• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ strikes me as an overheating problem, could be something like heatsink or something more insidious. For a SoC like the Tegra, "let manufacturer fix it" is really the only reasonable choice.

But I suppose you could slap an ice pack on the back near the cpu and see if it lives it a little longer. YMMV. ;p

MrMette

Don's Beat Cop clip was amazing. Will definitely watch it again on youtube (I hope it gets released there) as I am somewhat tired (it's 6 am here) and I have certainly missed some details.

It's funny. I have this game on my radar since Don's last clip about it, but didn't bite this steam sale as I usually wait until a game is 50% or more off if I don't buy it day one. Seeing this new one makes me want to buy the game full price.
I also hope it will make it's way to consoles.

Axass

Take a shot every time Damiani says 64!

That friend code thing felt more like a last minute effort than anything else. It was just super rough and bad.

My suggestion would be to pre-record one or two podcast episodes that you can use during weeks when you can't be bothered or are unable to do the podcast.

I don't agree about it being rough or bad, it's just something that has been done to death: I mean, can you really say anything new about Mario 64 at this point?

I do agree about it being a last minute resort because they couldn't record a proper podcast, and if it's not I don't really get Damiani anymore.

Game Sleuth was one of the driving forces behind the Patreon pitch, and the few that came out were actually great, but is now basically MIA (the last one felt more like honoring a promise to that one fan and we still lack any update or possible release schedule for the series) and he admittedly seems to have grown to dislike working on it.

Zelda Talk is dead as well? The last episode was before E3. Again no updates.

The Retro Game Sessions stream was a pretty cool one and I kept looking forward to it, again, he did it regularly for a few months and then it fell off the radar for entire months before coming back. The last one has been in May.

A Nintendo podcast was proposed by Damiani himself, but now sometimes it will take the form of short spotlight videos? That's like Ben saying "this week Frame Trap won't feature a panel of people, instead I'll talk about an RPG for 10 minutes". I mean I'd love to have these short impressions on old games, but do a separate series, or a special episode that doesn't replace the standard podcast.

My point is: I love the content he produces but he's so damn uneven and inconsistent about what he wants to do and about putting it out.

Axass

Seems like an odd assumption to me. There was nothing stopping us from recording a podcast.
Thought it had to do with you working on the Splatoon 2 review, Kyle and Ben being out of town and people generally being busy, but I guess not. Then I stand my point about not getting Damiani anymore. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Zelda Talk is dead as well? The last episode was before E3. Again no updates.
I asked Damiani recently about it and he said it's on hiatus so he can work on something else in it's place and return to it later.
Feeling I get Damiani definitely seems to want to experiment based on the general criticism he's got on the type of content people want to see from EZA more.
Damiani said:
Oh, gonna put it on haitus for a bit - gonna try to do something else I think in its place and come back to it later
(quoted from the EZA discord)

Mista Koo

I didn't find it particularly creepy, just not a fun nor great game. The "mean" questions would've been fine if they didn't come out of no where. Like the game they're trying to cash on (Jackbox) establishes its tone right from the start.

I watched the second game just because they were into it, but I just couldn't watch it a third time in succession. That said I still wanna try it once. Me and my friends have recently gotten into Jackbox.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Would rather Damiani made a Don't Skip on one of the many other games out this year than just gush over Mario 64 for no reason as "content". That's idle stream talk. Turns out a Nintendo only podcast isn't very sustainable once you run the nostalgia memories eps and the main podcast still covers Nintendo news. Who knew.

Speaking of streams, been a lot of good ones recently. Bosman's Megaman Legends run through was a highlight as was Huber finally playing Nioh.

Next week is probably a Splatoon 2 lock for Group Stream, but theres been so much PSVR content recently I'd like to see them do another group VR night rather than it just be Bosman duty. Dino Frontier on August 1st should be a lock right?

Ultimadrago

Don's film noir inspired presentation is really entertaining. A nice way for him to return to the game (Beat Cop) since his overview however long ago.

Visceir

I don't agree about it being rough or bad, it's just something that has been done to death: I mean, can you really say anything new about Mario 64 at this point?

It's odd to see them establishing a certain standard with Brandon Jones' VO in their videos, who seems to put a lot of effort into his craft and then put out a video like this where it doesn't seem like Damiani even bothered to write a script for it.

Of course I'd encourage them to try out new things and experiment around, but perhaps maybe try to have some quality control, share your first efforts with the other EZA members and get their input on it first.

Hasney

Yo that Tabletop ending.

He got a 1 on the first roll right? It's either a 1 or a 20 with that reaction, and I think Yogalla might be absorbed D:

Fuck that voice over bloke in That's You is annoying. I was saving this game for a big get together, but I don't think I'll bother now. Looks so boring.

Yeah, stick to Jackbox.

Xenoboy

I think that game would be a better game for people that are very tight, where mean jokes or personal observations like that is acceptable between each other. But then again, Jackbox is better either way.

Kneefoil

What an evil way to end an episode of Tabletop.

Yo that Tabletop ending.

He got a 1 on the first roll right? It's either a 1 or a 20 with that reaction, and I think Yogalla might be absorbed D:
I don't think it was a nat 1, but it must've been very low because of that one die roll made Huber sigh in relief and say "needed that."

Bahorel

Fuck that voice over bloke in That's You is annoying. I was saving this game for a big get together, but I don't think I'll bother now. Looks so boring.

I feel like the questions aren't conducive for humor at all. Its bizarre. I don't think or care about if my friends would have laughed at a teacher's lame joke or enjoy touching clay etc. I haven't watched the whole thing yet but I find it severely lacking tonally, it's afraid to be too weird so it just ends up at mundanely obtuse

Tregard

Soothsayer
Easy Livin'? All the Allies living together under one roof during the summer?

We are *one* step away

TETZWSv.png

Visceir

Yo that Tabletop ending.

Kyle still had a point of inspiration, didn't he? Guess it would have also been typical Kyle to not use it in that situation

Karu

Just started the new podcast and Damiani with the truth right from the start. These question from people who somehow got guilt-tripped by someone else probably on GAF or something into thinking they might spend not enough (yikes) for your games is absolutely baffling to me. There might be good intentions behind someone's decision to "support" the developer, but man... what problems to have considering a game costs 60$. Same goes for used games.

Kyle is going to end up murdering someone.
Now I want them - at least for a short period of the stream - pull of a meta or direct narrative e.g. murder house or whatever. Ugh. Just do EZA Paranormal Activity at 4am or something. Only Damiani is awake, streaming FFXIV and suddenly shit is flying around in the background and Damiani freaks out.

Drencrom

The "That's You!" stream kinda highlighted probably my only gripe with EZA, the fact that they are too reserved and family friendly at times imo.

I mean c'mon guys, we all know the vast majority of EZA's audience are adults, no need to be overly prudish or family friendly for the sake of it, I'm pretty sure we all can handle some cursing or below-the-belt humor. I just fell like they truly weren't comfortable or really relaxed is all, which is a shame.

Drencrom

I dunno, most other game outlets have "swearing and sex = funny" humor, I'm glad there are alternatives to that.

I'm not saying I want excessive cussing and "lol sex" jokes for the sake of it. I'm just pointing out that they are fairly obviously holding back and being a bit awkward about it at times imo, which there really is no point in doing so as their audience can handle it. I'm just saying they should loosen up a little lol

The "That's You!" stream kinda highlighted probably my only gripe with EZA, the fact that they are too reserved and family friendly at times imo.

I mean c'mon guys, we all know the vast majority of EZA's audience are adults, no need to be overly prudish or family friendly for the sake of it, I'm pretty sure we all can handle some cursing or below-the-belt humor. I just fell like they truly weren't comfortable or really relaxed is all, which is a shame.

Kinda funny is that way, with dick jokes and naked fat men

Mista Koo

It's not the family friendly thing, a few of them swear often. It's just that those five in particular aren't close enough to be comfortably mean to one another. Heck if only Kyle was there no one would feel uncomfortable being mean to him (but then the game would break when everyone just chooses Kyle, similar to what happened on the Giant Bomb stream).

I honestly think Huber is the only person in Easy Allies that I've heard sweat. Maybe Ben.

I mean swear, but I'll leave sweat in there because that's kinda funny.

abrack08

Yeah I downloaded it when it came out. I deleted it after watching the stream. There's no reason to play that when I have all 3 Jackboxes

Edit: I feel weird about people making comments about the Tuesday group not being "close enough" or implying that's part of the reason the stream wasn't that entertaining. I think it's just not a very good game, or at least not conducive to a super entertaining stream.

VanWinkle

I love that EZA is relatively "clean". It's SOO hard to find a group of gaming people like that, that are also super knowledgeable, personable, and cover all games.

That said, That's You just didn't work for me.

sora87

Kindaaaa agree with this, a lot of them can get easily freaked out by something being too blue when it's actually quite tame lol.

Kindaaaa agree with this, a lot of them can get easily freaked out by something being too blue when it's actually quite tame lol.

I don't think the problem with That's You was necessarily that it was risque, but more that it felt weirdly out of place and mean spirited out of nowhere.

Mario007

After the Friend Code fiasco, lack of Game Sleuth and the latest podcast I honestly do not like Damiani or any of his attitudes and ideas. I appreciate that he is putting out content for the EZA, but honestly it is not something that I am interested in, I disagree with 100% of all he says and will have to think twice next time when he's on the podcast on Frametrap as to whether to see it.

I don't ever get the vibe that anyone from EZA is intentionally holding back from cursing for the sake of the content. I feel like they all speak true to how they would in their everyday lives which is great. Feels natural.

I wouldn't ever want somebody to hold back from saying how they feel in the words they feel like using ( within reason of course) but at the same time forced vulgarity for the sake of vulgarity is annoying as hell.

After the Friend Code fiasco, lack of Game Sleuth and the latest podcast I honestly do not like Damiani or any of his attitudes and ideas. I appreciate that he is putting out content for the EZA, but honestly it is not something that I am interested in, I disagree with 100% of all he says and will have to think twice next time when he's on the podcast on Frametrap as to whether to see it.
This is a shock to no one here. The majority of your posts that I remember always seem to be about you complaining about him. You can't agree with anything he says or likes or does? That's pretty absurd. So now that you have proclaimed you will never enjoy anything he participates in, I would love it if you'd just refrain from talking about him ever again. It won't be constructive, it won't contribute to the thread, it'd be just you using this thread (that he does read) as some complaint line to rant on a person. There's plenty of other EZA content out there where this shouldn't be an issue

Dmax3901

I've definitely heard Brad, Huber, Ben and Jones drop f bombs, Ian too maybe. Damiani maybe something like a 'bullshit' or something. Never heard Kyle, Blood or Don swear.

Although Blood drops a 'frick' every now and then, tsk tsk.

Maybe instead you should think twice about posting stuff like this in here. What do you hope to gain from it? Just having a vent? More importantly, what is Damiani supposed to gain from it?

abrack08

And people get upset because of it every time his seat wins the bet.

Who gets upset, the YouTube comments? I've never seen anyone say anything negative about his sign off, and the other allies seem to like it too. Multiple times now
including in todays L&R podcast
they have given Brad the sign-off despite his seat not actually "earning" it because it's popular.

A bunch of garbage
Every time you post shit like this you never try to defend it when people respond. So clearly you're not actually trying to start a conversation or offer any constructive criticism. What's the point, other than being a jerk in a thread Damiani and co. read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom