• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

Damiani tilted. That's all there is to it, lol

I wish every ally would search for tips, certain complex games would have a better competition that way. But they mostly play funny/simpler games for the tournament anyway (e.g.: tekken bowl was supposed to be the game this week)

I sat and watched the EZA Nintendo Direct stream, last night. I have to say, I felt really sorry for Kyle when the Mario Odyssey stuff came on. Most of the Allies just made joyful sounds about what they were seeing, and in doing so not giving much away about what was on screen, but Damiani kept shouting stuff out, essentially spoiling stuff for Kyle. :(

"Watching tips to cheese his way to victory" more like.

I like it when they're all sat around having a laugh, Damiani included. He's excellent when he's involved, but during tournaments he separates himself from the group and becomes far too serious.

And as for your first point; what's the point of an Easy Allies thread if not to discuss things that have happened during Easy Allies streams or videos?

They all act differently on tournament streams than they do on normal group streams, so I really don't know where you're coming from. There's way more banter, for example, especially from and to Bosman (my favourite was Blood's "have you picked up the controller yet" quip after Huber crushed Kyle like a bug).

Personally, Damiani reminds me of a guy I used to know who basically tried to "figure out" the games he played and then use it to troll people. I don't really see what the big deal is. Whether he looked up tips, I have no idea, did they actually mention that on stream or are you just making shit up? They decided to play MvC:I on the day, so he wouldn't have had much prep time.

If he enjoys competition so much why does he stop playing the second he goes behind?

He likes winning, he likes beating people to a pulp. That's what he likes.

Dude, you're crossing the line from salty rants to making shit up and weird psycho-analysis. Please stop.

abrack08

I do think letting go of the controller mid match in the Grand Finals is pretty poor sportsmanship, it's like saying "Whatever, you win, I'm not playing anymore" and flipping the Monopoly board off the table before the game is over. Though I guess not as bad since it doesn't send a bunch of pieces flying everywhere.

I also think it's really not that big a deal. I get salty losing in fighting games too, I smashed and broke a PS3 controller playing Persona 4 Arena (and it felt REAL good at the time). If anything it's kinda funny when they get salty at games, as long as it doesn't go overboard.

That's your retort? Just don't bother next time.

Why?

He enjoys competition. That's what you said. His fun comes from competing against others.

So, then, why does he put the controller down and stop competing when he goes behind?

He's done it in Mario Kart, he's done it in NBA and he's done it now in Marvel vs. Capcom. If his fun comes from competing then trying to come back from a losing position would surely be the greatest fun he could possibly have?

Listen; this really isn't a big deal but, as usual in this thread, everyone is quick to jump to the defence of every little thing the Allies do even if it's something that doesn't need defending.

He never looks like he's having fun during these tournaments (unless he's easing to victories or using some cheesy little strat) - Hence my "You should tell your face" joke. That's right, a joke! Remember those?

I like Damiani. A lot. That's why I get a little miffed when he takes himself away from the group during the tournament streams to look up tips and shit, rather than taking part in the conversations and having a laugh. I know he likes to watch over chat too, but he doesn't need to be off camera every time he's not playing.

Hasney

Listen; this really isn't a big deal but, as usual in this thread, everyone is quick to jump to the defence of every little thing the Allies do even if it's something that doesn't need defending.

Oh just fuck off with this. It just reads like salt because people weren't agreeing with you. You brought up the most minor thing, most people said it didn't bother them and you said it's not a big deal yet you have to keep bringing it up like you said for discussion, while everyone else is discussing it but since not many others saw it as an issue, it's suddenly "JUMPING TO THE DEFENCE". You're right, it doesn't need defending. It's so minor it doesn't need bringing up at all, but since it was, it was discussed.

Maybe we should have just ignored your post entirely, but I thought this thread was to discuss things that happened on streams?

Oh just fuck off with this. It just reads like salt because people weren't agreeing with you. You brought up the most minor thing, most people said it didn't bother them and you said it's not a big deal yet you have to keep bringing it up like you said for discussion, while everyone else is discussing it but since not many others saw it as an issue, it's suddenly "JUMPING TO THE DEFENCE". You're right, it doesn't need defending. It's so minor it doesn't need bringing up at all, but since it was, it was discussed.

Maybe we should have just ignored your post entirely, but I thought this thread was to discuss things that happened on streams?

I brought it up because I wanted to tell JOKE!

Fucking hell.

"I play for fun" he says with an incredibly grumpy face. Oh, there's a joke to be made here.

We were having a conversation. I posted my HILARIOUS joke, others replied, I replied back. That's how forums work. I didn't keep bringing it up. If it was so minor then people would have just ignored it, but they can't because every single thing needs to be defended.

On a happier note;

Daniel Bloodworth‏ @dbloodworth2

Got to a couple costume shops today. Not as promising as I'd hoped but at least now I have some reference for what I need to order online.

Can't wait for this stream. Has Blood ever played a Souls game before?

Watching the latest Huber Syndrome,
I know that feel Ben
Destiny 1
DJpEW5gV4AEKOXU

Destiny 2
DJEy1WpVoAE9iAt

I brought it up because I wanted to tell JOKE!

Fucking hell.

"I play for fun" he says with an incredibly grumpy face. Oh, there's a joke to be made here.

We were having a conversation. I posted my HILARIOUS joke, others replied, I replied back. That's how forums work. I didn't keep bringing it up. If it was so minor then people would have just ignored it, but they can't because every single thing needs to be defended.

It's a little hard to buy that it was just a joke when you doubled, tripled, quadrupled, etc. down on it in the following replies.

Anyway, I'm trying to watch the Nintendo Direct stream and uh, this is pretty awful. Do they sort out the audio at some point or should I just skip to the post-Direct discussion? I don't understand why they'd turn chat off before the show starts.

Hasney

Anyway, I'm trying to watch the Nintendo Direct stream and uh, this is pretty awful. Do they sort out the audio at some point or should I just skip to the post-Direct discussion? I don't understand why they'd turn chat off before the show starts.

It does get a little better after Pokemon but not perfect or really good enough. Next time they really need to limit the people to the number of mics and headphones they have and have other people off to the side like E3. They can jump into the discussion on the post-show.

Karu

As soon as Kyle said, let's turn ff chat, I was like "ohhh no", but good on the non-attending allies to text them during the stream. It gets better, never perfect, though. I would say, if you don't have enough mics (I understood that was the prob right?) either

A. buy more mics or the necessary equipment

OOOOR (and that might be more doable)

B. Kick Allies off the stream so you have the proper number.

Took a quick look at the Kinda Funny stream, sounded perfect.

Was really happy with the Podcast, especially the PDP discussion as many others have already mentioned.
Tabletop lost me again. :D The current combat scenario is somewhat confusing to me.

In another super frustrating note...
The Switch Joy Cons are absolutely killing me. Everytime I detach them to play in Dock mode, it becomes an absolute shit show. To get them work and react properly I either have to sit 50cm in front of the TV or turn off basically all Wifi devices or the Wifi itself. For a controller that is 67€ that is ridiclious. Do I really have to buy a friggin Pro Controller now, which I never intended to do or send it in to Nintendo? Good god, what a hassle. Not even a launch console.

Hasney

Send it into Nintendo. There's a "manufacturing defect" or some shit that on;y affects some units, but they add some conductive foam to it and it seems to work.

It does get a little better after Pokemon but not perfect or really good enough. Next time they really need to limit the people to the number of mics and headphones they have and have other people off to the side like E3. They can jump into the discussion on the post-show.

As soon as Kyle said, let's turn ff chat, I was like "ohhh no", but good on the non-attending allies to text them during the stream. It gets better, never perfect, though. I would say, if you don't have enough mics (I understood that was the prob right?) either

A. buy more mics or the necessary equipment

OOOOR (and that might be more doable)

B. Kick Allies off the stream so you have the proper number.

Took a quick look at the Kinda Funny stream, sounded perfect.

Thanks for the replies. I watched it up until they "fixed" it but once I realised they'd only made it slightly less terrible, I couldn't stand any more. It pains me to say it but that's some amateur hour stuff. They should know how to get these things right by now and to at least make sure chat is happy with it.

It sucks because I missed the Direct yesterday and wanted it watch it via EZA but I guess I'll just watch the direct feed video and skip to EZA's post-Direct discussion.

Karu

Judging by posts in this thread, you just send in the Joycon

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1380489

YMMV but seems like it was a 4 day turnaround too with free shipping both ways. Hopefully that's not just America.
Thanks man, appreciate it. Sent an email to their support, will see what they have to say. Super bummed that I can't play the Switch for a while now, especially with Golf Story eventually being released in the next two weeks. Ugh.

Thanks for the replies. I watched it up until they "fixed" it but once I realised they'd only made it slightly less terrible, I couldn't stand any more. It pains me to say it but that's some amateur hour stuff. They should know how to get these things right by now and to at least make sure chat is happy with it.

It sucks because I missed the Direct yesterday and wanted it watch it via EZA but I guess I'll just watch the direct feed video and skip to EZA's post-Direct discussion.

Yeah, we weren't as prepared as we should have been, and then got compounded with unlucky circumstances. We swapped out mic setups at the last minute, but we used some videos to test audio and everything sounded ok when we played it back. The TV was actually barely audible in the room, so I was shocked by how much it actually picked up on the mics once I got home and heard the archive. We're already working to make sure things are better for TGS.

Yeah, we weren't as prepared as we should have been, and then got compounded with unlucky circumstances. We swapped out mic setups at the last minute, but we used some videos to test audio and everything sounded ok when we played it back. The TV was actually barely audible in the room, so I was shocked by how much it actually picked up on the mics once I got home and heard the archive. We're already working to make sure things are better for TGS.

Cheers, Blood. Mistakes happen but it's good to hear it'll be better next week.

CyReN

Loving these podcast size Huber Syndrome videos, wouldn't mind them for each major release if possible to discuss things.

abrack08

Nevermind, I forgot the Beta was only available at certain times. I was hoping today's Dojo stream was DBZ since no game is listed but the Beta doesn't even start until tomorrow.

wandering

Banned
Yep, the PDP discussion was fantastic. They handled it really well. Some of it may be fairly "obvious" and certainly expected given we are talking about the Allies here (such as condemning racism), but it's extremely welcome none the less.

Haven't listened to the podcast yet but I'm glad to hear this. I appreciate the fact that the Allies try to keep it upbeat and positive but I also want them to be willing to speak out on social issues. With the gaming community overrun with so much toxic crap like this, I feel like wading into the weeds to take a stand is necessary. That's why I really like that Ian is so consistently outspoken, even though he may alienate some viewers.

ToonLink

Just finished watching the podcast. That was a fantastic episode all around. I found myself laughing a lot
(especially that Shenmue moment)
, as usual, but most of all, I loved the PDP discussion.

I was wondering whether or not it would come up at all (I hoped that it would), but not only did they discuss it, they handled it with tact. I don't want to bring other channels or personalities into this, so I won't get into details, but I've been a bit disappointed about how the topic was framed by some other people over the past few days. It was refreshing to see the Allies tackle the subject in a mature and responsible manner.

As others have said, it's to be expected from the Allies, but it re-affirmed why I love watching EZA so much. The atmosphere and community they try to promote is a really positive and inclusive one. It may not be perfect, as Ben said, but I really appreciate the sincere effort.

Dmax3901

I foolishly got involved in the YouTube comments for this weeks podcast (yeah I know) and one particular stupid mother fucker seems to have had his comment, and all comments stemming from it, deleted. Never seen that before. Probably for the best.

There are so many uneducated, apathetic people out there man it gets me down.

farisr

I know Bloodworth actively moderates the comments when he has a chance, so he may have laid some smackdown.
I do not envy having to do something like this on a regular basis.

My channel has the most popular version of the FF7R + Shenmue reaction, and I have to delete so many comments about Elyse. Just due to the sheer volume of comments some have probably gotten through, but whenever I come across something like that, I delete it/hide user from channel.

Dmax3901

I do not envy having to do something like this on a regular basis.

My channel has the most popular version of the FF7R + Shenmue reaction, and I have to delete so many comments about Elyse. Just due to the sheer volume of comments some have probably gotten through, but whenever I come across something like that, I delete it/hide user from channel.

You're doing gods work.

Also man I miss your vids.

I know Bloodworth actively moderates the comments when he has a chance, so he may have laid some smackdown.

I've been out most of the day, so I'm not sure what happened or who may have deleted it. I'll certainly remove comments if they're just straight up attacks, etc.

ToonLink

I foolishly got involved in the YouTube comments for this weeks podcast (yeah I know) and one particular stupid mother fucker seems to have had his comment, and all comments stemming from it, deleted. Never seen that before. Probably for the best.

There are so many uneducated, apathetic people out there man it gets me down.

So many of the top comments are a complete and utter mess. This is why I generally avoid even looking at YouTube comments most of the time.

Kneefoil

I feel like people often exaggerate how bad YouTube comments are. What the comments are like depends on the community, of course, but I think that for the most part they're all right, EZA comment sections included.

Top Bottom