• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

I'm excited to see what they do with the community comments slot. It was something that needed reworking. Watching chat when it was announced nobody was upset so it was clearly the right call

I'm Also really happy to see them doing an active patron recruitment drive on Friday

Bahorel

I'm excited to see what they do with the community comments slot. It was something that needed reworking. Watching chat when it was announced nobody was upset so it was clearly the right call

I'm Also really happy to see them doing an active patron recruitment drive on Friday

I'm really really happy to see some proactivity and reshaping. This might be exactly the thing they need to keep it growing again , and either way it's good to remove things that aren't working to make way for new developments

That being said, I did enjoy the community videos and appreciate the ones that were made!

Auctopus

FIFA was great - I know Hasney and a few others said but they should've done local multiplayer from the start.

Community Comments confirmed done. $10 tier replaced with something else. more changes to the Patreon going to be announced on the Friday stream

Great news. A whole lot of man hours for what amounts to little more than fan-service. Hopefully that takes a bit of pressure off the editing bench.

Par Score

Community Comments confirmed done. $10 tier replaced with something else. more changes to the Patreon going to be announced on the Friday stream

Totally the right call.

Of all the things I could be listening to Jones read out, comments from other Patrons is just about the bottom of the list.

Hasney

Don't think it's been mentioned, but there will be a special community comments stream for the comments of June, July and August with Brandon reading them out on stream and Bosman laughing at him.

Karu

Kyle throwing shade towards the Schalke arena and Huber/Ian trying to pronounce Veltins was the funniest. :D
The 2v2 matches were great fun, very glad all the allies were into it in regards to the competition.

Fifa is basically the only EA Sports title I can relate at least a little bit to. Both Basketball and Ice hockey just have too wacky, over complicated controls,not to mention ofc that I know more about the rules of football.
Might buy the Switch version down the line. Will be really interesting to see how the third parties handle sales on the console. I can't imagine they will be forced to go much lower than 50/60%, even for like Doom or something 2 years down the line.

Axass

Whelp, I don't think anyone will cry for Community Comments being dead, also we get new stuff out of it, best case scenario so far.

Also good on them for honouring the last few months of Community Comments by doing that stream.

ShadyK54

I was rooting for Huber. :(

The topic of the PowerPoint presentation is meh. Would have hoped for a more open topic and maybe gaming related. I guess now we're getting three almost identical presentations.

Not like they can’t tie it into video games somehow. And I’d like to think they’ll all be anything but identical to each other lol.

_Ryo_

Great results show! End was fantastic.

I am confused about one thing though.

So the winner of TGS, and PGW will compete against the winner of PSX and of those three the winner will go against Ultima Brad. It's gonna be a 1 v 1 for E3?

Hasney

Great results show! End was fantastic.

I am confused about one thing though.

So the winner of TGS, and PGW will compete against the winner of PSX and of those three the winner will go against Ultima Brad. It's gonna be a 1 v 1 for E3?

West division winner of TGS Vs Coast Division winner of Paris at PSX.

The winner takes on Brad 1v1 most likely with the usual picking teams dynamic.

Fou-Lu

That was amazing. One of the best games of Bowser Blast ever played. As soon as Huber let himself move from yellow he lost.

farisr

I'm guessing Kyle meant that the next results show will be in November, cause the Sony PGW conference is on October 30th.

Philippo

That Mario Party segment:

tenor.gif

Also watched the Souls Retro Pt.2 and i really appreciate how you can feel Brad's love and respect for the series and Miyazaki. It's also great to see him grow as a journalist and write more complex pieces, hope he'll go back to more reviews once the retrospective is done.

munchie64

Obviously, we still have the PGW and PSX winner before we decide who takes on Ultima, but I'm pretty happy with
Ian winning here. I feel he can take Brad on pretty evenly.

The Betting Special Mario Party finale was great but at the same time, the fact three of them made it through with only 4 points each highlighted how poor Kyle's format and questions were. Shocking work. Huber's gonna show him how it's done.

On a completely different subject, while I liked the Battle Royale segment on the podcast, especially Hoeg Law's input, I thought they glossed over what I feel like should be a big talking point and that's Fortnite Battle Royale's competitive advantages over PUBG: Far better performance, F2P and available on consoles NOW, not "2017" (Xbox) or "later" (PS4). It kinda reminds me of those Minecraft ripoffs that appeared on the Xbox Indie store before Minecraft got its 360 release but in this case, it isn't just a cheap ripoff, it's a high profile game, so I'm pretty sure it'll make a dent in PUBG's sales.

Oh and as for the next gen discussion. I don't see the point of Sony announcing the PS5 in 2019 when the PS4 will just be coming off its peak years, nor do I see Microsoft releasing a new console only two years after the One X. So I'm betting on 2020. I also think all the rolling upgrades talk from Microsoft will be thrown out the minute Sony announces a proper next gen system.

Mista Koo

The Betting Special Mario Party finale was great but at the same time, the fact three of them made it through with only 4 points each highlighted how poor Kyle's format and questions were. Shocking work. Huber's gonna show him how it's done.
Yep.

Also the final bets shouldn't be this long and complicated. Like Ben's Sega would apologize was perfect, absurd but possible.

Yes,
Ian (artificial length wool)
wins the bets!

That end was amazing. Go watch it.
You realize that his name is the only one that fits in that spoiler tag, right?

Auctopus

Not a fan of the Twitch/Discord mods anyway. I've stopped interacting with them now after I was getting lectured about the Allies by one of them.

Was that really as far as that conversation went? You were just joking around about an already silly question and they banned you?

Auctopus

What's wrong with the twitch mods?

I'm gonna edit my original comment 'cause it was a little inflammatory. They're very cliquey to me and don't particularly moderate very well besides banning the obvious hate speech. They've treated some users quite unfairly in the past and will usually ignore users who need assistance if they know/like them much.

I know Brandon said in a Cup of Jones a while ago that they were trying to improve moderation and to be fair, around the time it became bad like Christmas/New Year time and they got funny with me so maybe they've gotten better since then but I've just stuck to muting the chat/certain users now.

Top Bottom