give kudos to Brad and Huber. Tim saying Huber is his mirror image just makes me want him to do something with the Allies even more (although he did play snipperclips with Blood).

Tim wishes he was Huber lol. Love Tim, but he is not Huber. He does have his own unique qualities though.

what's the point of the multiple endings in Automata? like, why would I wanna play through the same game 10 times?

Because the endings ain't really endings. Think akin to RE2 A and B scenarios.

Slight spoilers if you want to know how it approx works in Nier Automata:
A and B route are pretty much the same but from a different character perspective. C route is a ''sequel'' to AB route.

AlucardGV

Banned

I was meaning to pick up the original for years, but now the prices have went up a little due to this new one

the main endings are 5 you don't need to replay the game 5 times, they have different content

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

The easiest way it can be equated to is think about Visual Novels that have different routes.
As for the point mmh, maybe Yoko putting an "ending" on certain points is him asking the players to reflect for a moment.

For people wanting some Nier:A discussion fix until EZA gets to it hopefully with more people I do recommend again the latest waypoint radio episode. It doesn't go beyond ending A but the discussion was really interesting to listen to. It's the kind of conversation that comes about with 3 different people engaging in a really weird game in a really intimate way each going away with different feelings and things they focused on during the experience.

Ben does a great job heralding it on the latest frametrap but it's just different when several people are in on the game and experiencing it.

Kneefoil

I'm hoping that Brad picks up the pace with his Nier streams. I'm in no hurry to play Automata, but I do plan on playing it eventually. I've never played the first game and don't currently a way to play it myself, but I'm enjoying the streams, so they have been a neat way to experience what Nier is all about.

I just want to say in regards to the constant "criticism" debate that constantly arises here.

Brandon just straight up asked for criticism, and asked us not to spare feelings and be nice, but to tell them what works, what doesnt, including in regards to the concert and patreon.

So, be tactful and considerate, make sure critique is constructive and offer solutions, but it is welcome and hopefully people will stop shutting it down. No one improves if they don't know what's not working.

I think most people know that. 90% of the quarrels that arise here are not to do with the criticism itself but the way that some users have difficulties expressing said criticism without resorting to some sort of unfair personal attack.

Earlier this week, there was a good few pages of solid criticism that was polite, constructive and fair. It's just sometimes either people get carried away or worked up and the point they're trying to make that might possibly be valid is lost in a mire of insults or ignorance.

When people call others out for their criticism, it's rarely to do with the actual improvements the poster is trying to see within EZA (in my experience) and more to do with the nature they are expressing it in.

abrack08

Friends

I'm about 10-11 hours in, it's really great so far, can't wait to start getting to the endings (
I've already got K, T, and U. I've self destructed like 4 other times outside the bunker trying to find other endings lol
). I still feel really early in the story, I was trying to do every side quest as they came up qnd getting kind of annoyed/burnt out running back and forth from all the locations. I didn't realize progressing just a bit more would let me fast travel to all the save points, now it's really going smoothly.

I'm sure it's a case of "you ain't seen nothin' yet!" but when
you're fighting the machines in (Facade?) masks and they're saying they're scared and please don't hurt them... And then start changing "THIS. CANNOT. CONTINUE." So... Unsettling, just with the implications.
I've been thinking about that part for days. I have a feeling the game is going to completely blown my mind.

Axass

I just started the latest TTE and the positive vibes are contagious, I still remember TTA and the group having constant arguments. I love how jolly they are and how smooth things work.

Also, I must say that Ben has grown tremendously in this year, I genuinely appreciate his efforts, such a great guy.

The Zelda: BotW review broke 125k views on Youtube, making it their most watched review yet. That's pretty great. Congratulations to the Allies and to Damiani and Jones in particular.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
I think most people know that. 90% of the quarrels that arise here are not to do with the criticism itself but the way that some users have difficulties expressing said criticism without resorting to some sort of unfair personal attack.

Earlier this week, there was a good few pages of solid criticism that was polite, constructive and fair. It's just sometimes either people get carried away or worked up and the point they're trying to make that might possibly be valid is lost in a mire of insults or ignorance.

When people call others out for their criticism, it's rarely to do with the actual improvements the poster is trying to see within EZA (in my experience) and more to do with the nature they are expressing it in.

Going back a few pages, you can see the critique toward the handling of information at the concert event being attacked in... well, not so pleasant ways.

I don't know how anyone can take my posts today as a personal insult let alone a baseless complaint, but these users have certainly been anything but respectful in regards to their disapproval. Other posters sharing similar concerns were pretty much treated the same way as me as far as I can see and recall.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: this community largely views negative opinions of any kind as direct opposition and an attempt to encourage discourse regardless of the context. It happened before with the criticisms toward the subscriber song and gift opening on the group streams and it's happening again now.

A lot of folks can't seem to understand that just because you don't agree with someone or something does not mean that poster is attacking Easy Allies or your very way of thinking. It's okay for certain issues to have zero impact on your enjoyment of EZA content, but it's simply not okay for you to shut down or label any source of constructive criticism on the grounds of it being "stupid and trivial."

Mista Koo

Again, he's one of the most critical reviewers of Nintendo games in the industry right now. Brand loyalty my ass 🙄
I was speaking about the consumerism of making a show about a brand 🙄

If you only cover games on certain platforms you're specialized and seeking a specific audience. If you make a show in a general outlet about that platform it's weird. Never understood P.S. I Love You either.
But hey, I'll give it a shot. I assume it will be like the Zelda talk stuff but maybe with more allies.

I wasn't referring to you or the recent discussion about the exclusivity of information given to people at the event. I wasn't even necessarily referring to certain posters' entire post history. Just some notable comments from the last few months that were objectively rude. I've never been against criticism, how are Easy Allies meant to understand how their fanbase is reacting without feedback? I've certainly left my fair share of feedback/criticism. But there's no doubt that there's been certain comments that have crossed the line in the last 3-4 months.

I don't want to dwell on it because I think as a community/thread in general, I think we've got much better at communicating and criticism. I was just saying that the important thing is not what you say but how you say it.

Axass

TTE makes me miss when I used to play Baldur's Gate 2 for hours and hours via LAN with a buddy. Such great times.

Did that too, but for some reason we kept restarting from scratch every week... I've done Irenicus's dungeon like 20 times.

EDIT: So, $40k broken already, 20 people to reach 6k patrons and 150 subs to 100k on Youtube. The mega-stream hasn't even happened yet and there's still 8 days to the end of the month. We're finally going places.

Hasney

I find the combat better in other Platinum games than Nier Automata, but everything else.around it is so goddamn good it's fine. Solid top 5 of the year easily which just shows how nuts the year is.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
I wasn't referring to you or the recent discussion about the exclusivity of information given to people at the event. I wasn't even necessarily referring to certain posters' entire post history. Just some notable comments from the last few months that were objectively rude. I've never been against criticism, how are Easy Allies meant to understand how their fanbase is reacting without feedback? I've certainly left my fair share of feedback/criticism. But there's no doubt that there's been certain comments that have crossed the line in the last 3-4 months.

I don't want to dwell on it because I think as a community/thread in general, I think we've got much better at communicating and criticism. I was just saying that the important thing is not what you say but how you say it.

Fair enough, but I don't know why you would go back to events that transpired three or four months ago when you could instead reference current or very recent examples.

People have certainly been rude in the past and today with their criticisms, but there's also a lot of instances where people supposedly being "respectful" have been anything but when sharing their disapproval toward rather innocuous statements.

I do agree that certain users could be better in how they state their grievances, but that doesn't seem to be as large-scale of an issue as you seem to think.

Overall, I think this trend of just moving past these murky episodes by posting a string of positive yet silly comments in the attempt to derail the current conversation is extremely counterproductive. We've gotten better as a community, there's no doubt about that, but we still have plenty of work to do in regards to handling feedback be it positive or negative in nature.

sinxtanx

I find the combat better in other Platinum games than Nier Automata, but everything else.around it is so goddamn good it's fine. Solid top 5 of the year easily which just shows how nuts the year is.

*Ben nat 20 face* We're not even halfway through. *Ben nat 20 face*

Axass

Anyone taking Zelda veeeery slowly like me? I'm at more than 30 hours but I barely poked around 4 areas only. Early location spoilers:
I've done the story business in Hateno and I'm now moving to the Zora's Domain.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I would agree. I still think it's really weird why they designed dodge to be as powerful and spammable as it is. It's necessary for some bosses but then why not tone it down and then adjust the bosses xD.

Would also say the game is not designed around having lock on. It's basically the crutch you give players so no matter what they can progress but I definitely felt like playing on hard having it deactivated helped forcing variety by making one more active into moment to moment combat.
Fair enough, but I don't know why you would go back to events three or four months ago when you could instead reference current or very recent examples...
Just wanted to let you know I definitely think you've been ridiculed unfairly. I hope it doesn't sour you too much. I definitely appreciated the way you voiced your opinion. L&R

I wish there was some sort of move list. It took me until the end of my first playthrough to realize you could follow-up after a dodge with a burst blast from your pod. That completely changed how I approached combat from that point on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom