• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

Any highlights from the stream? I only watched Bushido Blade and WWE (loved both), as well as most of the full cam stuff. Will come back later for the party games. Is there any audience for single player games on group streams??
Here Comes the Pain brought back a lot of good memories. I spent tens if not hundreds of hours making characters in that game. In fact the only reason I got into wrestling is because of these crazy robust character creation modes. It was only one upped in Soul Calibur V, which also happens to be my favorite fighting game series to play.

Shame about Rival Schools, really hope to see it streamed some time soon. Also would like to see more of Here Comes the Pain on stream. I would love for them to make characters before the stream and have a (blind) Royal Rumble full of those characters on stream where they pass the controller around for each elimination.

Hasney

Any highlights from the stream? I only watched Bushido Blade and WWE (loved both), as well as most of the full cam stuff. Will come back later for the party games. Is there any audience for single player games on group streams??
Here Comes the Pain brought back a lot of good memories. I spent tens if not hundreds of hours making characters in that game. In fact the only reason I got into wrestling is because of these crazy robust character creation modes. It was only one upped in Soul Calibur V, which also happens to be my favorite fighting game series to play.

Shame about Rival Schools, really hope to see it streamed some time soon. Also would like to see more of Here Comes the Pain on stream. I would love for them to make characters before the stream and have a (blind) Royal Rumble full of those characters on stream where they pass the controller around for each elimination.

Yeah, more wrasslin since they were having a blast with it. Also, Smackdown V Raw 2006 GM mode: Huber V Brad would be ace.

Vinc

I just saw the huge bump on Patreon and I'm so so happy! Hope it sticks above 40K during the end of month transition!

It's so crazy because I was joking about this just yesterday, but wow those Patreon numbers spiked up quickly. If there ever was a time for Bosman to consider doing a show under the EZA brand, now is certainly the time to discuss it with the Allies. Kyle has long wanted the studio to become an actual thing before he committed to his own show. I can't imagine a more perfect 50K goal.

emb

Checked out the concert. What a weird event to plan for this group. Was pretty cool though! All good showings. Ian and the band need to become a thing, they did a great job in particular.

AlucardGV

Banned
It's so crazy because I was joking about this just yesterday, but wow those Patreon numbers spiked up quickly. If there ever was a time for Bosman to consider doing a show under the EZA brand, now is certainly the time to discuss it with the Allies. Kyle has long wanted the studio to become an actual thing before he committed to his own show. I can't imagine a more perfect 50K goal.

iirc reaching 50k doesn't mean they'll get a studio because that's probably more expensive, it means they'll get serious about that. right now they spend all the patreon between the allies and the equip they need, without putting some of the funds aside. unless things has changed recently (of course i'm not in position of speaking of that, but that's what i recall from some months ago)

big fake

Omg the concert was just amazing. This is why I love the Allies so much. Jones singing was amazing, Damiani's story too. Wow just amazing stuff, I was getting emotional during Snake Eater!

ShaithEatery

Neo Member
So I upped my patreon amount from $50 to $200 because the prospect of playing some D&D with Ben and other allies is very exciting. Anyone have any insight as to how it works in terms of schedule/process? I'm sure I'll get an email about it after the payments go through, was just curious if anyone here has any feedback.

Nbz

MAN Jones' lounge singing segment was damn awesome and shoutout to the Pianist! Fantastic job, what a great idea!

Dang, It's been months since Bosman last released an episode and I was hoping a new thing from him was going to be announced yesterday. It 'ain't right' having no Bosman show on the Switch release and the run up to E3.

Nintendo pod and movie pod seem like smart ideas that i'm looking forward to. Don't Skip is a great idea as well. I'm a bad person so i haven't yet sunk enough time in a Souls game, but always interested to see a Retro on anything they produce.

Now that they are getting somewhat close to the 50k studio goal, I really think they need to hype up what that actually means. A lot has changed in the year since they wrote that goal and Jones' garage is looking more studio-ish everyday.

-more people working full time?
-more group streams (like RE 7 playthrough)?
-Shows they can't produce without a studio *cough, Bosman*?
-Easier to film/edit?
-does it make sense to rent out the space rather than renovating Jones'?

Excited to check out the concert later on today. Enjoyed the few hours of the stream I was able to watch and thrilled for the future.

Vinc

I'm actually kind of overwhelmed. The announcements are awesome, the EZA in concert event which I'm currently watching is just... perfect. And seeing their Patreon numbers go up feels great. This has been an awesome year, and the second one already looks even better. Thank you for everything, Allies! Awesome people, awesome content, and awesome community. <3

Vinc

I'm still thinking a bit about what Germany Efficiency said during the stream, very short speech but felt very meaningful.

Is there a direct link to that? I plan to watch the whole stream this weekend but I don't want to miss that part if I do something else at the same time!

So I upped my patreon amount from $50 to $200 because the prospect of playing some D&D with Ben and other allies is very exciting. Anyone have any insight as to how it works in terms of schedule/process? I'm sure I'll get an email about it after the payments go through, was just curious if anyone here has any feedback.
Ialmost did the same thing. I'd like to know more about it too. I do know it's a separate campaign but in the same world/universe as the one happening in TTA.

Ben if you're reading this could you go into more details,about the logistics. What is needed by the players? Camera? Mic? How often do they meet and for how long?

Is there a direct link to that? I plan to watch the whole stream this weekend but I don't want to miss that part if I do something else at the same time!

He gets there during Ultimate Chicken Horse but at the end when Sophia and Kristen are playing. He's there for a couple hours but I'll try and find a time reference for you.

Edit: Easier than I thought: On the Twitch VOD: 6:00:17

Vinc

He gets there during Ultimate Chicken Horse but at the end when Sophia and Kristen are playing. He's there for a couple hours but I'll try and find a time reference for you.

Edit: Easier than I thought: On the Twitch VOD: 6:00:17

Thanks a bunch! I'll check it out :D

Edit: That was really great, and I agree! Love & Respect for the whole community <3

El-Suave

"Don't skip" is a great idea and a wonderful name but the way they're produced put much more work on Jones's table and it might create a bottleneck. There is no difference to him from creating a full review and the only shortcut for the supplier is that he doesn't need to have finished the game. The way to escape this would be conversation style episodes but some people might complain about "low effort production" then.
If they can handle the extra work, it's great but my gut feeling tells me this might lead to problems.

Ultimadrago

Brandon fucking Jones
KuGsj.gif
. *clap* *clap*

Also the Fiasconauts scene they re-enacted is from one of the episodes I really enjoyed (The Wedding, I think?). I'm glad they chose it.

"Don't skip" is a great idea and a wonderful name but the way they're produced put much more work on Jones's table and it might create a bottleneck. There is no difference to him from creating a full review and the only shortcut for the supplier is that he doesn't need to have finished the game. The way to escape this would be conversation style episodes but some people might complain about "low effort production" then.
If they can handle the extra work, it's great but my gut feeling tells me this might lead to problems.

Yea I was thinking about that and had similar concerns. But this first one was edited by Ian which is rare for reviews. So if they can have Ian and/or don do more of the editing for these then that should help. Also since they're not reviews i think they could open it up and have others do the VO for the videos.

Also I just love LOVE that Ben is going to do one on Rocket Knight Adventures. Its one of the greatest games of all time but for whatever reason never got the noteriety the game deserved. I remember as a kid renting it and enjoying it, but it wasn't until a couple years ago I went back to it and finished it for the first time.

Holy cow the game is simply amazing from top to bottom. It looks beautiful and pulls off graphical tricks on the Genesis that look amazing even to this day (i.e. Lava effect). Music is charming and fun. But the real star of the game is its ADD like level/game mechanic design. During a level you encounter not just one cool new hook or mode or situation that most games would do for a level, or half a game. These fully fleshed out sequences are so polished and great, and then they always move on before it even gets a hint of wearing out their welcome. Each time you're left wanting more, but then excited at what new insane thing are they going to throw at you next. Platforming, shooter sequences, giant robot fights, creative interactions with the level's backgrounds, large scale battles, epic 1 on 1 duels. The game is jam packed with them all.

Its probably since it was released later and people were burned out on the "mascot" like games everyone started to milk after Sonic. But this one was a huge cut above the rest. One that easily qualifies for a Don't Skip

Vinc

Yea I was thinking about that and had similar concerns. But this first one was edited by Ian which is rare for reviews. So if they can have Ian and/or don do more of the editing for these then that should help. Also since they're not reviews i think they could open it up and have others do the VO for the videos.

Also I just love LOVE that Ben is going to do one on Rocket Knight Adventures. Its one of the greatest games of all time but for whatever reason never got the noteriety the game deserved. I remember as a kid renting it and enjoying it, but it wasn't until a couple years ago I went back to it and finished it for the first time.

Holy cow the game is simply amazing from top to bottom. It looks beautiful and pulls off graphical tricks on the Genesis that look amazing even to this day (i.e. Lava effect). Music is charming and fun. But the real star of the game is its ADD like level/game mechanic design. During a level you encounter not just one cool new hook or mode or situation that most games would do for a level, or half a game. These fully fleshed out sequences are so polished and great, and then they always move on before it even gets a hint of wearing out their welcome. Each time you're left wanting more, but then excited at what new insane thing are they going to throw at you next. Platforming, shooter sequences, giant robot fights, creative interactions with the level's backgrounds, large scale battles, epic 1 on 1 duels. The game is jam packed with them all.

Its probably since it was released later and people were burned out on the "mascot" like games everyone started to milk after Sonic. But this one was a huge cut above the rest. One that easily qualifies for a Don't Skip

If they're gonna do older games, I would freaking LOVE to get one from Kyle on DKC2. I've just been dying to see him play that game for years. I'm not even sure if he ever played it from beginning to end before, but I'd love to have his impressions on it. Either as a Don't Skip episode or in stream form.

mishakoz

Welcome. I play in the group. We kinda just email around until we can find a good time when everyone is available.

ShaithEatery

Neo Member
Welcome. I play in the group. We kinda just email around until we can find a good time when everyone is available.

Cool, I have a 9-5 Monday through Friday and an in-person D&D group that happens every Saturday evening, so I'm glad to hear that it's flexible. I look forward to it, much L&R!

Gigarator

Nice to see they finally rolled over the 100k subs mark on YouTube as well. I've missed the last few weeks of content through some serious health recovery I'm going through but I'll always support what they're doing. Keep it up everybody, congratulations on the first year and here's to many more.

Don't Skip is a great idea and excellent name.
IMO, no. At least not with stuff like this. You have the best VO guy in games journalism, let him do his thing.

Agree that it'd be good for EZA to find a way to balance/refine the editing process in favor of an increasingly steady release schedule , but I imagine they're all too aware of that.

Blood,

One idea I was thinking of. The reading of new patreon pledges and uppers was imo really successful and a good idea. I'm wondering if this might be something to work into the Tuesday group streams. Not something to dominate, but work it in like you did during the mega stream. It could get that twitch level shout outs but for the patreon and the tiers. Possibly even do the ones since the last group stream st the start. As I'm assuming over time it'll calm down.

Blood,

One idea I was thinking of. The reading of new patreon pledges and uppers was imo really successful and a good idea. I'm wondering if this might be something to work into the Tuesday group streams. Not something to dominate, but work it in like you did during the mega stream. It could get that twitch level shout outs but for the patreon and the tiers. Possibly even do the ones since the last group stream st the start. As I'm assuming over time it'll calm down.
Or make it a special thing once a month, like Tournament Week or something

I didn't know they were doing the telethon thing and was pleasantly surprised to see it when I popped into the stream. Nice to see it yield some solid results

LycanXIII

Blood,

Yeah, there's been like 10 new Patrons since I went so sleep last night, so maybe start the stream with the new ones, then finish with the ones that pledged during the stream? I'd give priority to those over the Twitch subs too.

Wiggy

Blood,

Seconded. I think patron shout outs are less annoying then twitch shout outs as its a reminder we're getting closer to the next goal, which everyone is excited about. Whereas new subs/resubs on twitch are just cool moments for that subber and the gang. Maybe Kyle should write a new patron song.

I hope they do a "pledge drive" every couple of months when their work backlog isn't too big, that would help them a lot I think.

The thing is, the studio goal has to be sustained. It's well and good reaching it, but do you really trust that those pledging would maintain their support? It seems to be a goal predicated on the most precarious of funding mechanisms.

Ultimadrago

I just finished the public podcast and needed to chime in to say Damiani really had welcomed words to say against the Twitter hatred regarding Mass Effect and regarding context with proper evaluation of trailers on an "All-Time" scale in on the latest Love & Respect podcast. Good on him.

Szeth

Great stream yesterday. I think we've learned that a lot of people (myself included) are willing to up pledges if there's enough incentive and a reasonable price. Using big events to add tiers and drum up excitement seems like a great idea going forward, because it sure as hell worked last night. When Blood said 42k dance party I thought he was dreamin', but it blew that away.

If they can keep steady and hover around where they are now, E3 seems like the most logical choice for the next big patreon push. I'd love to see them make a pilot episode of Trailer Jones to play during the E3 streams along with a $15 tier that gets you the show early, able to submit trailers etc. I know I'd go up again.

After being stagnant for so long, it feels like EZA finally got a second wind and proved that they still have room for growth. It's all very exciting. Just don't wait for anniversary #2 to be proactive again :p

Also, a small thing, but don't be afraid to plug the patreon a bit more. Frame Trap pulls in big numbers, why not have a short voice over about the patreon during the break? Same goes for Fiasconauts. Just a thought. L&R

Pygrus

Finished watching the live show. It was really good and I hope I can be in a position to go to the next one. Good on Ian for getting it out there so quick, like he said he would.

Also the Fiasconaughts and Tabletop skits we hilarious. My SO doesn't usually pay attention to EZA stuff, but she was cracking up with me during it.

HeavenlyE

I really enjoyed the watching the concert, if they do another I think it'd be cool if instead of reenacting scenes from DnD and fiasco they could improvise new scenes playing as their characters based on audience suggestions.

I guess a whose line is it anyway sorta thing

Bahorel

Great podcast but sad to see many of the YouTube comment reactions. Obviously as they grow we're going to see less people that care about love and respect and I'm going to miss that aspect of a tight knit community. And don't get me wrong it's wonderful that the allies are growing and getting so much more funding and content going, I just wish that we wouldn't have to see any toxicity come with it.

abrack08

Whole concert was great, the highlight for me was Kyle's Joey song. Dude is so creative/talented.

Shame he doesn't have his own show where he speaks on subjects he's passionate about then ends with creative/funny bits :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom