• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Chavo Kart announced for PS3 and Xbox 360

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Street Chaves was an amazing game! Played it for so many hours.
Will it be as good as Street Chavo?

Street-Chaves-game-PC.jpg
LOL it was so rad. Bruxa do 71 with Demitri's moveset etc, hahaha. I beat it with every character back then. They should make something like that instead of a racer, people would go insane.

ylLl27i.jpg

ywcmb25.jpg

WiJMlfT.jpg

0JAXsAR.jpg

MRQG11d.jpg

Bulzeeb

My 100 games collection disagrees with you.
I know you are probably joking or something, but yeah, piracy is huge in LtAmerica.

Mexico's very own Jim Sterling.

of course I was joking :p but I can't denny that piracy is one of the biggest factors for people to buy a console, things have gotten better but we have a long way to go. Actually, I blame de high prices as one of the many factors that cause that piracy culture, I usually import my games because it's cheaper than buying them around here

Same here, but lately I managed to convince several friends to buy a few Steam games on sale.

This seems really bizarre. "Cállate, cállate que me desespeeeeeras!"

I know, I have managed to get some friends to buy a few cheap steam games during the sales as well as a way to "convert them" lol

jaz013

Banned
Next up:

A dating sim based in Maria Mercedez
A platformer based in Marimar

I love El Chavo but it pisses me off a bit that having so much cool shit in our culture, a pretty simple and stupid comedy show gets a video game made.

Oh well, we'll always have Chavez and Chavez II... They were kind of competente... Right? RIGHT?

Kojima would be the first on the line the day they launch some game lead by Thalia.

On the subject of why the Chavo (lol), brand recognition. The first game wasn't based on El Chavo license, that came halfway in the development.

Fireblend

Banned
Me too, even as a kid. I understand the appeal, but I am not into it. But Don Ramón (Seu Madruga here) is the man.

On topic: is this only to be released in Mexico?

That would be a waste, here in Costa Rica it's every bit as popular as it is in Mexico.

Hopefully they'll put it up on Greenlight or something? lol

This thread led me to try looking for the old Chespirito y sus Canciones that my sister owned when I was a kid (and I always stole from her). When she recorded it to a tape, I wore the tape out. It's kind of scary how well I still remember these songs I haven't heard in two decades.

I can't stand El Chavo as an adult. Every episode featured violence on children, putting that under a good light…

I'm sorry guys, but I find it disgusting. It teaches children that being hit by adults as a form of punishment is OK, which isn't at all.

While that is partly true, you have to remember that the show was shoot in the 70s/80s. Different mindset.

I cannot stand classic Tom&Jerry and Woody Woodpecker nowadays too. Even some classic Disney from 40s are bad these days.

Anteo

So why is everyone misspelling Ron Damon's name??
Yes I know the joke only works for original, but I cant really call him Don Ramon after all this time.

Ahasverus

Awesome lol
And for the uninformed, this is not based on the /old/ chavo, it's based on the /new/ chavo that is an international cartoon remake

eL+chavo+DEL+8+02.jpg

AlexBasch

She didn't. The character was in a legal battle between Chespirito and Maria Antonieta de las Nieves, I believe she won the rights over the character, IIRC.

Actually, El Chavo could be an awesome adventure game. Too bad the property owners in Mexico are like 100 years behind in terms of using the characters for "newer" mediums.

SaintZ

A mess. I just saw the video. (Maybe you should add it to the first post OP?)

That stage looks like a Mario Kart ripoff
waq685xu9z.gif

It looks like a Wii game...
waq685xu9z.gif

"Híjole ya voy en la segunda"
waq685xu9z.gif

I'm surprised too the Chilindrina in there though. I bet Maria Antonieta de las Nieves is receiving a nice paycheck for that.

A mess. I just saw the video. (Maybe you should add it to the first post OP?)

That stage looks like a Mario Kart ripoff
waq685xu9z.gif

It looks like a Wii game...
waq685xu9z.gif

"Híjole ya voy en la segunda"
waq685xu9z.gif

I'm surprised too the Chilindrina in there though. I bet Maria Antonieta de las Nieves is receiving a nice paycheck for that.
The same video is in the first post actually, and I don't see the Chilindrina in the game.

I didn't expect to see a GAF thread on this lol. I... I don't know. I hate El Chavo. I really do.

Edit: This thread was worth it just to see the idea of a Maria Mercedes eroge thrown in and someone saying Kojima would buy it lololol

Javier

OMG I just realized.

Las Pastillas de Chiquitolina need to be in as a bad power-up (or power-down).

Yeah, they're from El Chapulin Colorado, but they're perfect for this game.

tmarques

The cartoon have 11 regular characters and the game will have 12. Maybe it's her.

Or maybe i'ts just Patty.

I'm pretty sure Bolaños makes it a point to exclude the character from any project so the actress won't see a penny. The man is a vindictive ass.

zruben

Banned
OMG I just realized.

Las Pastillas de Chiquitolina need to be in as a bad power-up (or power-down).

Yeah, they're from El Chapulin Colorado, but they're perfect for this game.

dude, that's a fantastic idea!

damn, they missed the oportunity to make a "Chespirito Kart", It would be cool to have other characters there... just imagine El Chanfle attacking with a soccer ball, or el Doctor Chapatin throwing you an skelleton.

Fewr

Licenciado.
Gracias, muchas gracias.

Not as great as that for doing Vanellope I bet.

Don Ramon > Jirafales > Quico > Dona Florinda > Chilindrina > Sr. Barriga > Chavo > Nono
> Bruja del 71 > Godines > Popis > Doña Nieves > Jaimito ?

I'm pretty sure Bolaños makes it a point to exclude the character from any project so the actress won't see a penny. The man is a vindictive ass.
Isn't it actually his wife (Florinda Mesa) who manipulates him? I remember hearing she's in charge of everything there.

mantidor

Isn't it actually his wife (Florinda Mesa) who manipulates him? I remember hearing she's in charge of everything there.

She seems really bitter about many of the members of the cast, not just De las Nieves, Chespirito is very old now so he basically depends on her for everything, I wouldn't be surprised what you say is the case.

It's really sad to see them become so petty about it, it really leaves a nasty stain on such beloved show, tears will be shed if the reconcile but that just isn't going to happen.

I had the luck of play the game in a Chilean expo (Festigame 2013), the music suck ass but the stages are pretty good, i get much more fun than Modnation Racers, LittleBigPlanet Karting and all that shit.

Day 1

puñeta, cabron. cuando va a salir este juego? no puedo encontrar nada en el 'net. no me digas que lo cancelaron??

(translation: when is this shii coming out?)

mantidor

Cancelado.

Actually I have no idea, it made the news in my city a short time after this thread because the devs were colombian heh, knowing us of course it will be delayed most likely. :p

Top Bottom