• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should clarify, they can screw around but Its nice to keep the pace moving, especially since they wont return to the game. I want to see the reaction to other stuff in the game, like the sandworms, or Hoth, etc.
Huber takes over midway in and they get through a couple missions before spending a little time in MP (which was fun to watch/play). I got a taste of what it's like to be Brad as hubers co-op partner.

Servbot24

Banned
I hope someone from EZA can be a guest on Kinda Funny Gamescast at some point... I think Brandon was before but would be cool to see someone else too

abrack08

I hope someone from EZA can be a guest on Kinda Funny Gamescast at some point... I think Brandon was before but would be cool to see someone else too

On the KF Moning Show somebody asked Tim if he's talked with EZA about getting Huber on a Gamescast, he said no to that specifically but he has talked to them about a couple possible collabs. At 44:10 (don't know how to do a time stamp on mobile)

https://youtu.be/TXIUSLcznYk

Mista Koo

PMed you.

I think when in doubt one can send mail to askeasyallies since that's the address they make publicly available. That's how I first got in touch, I sent my letter there noting it was for Ian and Ian wrote back to me from his own email. The allies are also very responsive on twitter. Most of the times I've talked to any of them they reply quite quickly.

If you need help brainstorming let me know! I kept a copy of back to the old house open so I could have a style example and listened to a few of their setups over again to figure out how to go about it. You can download a ton off here if you need inspiration http://fiascoplaysets.com/
Got it, thanks. If I ever finish a draft I'll send it to you.

I did download a playset template and played with it for a bit. I found that website earlier as well, but the theme I'm going for had a tag there that I didn't want to check to avoid copying ideas.

Maiar_m

Box Peek "delayed" (even though there was no date). Will be an update November 1st if no episodes by then.

Scripts are 8-10 pages long for one episode too, that seems sizeable to me? Looking forward to this. Basically, the longer it takes, the higher I get my hopes (no pressure).

No need to rush for Box Peek. It should be pretty evergreen, so it's more important that it's good than 'out'. Kyle has pretty high standards, trust in the process.

Karu

Absolutely stoked about Box Peak. Take aaaaaall the time you need. Writing on a deadline can be helpful, but also can be dreadful, ugh. Anyway, still hope Kyle releases these with the RE Revelations 2 release shedule rather than the Telltale approach in mind (Wait til all is done and them release weekly). If that takes even longer, I would be fine with that.

The box peak "delay" was expected by me since I saw the initial timeline. Seemed pretty optimistic schedule but I have no issue with it being pushed out some.

I was pleased to see he has all episode scripts now done. Having troop helping in the project including voicing the main character is great news. As is the announcement of who is providing the show theme.

The box peak "delay" was expected by me since I saw the initial timeline. Seemed pretty optimistic schedule but I have no issue with it being pushed out some.

I was pleased to see he has all episode scripts now done. Having troop helping in the project including voicing the main character is great news. As is the announcement of who is providing the show theme.

my thoughts exactly.

"A delayed box peek is eventually good, a rushed box peek is forever bad" - Myamotsman

Budi

Left my first correction in the Youtube comments! Might be too late now, but Jones talking about Crash having the longest gap between remake/remaster and the original release. Atleast Day of the Tentacle (1993) and Full Throttle (1995) have it beat in that, there could be more.

Hasney

Left my first correction in the Youtube comments! Might be too late now, but Jones talking about Crash having the longest gap between remake/remaster and the original release. Atleast Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle have it beat in that, there could be more.

I must have missed that, but now I get to correct your correction!

Barbarian released in 1987 was remade in 2012.

Budi

I must have missed that, but now I get to correct your correction!

Barbarian released in 1987 was remade in 2012.
Hahaa, Jones also said "in a while". 2012 is already far in the past so it wont count! Good pull though, had no idea it was remade.

Servbot24

Banned
If I remember right Box Peek was introduced as a stretch goal after that milestone had already been reached, so I don't think there's really that much of an obligation to get it out quickly. Take your time Kyle and don't get overly stressed :)

cm osi

a 3 persons frame traps make room for more elaboration on every guests arguments but at the same i feel the it gets a little too quiet, since there are less opinions. i guess going back to a 4 people FT once in a while is still possible?

Visceir

a 3 persons frame traps make room for more elaboration on every guests arguments but at the same i feel the it gets a little too quiet, since there are less opinions. i guess going back to a 4 people FT once in a while is still possible?

Listening to the new Friend Code right now and during the second half with mainly just Ian voicing his opinions and chiming in while Damiani read the news at times it felt like Brandon had left the room completely. No video somehow makes this even more apparent.

Oddly enough I actually kinda liked the lack of video of the allies and instead having game footage playing.

I like the 3 people setup for FT. I do however think that you'd maybe want to take into consideration which mix of allies you have on -- with for example Ian, Kyle and Huber being more energetic and willing to butt into other conversations.

No overcooked

I like how they got various games that were in game polls in the past but lost. Like Scott pilgrim and Tekken 7

That's a little disappointing, Overcooked is easily my favourite local multiplayer game. But yes, I love that they've fit in Tekken 7 and Pyre after those disappointing losses. Pity they couldn't get some Patapon in there too.

Where's the game schedule at? Didn't catch the group stream

Sounds like they're making a fancy graphic and putting it up on Twitter tomorrow. Not sure why they couldn't have just quickly posted the list on Patreon first but I just went back through the stream and wrote this up:

Friday
10pm Super Mario Sunshine (14 hour playthrough w/ the Allies taking shifts)

Saturday
12pm Pac-Man Versus (Blood)
2pm Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze (Damiani)
4pm Shadow of the Colossus (Damiani)
6pm Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Ben & Huber)
7pm Pyre
8pm Jackbox Party Pack 3
9pm Mario Kart 8
10pm Bloodborne Jolly Co-op (Ian & Brad)

Sunday
12am Resident Evil 2, Leon B (Huber)
4am SSX (Jones)
6am Mega Man X (Ben)
7am Metal Slug 3 (Ben & Don)
8am Banjo Tooie (Blood & Bosman)
10am Beautiful Katamari (Blood)
11am WWE 2k17 (Brad & Huber)
12pm Yakuza 0 (Brad & Ben)
2pm Sengoku (Don)
3pm Wave Race 64 (Don)
4pm Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Brad, Ian & Don)
5pm Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Brad, Ian & Don)
6pm Grand Theft Auto Online (Jones)
7pm Dishonored 2 Settle It! (Huber & Bosman)
8pm Scott Pilgrim vs the World (Huber & Bosman)
9pm Screencheat
10pm Tekken 7 Tournament

I hope I got everything right.

Hopefully Blood can fit everything up on the website so we can get some localised times.

Hasney

Oof. Well, at least I can just catch the highlights for the start and not feel the need to catch up. Ben was right, should have been MGS.

Dmax3901

Thanks to SomeGameNews I finally got round to watching the Allies watching Devolver's conference live, was surprised to see how not into it some of them were (namely Huber, Brad and Ben). Now I'm not saying all kinds of comedy appeals to everyone, but usually the Allies are so in sync with their interests.

To see Kyle, Damiani and Ian really appreciate it and the others be, at best confused, at worst aggravated, was strange.

Thanks to SomeGameNews I finally got round to watching the Allies watching Devolver's conference live, was surprised to see how not into it some of them were (namely Huber, Brad and Ben). Now I'm not saying all kinds of comedy appeals to everyone, but usually the Allies are so in sync with their interests.

To see Kyle, Damiani and Ian really appreciate it and the others be, at best confused, at worst aggravated, was strange.

You should seek out their full reaction to it, because you're pretty wrong in who liked it and who didn't.

Auctopus

I feel like there could be less games in the schedule in favour of having more time with others. An hour for some of those titles isn't really enough time to get in to a groove. I think Bosman did say in the Gundam stream that the schedule isn't set in stone, though.

dickroach

I don't get why they set up a schedule at all. should have thrown all those names in a hat, picked three of them out every couple of hours, and had chat vote on what got played next.... something like that

Hasney

A minority of simultaneous mulltiplayer games in that whole line-up is a real bummer. Like, just an hour on one Jackbox which is probably going to be the most entertaining thing. May as well just streamed at Jones and had people walk in on their playthroughs of those single player games.

I mean, they're bringing a Gamecube/Wii and a Wii U and there's no Smash? For real?

Mista Koo

Are the names of the players or the couch? I hope there is never only one person on stream.

The thing I don't like the most is 15 hours of Mario Sunshine, I'd rather have 15 games in that slot instead. Although I assume it's for people to be able to sleep and get ready for the rest. I'd probably prefer more multiplayer games too.

Also the Sengoku segment should include Huber (duh, it's a beat em up game). And maybe have 2 and 3 as well.

I feel like there could be less games in the schedule in favour of having more time with others. An hour for some of those titles isn't really enough time to get in to a groove. I think Bosman did say in the Gundam stream that the schedule isn't set in stone, though.
I have the opposite feeling. I was hoping for 50 games (similar to Waypoint's launch stream). And not necessarily a game an hour, just go by the mood and whether people are feeling the game or not.

Huber and Ben get hyped often and are positive about most games. Kyle, Damiani, and Ian are often negative and pessimistic about games. The Devolver thing was a sarcastic satire that makes fun of hype and games media. I don't think it's strange.

It's weird when people tie the Devolver thing into whatever they perceive our general attitude to be. As if it went against some sort of DnD alignment and we can't dislike it for legitimate reasons. I just thought the whole thing wasn't funny. Satire, sure, but not very well done in my opinion. I think there's a lot to rightfully criticize about hype culture, but the conference just took the most obvious stuff in the most obvious way. Very little bite.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the Y0 beach segment will be Brad's first time with the series.
Huber, Ben, Brad sitting down for some evergreen Yakuza talk after Brad makes it through 0 at some point I would still love that.
Also Kiwami hitting 5 days before the new announcement will be hype. Yakuza Zeitgeist revival.

It's weird when people tie the Devolver thing into whatever they perceive our general attitude to be. As if it went against some sort of DnD alignment and we can't dislike it for legitimate reasons. I just thought the whole thing wasn't funny. Satire, sure, but not very well done in my opinion. I think there's a lot to rightfully criticize about hype culture, but the conference just took the most obvious stuff in the most obvious way. Very little bite.

It was complete fucking wank, let's be honest.

The thing I don't like the most is 15 hours of Mario Sunshine, I'd rather have 15 games in that slot instead. Although I assume it's for people to be able to sleep and get ready for the rest. I'd probably prefer more multiplayer games too.

10pm to 12pm is 14 hours, so I'm not sure where Jones got 15 from.

But yeah, it's bizarre they're dedicating that huge chunk of the stream to one game, especially to kick things off.

Hasney

10pm to 12pm is 14 hours, so I'm not sure where Jones got 15 from.

But yeah, it's bizarre they're dedicating that huge chunk of the stream to one game, especially to kick things off.

And a game that is generally regarded as the worst of the 3D Marios, even if I do like it. 3D World with drop-in/drop-out would be the best. Galaxy 1 or 2 if they have to do a controller pass. Dedicating that time to other games even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom