• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

I'd love it if we can get a bigger cam window for the stream:

TMTaH07.jpg
3yX0lMJ.jpg

If possible the second cam can be used for a side view of the second row.

those are the people that will 100% be there, playing the game. other allies will be there tho
Yeah I caught that a second after you posted and edited it out. Had to put it back in since you quoted me :p

It's weird when people tie the Devolver thing into whatever they perceive our general attitude to be. As if it went against some sort of DnD alignment and we can't dislike it for legitimate reasons. I just thought the whole thing wasn't funny. Satire, sure, but not very well done in my opinion. I think there's a lot to rightfully criticize about hype culture, but the conference just took the most obvious stuff in the most obvious way. Very little bite.
So are you confirming or denying this?

fp8JVR8.jpg

The middle row I'm not so sure about. But then again I know nothing about D&D.

(I agree. I like the idea of it rather than the execution, but I'm also glad it exists.)

(I agree. I like the idea of it rather than the execution, but I'm also glad it exists.

I'm glad it exists too. I think it has generated interesting discussion, but yeah the actual thing itself didn't do much for me. Curious if there will be more things like it. It's clear with each passing E3 that the format of press conferences is getting looser and looser. Not from everyone, but still, I do like the idea of trying to speak in different, perhaps more genuine ways.

Visceir

Just felt like the Devolver thing caught the allies off guard and had them shook without them really knowing how to react while at the same time still having an oddly strong negative reaction to it. Would have probably been best if they had skipped it all together.

Beach House stream list doesn't really get me excited. Feels like the same "same old" thing with Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart being on there that they've already done a group stream of multiple times.

Would have liked to have see them do a full playthrough of something story heavy that was 6 - 8 h long, like Until Dawn or the RE7 full playthrough they did. A tabletop portion would have been fun, surprised Ian didn't try to sneak in some Swords streaming on there. More snes classics would have been cool too.

Auctopus

It's weird when people tie the Devolver thing into whatever they perceive our general attitude to be. As if it went against some sort of DnD alignment and we can't dislike it for legitimate reasons. I just thought the whole thing wasn't funny. Satire, sure, but not very well done in my opinion. I think there's a lot to rightfully criticize about hype culture, but the conference just took the most obvious stuff in the most obvious way. Very little bite.

I agree, a lot of people who weren't that in to it were criticised for not having a sense of humour but I could see the exact sort of Adult Swim/Eric Andre thing they were going for (which I usually like), it just wasn't done very well.

Tankard

Don't really like the schedule for the Beach House thing, too much of the same stuff they always play, and some even they already played through on Gt or even EZA.

Will be checking from time to time though, hope they have lots of fun.

The Devolver show was amusing at first but it got old real fast and then just dragged on and on and on, with games treated as an afterthought. By the time it ended, I thought they'd completely wasted my time. And if I were developing a game they were publishing, I would've been pissed they used that opportunity to try and make themselves look cool when they should've been making the games look cool.

In other words, Digital Devolver were the Triple H of E3.

Dmax3901

I said in my post that people have different tastes, especially when it comes to comedy, I never meant to imply any of you couldn't dislike it for legitimate reasons. As mentioned by someone else on this page I didn't watch the entirety of your reactions so it seems I've gotten the wrong impression anyway.

It was complete fucking wank, let's be honest.

See this I don't get. Sure it may not have hit all the right marks for everyone but at least they tried something different? I don't really know why I feel the need to defend it so much, lol, I didn't think it was the best thing ever.

Friday
10pm Super Mario Sunshine (14 hour playthrough w/ the Allies taking shifts)

Saturday
12pm Pac-Man Versus (Blood)
2pm Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze (Damiani)
4pm Shadow of the Colossus (Damiani)
6pm Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Ben & Huber)
7pm Pyre
8pm Jackbox Party Pack 3
9pm Mario Kart 8
10pm Bloodborne Jolly Co-op (Ian & Brad)

Sunday
12am Resident Evil 2, Leon B (Huber)
4am SSX (Jones)
6am Mega Man X (Ben)
7am Metal Slug 3 (Ben & Don)
8am Banjo Tooie (Blood & Bosman)
10am Beautiful Katamari (Blood)
11am WWE 2k17 (Brad & Huber)
12pm Yakuza 0 (Brad & Ben)
2pm Sengoku (Don)
3pm Wave Race 64 (Don)
4pm Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Brad, Ian & Don)
5pm Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Brad, Ian & Don)
6pm Grand Theft Auto Online (Jones)
7pm Dishonored 2 Settle It! (Huber & Bosman)
8pm Scott Pilgrim vs the World (Huber & Bosman)
9pm Screencheat
10pm Tekken 7 Tournament

I hope I got everything right.

Hopefully Blood can fit everything up on the website so we can get some localised times.

Wow, this list is complete fucking wank lol. They really do like to play the same shit a lot––especially the Nintendo games.

sora87

Wow, this list is complete fucking wank lol. They really do like to play the same shit a lot––especially the Nintendo games.

Indeed, this seems really rushed and poorly thought out. They could have picked games that will be fun to play in 1-2 hour blocks, not games where they'll barely make any progress like SotC, Yakuza, Dishonored and games they've played before on stream.

Also they should have thrown some board games in seems all of them are there.

I've been slowly getting through Friend Code over the last couple of days and just got to the NPD part. Sorry Damiani, but that segment was kinda cringe.

NPD gives us ranks based on revenue, not sales figures or even ranks based on sales figures, so there's no way to say if one game is close to passing another without a leak of some kind (and that goes double for a $40 game like Crash). Just because BotW is number two, doesn't mean it's near Ghost Recon, it just means it earned more (tracked) revenue than all the other games so far this year. Same thing goes for your BotW and FFXV comparison (which was ridiculous).

But even if BotW did pass Ghost Recon, sorry but there's absolutely no chance it will end up as the best selling game of the year. Look at the other games in that rolling 12 months list, we've still got Battlefront 2, CoD, NBA 2k, FIFA and Madden to come this year and that's not even taking into account the juggernaut that is GTAV, which will probably still sell millions this holiday season because everyone who buys a PS4 or Xbox just HAS to get GTAV with it.

Oh and bundled copies are not counted by NPD, so bundling BotW with the Switch would actually hurt its sales figures, not help.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I don't get the problem with the Easy Livin playlist? Surely the games are mostly parallel to the enjoyment, the change of setting and having everyone popping in and out is the key. I admit a few more multiplayer titles wouldn't go amiss, but maybe they want to avoid anyone falling out 4 hours in and having a whole weekend of salt?

Hasney

but maybe they want to avoid anyone falling out 4 hours in and having a whole weekend of salt?

If that's possible, then maybe they shouldn't go away together at all.

But even the single player stuff is un-interesting. There's nothing at all that leaps off the page as "I should watch that segment" other than Jackbox, but since that's only for an hour, it depends what games within that they even pick. Opening with 14 hours of Mario Sunshine is just killing any hype right from the start. The location and having them all there can only do so much when I don't care for just an hour of Shadow of the Colossus.

I'll wait for the best of.

Xenoboy

I have no idea what people in this thread has against them streaming nintendo games? Like, they are fun yeah? They have a lot of multiplayer games that are in high regard. They stream a bunch of different games too.

Hasney

I have no idea what people in this thread has against them streaming nintendo games? Like, they are fun yeah? They have a lot of multiplayer games that are in high regard. They stream a bunch of different games too.

I agree, but Nintendo games don't have much to do with the list currently being discussed. If anything, I'd have more, like Smash.

If that's possible, then maybe they shouldn't go away together at all.

But even the single player stuff is un-interesting. There's nothing at all that leaps off the page as "I should watch that segment" other than Jackbox, but since that's only for an hour, it depends what games within that they even pick. Opening with 14 hours of Mario Sunshine is just killing any hype right from the start.

I'll wait for the best of.

I feel the complete opposite. They have essentially back to back group streams each evening that are all multiplayer focused.

Then they have a mix of comfort food streams and new streams for the single player stuff. And almost all of the streams (outside the super late night ones) will have multiple people there like the days when they had a studio. You're getting the grouped up single player stuff that's always a fun watch from the GT days and every so often with Kyle and Huber

Just off the top of my head streams I'm interested in
Jolly Bloodborne co-op. Always is great
The Don block
Damiani playing shadow of the colusus
The jack box
Huber and Kyle doing a settle it
Tekken 7 tournament
Scott pilgrim co-op brawling
Huber RE2 stream
The castlevania block
Mega man x

That's all amazing to me and almost has already planned a couple people per stream. The weekend is going to be a blast

Tankard

I won't even touch on the Nintendo games streaming with the group, i've said it enough, but you have to admit, there is barely anything in this Beach House schedule that is even a bit out of ordinary for them, it's really surprising how much of the same it actually is, i don't see the point in this now.

I won't even touch on the Nintendo games streaming with the group, i've said it enough, but you have to admit, there is barely anything in this Beach House schedule that is even a bit out of ordinary for them, it's really surprising how much of the same it actually is, i don't see the point in this now.

Why would you expect some huge shift in the games they would play? That was never the appeal of the event.

It's a super extended marathon group stream that they have done every 6 months or so. It's like wondering why watching their E3 coverage is appealing. It's enjoying their group dynamics while playing/covering a ton of games and the spontaneous events that will spawn (regardless what they stream) with them just being together. Just look at the Gundam stream. It's 4 hours of people sitting and building models. Buts it's great because of all the conversations, jokes, tangents that come from it

Tankard

Why would you expect some huge shift in the games they would play? That was never the appeal of the event.

It's a super extended marathon group stream that they have done every 6 months or so. It's like wondering why watching their E3 coverage is appealing. It's enjoying their group dynamics while playing/covering a ton of games and the spontaneous events that will spawn (regardless what they stream) with them just being together. Just look at the Gundam stream. It's 4 hours of people sitting and building models. Buts it's great because of all the conversations, jokes, tangents that come from it

For you, for me and some others, clearly, different expectations.

I feel the complete opposite. They have essentially back to back group streams each evening that are all multiplayer focused.

Then they have a mix of comfort food streams and new streams for the single player stuff. And almost all of the streams (outside the super late night ones) will have multiple people there like the days when they had a studio. You're getting the grouped up single player stuff that's always a fun watch from the GT days and every so often with Kyle and Huber

Just off the top of my head streams I'm interested in
Jolly Bloodborne co-op. Always is great
The Don block
Damiani playing shadow of the colusus
The jack box
Huber and Kyle doing a settle it
Tekken 7 tournament
Scott pilgrim co-op brawling
Huber RE2 stream
The castlevania block
Mega man x

That's all amazing to me and almost has already planned a couple people per stream. The weekend is going to be a blast

Agreed. I think there's some weird picks in there, like the absurdly long Mario Sunshine playthrough and yet another Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze stream but there's plenty of great stuff in there too.

And Hasney, the Shadow of the Colossus block is 2 hours, not 1 hour.

I have nothing against the number of Nintendo games in the Easy Livin' schedule but as far as Group Streams go, I think the sentiment is that they basically have one or two Nintendo games a month, while plenty of other great games go ignored. It also doesn't help that most of the non-Nintendo games that tend to win are bad meme games like that horse racing game a few months ago or that Pooh game a few weeks back.

Auctopus

Without trying to purposely propagate the negative reaction, the only genuinely 'bad' game choice I can see on there is GTA: Online.

It sounds okay on paper but 20 minutes of that slot will be spent loading in/matchmaking in to a Los Santos lobby and then matchmaking in to a match (and that's just a run of the mill TDM, not a Heist). For an action-packed title, the online partion has a hell of a lot of waiting about.

That's unless Jones is just planning a solo rampage or something.

Servbot24

Banned
Mega Man X group stream
Kyle starting a Mega Man Legends 2 playthrough

I'm sure we can all agree these would be the best possible streams :)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I'm surprised by how down people are, but I can kinda see a bit of the logic(especially certain games maybe being not a great fit for the 1-2 hour format I'm psyched for yakuza but I can see yeah maybe it's not quite ideal and that is not to say it wouldn't work at all).
Personally still looking forward to certain parts.
I'll just wait and see how it turns out. Only thing I hope for is that they don't feel forced to stick to the schedule to a T.

If things organically shake out in a way where 1 games goes overtime cause everyone is so into it or the mood to play something not on it strikes a lot of people I hope there's room to change on the fly. (Same goes for the opposite of maybe not feeling a game on the schedule.)

Sounds like they're making a fancy graphic and putting it up on Twitter tomorrow. Not sure why they couldn't have just quickly posted the list on Patreon first but I just went back through the stream and wrote this up:

Friday
10pm Super Mario Sunshine (14 hour playthrough w/ the Allies taking shifts)

Saturday
12pm Pac-Man Versus (Blood)
2pm Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze (Damiani)
4pm Shadow of the Colossus (Damiani)
6pm Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Ben & Huber)
7pm Pyre
8pm Jackbox Party Pack 3
9pm Mario Kart 8
10pm Bloodborne Jolly Co-op (Ian & Brad)

Sunday
12am Resident Evil 2, Leon B (Huber)
4am SSX (Jones)
6am Mega Man X (Ben)
7am Metal Slug 3 (Ben & Don)
8am Banjo Tooie (Blood & Bosman)
10am Beautiful Katamari (Blood)
11am WWE 2k17 (Brad & Huber)
12pm Yakuza 0 (Brad & Ben)
2pm Sengoku (Don)
3pm Wave Race 64 (Don)
4pm Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Brad, Ian & Don)
5pm Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Brad, Ian & Don)
6pm Grand Theft Auto Online (Jones)
7pm Dishonored 2 Settle It! (Huber & Bosman)
8pm Scott Pilgrim vs the World (Huber & Bosman)
9pm Screencheat
10pm Tekken 7 Tournament

I hope I got everything right.

Hopefully Blood can fit everything up on the website so we can get some localised times.
Just saw this, thank you for taking the time to write it all out

Sunshine playthrough is a bizarre choice but the rest seems cool. I guess the idea is Mario is coming out in a couple of months and beach = sunshine?

Just saw this, thank you for taking the time to write it all out

Sunshine playthrough is a bizarre choice but the rest seems cool. I guess the idea is Mario is coming out in a couple of months and beach = sunshine?
The official schedule is up on the site now.

I'm not sure why Sunshine is bizarre to some people. We're going to the beach, kicking it off with a game that's entirely beach themed. Super fun game to get things started, with each of us taking shifts through the night. And while there are some games on there we've streamed before, most of those we either haven't streamed for a year or more or they're simply perfect go-to multiplayer favorites like Mario Kart.

Hasney

I'm not sure why Sunshine is bizarre to some people. We're going to the beach, kicking it off with a game that's entirely beach themed. Super fun game to get things started, with each of us taking shifts through the night. And while there are some games on there we've streamed before, most of those we either haven't streamed for a year or more or they're simply perfect go-to multiplayer favorites like Mario Kart.

I've been watching a convoluted stream for the past couple of weeks (which wouldn't be fun to watch without the convoluted system of bets and gumballs), as well as finishing the game recently. It's still fun, but watching it is a nightmare since the camera went backwards from 64 so it feels like most of the game when you're watching it is wrestling with the camera, either because it decides to go to an angle you don't want no matter how many times you move it, the silly left and right inverted controls and then just having it end up behind a wall for some reason. It's a lot more noticeable now since back then almost all the cameras had their quirks, but if someone doesn't get used to it quickly, it's just an exercise in frustration for everyone involved.

Bahorel

I think the schedule looks good and I'm glad there is one. I think it's to be expected if they're on a vacation of sorts that they play some of their faves, and ones that say summer.

I would say that I'm excited except the moment the whole beachhouse stream ends at midnight I turn 30 so for me it will serve as a send off party for my youth ahah...

Don out in the field

Wtf why is he on the news

Auctopus

Now the schedule's up, I'll finish off the OT graphics.

Easy Allies Summer Beach House Marathon Stream |OT| Surfin' E.Z.A

Don out in the field

"All of a sudden, I just saw a bright ray of light and I was teleported in to their Mothership!"

Edit: For real, he looks a little shook and there's evidence of a fire behind him. Hope he's alright.

It's odd in the sense that it's generally considered to be the least popular 3D Mario, I don't believe EZA/GT really has any history with it, and it's the only game being full playthroughed so it's seen as the premiere game of the stream

Nothing wrong with it, just a left-field pick. I made the beach connection so that part makes sense at least. It would probably also make more sense framed in the announcement like "since we're at the beach we figured what better way to kick off the stream...." haha. Just seeing it on the list caught me off guard at first

ShadyK54

I don't get the problem with the Easy Livin playlist? Surely the games are mostly parallel to the enjoyment, the change of setting and having everyone popping in and out is the key. I admit a few more multiplayer titles wouldn't go amiss, but maybe they want to avoid anyone falling out 4 hours in and having a whole weekend of salt?

Yeah, seeing a lot of downers in here over it. :/ Guess you can't please everyone/give everyone what they want.

I'm fine with the list, & they're some I'm particularly excited for (like WWE 2K17 w/Brad & Huber). I'm in the minority, though, because ultimately the games don't matter to me in the end, it's the interactions we'll get from it.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Edit: For real, he looks a little shook and there's evidence of a fire behind him. Hope he's alright.

Saw this on the FB group, thought people had seen it already!

"Fire in North Hollywood, he was explaining that the fire trucks were having trouble getting to the fire because of the narrow alleyways and they ended up having to cut through some fences in order to reach it."

Sounds like nobody was hurt, hopefully

Mikey Jr.

I think the main thing is that its 14 hours long...........

And GiantBomb literally just did a whole Mario Sunshine playthrough. So I'm kinda burned out on that game.

It's just 50 hours of video games.

Why not do a hall of greats?
Pokemon card game?
Pokemon snap?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think the main thing is that its 14 hours long...........

And GiantBomb literally just did a whole Mario Sunshine playthrough. So I'm kinda burned out on that game.

It's just 50 hours of video games.

Why not do a hall of greats?
Pokemon card game?
Pokemon snap?

I mean, 50 hours of video games is pretty literally what they've been promising all along, so I'm not sure why that would be much of a surprise.

They also answered the card game part. They're worried about the logistics of the multi-camera setup they would need to pull off any tabletop games effectively. Ian also mentioned that they're thinking of doing a big tabletop games special sometime in the near-ish future.

About Easy Livin' - First, let me say I love the idea of everyone together streaming stuff and I'm sure it will be a great time. Multiple of them watching/playing/talking about games is the #1 reason I'm looking forward to them getting a studio. Also, there's obviously no "right" way to do this.

With that said, here's my "right" way to do this:

-Less games. 1 or 2 hour chunks of giant games just seems like a waste for this type of stream. Constant switching and sticking to a "hard" schedule seems just a bit too frantic for no real benefit as you can't really get in to the "meat" of many of these games in such a short time. 3-4 hour blocks of SP games should be the goal IF they are going to do them.

-The amount of MP games. Kind of shocked looking at the schedule seeing so many SP games when they are literally all going to be in the same place at the same time. I understand they'll be filming and doing other things during this, but still kind of surprising. That there's no Mario Party like party game or Monopoly and only 1 hour each of Mario Kart and Jack Box seems strange.

- Never really got "marathon" streams. While it's fun to say "50 hours straight," I feel for Ben being up at 6am to play 1 hour of Mega Man X with probably a small audience. I'd recommend 18 hours a day or something and let people actually get some rest and maybe be "fresher' for their streams rather than "enduring" them.

-Actually really like the idea of them starting off with a giant 'team' stream game. Unfortunately with Sunshine, I'm already currently watching that being streamed on Giant Bomb. Oh well. Kind of wish they'd do a Galaxy or something as I'd think there's probably a pretty healthy crossover between GB and EZA.

-Just the idea of a rigid schedule seems kind of odd to me. If the audience/streamer are really digging a game, kind of a bummer they'll just have to drop it to stay on schedule. Maybe next time just release a list of games they're hoping to play and then play it 'fast and loose' and keep a schedule just for themselves.

With all that said, really looking forward to it. Will miss most of it live as I have plans, but looking forward to the archives and the inevitable insanity that will come out of this.

I said in my post that people have different tastes, especially when it comes to comedy, I never meant to imply any of you couldn't dislike it for legitimate reasons. As mentioned by someone else on this page I didn't watch the entirety of your reactions so it seems I've gotten the wrong impression anyway.

Oh, that's not what you implied. I was responding to a different user, but I wasn't explicit enough. Sorry!

About Easy Livin' - First, let me say I love the idea of everyone together streaming stuff and I'm sure it will be a great time. Multiple of them watching/playing/talking about games is the #1 reason I'm looking forward to them getting a studio. Also, there's obviously no "right" way to do this.

With that said, here's my "right" way to do this:

-Less games. 1 or 2 hour chunks of giant games just seems like a waste for this type of stream. Constant switching and sticking to a "hard" schedule seems just a bit too frantic for no real benefit as you can't really get in to the "meat" of many of these games in such a short time. 3-4 hour blocks of SP games should be the goal IF they are going to do them.

-The amount of MP games. Kind of shocked looking at the schedule seeing so many SP games when they are literally all going to be in the same place at the same time. I understand they'll be filming and doing other things during this, but still kind of surprising. That there's no Mario Party like party game or Monopoly and only 1 hour each of Mario Kart and Jack Box seems strange.

- Never really got "marathon" streams. While it's fun to say "50 hours straight," I feel for Ben being up at 6am to play 1 hour of Mega Man X with probably a small audience. I'd recommend 18 hours a day or something and let people actually get some rest and maybe be "fresher' for their streams rather than "enduring" them.

-Actually really like the idea of them starting off with a giant 'team' stream game. Unfortunately with Sunshine, I'm already currently watching that being streamed on Giant Bomb. Oh well. Kind of wish they'd do a Galaxy or something as I'd think there's probably a pretty healthy crossover between GB and EZA.

-Just the idea of a rigid schedule seems kind of odd to me. If the audience/streamer are really digging a game, kind of a bummer they'll just have to drop it to stay on schedule. Maybe next time just release a list of games they're hoping to play and then play it 'fast and loose' and keep a schedule just for themselves.

With all that said, really looking forward to it. Will miss most of it live as I have plans, but looking forward to the archives and the inevitable insanity that will come out of this.

These are solid suggestions. It's not too late to change the plan a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom