• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Chavo Kart announced for PS3 and Xbox 360

nono.jpg

No mention of Ñoño?!?!

jaz013

Banned
El juego de Wii estaba horrible.

Dato curioso: el rigging (los esqueletos) de los personajes de ese juego fueron hechos en Argentina. Todo lo demás en México, según oí.

Con su compermiso... C:

..Sorry for all-spanish post. I'll stop now.

Si estas hablando del juego de Wii, no, todo fue hecho en Guadalajara, desde las texturas hasta el codigo, bueno, usamos Unity3D, pero tambien cuenta :p.

ElFly

El Chavo had some funny sketches, but it was just too formulaic.

El Chapulin Colorado is the superior Chespirito franchise.

Mr. Robot

I always wanted to hate the show because of the idea that it was a shitty kind of comedy.
But i must admit that it always got a laught out of me whenever el chavo or kiko did something stupid and you just can't hate the soundtrack.

It's really strange to see this game being made, also bwitches love Don Ramon...

Oh man! i was looking for a chavo pic and found this:

l93xeQy.jpg

I've never have gotten so got in my life.

I used to watch the show every day in Puerto Rico as a kid. My sisters even met the actors in the 70s. I was thrilled when it came on Univision in the US, and a few years back I picked up a couple of DVDs, but I assumed it wouldn't hold up. I was surprised that I still loved it just as much as ever. I liked El Chapulin Colorado more, but El Chavo was still charming and hilarious. The crossover where Chapulin shows up was great.

A.Romero

Sad part is, that may never happen from a Mexican developer. During some brainstorming sessions back when I worked at Kaxan (the developers of the first Chavo game), there was at least one proposal that was basically Guacamele, but less patronizing and more "Lucha Libre"-like. It was quickly dismissed as "too local"and even as "insulting".

Which is stupid, considering now we have 2 games based on a Mexican TV Show. Granted, it is a pretty popular show but still not relevant outside of Latin America.

I would say prehispanic history shouldn't be considered local, specially considering we have played god knows how many japanese history inspired games (including giant enemy crabs), american history inspired games (ass creed, total war, etc) and, of course, a million games inspired in WWII.

Anyway, I'll keep dreaming. If anyone asked me 20 years ago if I think there would ever be a game based in El Chavo (let alone 2) I would have probably laughed my ass off... And then look for any news in Club Nintendo.

Which is stupid, considering now we have 2 games based on a Mexican TV Show. Granted, it is a pretty popular show but still not relevant outside of Latin America.

I would say prehispanic history shouldn't be considered local, specially considering we have played god knows how many japanese history inspired games (including giant enemy crabs), american history inspired games (ass creed, total war, etc) and, of course, a million games inspired in WWII.

Anyway, I'll keep dreaming. If anyone asked me 20 years ago if I think there would ever be a game based in El Chavo (let alone 2) I would have probably laughed my ass off... And then look for any news in Club Nintendo.

In fact, El Chavo as a series was really popular in places like Russia, Japan and Italy, among others. Videogame wise, yeah, I agree it would never be relevant at all outside of Latin America. Even outside of Mexico only would be surprising, to be honest.

A.Romero

In fact, El Chavo as a series was really popular in places like Russia, Japan and Italy, among others. Videogame wise, yeah, I agree it would never be relevant at all outside of Latin America. Even outside of Mexico only would be surprising, to be honest.

Next up:

A dating sim based in Maria Mercedez
A platformer based in Marimar

I love El Chavo but it pisses me off a bit that having so much cool shit in our culture, a pretty simple and stupid comedy show gets a video game made.

Oh well, we'll always have Chavez and Chavez II... They were kind of competente... Right? RIGHT?

The question is, can I play as Quico or Don Ramon?

Best characters without a doubt.

Glorious days when you got from school in the afternoon, you watch awesome cartoons, then they did Chavo en la 2 and then you switched to Antena 3 to watch some The Simpsons and Impacto TV before the 9pm news.

Every boy of my age knows El Chavo here in Spain.

Yep, if you were born before the 90's you know who Chavo is in Spain.
Chapulin Colorado went years before at not so good hours, so its not as well known.

Wonko_C

Next up:

A dating sim based in Maria Mercedez
A platformer based in Marimar

I love El Chavo but it pisses me off a bit that having so much cool shit in our culture, a pretty simple and stupid comedy show gets a video game made.

Oh well, we'll always have Chavez and Chavez II... They were kind of competente... Right? RIGHT?

Chavez and Chávez 2 were just reskins of existing games: Riddick Bowe Boxing and Boxing Legends of the Ring, respectively.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
buy? who in latin america buys games?

I am often seen as a weird bug for spending my money on orignal games and books instead of pirating them :'(
Same here, but lately I managed to convince several friends to buy a few Steam games on sale.

This seems really bizarre. "Cállate, cállate que me desespeeeeeras!"

Ledsen

chavokart.jpg

Ok, here's a short story. "El Chavo" was a popular sitcom in Mexico and Latinamerica, basically it's the story of a "kid" called "El Chavo" portrayed by Roberto Gomnez Bolaños, the thing is that the "kids" in the series were actually grown up men and women dressed as children, yeah why tell you about it, just check this.

Anyway a couple of years ago Televisa and a mexican game company called Slang created a Wii game based on the series, basically the game was just a minigame collection .... but it was a sucess somehow.... so now they announced a Kart game for the PS3 and Xbox360, Feast you eyes, the only game were you can hit hens and donkeys on the road.

http://www.gamers.vg/2013/09/10/el-chavo-kart/

Wait... so that recurring Arrested Development joke was based on a real thing?

Mind blown.

I never thought El Chavo would work in a language other than Spanish.

p.s. El Chavo haters are probably muertos por dentro.

Oh, it does.

Seu Madruga >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Don Ramon

Or at least it did back then, our voice acting and localization was so much better. If it were released now, it would be shit

cacildo

So El Chavo still popular not only in Brasil, but in Latin America and Spain?

Color me impressed. I thought its lasting popularity was only a brasil thing....

Also, the game do look nice!

Mik_Pad

Banned
El Chavo is very popular here in Honduras but I never thought I would ever see a videogame about it lol. I'm happy to see the gaming scene growing in Latam.

nullset2

I swear tortas de hamon better be a power up.

Equivalent to the Mario Kart Star! It'd be glorious.

I haven't seen shots or... actually anything at all about the game, since I'm at work and I don't get pics for neogaf, but I'm absolutely sure this is complete shovelware given Slang/Televisa's track record. I like the show enough to maaaaaybe see it in motion once, but that's it.

Also, this is probably inspired on the cartoon version of the IP that's been made by some bourgeois people since like 2009 to continue profiting on the brand at the lowest cost possible and since you can't really reboot the series with a new live action cast to be honest and the original cast is too old. That animated version is absolute donkey shit and I detest it. Sells like crazy to the lower classes here somehow, though, so well done to them I guess?

Photo-realistic El Chavo action/adventure non-shovelware game, though? Hell yes, now that'd be amazing!! Really surprised this derivative kart game is not a mobile app, Televisa loves the living fuck out of that ripe, exploitable market.

Don Ramon > Jirafales > Quico > Dona Florinda > Chilindrina > Sr. Barriga > Chavo > Nono

So El Chavo still popular not only in Brasil, but in Latin America and Spain?

Color me impressed. I thought its lasting popularity was only a brasil thing....

Also, the game do look nice!

Well, its not in TV in Spain anymore, but all people that saw it during the 90's remember about it, it also helps its a time where TV fro all family was remembered fondly.

Equivalent to the Mario Kart Star! It'd be glorious.

I haven't seen shots or... actually anything at all about the game, since I'm at work and I don't get pics for neogaf, but I'm absolutely sure this is complete shovelware given Slang/Televisa's track record. I like the show enough to maaaaaybe see it in motion once, but that's it.

Also, this is probably inspired on the cartoon version of the IP that's been made by some bourgeois people since like 2009 to continue profiting on the brand at the lowest cost possible and since you can't really reboot the series with a new live action cast to be honest and the original cast is too old. That animated version is absolute donkey shit and I detest it. Sells like crazy to the lower classes here somehow, though, so well done to them I guess?

Photo-realistic El Chavo action/adventure non-shovelware game, though? Hell yes, now that'd be amazing!! Really surprised this derivative kart game is not a mobile app, Televisa loves the living fuck out of that ripe, exploitable market.

Don Ramon > Jirafales > Quico > Dona Florinda > Chilindrina > Sr. Barriga > Chavo > Nono

Yes, the game is based on the animated reboot, VA and everything. Still the video shows a somewhat decent gameplay but probably not as tight as MK or Sega All-Star Racing Transformed. The chances for a demo are pretty slim, but if the game's cheap enough and can be bought from the US PSN store, i'd buy it.

Matt_C

If I known about El Cavo del Ocho and El Chapulín Colorado when I took Spanish; I would of done a lot better at the class. As for the game, please have sound alikes and/or origional skit actors as a secondary dialog.

Heck I would get the PC version, if it comes out, to use the mods.

don ramon its well know in spain

hero of the forever

Don Ramon best character without a doubt. Him and Quico best things about Chavo del 8 lol
I remember one of the first characters osmebody asked me to draw in scribblenauts form for a Neogaf avatar was Don Ramon. Has a great time doing the scribble version.

EDIT
Aha! Found it!
161.jpg

Raptor

No Bruja del 71 = No Venta!!

This is hilarious in a way, if my daughter sees this she will want me to buy it for her.

Top Bottom