• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN producing a 30 For 30 on wrestling legend Ric Flair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

I'm far from a Ric Flair fan but I look forward to seeing this 30 for 30 is fantastic and I enjoy Ric Flair stories.

ahoyle77

I enjoy Ric Flair the wrestler, but he's a pretty shitty person. Growing up in Charlotte crossed paths a few times. Most stories about him don't paint him in the best light.

Zach

Shut your mouth fat boy!
5JWIGMW.jpg

RBH

ricflair30for30.png

The edition of 30 for 30 that ESPN has been producing on Ric Flair finally has its air date.

ESPN announced today that "Nature Boy," a documentary on Flair's life and career in pro wrestling, will premiere on Tuesday, November 7th at 10 p.m. ET. The project is directed by Rory Karpf and has been in the works since 2015.

Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Ricky Steamboat, Baby Doll, Tully Blanchard, The Undertaker, Arn Anderson, Shawn Michaels, Sting, and Road Warrior Animal are listed as being interviewed for the 30 for 30, along with Flair's first wife, his children, and others close to him.

“I grew up a huge wrestling fan in the 1980s and I was captivated by Ric Flair,” Karpf said. “It’s been a personally rewarding experience to tell the story of arguably the greatest wrestler of all time. Ric’s story transcends the wrestling business, and my hope is that it will appeal to wrestling and non-wrestling fans alike.”

Karpf has previously directed editions of 30 for 30 that were focused on basketball player Christian Laettner (and the dislike that some fans have for him) and race car driver Tim Richmond. John Dahl, an executive producer for 30 for 30, noted that Karpf's interview with Flair for the Laettner documentary convinced them that he would be a fascinating subject to feature.

The 30 for 30 on Flair won't be the first to focus on a subject related to pro wrestling, with "This Was the XFL" having been released earlier this year. A 30 for 30 short about the Von Erich family also came out in 2015.
http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/espns-ric-flair-30-30-gets-its-premiere-date-239966

Bronx-Man

Banned
You know who needs a 30 For 30? Terry Funk.

That motherfunker's been around the business for god knows how long. Wrestling's real-life Randy the Ram. He must have a helluva tale to tell after all these years.

Al-San

Neo Member
Ric Flair had the best promos of all time. I wonder if he freestyled any of them. His trash talk was A1

Anth0ny

Vince won't let Take break kayfabe.

Take wasn't even allowed to pay respects to fallen coworkers because it wasn't believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom