• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deimo5

Not only P5 but P3 dancing too, Atlus going in.

Btw, I saw a surfing game released this week on psn, just in time for the beach stream. Guess all the spots are filled though.

Bahorel

Not only P5 but P3 dancing too, Atlus going in.

Btw, I saw a surfing game released this week on psn, just in time for the beach stream. Guess all the spots are filled though.

I'm a little bummed because I wanted to know what the mysterious P5R was, but I guess we'll have to wait. I'm someone waiting on purchasing Persona 5 and I'm hoping the rerelease is on its way.

Mista Koo

Blood it's the full playthrough part that we're finding bizarre, not the game choice.
Also count me as another person who is currently watching GB's Sunshine stream (although again, different vibes).

Plus the more bizarre thing is the choice of a beach house when you're all gonna be sleep-deprived and indoors the whole time! I hope you have a couple hours at least to enjoy the beach.

To be fair you are a superfan who is super involved in their streams ¯_(ツ)_/¯

But honestly if you asked me to plan the stream I wouldn't know what to choose that I alone would enjoy, let alone everyone else.

I'd swap Brad and Don. The Casanova is definitely chaotic neutral imo.
Agreed. It's an old image and I wasn't the one who made it.

Good work! you have 27 days until Kiwami.
I missed 0 on release so decided to just do Kiwami. If I like it enough I may go back to 0.

Hasney

I missed 0 on release so decided to just do Kiwami. If I like it enough I may go back to 0.

I'm just really hoping they do a Kiwami 2. Going back to my old PS2 copy is rough and I just have no memory of what happened. I didn't have much memory of 1 either tbh, but 0 jogged enough of that.

I can remember the main parts of 3, 4 and 5 though, so that's something.

The official schedule is up on the site now.

I'm not sure why Sunshine is bizarre to some people. We're going to the beach, kicking it off with a game that's entirely beach themed. Super fun game to get things started, with each of us taking shifts through the night. And while there are some games on there we've streamed before, most of those we either haven't streamed for a year or more or they're simply perfect go-to multiplayer favorites like Mario Kart.

I'm fine with you guys playing Sunshine, the bizarre part is that you're dedicating over a quarter of the weekend to it. So if someone has no interest in that game then that's a huge chunk of the stream they have no interest in. Personally, I'll probably catch parts of it, particularly at the start, but I don't think I'll watch as much of it as I would've if you'd slotted a few games into that 14 hours instead.

I'll take back my Donkey Kong comment though. For some reason I thought it'd been part of the 12 month anniversary stream but looking back at those videos, there's no Tropical Freeze in them, so I'm not sure how I got that impression. Maybe it was the Wii U farewell stream then.

I'm just really hoping they do a Kiwami 2. Going back to my old PS2 copy is rough and I just have no memory of what happened. I didn't have much memory of 1 either tbh, but 0 jogged enough of that.

Shame on you, 2 is still the best one. Ryuji is one of the GOAT villains.

Though I don't remember much of 1 either TBH, just the climax of the story. What I do remember is being really disorientated going straight from 1 to 2 because of all the localisation changes between those games. Just going from referring to characters by their given names to their surnames had me confused quite a bit.

Deimo5

I found dark souls 3 to be the easiest in the series, can't speak on the dlc though. Having prior experience helps a bunch because of the reused concepts. Not sure of bloods history but i assumed it wasnt too much.
Easy costume would be to get robes and a crown and call yourself Gwyn lol. The long hair is already there.

Also don't think I'm ready for Yakuza Kiwami, still too many games to get through.

Hasney

I
Shame on you, 2 is still the best one. Ryuji is one of the GOAT villains.

Though I don't remember much of 1 either TBH, just the climax of the story. What I do remember is being really disorientated going straight from 1 to 2 because of all the localisation changes between those games. Just going from referring to characters by their given names to their surnames had me confused quite a bit.

I remember loving it, just its been almost 11 years now.

If TGS comes and goes without a Kiwami 2 announcement, I'm just gonna hook up the PS2 and play it.

To be fair you are a superfan who is super involved in their streams ¯_(ツ)_/¯

But honestly if you asked me to plan the stream I wouldn't know what to choose that I alone would enjoy, let alone everyone else.

Hah fair. The reason I don't mind the super long sunshine stream, considering it's not a fav of mine is the time of day they're doing it at. For people in the US it's during a time when most will be sleeping for the vast majority of the stream

And hey I campaigned hard for a MGS1 full playthrough with the group since it's never happened for EZA or GT. Even though so many love the game. But it didn't happen.

Also the way ian and don were talking they're up to something. I'm guessing filming/editing things for easy update and maybe other things in and around the beach house.

I found dark souls 3 to be the easiest in the series, can't speak on the dlc though. Having prior experience helps a bunch because of the reused concepts. Not sure of bloods history but i assumed it wasnt too much.
Easy costume would be to get robes and a crown and call yourself Gwyn lol. The long hair is already there.

Also don't think I'm ready for Yakuza Kiwami, still too many games to get through.

Neither. It took me a full month to get the Yakuza 0 plat, so I'm still a bit burnt out on it (though not as much as I was after 5, the pacing in that game was the worst). I'll pick Kiwami up on day one, with the shiny steelbook, but probably won't play it for a few months.

I remember loving it, just its been almost 11 years now.

If TGS comes and goes without a Kiwami 2 announcement, I'm just gonna hook up the PS2 and play it.

Yeah, I really hope it's announced too. The last time I played 2 was in early 2009, so it's been a long time but I have really fond memories of it.

Mista Koo

I honestly hope I like Kiwami just enough to jump straight to 7 :p

Hah fair. The reason I don't mind the super long sunshine stream, considering it's not a fav of mine is the time of day they're doing it at. For people in the US it's during a time when most will be sleeping for the vast majority of the stream
For me my weekend will end an hour after the Sunshine segement ends lol.

So are you confirming or denying this?

fp8JVR8.jpg

The middle row I'm not so sure about. But then again I know nothing about D&D.

(I agree. I like the idea of it rather than the execution, but I'm also glad it exists.)

I think this one is more aligned....

C9FWAUgVoAA41NA.jpg

abrack08

I think this one is more aligned....

C9FWAUgVoAA41NA.jpg

I like this one better, I'm just not sure about Jones being Lawful Good. Whenever Kyle challenges the panel on the podcast to justify some kinda slimy or icky business practice in a pretend E3 conference he does it like a true pro. Plus he enjoys microtransactions!

Yea jones is more devious than he lets on at times.

Let's not forget hiding the last puzzle piece so he can finish the puzzle story! I'd swap blood & jones and then it'd be pretty close

Naythan

hot take: I like the beach schedule. I think they should have fun and play whatever they think they will personally have the most fun with. The stream's appeal is 90% vibes and hanging out with the boys anyway so I don't really care what they play too much.

Budi

hot take: I like the beach schedule. I think they should have fun and play whatever they think they will personally have the most fun with. The stream's appeal is 90% vibes and hanging out with the boys anyway so I don't really care what they play too much.
Hmmm, I can get behind this idea!

Dmax3901

Yeah tbh I'm more interested in the shenanigans/conversations that could arise from the situation itself, than watching them play particular games. Should be fun!

dickroach

Yeah tbh I'm more interested in the shenanigans/conversations that could arise from the situation itself, than watching them play particular games. Should be fun!

yea, you're right. that's what makes/made the Gundam streams, group streams, the FF7 full playthrough, Mandatory Update Nights, etc. so entertaining.

Also, any stream with tropical freeze in it is by definition unimpeachable. Read the bylaws, whiners

luchadork

spot on

Sure, everyone here suggesting some changes wants them to have a bad time for the egoistic reason to see their favourite game streamed. Hot take: giving advice and feedback is a good thing. If you're a fan there's no need to shield anyone from that.

ShadyK54

wJT6edn.gif

Agreed.

Tekken 7 is gonna be a fun one to watch. The potential salt from it being a tourney + it being the final stretch of a long weekend/stream could make for some memorable moments.

Budi

Sure, everyone here suggesting some changes wants them to have a bad time for the egoistic reason to see their favourite game streamed. Hot take: giving advice and feedback is a good thing. If you're a fan there's no need to shield anyone from that.
Guilty as charged. Anytime I've wished for certain coverage (Reviews, Frame Trap etc too) in this thread it's always for games I'm personally interested in, ofcourse I hope they would enjoy it too!

Edit: Certainly it would be in a service to anyone interested in great games!

Hasney

The podcast is about as long as my train ride today. It's a sign I am blessed.

Sonic Mania is a Sext to 2D Sonic. I love it.

Guilty as charged. Anytime I've wished for certain coverage (Reviews, Frame Trap etc too) in this thread it's always for games I'm personally interested in, ofcourse I hope they would enjoy it too!

Edit: Certainly it would be in a service to anyone interested in great games!

I hear you on that.

I want to clarify a couple of things about criticism in the thread. Beware that this is absolutely not geared against you but I think it's an important thing to address and your previous comment prompted me towards this.

We have to remember ourselves that we have a very tight-knit community here. We know we are heard, Blood Ben and Michael routinely show up here and discuss things with us.
Generally speaking, the positivity towards the allies is very high here, and it's very rare to see any feedback here that is not based on real motivation of getting them in a better place (even in cases I disagree with said feedback).
That said, I fear for them everytime I read a comment that dismisses some criticism and seem to want to shield them from the loop of feedback (critical and positive). I think they can see GAF as a place where feedback and criticism is level headed and coming from true fans. I think it's too easy in this day and age of patreons to have a fanbase split in sections where the most vocal fringes are either a toxic bunch or a die-hard defence force at the opposite ends of a silent majority.
Let remember us that and when we face someone we're disagreeing with here let's try not to paint then in a negative light just because they gave a critical feedback.

Auctopus

I think the only time I "shield" the Allies from criticism is when the poster has transcended constructive criticism and is just insulting one or multiple of the Allies.

Mista Koo

Them playing Alpha 3 on the group stream was a nice surprise! Also Damiani is the best voice actor.
Respect the circle!

Also for people who wanted board games on Easy Livin, Ian explained that it would be hard to set it up during a marathon. He said he'd like to do a board games stream later.

I like Mista Koo's (Original?) Alignment Chart better.
It's not mine. This is probably how I'd do it:

NWa8ej8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom