• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huber always cracks me up. Them talking about Friday the 13th and him getting all excited about death scenes in the movies. "It was a good throw (into the TV)! Check it out, part 7!"

Arkain

Starting to get overwhelmed in Persona 5.... work on confidant relationships, raise social stats, work to earn money.... so hard to decide what to do.

What's the best way to up my guts? I keep getting blocked off from doing stuff because my guts aren't good enough.

Most time-efficient ways are doing the Death confidant or getting coffee at the diner. You increase your guts, while working on other things.
The best way to raise guts quickly is doing the Big Bang Burger Challenge, but your social stats need to be high to succeed. You still get guts if you fail though. Alternatively, watch a DVD or movie that grants Guts, those give a lot of Guts points too. And carry a book that gives Guts with you for when you get a chance to read on the train.

Ashtar

So I'm still confused is frane trap supposed to be on the early access feed or not? Last week it wasn't but this week it is

Budi

That short Twin Peaks talk on Frame Trap was much appreciated.

Hoping for Star Trek group stream.

Maybe it's too early for this. But would love to hear the hopes, expectations and fears from the crew about the upcoming Netflix Witcher series. Blood, Ben and Huber would be great panel for this I think. Maybe Brandon too.

Ooh, Huber is already working on the ARMS review. They should hit embargo!
And I'm guessing Ben is reviewing Tekken 7.

I was somewhat interested in Arms and then saw the only single player content it has is a simple arcade mode. With me already owning Injustice 2, getting tekken 7 and will get GG Xrd Rev 2 they need to,bring more than that to get me interested. Too many other fighters showing up at the same time with more interesting gameplay and content

Hasney

Content I'll agree with you, but after the testpunch, I don't think any fighting game is as interesting as ARMS gameplay wise. Injustice 2's dial-a-juggle combos are too long and boring which is why I have the AI fight for me. Same with Tekken really, the overly long juggles do bore me (although I'd get it if it had the scrolling brawler again).

Still, the ARMS throw meta needs work. Because throwing is so good, some people were just not throwing a punch and waiting on a counter opportunity to throw.

Maiar_m

And I'm guessing Ben is reviewing Tekken 7.

I was somewhat interested in Arms and then saw the only single player content it has is a simple arcade mode. With me already owning Injustice 2, getting tekken 7 and will get GG Xrd Rev 2 they need to,bring more than that to get me interested. Too many other fighters showing up at the same time with more interesting gameplay and content

It's got what looks like a campaign with bosses and so on, as well as what looks like minigames (hoops, v-ball, hit the targets) and various arcade modes? Or am I imagining things?

Hasney

It's got what looks like a campaign with bosses and so on, as well as what looks like minigames (hoops, v-ball, hit the targets) and various arcade modes? Or am I imagining things?

Don't think I've seen a full campaign, just a basic arcade mode. Minigames look cool though, although vball was trash in the test.

Maiar_m

Don't think I've seen a full campaign, just a basic arcade mode. Minigames look cool though, although vball was trash in the test.

I'm drawing the campaign conclusion from the trailer, it seemed to include scnearized scenettes with boss characters and so on, but that may have been a hasty conclusion. I didn't like V-Ball (and sucked at it) either. I did suck at all the others modes but enjoyed them!

farisr

There's a story mode that focuses on the Mishima storyline (including story beats from the past games) with bosses, and minigames sprinkled in between. And then there are also character specific "episodes" (that are really short)

Edit: nvm.

Hasney

There's a story mode that focuses on the Mishima storyline (including story beats from the past games) with bosses, and minigames sprinkled in between. And then there are also character specific "episodes" (that are really short)

Tekken totally has them, we're talking ARMS ;)

Karu

The FTL stream was really cool. In the beginning it was a bit hectic with chat and Damiani playing pompous ship admiral :D, but the later half especially was awesome. Kyle was also really into it: "We should play this, it is probably so much cooler than Star Trek" *heavy paraphrasing going on* :D

Auctopus

My boss knows how much I enjoy E3 but we're both super busy this year. Thankfully, we've moved stuff around and I've got the morning off on the 13th so I can stay up for the 3am Sony Conference this year.

Can't wait.

emb

They are putting time stamps in the description now. It is at 02:02:19.
The time stamps in the descriptions for this and the podcast are so useful. So many times they'll get to a game or topic I'm not into, or they'll talk about a game I'm currently playing and don't want spoilers (in a broad sense) for. Huge props to them for taking the time to list those out!

Budi

My boss knows how much I enjoy E3 but we're both super busy this year. Thankfully, we've moved stuff around and I've got the morning off on the 13th so I can stay up for the 3am Sony Conference this year.

Can't wait.

I'll use a vacation week for E3 too. Just had to be early with negotiating it. I live in Finland so most of the stuff is airing in very unfortunate times. Need stay awake till the morning.

The time stamps in the descriptions for this and the podcast are so useful. So many times they'll get to a game or topic I'm not into, or they'll talk about a game I'm currently playing and don't want spoilers (in a broad sense) for. Huge props to them for taking the time to list those out!

I almost never use them. Made an exception for the new Frame trap, since I was just so tired. I wanted to get to the "good" stuff to keep me awake =) And then I felt bad when Hottake started, since I was skipping discussions about games I don't have experience with or even so much interest to try those out myself. But I greatly value wide knowledge about gaming, or any hobby people are supposed to be enthuasiastic about. It gives so much perspective, even on the things not strictly related to what people personally enjoy. So often people say things in discussions that aren't really true, they might be pushing a false narrative unknowingly. They don't consider they might not know, but still state things as a fact without doing a quick research first.

Excellent topic Ben. Loved to hear the panel's and your take on it. Kyle's point about certain PC games being really popular in Europe was really good one. Neogaf is US majority site too, I've assumed and it always blows my mind how much PC:s difficulty is overstated here. We were learning to use computers in elementary schools back in the early 90's, we played educational games on those and practised the basic use. Using a PC is very natural here, so the barrier for PC gaming is really REALLY low. Also machines like C64 and Amiga 500 were quite a big deal, I tinkered with those too alongside my NES. Our longest running gaming magazine, also the best (25 years and still going!) didn't cover consoles before maybe midway of the PS1 lifecycle. Even then it started as additional much shorter journal and the focus was still on computers. Until those merged, cant remember when. We did have Nintendo magazine and later on Super Power for console coverage. But those didn't endure the test of time.

For professionals in gaming media, I think it's very important to have a wide knowledge. Since they shouldn't atleast be spreading misinformation. I appreciate the corrections in the main podcast though. EZA also does decent job informing the viewer/listener when they are out of their depth. We shouldn't get reviews like the infamous IGN Football Manager. Where the reviewer didn't understand that it was a management sim, not an arcade football game. The advantage with EZA is size of the group, there's almost always someone who is up to the task and has some knowledge on the field if not expertise.

Not to say that there wouldn't be value in reviews from people outside their comfort zone, there is. It can even encourage readers in similar situation to give the game a chance, when the review isn't filled with in depth and technical impressions that go way over the readers head. But they should still know what they are reviewing and understand the logic behind the main design.

Bahorel

I'll be watching the Monday conferences at work by streaming it on my phone and hiding the phone right beneath the computer monitor at my desk....lucky that half of them are on Sunday first

sora87

Must remember to not drink too much this E3, i was pretty hammered by the time Sony's conference started last year 🙄

Mista Koo

I only take time off when we do group viewings, not this year unfortunately.

Also having each conference on a different day makes it harder. I'll just keep the spoiler free thread open.

Hasney

I only take time off when we do group viewings, not this year unfortunately.

Also having each conference on a different day makes it harder. I'll just keep the spoiler free thread open.

If there is on. Volotaire says he can't do it this year so someone has to pick it up.

Loved the Fire Emblem gushing on FT. Game is so good. The maps might not be as clever as the other recent games(and so many ship battles), but everything else is top tier. Wish it was on Switch too so more people can ejoy, seen way too many people saying they're skipping because they can't/won't go back to 3DS.

Budi

Having just 2 people as a guest worked great in Frame Trap. I don't mind 3 either, but this way people felt more involved. Glad that it didn't affect the lenght. Good on Huber for pushing one question more!

Ray Down

Banned
Twin Peaks really goes off the deep end it seems in the middle of season 2.

Watching it now, hopefully it doesn't really sour the show.

Or be as bad as other terrible season 2 of shows I watch like Korra.

Twin Peaks really goes off the deep end it seems in the middle of season 2.

Watching it now, hopefully it doesn't really sour the show.

Or be as bad as other terrible season 2 of shows I watch like Korra.
Skip it, watch the final episode or two and read up on it if something is confusing

I've seen so many people say how it's worth it, it isn't.

Season 3 however, whew

Seriously though, there's no reason to waste 10+ hours on something you aren't enjoying.

Ray Down

Banned
When during season 2 does it drop off though?

I know they "solve" it but does it drop off right after. Season 2 already introduce weird elements like the magic kid, the amnesia and aliens.

When during season 2 does it drop off though?

I know they "solve" it but does it drop off right after. Season 2 already introduce weird elements like the magic kid, the amnesia and aliens.
That's exactly the point it drops. I think I made it like 2 more episodes after and bailed

Everything up to and including them "solving" it is magic

Hasney

CLRxpsvUYAATupW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom