• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

How is EZA more American friendly than GT? Did they even have meet ups with GT? What an odd gauge to use there since all meet ups essentially hits where they live which makes absolute sense. I don't see them making any appearances in Texas anytime soon or ever. Which is perfectly fine.

Plus a lot more stream During the day so they're more worldwide friendly than me who lives in the central time zone. Outside the group stream and Huber and Brad the rest are while I'm at work or sleeping. I think they mix it up quite a bit. Versus GT had 1 hour streams that started in the evenings every day (besides Jones and Kyles GT streams)

Aa for the community I do think they're better than most but that doesn't mean they're going to be perfect and don't ever try to prop them (or any group) up as one. The difference is I do think the allies do try to be as inclusive as possible and that's all you can really ask for. Twitter, here, on stream, Q&As, etc they do a good job reaching out and responding. I don't really pay attention to any perceived cliques. That just seems like silly high school drama stuff I have no interest in. I'm not saying they don't exist but for me personally I've had no issues or run ins. And it has little influence in my participation of EZA content.

Edit also I never go to their discord. I post in twitch, here and an occasional twitter post.

ShadyK54

:) managed to get banned on EZA discord cause I spoke out strongly(I admittingly stirred it up but I do believe it was justified I got so fucking sick of reading these baseless statements of people shitting on stuff with no logic at all) against the hypocrisy of people just being jerks, and making false statements on Damiani.
I'm happy that I did it in so far that I really don't want to be the guy anymore just silently taking that stuff. That said yeah I'm over "this community being better" it's honestly like any other bad and good parts I will just enjoy EZA content in silence now.

Just read over what happened in there, and man that sucks. Weird how this place/thread is the "dark place" when admittedly the attitudes of the people that post in the discord seem/are way worse than those that post in here. It's a big part of the reason I refrain from posting in there in the first place.

Either way, sucks that things ended up for you like that.

A_Dang

Listening to the podcast this morning, and I just wanted to say that I loved the discussion about PewDiePie and his recent racist "whoops." I've not finished the episode but Positive Ben and Intentional Jones were great. The positive vibes throughout the episode were really noticeable and felt great. Certainly be free to be yourselves, and don't feel like you need to put anything on for us, but this was an especially feel-good episode.

Ian, if you ever see this: I think most in the EZA community would agree, having empathy towards people that are "other" than yourself in anyway does not make you an "SJW," it makes you a reasonable and compassionate human being...which, you know, is something we should all strive to be.

The generally positive and optimistic attitude is a major selling point of the Easy Allies to me. When I tell my friends about EZA the lead distinguishing factor I point out and use to encourage new listeners is how respectful and jolly the crew is. Super snarky and jaded gaming coverage is really commonplace (in my experience), and often times feels easy and cheap, it can be hard work to love the industry enough to stay positive, and be hopeful that those working in it want to continue making it better for people playing games and making them.

When "Love and Respect" has become a motto for a crew and their fans you've done something right.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Just read over what happened in there, and man that sucks. Weird how this place/thread is the "dark place" when admittedly the attitudes of the people that post in the discord seem/are way worse than those that post in here. It's a big part of the reason I refrain from posting in there in the first place.

It's all cool but I appreciate this :).
And just wanna say me not seeking to engage for now doesn't mean I'll shut anyone down coming to me that wants to chat jrpgs etc.
Despite it all I'll still have chats with people that I met on discord.
In the end I think it's for the better since I don't have to get upset over the same people over there and they won't have to deal with a "troublemaker".

ShadyK54

Echoing A_Dang on the PDP stuff in the podcast. Really well handled.

Something funny though: Kyle struggles to correctly say 'DMCA', gets it down, then proceeds to botch it every time thereafter.

Auctopus

How is EZA more American friendly than GT? Did they even have meet ups with GT? What an odd gauge to use there since all meet ups essentially hits where they live which makes absolute sense. I don't see them making any appearances in Texas anytime soon or ever. Which is perfectly fine.

I didn't say it was their fault or that it was a particularly negative point. I just said it was the reality of how it felt.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Not been watching as much EZA content this week. Even fallen out of watching Tabletop because Fame kinda broke the whole thing for me and isn't a good replacement. Feels like an off period for them? Patreon seems to be reflecting it too. Box Peek had better be real good honestly to make up for Bosman's performance anxiety over doing another short News/Topic show. No Woz stream or very occasional At Home makes it feel like he's doing a lot less (obviously I know he's still busy).

How is EZA more American friendly than GT?

The big weekly event group stream is completely inaccessible to Europeans with lives. The Gundam stream is great because I can actually watch it passively as its on rather than have to line up several hours to "catch up", but even the Knack 2 stream started at a terrible time. It feels like something that's rarely considered other than some of Ben's streams.

Ultimadrago

:) managed to get banned on EZA discord cause I spoke out strongly(I admittingly stirred it up but I do believe it was justified I got so fucking sick of reading these baseless statements of people shitting on stuff with no logic at all) against the hypocrisy of people just being jerks, and making false statements on Damiani.
I'm happy that I did it in so far that I really don't want to be the guy anymore just silently taking that stuff. That said yeah I'm over "this community being better" it's honestly like any other bad and good parts I will just enjoy EZA content in silence now.

I wasn't even aware EZA had a Discord. I'm sorry to hear that. I'd never want to see you silent on the forums (though I'd also not argrue that NeoGAF is a much better place than anywhere).

I don't know the specifics, but you're a good poster from what I've seen here and I doubt you would want to go out of your way to make the place uncomfortable for anyone not acting out. It sucks that the environment compelled such action from you.

And just wanna say me not seeking to engage for now doesn't mean I'll shut anyone down coming to me that wants to chat jrpgs etc.

Well, I am curious how you came up with that amusing idea for a Polly avatar!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't even aware EZA had a Discord. I'm sorry to hear that. I'd never want to see you silent on the forums (though I'd also not argrue that NeoGAF is a much better place than anywhere).

I don't know the specifics, but you're a good poster from what I've seen here and I doubt you would want to go out of your way to make the place uncomfortable for anyone not acting out. It sucks that the environment compelled such action from you.

Well, I am curious how you came up with that amusing idea for a Polly avatar!

I'm goofing a lot on the falcom discord(I'm on there as Punished Polly for the moment) this avatar among many other things have been result of that :) . Also of course randomly thinking of punished huber played a part in the idea.

I'm barely into the Marvel vs Capcom tournament stream, so no spoilers please, but how the fuck is Huber having to watch one of the greatest comedies ever made a forfeit?

Or is it just a case of Bosman wanting Huber to watch it and this is the only way?

slash3584

I'm barely into the Marvel vs Capcom tournament stream, so no spoilers please, but how the fuck is Huber having to watch one of the greatest comedies ever made a forfeit?

Or is it just a case of Bosman wanting Huber to watch it and this is the only way?

I think Huber hates comedies or something.

ShadyK54

Huber just hates comedies, or rather is 'picky' about them, so losing a bet like that would probably be the only way he watches it.

Man, this podcast rotation is still my favorite-- it's so good.

And Mr. Ben Moore, you're just the best.

RNvAy2z.png

Ben, Best Buy has been the number one retailer for people who love gaming ever since Gamer's Club Unlocked launched. What's wrong with you?

I've had several bad experiences with Best Buy that have made me not want to shop there.

Edit: Gamer's Club seems great though, so nothing against it, just a personal decision. Amazon is my go to.

I've had several bad experiences with Best Buy that have made me not want to shop there.

Edit: Gamer's Club seems great though, so nothing against it, just a personal decision. Amazon is my go to.

That's fair. I actually don't really remember what going into a Best Buy feels like anymore. All of the games I buy from them just ship to my house a day or two before release now. Plus everything is $48 or less due to the 20% off and all of the coupons you get from them.

Still, bad experiences are bad experiences.

dickroach

Best Buy is without a question the best place to get (new) games. 20% off anything anytime

lol I just looked at it. you turned one guy saying that Damiani strikes him as overly critical into a 30 minute argument that ended with you telling the mods "ban me"
c'mon

also what if Kyle never replaced "You're The One Who Started This Conversation" with "Love & Respect"? I wanna see that alternate timeline

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy is without a question the best place to get (new) games. 20% off anything anytime

lol I just looked at it. you turned one guy saying that Damiani strikes him as overly critical into a 30 minute argument that ended with you telling the mods "ban me"
c'mon

also what if Kyle never replaced "You're The One Who Started This Conversation" with "Love & Respect"? I wanna see that alternate timeline

If that's how you took it that's cool. In any case DarkKnight has a point with this is some highschool drama bs. People that care enough can go on there and make their own picture of the situation. But I think the thread here is ready to move on. I'm sorry even bringing it up I admittingly was venting my disappointment.

That's fair. I actually don't really remember what going into a Best Buy feels like anymore. All of the games I buy from them just ship to my house a day or two before release now. Plus everything is $48 or less due to the 20% off and all of the coupons you get from them.

Still, bad experiences are bad experiences.

I should give it another shot!

abrack08

Just now getting around to the MvC:I tournament. I was down on this game based on the footage shown at events and the demo (and I've never actually played MvC...) but it actually looks really good.

I'm glad that Kyle actually went ahead and had the podcast address the PDP situation. I know his general philosophy on topics like this but I thought it made for an interesting listen and had great participation from the whole crew. I felt each member had standout moments that wasn't just rote or played out talking points and Kyle poked just enough as moderator

Topics like this can get dicey but how they Went about that discussion underscores why I'm big fans of the crew.

The added bonus was Hubers tweet about him listening to the podcast and liking it too

I'm glad that Kyle actually went ahead and had the podcast address the PDP situation. I know his general philosophy on topics like this but I thought it made for an interesting listen and had great participation from the whole crew. I felt each member had standout moments that wasn't just rote or played out talking points and Kyle poked just enough as moderator

Topics like this can get dicey but how they Went about that discussion underscores why I'm big fans of the crew.

The added bonus was Hubers tweet about him listening to the podcast and liking it too

Kyle was trying to frame the discussion around Campo Santo DCMAs, though. I thought it was the right angle for the discussion but the panel steered more into their opinions around PDP acts.

They did alright but to me it's so obvious to condemn PDP hate speech. But they talked enough about the DCMAs anyway.

Kyle was trying to frame the discussion around Campo Santo DCMAs, though. I thought it was the right angle for the discussion but the panel steered more into their opinions around PDP acts.

They did alright but to me it's so obvious to condemn PDP hate speech. But they talked enough about the DCMAs anyway.
That was the starting point but he didn't box them into it. And sure it Maybe obvious but it wasn't some canned "racism is bad" response. They approached it I think with the right amount... I'm struggling for the right word but I'd guess sincerity? They weren't flippant, or hyperbolic. They explored not just the DCMA aspects but all around it including themselves and the realities of doing things live and the power of words and being held accountable for them

Yep, the PDP discussion was fantastic. They handled it really well. Some of it may be fairly "obvious" and certainly expected given we are talking about the Allies here (such as condemning racism), but it's extremely welcome none the less.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Please tell me someone has a GIF of Kyle during the Direct reaction stream where he notices chat is telling him that his phone is on the edge of the table, looks down slowly, then slightly nudges it further.

Maximo

Every social media/place thinks their better then the other, GAFs benefit is the good work done by the mods.

Damiani: "I don't play tournaments for the prizes, Kyle. I play them for fun."

You should try telling your face that sometimes, pal.

The guy no doubt watching videos for tips every time a tournament comes around while the rest are laughing and joking with each other is the guy who plays for fun...

And he did it again. He got absolutely destroyed in the opening of the final game and rather than even try to fight back he just gave up. Such a bad loser.

wmlk

The guy no doubt watching videos for tips every time a tournament comes around while the rest are laughing and joking with each other is the guy who plays for fun...

And he did it again. He got absolutely destroyed in the opening of the final game and rather than even try to fight back he just gave up. Such a bad loser.

Competition is fun. There's no grudge here. He lost, he was upset at himself and showed it, people moved on. No big deal.

You think for example people in EVO don't have fun?

Happens all the time in sports. People spend the next week talking about how pathetic it was that LeBron didn't have the grace to shake hands after losing after giving it his all. Why, I never!

Is this really necessary? You sound far saltier than he did.

Also, it's completely ridiculous to argue that "watching videos for tips" somehow equals "not playing for fun."

Is this really necessary? You sound far saltier than he did.

Also, it's completely ridiculous to argue that "watching videos for tips" somehow equals "not playing for fun."

"Watching tips to cheese his way to victory" more like.

I like it when they're all sat around having a laugh, Damiani included. He's excellent when he's involved, but during tournaments he separates himself from the group and becomes far too serious.

And as for your first point; what's the point of an Easy Allies thread if not to discuss things that have happened during Easy Allies streams or videos?

wmlk

"Watching tips to cheese his way to victory" more like.

I like it when they're all sat around having a laugh, Damiani included. He's excellent when he's involved, but during tournaments he separates himself from the group and becomes far too serious.

And as for your first point; what's the point of an Easy Allies thread if not to discuss things that have happened during Easy Allies streams or videos?

How is it cheesing if these are intended systems in the game? Shit like this is dogmatic to fighting games man.

Having an opinion isn't a problem, but making a claim like Damiani isn't doing this for fun is silly. You think he participated for the Snorlax slippers? No, he did this because seriously competing for him is fun.

Others don't take it as seriously, and that's fine too.

How is it cheesing if these are intended systems in the game? Shit like this is dogmatic to fighting games man.

Having an opinion isn't a problem, but making a claim like Damiani isn't doing this for fun is silly. You think he participated for the Snorlax slippers? No, he did this because seriously competing for him is fun.

Others don't take it as seriously, and that's fine too.

But it's not serious competing. That's the point. If he enjoys competing so much why is he not entering actual competitions? He'd have a ball. He's good enough to put up a decent fight.

He probably couldn't give a tuppeny fuck about the slippers, but he's determined to win all the same.

wmlk

But it's not serious competing. That's the point. If he enjoys competing so much why is he not entering actual competitions? He'd have a ball. He's good enough to put up a decent fight.

He probably couldn't give a tuppeny fuck about the slippers, but he's determined to win all the same.
Dude, it doesn't have to be black and white. You can be competitive at your current environment and take it seriously. You don't have to enter tournaments to take competition seriously.

There are always people at different levels taking different competitions seriously. You can go to basketball games in your local park where people are trying hard to win, and they're upset when they lose after trying so hard. These people enjoy competition. This happens everywhere.

If he enjoys competition so much why does he stop playing the second he goes behind?

He likes winning, he likes beating people to a pulp. That's what he likes.

Hasney

It wasn't the second he went behind, come on. It was after several consecutive matches and getting hammered in the last one. He couldn't win, why prolong it?

dickroach

Wouldn't he have to like go away and charge for 5 episodes straight? Tune in for the conclusion to the MvC:I tournament in November!
nahh, his second character would recover a little right before the first one dies, come in, do a shit ton of damage, and then the first character swaps back in and finishes it off with a special
standard stuff

Top Bottom