• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamc723

Bloodworth has disagreed with that multiple times with the stats he sees on YouTube.

I was on the fence about Rime and it just convinced me that I need it so it worked for me? And what Budi said, it's still got its Nintendo release coming up

I don't know if I'll do PS4 or switch tho. I would like to wait and see if switch has any porting problems

Also Jones has mentioned multiple times he likes to have a library of reviews for the people that don't go out and buy games day one, which is a category I certainly fall into and many others do too. When I first found Gametrailers I was two years late to the Wii and watched all of their Wii reviews to find out what I wanted to buy

You understand that a lot of people don't play games on day one right? A lot of people are buying games in sales.
I don't see a problem with them publishing reviews after the game came out. People are searching for reviews of older games all the time. Also I like to hear what EZA thinks about the game.

I was going to get Rime day one from when it was first announced, but after Sony dropping them and because it take so long before the game came out, I was afraid it would be a mediocre game. So I didn't pre-order it (with 10% or 20% off on PSN). Now I am waiting until they have a sale (I am sure it is worth full price, but I am not going to pay more then what I should have payed for it in pre-order). But it looks fantastic (like I hoped it would, I just didn't want to be burned by it).

What? lol

I haven't played or seen anything Rime but when I do, I want it to be EZA's review.

Their review literally made me want to go buy the game this weekend.

I disagree with you. Other fans disagree with you. EZA themselves disagree with you. The Rime review didn't take the place of another review or anything else. So what's the point in complaining?

It isn't "wasting time." More content is better than less content. Always.

I think their time would be better spent in other places than reviewing a 2 month old game.

Ben has also said in this very thread that it's something they've been trying to work on. Clearly not so much.

Budi

I think their time would be better spent in other places than reviewing a 2 month old game.

Ben has also said in this very thread that it's something they've been trying to work on. Clearly not so much.
I think their time would be better spent doing something else than talking about anime and building gundams. But you know what, plenty of people seem to enjoy that so why take it away just because it doesn't personally interest me. You really haven't explained why 2 month late review is waste of their time, it might be for you but that doesn't matter at all. And just because they try to work hard for earlier reviews, doesn't change the fact that they will also release late reviews. Late review is better than no review at all.

I understand wishing for certain content and coverage, giving ideas how to improve. But I don't understand when people ask them to stop doing something entirely. I understand wishing for earlier reviews, I'd like that too. But when that isn't possible, then do it late if you want to.

Hasney

Or they actually had no plans to review it, but Damiani loved it so much he decided to. So nothing to work on, just some additional content because one of them was moved to write something and we all benefit.

I disagree. And guess what It's not just about you. Everyone has things they would like them to do but I'm not going to go around and tell them what would be "time better spent"

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Their review literally made me want to go buy the game this weekend.

I second this. My criteria for reviews is quality, not timeliness. My backlog is more than large enough for me to not have to care about every new game immediately when it comes out. I watch reviews when I want to decide what to play next, not necessarily when a new game comes out.

Yeah, enough people have chipped in, but statistically a "late" review is a "better use of our time" than most other things we could be doing.

Mista Koo

A bit late, but yes SMG2 is a lot worse than 1. Mainly it's the presentation. The original nailed that part so well that selling a well made expansion pack as a sequel just couldn't cut for me.
In fact I wanted to hate that game so bad that I collected enough stars to beat Bowser and stopped playing because I realized that I still wanted to hate the game despite enjoying it so much lol.

EZA is definitely not mass appeal. That's the whole point they do what they want and cater to their niche audience. Look at the streams they've done in the past month. They're not streaming new AAA games. They're not streaming OW or PUBG or League. They don't have any real hype for the D2 beta. That stuff is mass appeal. Building Gundams, streaming old games, JRPGs Tetris every week etc. That content is very obviously not mass appeal.

And there's nothing wrong with that they've settled on what they want to be and it's clearly working for them.
They are still mass appeal. Mass appeal doesn't mean optimize for search engines :p
Yes they do niche stuff e.g. building Gundams but that's not the majority of what they do.

Oh okay, now I can understand why you avoided them. I thought you were American. Still, I think you can do a lot better than FFXV if you really haven't played any JRPGs before. FFXII: The Zodiac Age just came out and I'd recommend it over XV any day of the week.
I'm fascinated by XII's battle system, but if I'm playing a Final Fantasy I'd rather play one with Nomura's designs *runs away*

I'm fascinated by XII's battle system, but if I'm playing a Final Fantasy I'd rather play one with Nomura's designs *runs away*

Damn it, man. What about the FFVII PS4 port? They cleaned up the old 3D graphics enormously and 2x speed makes it very quick and convenient.

Anyways, that D23 panel was bad. No new Spider-Man or Battlefront 2 footage, their AR/VR games looked like absolute garbage (plus the VR game is Oculus exclusive) and the hosts were bad. I have nothing against youtubers/streamers but the recent gimmick of hiring them to host conferences is terrible. Their jokes may get a chuckle during their streams but that doesn't make them comedians, they're completely out of their element.

The saving grace was Kingdom Hearts 3, though even that Disney tried to ruin with their cocaine fuelled army men. The Toy Story world looked amazing and the weapons looked insane. Now all I gotta do is play through the entire series to catch up...

Hasney

Damn it, man. What about the FFVII PS4 port? They cleaned up the old 3D graphics enormously and 2x speed makes it very quick and convenient.

Anyways, that D23 panel was bad. No new Spider-Man or Battlefront 2 footage, their AR/VR games looked like absolute garbage (plus the VR game is Oculus exclusive) and the hosts were bad. I have nothing against youtubers/streamers but the recent gimmick of hiring them to host conferences is terrible. Their jokes may get a chuckle during their streams but that doesn't make them comedians, they're completely out of their element.

The saving grace was Kingdom Hearts 3, though even that Disney tried to ruin with their cocaine fuelled army men. The Toy Story world looked amazing and the weapons looked insane. Now all I gotta do is play through the entire series to catch up...

The only streamer that could also present at E3 was the girl on the PC Gaming Show. Can't remember her name, but she did a good job. So there's 1 in every 100 clearly!

The Toy Story world looked great. But as soon as the organization XIII dude showed up near the end, I groaned and it killed most of my excitement.

God, the KH story is so dumb and nonsensical.

Dmax3901

Watching Huber Syndrome makes me realize not only have I not played Mario Galaxy 2 but I don't even think I've seen what it looks like. I didn't even finish Galaxy. I feel I've missed out

This is criminal, play one or both of them asap! I'm replaying 2 on Dolphin for the first time in years and my god it takes the formula of 1 to a whole other level.

I may be flogging a dead horse here, but I like how you completely ignored all the evidence people posted suggesting that posting late reviews isn't a waste of the Allies' time and just reiterated your opinion which appears to be based on nothing.

I think maybe you underestimate how much time goes into churning out a review.

To the initial point, I'm happy to have the Rime review. I'm waiting to see how the Switch release is before picking it up, so it's way ahead of schedule for me. :p

shugdaddy

Neo Member
Just want to mention though that Ian has mentioned wanting to stream PUBG and I want it so bad

I want him to make a squad with Huber and Brad and Kyle (or Don) and do a long form Easy Updare where is it Ian
There was an easy update with ben where they played it. Could be a lot of fun with a few of them squaded up.

Mista Koo

I mean the reason FFXV looks inviting is because it seems accessible. I've heard everything people said about the story, I won't be playing because I'm expecting a good story or a great game. Also if it works out I might make my way through older Final Fantasies.

As for FFVII I'd rather wait for the remake :3

Ultimadrago

Latest Reaction Shots, eeeh, the show is still a little too sloppy for my liking (while I'm still getting something out of it). I watched Pan's Labyrinth in anticipation for the discussion and then they proceeded to hardly talk about it whatsoever. They did go into practical effects, but mostly on a haphazard level that I'd imagine from people that didn't really prepare for the podcast. I am all for "Fast and Loose" approaches to podcasts, but it can go too far at times. A.J. was a sociable guest that has a nice chemistry with Ian. Poor organization aside, he was a good presence on the panel.

Hoping the next Reaction Shots can keep light-hearted conversation while staying on-topic, while being more intimate with speaking points and directly answering Patron questions.

Tankard

Latest Reaction Shots, eeeh, the show is still a little too sloppy for my liking (while I'm still getting something out of it). I watched Pan's Labyrinth in anticipation for the discussion and then they proceeded to hardly talk about it whatsoever. They did go into practical effects, but mostly on a haphazard level that I'd imagine from people that didn't really prepare for the podcast. I am all for "Fast and Loose" approaches to podcasts, but it can go too far at times. A.J. was a sociable guest that has a nice chemistry with Ian. Poor organization aside, he was a good presence on the panel.

Hoping the next Reaction Shots can keep light-hearted conversation while staying on-topic, while being more intimate with speaking points and directly answering Patron questions.

I like the show, but i don't think this is going far anyway, i think people just wanna see them talk about movies/series they watched/have been watching, new films, reactions etc. What they are doing sounds like a good idea, but no one will watch, i don't even think last couple of videos got to 5k views yet.

Bahorel

They received so much ciriticism about it being too analytical before that Ian is trying to make it digestible to people who weren't interested in a classroom type podcast, which is probably what you're noticing ?

Mista Koo

Wow, I missed this! I'm glad Don was able to speak to a developer of interest to him. Even though it probably wouldn't be a review, I'd love to hear his full impressions on Yoku's Express post-release.
They should have a special annual podcast that is just Don. Maybe with a host prodding him.

They should have a special annual podcast that is just Don. Maybe with a host prodding him.

Ok, here an idea of a new show: Don's Diner.

It's a monthly update about Don's activity. Duration and format: 25 minutes of Don's time going from/to work/home. One of the other allies in turn gets to meet Don at a diner of Don's choice (I don't know, Don gives me the idea of being very peculiar about his diners), sit in front of their order and ask him random questions about his current interests, life events, or anedctodes. Bonus if there's an arcade/pinball hall around the corner.

Don is the spotlight of the show but the interviewer is a rotating chair to allow different perspectives in the complex mind and life of the Casanova. Damiani will ask him about all the Genesis games he didn't get to play, while Ian will discuss movies and editing stuff, etc...

15mins every month, let the legend live...

Bahorel

It's a monthly update about Don's activity. Duration and format: 25 minutes of Don's time going from/to work/home. One of the other allies in turn gets to meet Don at a diner of Don's choice (I don't know, Don gives me the idea of being very peculiar about his diners), sit in front of their order and ask him random questions about his current interests, life events, or anedctodes. Bonus if there's an arcade/pinball hall around the corner.

Don is the spotlight of the show but the interviewer is a rotating chair to allow different perspectives in the complex mind and life of the Casanova. Damiani will ask him about all the Genesis games he didn't get to play, while Ian will discuss movies and editing stuff, etc...

15mins every month, let the legend live...

This sounds amazing. I would also like details about what they order at the diner

Your icon plus post makes me also want a Don LA Noire stream with Don rping detective. Want bad. Filtered black and white face cam

abrack08

So I'm sure we don't want the thread to veer down this route too much, but... A little disheartening to see someone you respected throw out "SJWs" non-ironically.

zWhqIjW.png

Budi

So I'm sure we don't want the thread to veer down this route too much, but... A little disheartening to see someone you respected throw out "SJWs" non-ironically.
Hmmm, I absolutely get what you are saying, that's not a good look. Though Blair doesn't seem outraged because of the new Doctor Who is a woman, which this comment is referring to. He seems open minded about it. I understand and agree with his comment about preferring creation of new characters (we absolutely still need more women lead franchises) rather than changing already established characters. Like instead of changing Link to a woman give Zelda her own game or make her playable in the franchise. He is hardly acting like a raging bigot, but throwing out a comment like that is concerning. But reading the other comments (and knowing him from GT), I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edit: Also while I'm not very familiar with Doctor Who, them being a woman isn't that big of a stretch. Since apparently in the stories Doctor Who incarnates to new body and personality, no reason it couldn't be woman. I guess Blair thinks so too since he jumps to talk about female Bond rather than complaining about the casting.

Niiice they finally uploaded the reaction shot audio commentary for pans labyrinth.

I loved the one they did with mad max fury road. Will need to rewatch pans labyrinth with their audio track. My favorite thing out of reaction shots

And next months Who framed roger rabbit will be awesome.

Kneefoil

I wouldn't think too much of it. SJW is an easy shorthand for people that think a certain way. It makes more sense to use on Twitter with the 140 character limit they have.

Wow at that Matt Blair comments. Always thought of him as someone who liked to be the contrarian, maybe too much for his own good. I guess nowadays this means to throw around the sjw word.
EDIT: I initially wrote "denounce the liberal/feminazi/sjw conspiracy". Sorry, that's unfair to him.
. I hope he gets to snap out of that nonsense.

This sounds amazing. I would also like details about what they order at the diner

Absolutely, I also want the final diner review (good tourist advice for us prospect L.A. tourists), and I want to see the receipt with the tip, Reservoir Dogs style.

Like you said, I wouldn't read too far into Matt's comments. His wife is a very strong and capable leader who got us through many an E3. I think it's easy to take a comment like that and pick sides, but in reality people have varied shades of opinions.

I totally see where he's coming from too. I've always been in support of strong female characters, but sometimes this trend just strikes me as hokey and not very genuine. It often does feel like something that's being done for applause or marketing more than it being right for the franchise. On the one hand, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy sounds like a great, natural turn, and I don't recall anyone coming out on stage patting themselves on the back for having female leads. It makes perfect sense to me. While for Doctor Who, even though they've written the lore up to this point to make a logical progression, something about it just feels off.

Budi

Like you said, I wouldn't read too far into Matt's comments. His wife is a very strong and capable leader who got us through many an E3. I think it's easy to take a comment like that and pick sides, but in reality people have varied shades of opinions.
Yeah this is very true, but in internet discussion for some reason it often seems to go on extremes and absolutes. It's "you're with us, or against us." Tilda Swinton in the new Doctor Strange is good example that it's not all that simple every time. That casting gave important female representation to the movie, but it was also whitewashing of a character.

I totally see where he's coming from too. I've always been in support of strong female characters, but sometimes this trend just strikes me as hokey and not very genuine. It often does feel like something that's being done for applause or marketing more than it being right for the franchise. On the one hand, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy sounds like a great, natural turn, and I don't recall anyone coming out on stage patting themselves on the back for having female leads. It makes perfect sense to me. While for Doctor Who, even though they've written the lore up to this point to make a logical progression, something about it just feels off.

Hi Blood, I like very much what you just wrote. It's a clear positive message with no ground for doubt. I like it so much that I don't understand why you have to remark that you "totally see where he's coming from". Using the term SJW as a pejorative has a clear political/social connotation with little or no "shade" to choose from. I get that you feel the need to stick with your own, and that's ok, but imo what Matt expressed and the way he chose to express it, is not in line with the positive message you just so eloquently stated.

Budi

Hi Blood, I like very much what you just wrote. It's a clear positive message with no ground for doubt. I like it so much that I don't understand why you have to remark that you "totally see where he's coming from". Using the term SJW as a pejorative has a clear political/social connotation with little or no "shade" to choose from. I get that you feel the need to stick with your own, and that's ok, but imo what Matt expressed and the way he chose to express it, is not in line with the positive message you just so eloquently stated.
Blair seems to have different shades of opinions though. I don't think misogynist would love to see James Bond playing the second fiddle to a woman lead, but Blair does. But yeah the abbreviation SJW is very loaded and used in a derogatory manner. I refrain from judging Blair as a person simply for using the abbreviation, but I do condemn such use of it.

Tregard

Soothsayer
While for Doctor Who, even though they've written the lore up to this point to make a logical progression, something about it just feels off.

I think this is a side-effect of the character being only male up to this point. The Doctor has never really acted masculine, and as such, I wouldn't expect Jodie to be particularly feminine. As The Doctor changes so much with each incarnation, there are few things that have remained constant, and to see those elements change is much starker, the two obvious elements being their gender and their race. Jodie is an incredible actor, and Chinball has the ability to be a brilliant writer, so all being well, after the zeitgeist has passed, she will feel like "The Doctor", not "The female Doctor".

The real litmus test of this whole thing will be the response in-universe, I think. If there is repeated mentions and references to the Doctor's gender change, they'll have dropped the ball. Once we get a few episodes into The Doctor being a female, and the characters surrounding The Doctor aren't drawing attention to it (because mostly all of them shouldn't know any better, or it shouldn't surprise them), I imagine it won't feel off anymore.

Mista Koo

Good thing he's not part of EZA I guess.
Hope the allies don't share his opinions.

Another questionable group stream poll. Voted for That's You. It's a bad game but the only one of the three that I'm willing to watch them play?

snip
Nah, that'll require time and effort. What I'm suggesting is just an annual check in/year in review from Don since we don't get to hear from him on podcasts and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom