• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

Mikey Jr.

I'd love to help them get more patrons, but I'm kinda not sure how.

Looks like they are looking for around 200 more.

Friday seems like TERRIBLE timing. End of the month is when lots of people leave before next billing. And they are doing it on the second to last day.

Im assuming they know this?

Axass

Those SNES challenges! Nice idea, even though I'm not so sure it'll work.

Still very commendable that they are trying it!

From Patreon:

John Peterson said:
Want to watch new patrons flow like the Salmon of Capistrano? 6,400 Patrons: Kyle does actual stand-up comedy for 15 minutes.

LOL

I'd love to help them get more patrons, but I'm kinda not sure how.

Looks like they are looking for around 200 more.

Friday seems like TERRIBLE timing. End of the month is when lots of people leave before next billing. And they are doing it on the second to last day.

Im assuming they know this?

We'll certainly have to recognize that billing drop on the 1st, but there aren't typically a lot of people that leave before that. It should balance out in the end. And it's the launch day for the SNES Classic. Regardless of the time of the month it's a good opportunity.

But where is the patron benchmark for Damiani reading his Star Fox/Man in the Iron Mask fanfic
Sounds like it's gone.

Axass

We'll certainly have to recognize that billing drop on the 1st, but there aren't typically a lot of people that leave before that. It should balance out in the end. And it's the launch day for the SNES Classic. Regardless of the time of the month it's a good opportunity.

Sounds like it's gone.

He could simply wing it, after all he wrote it in first place!

ByteSizeRick

Neo Member
Psst....A friend told me to tell you it's "H-O-E-G".

But seriously, I'm glad people appear to be enjoying the legal segments. Both Brandon and Kyle have been very, very considerate of my time and need for disclaimers, etc. I've really been impressed in my interactions with them.

Psst....A friend told me to tell you it's "H-O-E-G".

But seriously, I'm glad people appear to be enjoying the legal segments. Both Brandon and Kyle have been very, very considerate of my time and need for disclaimers, etc. I've really been impressed in my interactions with them.

This is what I get for listening to the podcast (vs. watching the video). Thanks for the correction!

I wonder if it'd be better to go by dollars rather than patrons. I'm already a patron, so I can't contribute to those goals, but I could be talked into raising my donations.

Bahorel

I wonder if it'd be better to go by dollars rather than patrons. I'm already a patron, so I can't contribute to those goals, but I could be talked into raising my donations.

I think the point is to raise the pool of people instead of raising the amount the same pool of people are spending.

I agree with the person on patreon who said to advertise the drive on YouTube. There's 112,000+ YouTube subscribers that aren't patrons yet. There's the new pool right there

I'd assume most people pledge as much as their wallets allow / they're comfortable with and rather than getting people to increase that amount (which they might not be able to sustain for an extended period leading to pledges being dropped to lower amounts again) it makes more sense to increase the number of patrons instead.

Axass

I think the point is to raise the pool of people instead of raising the amount the same pool of people are spending.

I agree with the person on patreon who said to advertise the drive on YouTube. There's 112,000+ YouTube subscribers that aren't patrons yet. There's the new pool right there

Absolutely, a short promo video would do wonders.

BBboy20

Not a fan of the Twitch/Discord mods anyway. I've stopped interacting with them now after I was getting lectured about the Allies by one of them.
....huh.

I never got that impression with Twitch. Closest thing you can describe to is ib0 but he's...ib0.
-
Really, the only lead person I can describe as suspicious is Sparks on Discord as this mod straight up said unequal pay for men and women is a myth despite the Bureau of Labor Statistics alone saying otherwise.

Which is funny since Obama tried improving the Equel Employment Opportuniy Commission with the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009...

...which the US's current leader is trying to tear down.

Despite this Discord's rule about "No Politics", it is a very questionable place when it comes to real-life issues where taking jabs at feminism is ok but pointing out that The Last Night might be propaganda for GamerGate is not. And subtle is the keyword here as it's not grotesque like many parts of the internet but it's always eyebrow raising when certain things are said in the form of passive aggressiveness in relation to mentioning disenfranchised human beings. And considering the gravity of the situation the United States, let alone the world, is in right now, this is all troublesome.

Bahorel

....huh.

I never got that impression with Twitch. Closest thing you can describe to is ib0 but he's...ib0.
-
Really, the only lead person I can describe as suspicious is Sparks on Discord as this mod straight up said unequal pay for men and women is a myth despite the Bureau of Labor Statistics alone saying otherwise.

Which is funny since Obama tried improving the Equel Employment Opportuniy Commission with the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009...

...which the US's current leader is trying to tear down.

Despite this Discord's rule about "No Politics", it is a very questionable place when it comes to real-life issues where taking jabs at feminism is ok but pointing out that The Last Night might be propaganda for GamerGate is not. And subtle is the keyword here as it's not grotesque like many parts of the internet but it's always eyebrow raising when certain things are said in the form of passive aggressiveness in relation to mentioning disenfranchised human beings. And considering the gravity of the situation the United States, let alone the world, is in right now, this is all troublesome.

Yea.... that's ... not okay

One point that i think we need to try and hammer home is the importance of a $1 pledge, its not lame, its not meaningless, its huge for the allies.

If half of their youtube subscribers pledged $1 they'd have their studio, plus change.

Bahorel

One point that i think we need to try and hammer home is the importance of a $1 pledge, its not lame, its not meaningless, its huge for the allies.

If half of their youtube subscribers pledged $1 they'd have their studio, plus change.

Totally. Plus even if you're in a smaller income bracket (like me) you can still feel okay with giving a dollar. I don't miss it and I feel good about where it's going

abrack08

If this hasn't already happened in Tabletop Escapades, you know it's only a matter of time before it does.

Well,
he carried Moof's corpse around for weeks determined to save him, and eventually was able to get him brought back to life by a Nightengale... Then they murdered new-Moof because it seemed like it was someone else's consciousness in Moof's body. Does that count?

Mikey Jr.

Smart idea. I see lots of YouTubers put 30 second vids saying they are streaming on twitch and come join them.

That'd be a short term bump but not something that will sustain itself in the long run. And they've never actively promoted it but has happened when they had Box Peek, the E3 tier, and a couple other one offs where people increased it. But that's a well you can't keep going back too. I'm glad they're actually doing a patreon recruitment drive and is less about the dollars vs the number. It's a good move

I also like the idea of throwing up a quick video on YouTube to promote the stream/patreon drive.

Also Blood I hope you do shoutouts of the new patrons like the anniversary stream. That'll be an effective recruitment tool

Excited for the stream tomorrow and think it’s a great idea to hopefully bring in some new blood.

Add me to the list, though, that really think they should have put out a youtube video promoting this. Their nearly 120k youtube subcribers is where likely new Patrons would come from. Probably a very significant amount of these people probably A) don’t habitually check their website or B) aren’t routine Twitch watchers/don’t know about a separate group stream that is not on a Tuesday. Those that know about this are very likely already long time donators.

Whatever, hope they find out about it someway. Real nice to have this stream to come home to after work on Friday. Should be a great time and hope it is a success.

Excited for the stream tomorrow and think it’s a great idea to hopefully bring in some new blood.

Add me to the list, though, that really think they should have put out a youtube video promoting this. Their nearly 120k youtube subcribers is where likely new Patrons would come from. Probably a very significant amount of these people probably A) don’t habitually check their website or B) aren’t routine Twitch watchers/don’t know about a separate group stream that is not on a Tuesday. Those that know about this are very likely already long time donators.

Whatever, hope they find out about it someway. Real nice to have this stream to come home to after work on Friday. Should be a great time and hope it is a success.

Them and the (audio) podcast subscribers, I imagine. But yeah, a short little promo video seems like a good idea to me, assuming they have the time.

Anywho, Huber Hype reminded me that I still have to play Blood and Wine. Has the PS4 Pro patch hit yet? I thought CD Projekt said it'd be out in a few days 2-3 weeks ago.

Huber really needs to play Suikoden II. That's the first and last game I think of when I think of in-game homes.

Hasney

Friends, I'm hungover and Golf Story is love. Get jh SNES today, but might not play much with having Golf Story.

The hype was real and paid off.

What do you mean, he streamed MVC Infinite today

Yeah, the MvC stream happened but I deleted the archive. We had a new subscriber named "mumuhomer" and while thanking him I unintentionally said "mumuhomo". It was a mistake that I felt bad about, even though it was just an innocent word mangling and no ill intent was intended. I immediately apologized but chat had a bit of a field day with it and I didn't want it becoming more dramatic or draw more attention to the poor person than I already had.

It may have been admittedly an overreaction, but that's what was going through my head.

jett

D-Member
Yeah, the MvC stream happened but I deleted the archive. We had a new subscriber named "mumuhomer" and while thanking him I unintentionally said "mumuhomo". It was a mistake that I felt bad about, even though it was just an innocent word mangling and no ill intent was intended. I immediately apologized but chat had a bit of a field day with it and I didn't want it becoming more dramatic or draw more attention to the poor person than I already had.

It may have been admittedly an overreaction, but that's what was going through my head.

Ah that's too bad.

Deadman

When Huber said this episode was about player housing my first thought was star wars galaxies, and then thats the first game he talks about.

That game had problems but in many ways it was far ahead of its time.

My house was on Naboo. My guild had a town there.

Like Huber there were also players on my server "famous" for making the best weapons and armour. It was really a unique game.

Oh man, that Huber Syndrome has me hoping Origins has a really good hideout and economy system. I'm a little worried the loot aspects might diminish a good economy.

Man, if only more people were as thoughtful as you.

Top Bottom