• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Rates Onimusha Tactics and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for Wii U

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yes indeed, surprisingly there are two VC games rated this week, not sure if both are releasing tomorrow, but I would imagine at least one is.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=9237&Title=Onimusha Tactics&searchkeyword=

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsi...Title=Golden Sun: The Lost Age&searchkeyword=

Onimusha Tactics

Platform: Game Boy Advance, Wii U

Rating Category: Teen Rating Symbol

Content Descriptors: Mild Violence, Suggestive Themes

Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Platform: Game Boy Advance, Wii U

Rating Category: Everyone Rating Symbol

Content Descriptors: Violence

Ridley327

Of all the games to signify that Capcom remembers Onimusha.

I hope everyone has their passwords ready for Golden Sun!

wiibomb

FUCKING FINALLY...

I think it's more than a year and half since Golden Sun: The Lost Age released in other regions

Before you get excited for playing Golden Sun TLA:

Golden_Sun_2_gold_3784.jpg

I'm about 70% through the first Golden Sun. I lost interest months ago and quit, but now that the sequel is coming I might try again. Is the sequel better than the original? I like the first game, but the story wasn't very interesting.

And what about the Onimusha game? Is it any good? Reviews are mixed, but I usually love this kind of game.

Ridley327

I'm about 70% through the first Golden Sun. I lost interest months ago and quit, but now that the sequel is coming I might try again. Is the sequel better than the original? I like the first game, but the story wasn't very interesting.

And what about the Onimusha game? Is it any good? Reviews are mixed, but I usually love this kind of game.

The Lost Age is quite a bit better. Everything is much more fleshed out.

Peltz

Before you get excited for playing Golden Sun TLA:

Golden_Sun_2_gold_3784.jpg

Yeah... I was really lucky my friend had an extra GBA and a transfer cable. That was one long ass code and a single typo rendered it useless and made you reenter the whole thing.

I actually never got very far into TLA though. Was it any good? I felt like the first game was of a bit one-dimensional but fun (and those graphics look gorgeous on a real GBA AGS-101).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
FelixLostAge.jpg

Time for the true hero of Golden Sun to shine.

TLA is such a good game.

Golden Sun and its sequel are definitely two of the best JRPGs for handhelds. Or at least that's how I feel about them. Glad TLA is finally hitting the virtual console. Now if we can just get Isaac or Felix in Smash 4.....

xzeldax3

Golden Sun and its sequel are definitely two of the best JRPGs for handhelds. Or at least that's how I feel about them. Glad TLA is finally hitting the virtual console. Now if we can just get Isaac or Felix in Smash 4.....
Agree on all points. Didn't they remove Isaac's assist trophy? That made me believe he could be a full character but it never happened :(

Fuchsdh

Man if GS1 felt like a giant journey, GS2 was even bigger.
Those were good times.
Yeah I'm replaying it and it's amazing how much bigger TLA ended up being, and the first game was plenty big.

Really glad it ended up getting split into two games, I think it made both better.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Time to get back to finishing the first goldensun, now to look at a guide to see why im stuck i this cave...

Hellraider

Is it me or is the Capcom GBA VC support amazing? It feels really weird to say a good thing about Capcom lately.

Shifty1897

TLA is fantastic, exploring that huge world filled with secrets was a great time. Really did some impressive things for a GBA game.

khaaan

The Lost Age is quite a bit better. Everything is much more fleshed out.

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I'm happy that it's more fleshed out because that was one of my frustrations with the first game. On the other hand, the game is already so chatty to begin with.

Will buy either way.

About damn time for TLA.

Still missing ZM, MMZ4, and AW2. Any day now...

Unlikely as all hell, but wish Square Enix would show the VC some love. Waiting here with my CC info dying to give them some money for FFIV/V/VI Advance, but they seem completely uninterested.

Overside

Banned
Yeah... I was really lucky my friend had an extra GBA and a transfer cable. That was one long ass code and a single typo rendered it useless and made you reenter the whole thing.

I actually never got very far into TLA though. Was it any good? I felt like the first game was of a bit one-dimensional but fun (and those graphics look gorgeous on a real GBA AGS-101).

The second game blows the first out of the water. And the third fails at the design aspects the first got right, and the second polished.

If you like being rewarded and challenged for exploration, beyond what is needed to merely see the story events to their conclusion, the lost age is a fantastic game.

SuomiDude

Before you accept the huge password you just enter to the password screen, remember to make a save state :D (can't remember if you need to enter the whole damn thing again if you mistype one letter or if you can go edit it after accepting it)

Wow, didn't even remember tactics.

But yeah, loved Lost Age, ended up using the transfer method with a kid I didn't even talk to in school because a show they made us watch in class had the ad for this game and we both freaked out when we saw it. Lucky that happened because getting to transfer everything added a lot to the game.

Edit: Also it was super weird
see Issac talk in it after being a silent protagonist for the first game. one of the only instances I remember seeing this happen.

Top Bottom