• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarRock

Does Jones knows about Keiichi Yano's new game?
Infinite Arms uses a similar mechanic: You buy a figure, which then pairs with your mobile device via Bluetooth to unlock the corresponding character in the game. However, it also differs in many ways: It’s mobile-only (although publisher Jumo is eyeing Apple TV and other devices) and it’s shooting for an older audience, with a Transformers-esque design that looks nothing like the cartoony Skylanders and Amiibos.

“Ever since 2011 and Skylanders there hasn’t been a lot of major progress,” says Jumo’s CEO Keiichi Yano. “At our office, we consider that ‘toys-to-life 1.0.'”

And the toys themselves are being designed by Yasuo Takahama, who was lead designer on the Tamagotchi digital pets and who, according to Yano, designs “30 to 40 percent of all the Transformers toys worldwide.” The action figures themselves won’t be of much use on their own; you’ve got to outfit them with weapons. At the demonstration I attended earlier this month, a whole array of crazy weapons, from swords to pikes to hand cannons to shoulder-mounted nukes, was splayed across the conference room table. You simply snap them on to the figures—one on each arm, and two on the back—to create a customized death-dealing hero.

Just saw the next Gundam build stream is scheduled for Friday May 19!

I'm happy to see another Friday building stream as I'll be able to watch it live (and finish my Gundam model)

Hasney

The Final Fantasy X talk followed up by the games they gave a second chance to has made me want to boot up Final Fantasy X tonight. I really didn't like it when it came out, the characters, story and everything coming off Final Fantasy IX was rough for me. But I was also an edgy teenager at that point.

Hell, if I like it, I might even give the Final Fantasy I truly disliked, (VIII) one more try.

The Final Fantasy X talk followed up by the games they gave a second chance to has made me want to boot up Final Fantasy X tonight. I really didn't like it when it came out, the characters, story and everything coming off Final Fantasy IX was rough for me. But I was also an edgy teenager at that point.

Hell, if I like it, I might even give the Final Fantasy I truly disliked, (VIII) one more try.

Oh man, the even FF are the only ones I truly like.

slash3584

Wasn't the Q&A of April supossed to be public this past weekend? Or maybe I confused it with the actual live Q&A?

SNIPING IN REAL LIFE

I almost spit out my coffee with that conversation.

Speaking of Huber, now I understand why he loves Yakuza 0 so much, It's such a jolly game.

Was playing a bit before and went from singing a dramatic love song in the karaoke to getting a 9mm gun in one of the prize machines in the street and using it to shoot some video game stealing teenager.

What an afternoon.

I 100% agree with damiani about open worlds being way too big and missing more focused and linear games. I think thats why i was so into uncharted 4 and resident evil 7.

Hasney

Tidus: "I need foooooodd"

God I want to punch him in his goddamn mouth... Breathe Hasney...

20 hours. I never made it that far last time and I even ended up giving XIII that courtesy.

Auctopus

During the Hottake, Huber starts saying "Yeah, like Rainbow Six: Siege, they..." before getting cut off. I wonder what he was going to say because the last time he mentioned the game, he said it had gone F2P (which was wrong) and now he's brought it up in the same breath as significantly overhauled games like Diablo 3 and Final Fantasy XIV.

Nothing significant has happened to Siege, it's not a game that has had a second chance or anything. It hasn't been rebooted. It got a second Season Pass? I'd like to have known where he was going with that. Does he play?

During the Hottake, Huber starts saying "Yeah, like Rainbow Six: Siege, they..." before getting cut off. I wonder what he was going to say because the last time he mentioned the game, he said it had gone F2P (which was wrong) and now he's brought it up in the same breath as significantly overhauled games like Diablo 3 and Final Fantasy XIV.

Nothing significant has happened to Siege, it's not a game that has had a second chance or anything. It hasn't been rebooted. It got a second Season Pass? I'd like to have known where he was going with that. Does he play?

Perhaps he's thinking of the userbase doubling launch? (and assumed that was due to post launch content/changes)

I do think significant changes have happened to Siege. It's not the broken mess it was at launch, it's just a mess now. :p

I think he was confused with the whole f2p thing. On Steam, Siege's price has dropped to $15. When that happened, I believe there was a free weekend for the game as well. That could be what Huber saw. Meanwhile, PS4 and Xbox versions of the game still go for almost full retail price.

Auctopus

Perhaps he's thinking of the userbase doubling launch? (and assumed that was due to post launch content/changes)

I do think significant changes have happened to Siege. It's not the broken mess it was at launch, it's just a mess now. :p

Yeah, the game has improved. But they were talking about overhauls, just wondering what he was thinking.

I think he was confused with the whole f2p thing. On Steam, Siege's price has dropped to $15. When that happened, I believe there was a free weekend for the game as well. That could be what Huber saw. Meanwhile, PS4 and Xbox versions of the game still go for almost full retail price.

Possibly, yeah. Damiani saying "oh yeah, you were saying...." intrigued me.

Dysun

Siege is a strange case, it came out to a muted launch during a busy holiday season but has steadily grown in popularity over time with free additional content added (unlocked with in-game currency). Seems like the misconception is that the game was overhauled in some way, when it really wasn't. It was just supported extremely well and for multiple years.

WarRock

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe totally has ad hoc multiplayer and supports up to 8 switches . Kyle needs better sources.
This reminds me nobody corrected then on the The World Ends With You situation. They asked if the US name had anything to do with the plot and yeah it does.

Damn, I can't mention that name without wanting to play it again.

Hasney

Can you be more specific?

I think he's talking about the first get wagging thing because it was in direct reference to the last Frame Trap when people just walked off. It sounded like he was more joking on Ben that he really liked that email rather than Kyle being too put off by the email.

Tankard

I think he's talking about the first get wagging thing because it was in direct reference to the last Frame Trap when people just walked off. It sounded like he was more joking on Ben that he really liked that email rather than Kyle being too put off by the email.

Ah ok, i didn't watch the latest Frame Trap yet, was this during e-mails?

Jeez.... I've been trying to get back to my backlog

Just hopped back into Nioh (which I loved before dropping for Horizon) and I'm just not feeling it at all. Also apparently they've adjusted my level since i last played? Lol

Will likely trade that and Persona in towards Prey (which I'm sure will not be as good as either but I have a need for that style of game)

Mista Koo

Ben regarding meaningless choices, some designers think that strong choices have intrinsic value and I tend to agree. Because let's face it most game choices are made based on the rewards rather than the choice itself. And when the options lead to branching paths a lot of people would go back to see what the other paths were, essentially undermining the choice.

Kyle is overselling how weird the GotG are meant to be. I'll give you that a snarky badass animal and tree man a bit out there for Hollywood, but a lovable goofball, an exotic martial artist chick, and savage monster man? Nah.

I have a question: is Damiani's silence a deliberate choice or was he always like this? I've only seen him do this recently. It feels like he doesn't wanna be there?

Bahorel

I heartily agreed with Ben at the end of Frame Trap. If you're going to cry spoiler when he's trying to simply give examples of what the game is like to describe it then you shouldn't be listening to podcasts about gaming news. If you want blackout stay blacked out.

Same for the people yelling at Jones for reading that Altus letter, that was honestly ridiculous. Atlus didn't even consider them spoilers.

Karu

These Battle Mode rules seem to suck especially if you can't customize much more. Doesnt help that Kyle and Ben declare they dont wanna battle ten minutes into the stream and would rather race lol *boooooh*

Edit: the tiebreaker Kinda proves that 1v1 is way cooler haha

ito007

This reminds me nobody corrected then on the The World Ends With You situation. They asked if the US name had anything to do with the plot and yeah it does.

Damn, I can't mention that name without wanting to play it again.
Huh, I don't remember this. I wish I had so I could have put in the correction because, yes, absolutely the name has something to do with the plot. From what I remember, the name is in reference to the essential theme of the game. Right?

Also, yeah I really want to replay it as well.

Mario007

Huh, I don't remember this. I wish I had so I could have put in the correction because, yes, absolutely the name has something to do with the plot. From what I remember, the name is in reference to the essential theme of the game. Right?

I put in the correction for the youtube video, Kyle skipped right past it and picked up on the correction of the Japanese name.

C-3v-8_WsAAJjwE.jpg

I have a question: is Damiani's silence a deliberate choice or was he always like this? I've only seen him do this recently. It feels like he doesn't wanna be there?

It's pretty ridiculous, 3+ hours of discussion and he only engages when Nintendo or Final Fantasy are being talked about.
I don't want to throw Ben under the bus, but as host & moderator he could push him more rather than just having him stewing at the end of the table cracking his neck and looking bored.

karasu

I just did a marathon run of Tabletop Escapades. Hilarious show. Especially Law & Pomper. Now that I'm all caught up I want another D&Dshow to watch.

Mista Koo

It's pretty ridiculous, 3+ hours of discussion and he only engages when Nintendo or Final Fantasy are being talked about.
I don't want to throw Ben under the bus, but as host & moderator he could push him more rather than just having him stewing at the end of the table cracking his neck and looking bored.
I think Ben was trying, but asking a panelist for his take often shouldn't be the host's job on such a long and free form podcast.

Maiar_m

Yep. Kyle is not a fan of being called irrational lol

...despite Kyle's notion of rationality being entirely self-contained and perpetually adjusting to his own contextual needs. Which is part of what makes his takes on videogame unique and interesting.

WarRock

Yeah, (huge ass spoiler about the identity of one character because I can't remember his actual name)
there is a whole dialogue at the cafe with CAT saying to Neku to connect with other people and he goes on to explain that "the world ends with you" - so expand your views, push your boundaries etc. The game starts with Neku completely isolating himself every day and the title "The World Ends With You" and ends with him throwing away his phones (the symbol and tool of his isolation) and the title card "The World Begins With You".

_Ryo_

Anyone know when TTE is going up on Youtube?

Yep. Kyle is not a fan of being called irrational lol

Is it irrational to not like poetry? I felt kinda weird when I heard him mention that before as poetry is such a diverse and expansive medium thats even hard to distinguish from literature as a whole.

Here is one definition of poerty

Any communication resembling poetry in beauty or the evocation of feeling

Like novels can be poetry, a single paragraph can be poetry. Song lyrics are objectively a type of poetry. Stages plays are poetry. Thats not even to get into the deeper stuff like comparing the traditional types such as limmericks, sonnets,Etc. Etc. It just seems strange to say you dont like poetry in general.

Like, I can understand not liking types of poetry but not not liking it as a whole.

Auctopus

For some reason, I always have buffering/streaming issues when watching VODs of Kyle's streams on Youtube. It's not to do with length 'cause I can do FT just fine but BvW and DGM always seem to run for about 4 minutes before I have to reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom