• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlodril

Are you talking about the Patron RSS feed? The file was too large to upload to Patreon, so you have to get it through the normal Frame Trap feed. The Patreon feed is largely for early access episodes anyways, and Frame Trap doesn't have early access.

So is there no way to have every podcast on the podcast app or do i need to add another link? (sorry again i have no idea about podcasts).

Mikey Jr.

You know, It'd be nice not to have Jones as a regular anymore. No offense against Jones, just have 3 randoms might be a good change of pace, including Jones in there once in a while.

UrbanRats

You know, It'd be nice not to have Jones as a regular anymore. No offense against Jones, just have 3 randoms might be a good change of pace, including Jones in there once in a while.

I vote against!
Jones has the ability to eviscerate any topic, and do it both eloquently and quickly.
I think he's the best asset of the podcast, tbh.

I think I want to sometime soon try to match up the voices of the Allies to their faces since I haven't watched any of their video content before and just realized that I assumed Blood was Ben Moore.

Bahorel

I think I want to sometime soon try to match up the voices of the Allies to their faces since I haven't watched any of their video content before and just realized that I assumed Blood was Ben Moore.

Omg this is fascinating to me. I wish you could like make a chart of their pictures and who you think each one is before you find out

Is this everyone that appears on the EZA podcast?

Easy-Allies.jpg

If so I'll draw over the image with the names later.

Budi

Is this everyone that appears on the EZA podcast?

Not quite, one is missing. I think this was made by a Gaffer and posted here earlier, it has all of them. Don in the middle doesn't participate in Podcasts though. Hopefully the descriptions don't tip you off =P

Uf8ZOWI.jpg

Edit: Seems like most of the faces are cut from that picture =D

Edit 2: Changed the picture to be spoiler free. Also covered Don and it didn't feel right!

Auctopus

That image of all them all sitting down is the least Easy Allies picture of the Allies. I'm not quite sure why but each pose isn't representative of any of them, ahah

Bahorel

Not quite, one is missing. I think this was made by a Gaffer and posted here earlier, it has all of them. Don in the middle doesn't participate in Podcasts though. Hopefully the descriptions don't tip you off =P

Edit: Seems like most of the faces are cut from that picture =D

This image is a spoiler let's be real. Don't look at the alignments!

Mista Koo

That image of all them all sitting down is the least Easy Allies picture of the Allies. I'm not quite sure why but each pose isn't representative of any of them, ahah
Ian is Ian. Also smug Blood :p

I don't think I've ever seen this photo before though, even though I've seen the alignment chart.

Budi

This image is a spoiler let's be real. Don't look at the alignments!

Yeah, could have done a quick edit to cover those myself. Might be too late now. It's just the only picture I could find where they are all featured.

Edit: And I did! Hopefully they didn't get to read those aligments yet.

Bahorel

Yeah, could have done a quick edit to cover those myself. Might be too late now. It's just the only picture I could find where they are all featured.

Edit: And I did! Hopefully they didn't get to read those aligments yet.

Got rid of it in my post too XD

Ok, here we go:

fk6ppgK.jpg

In terms of my confidence, before I realized I was totally off about Ben Moore (which inspired this experiment) I was absolutely certain he was Blood. Blood looks like the reserved Japanese game lover. That isn't an insult, Ben's taste of games is 70% of the reason I love EZA in my few months listening. Likewise whoever that is at the bottom left I would have assumed is Blood because of his deeper, silky radio voice.

I picked that Ally for Ian because he also seems like he'd be more on the timid side.

If you told me I got Huber and Jones backwards I would believe that. Obviously they look the most alike out of the Allies.

My final name assignment (thus the one I was the least sure about) is Brad. I had to listen to a recent introduction segment of the EZA podcast to know who I was missing and his goofiness there makes me think I could have a decent fit.

This is all wrong isn't it?

Edit: Sorry if the write up could have been more elaborate. I have done all of this at work XD

So is there no way to have every podcast on the podcast app or do i need to add another link? (sorry again i have no idea about podcasts).

I'm not sure what app you're using. If you're on the standard iTunes or Google stores, you should be able to just search for Frame Trap and the other shows individually. I think you can also find the RSS from the SoundCloud pages for those shows to add it manually.

Bahorel

Ok, here we go:

fk6ppgK.jpg

In terms of my confidence, before I realized I was totally off about Ben Moore (which inspired this experiment) I was absolutely certain he was Blood. Blood looks like the reserved Japanese game lover. That isn't an insult, Ben's taste of games is 70% of the reason I love EZA in my few months listening. Likewise whoever that is at the bottom left I would have assumed is Blood because of his voice.

I picked that Ally for Ian because he also seems like he'd be more on the timid side.

If you told me I got Huber and Jones backwards I would believe that. Obviously they look the most alike out of the Allies.

My final name assignment (thus the one I was the least sure about) is Brad. I had to listen to a recent introduction segment of the EZA podcast to know who I was missing and his goofiness there makes me think I could have a decent fit.

Edit: Sorry if the write up could have been more elaborate. I have done all of this at work XD

I LOVE THIS

Blood please make sure the other allies see this chart

Budi

Ok, here we go:

In terms of my confidence, before I realized I was totally off about Ben Moore (which inspired this experiment) I was absolutely certain he was Blood. Blood looks like the reserved Japanese game lover. That isn't an insult, Ben's taste of games is 70% of the reason I love EZA in my few months listening. Likewise whoever that is at the bottom left I would have assumed is Blood because of his voice.

Thanks for the chuckle! =D I've always watched them on video, didn't follow Invisible Walls at GT when it was just audio so there never was similar situation with me discovering the faces. Now I kinda wish there was.

Auctopus

Out of interest, were you matching the faces to voices/things the Allies had said? Or the other way around?

For example, were you thinking, that man that emphasises his words heavily when he brings up any game mechanic like "REGENERATIVE. HEALTH." must be Brandon Jones?

Ultimadrago

I enjoyed this Zelda: Breath of the Wild Spoiler Talk. Damiani's fiery rants over Zelda rile up to a point where feel he's going to flip over something sometimes. It's great! The discussion was fun and hearing more of Damiani's perspective/preference regarding it was engaging. However, I don't think they actually completed their roll call at the beginning? That should be organized and completed every time, even after a few laughs.

Brad didn't interject much (as usual), but for this particular panel it was slightly less of an issue because of so many other voices contributing. I don't wag my finger much towards Brad about it in general because I honestly don't feel like he ever has too much to add.

Generally speaking, not for this discussion, I'm more concerned with Damiani because I really like when he decides to pound on something (like he does here) and usually has more to discuss than I think he let's on. On Brad, it was still disappointing that he seemed to be quite direct about not enjoying the game's narrative, like me, but didn't expand on his position.

I don't mind the free-form structure that they went with for this. It's my first Spoiler Talk, so I'm not sure if it's usually more organized. I simply wish Damiani or anyone encouraged Brad to jump in on specific thoughts more throughout the conversation. Brad's also a known Zelda fan, so I'm sure there was more input there. He does get something to go off of around the 1:25:00 mark and a few brief moments prior.

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce!

Out of interest, were you matching the faces to voices/things the Allies had said? Or the other way around?

For example, were you thinking, that man that emphasises his words heavily when he brings up any game mechanic like "REGENERATIVE. HEALTH." must be Brandon Jones?

I basically went down a list of the names I knew and thought back to how their voices sounded (and partly their personality) and scanned the image that Budi provided me for which I thought fit best there.

I played the beginning of several EZA and FT episodes to find everyone introducing themselves since another problem I have is I can hear a voice every week and not even know which of the Allies that is by name. Because I didn't necessarily remember Brad (I have only listened to the podcasts since February or so), he was the last one I reached and at the point only the dude in the bottom middle was left.

It is hard with hindsight but even if I didn't know Bosman already I feel like I would have gotten him right.

Edit: Huber was tough in a way because once he gets into that voice I almost feel like I can't picture any of those people talking like that. I love that about him.

Yeah, this would be ideal for me too. Have Bosman as the only regular and switch up the other three spots every week.

ShadyK54

Ok, here we go:

fk6ppgK.jpg

In terms of my confidence, before I realized I was totally off about Ben Moore (which inspired this experiment) I was absolutely certain he was Blood. Blood looks like the reserved Japanese game lover. That isn't an insult, Ben's taste of games is 70% of the reason I love EZA in my few months listening. Likewise whoever that is at the bottom left I would have assumed is Blood because of his deeper, silky radio voice.

This is too good lmao.

Looking at this pic, I'm trying to match the voice with the corresponding Ally, & im having a hard time imagining them with the different voices and personalities lol.

Ok, here we go:

fk6ppgK.jpg

This is good. This is damn good.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Lol that's hilarious Dangansona.
Makes me wonder how weird it would be to have Allies dub over each other to everyone that has watched not just listened to them for a while for some nonsense video.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Hehe that's not weird but just awesome though. I hope they do it again as it was brought up in the last Q&A I think. Ian seemed to have a lot of fun ideas.
I was more referring weird in the sense of getting reality whiplash cause things wouldn't fit in my head.

A bit like hearing the Japanese voice for Goku after you've been used to the super deep voice from other language versions.

I was going to say if anyone could match Hubers voice it would have been Bosman. I wish I hadn't seen Final Bosman a couple of times before the experiment lol.

Edit: You have my permission to use my chart for the next OT and confuse everyone.

Edit 2: Absolute final comment from me. Real life Brandon Jones is a little bit too pretty for his voice. I expected more of a Jeff Canata. That's why i ultimately gave his face to Huber.

Servbot24

Banned
I was going to say if anyone could match Hubers voice it would have been Bosman. I wish I hadn't seen Final Bosman a couple of times before the experiment lol.

Edit: You have my permission to use my chart for the next OT and confuse everyone.

Edit 2: Absolute final comment from me. Real life Brandon Jones is a little bit too pretty for his voice. I expected more of a Jeff Canata. That's why i ultimately gave his face to Huber.

Easy Allies review: The lead character is too pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom