• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online gameplay leaked

LowParry

To be fair, the game is far from a release date and chances are, the animations are something in an early stage of things. Still too early to judge however couple of buddies of mine told me that the game is going to be heavily into the PvP side of things. Considering it's being made by one of Warhammer Online guys...eh, that just smells of bad things to come.

it looks like insides of my anus...

image.php

Well you do look constipated, Kaz.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
alot of people didnt ask for an mmo they wanted the multiplayer to be like dark souls multiplayer

2San

That's right Zenimax, keep chasing that monthly P2P MMO dragon.... only to fail like the other mega publishers who've attempted this before you and ultimately converted theirs to F2P due to a rapidly declining userbase.

Blizzard (WOW), Squenix (with FFXI) and CCP Games (EVE Online) are like the only 3 pubs who've managed to sustain that P2P model throughout the entirety of their MMO's lifetime and whose games are also still alive.

Reading the thread it seems like Ubisoft(?) is about to do the same too?
Because MMO's need to be alive forever? Plenty of MMO's have made profit and have been profitable for a while, that aren't in the best shape today(Like Lineage, Ultima Online, Everquest, etc.).

I thought it looked alright for an mmo. It's not exactly what I wanted out of an elder scrolls mmo, but some things seemed to translate well. Still not playing it.

Calmine

I've started playing through Skyrim and I'm thinking why can't they just make that into a MMO instead of this shit. Plus this is gonna be pay 2 play? How about no.

To be fair, the game is far from a release date and chances are, the animations are something in an early stage of things. Still too early to judge however couple of buddies of mine told me that the game is going to be heavily into the PvP side of things. Considering it's being made by one of Warhammer Online guys...eh, that just smells of bad things to come.

The game has been in development for SIX YEARS and is set to release in the next 8 months. So if it really is coming out this year it has about 6 months left in the cooker before it has to go gold. At this point nothing major will change unless they significantly delay it. I've been in quite a few mmo beta's in the last decade and what you see in beta is 90% the finished product from my experience.

Kariodude

Banned
Here are the main 2 problems with MMORPGs

1. It's too much like WoW so people end up just wanting to play WoW.

2. It's completely different from WoW, which makes people want to play WoW instead.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Here are the main 2 problems with MMORPGs

1. It's too much like WoW so people end up just wanting to play WoW.

2. It's completely different from WoW, which makes people want to play WoW instead.
I think MMOFPS might be the next big thing. People are not wanting another fantasy or even sci-fi fantasy type of RPG game.

The Elder Scrolls games have always had a complete and utter lack of art direction which is only saved sort of by fairly good tech. Now when you have to cater to lower spec machines for an MMO, the lack of artistry makes it look even worse.

I know the Skyrim backlash is in full effect and it's cool to hate on everything Elder Scrolls, but this is 100% horseshit.

MaddenNFL64

Freemium model is working out for TOR, they should go that route from launch, and save the headache of restructuring after the fact.

Emitan

FFXIV 2.0, to my knowledge, is using the engine the FFXIII series was using but without any of the limitations. It looks pretty damned good, save for some of the shadows and long distance dithering.

I meant gameplay. But that's good to hear. FF13 was beautiful.

Axspell

Neo Member
What is it about MMOs and terrible animation? I can't think of any other genre in which smooth, fluid animation is absolutely key, consdering you're staring at the same abilities and walk cycles for hour upon hour upon hour.

Angry Fork

Don't know much about MMO's, it looks okay minus the bad draw distance. Not sure why people are saying looks worse than Skyrim, Skyrim had great visuals, and was tons of fun. Not sure what people want out of a game so massive with so many choices? It's not going to look and play like Metro 2033.

ElfArmy177

FFXIV 2.0, to my knowledge, is using the engine the FFXIII series was using but without any of the limitations. It looks pretty damned good, save for some of the shadows and long distance dithering.

I'd love to play the beta, but I can't figure out how to actually download it!!

keep in mind I only took 5 minutes looking and then gave up...

Kraftwerk

Sorry if this has been asked before, haven't read all the thread; but is true that the budget for this game is around $300 million?

I know that is what I heard when it was first announced. Never followed up to see if it was true or not.

Top Bottom