• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN - January Sale is now Live

Don't listen to them.

Crysis(1) is one of the worst ports on PS3 !
Framerate is so low that it makes you sick :( Crysis 2 and 3 are at least playable on ps3 compared to Crysis 1.

I can't contest this because it's been just over two years since I last played it, but I really don't recall Crysis PS3 having any chronic frame rate issues, and I'm *usually* pretty sensitive to such things.

Don't listen to them.

Framerate is so low that it makes you sick :( Crysis 2 and 3 are at least playable on ps3 compared to Crysis 1.

What? I played it on 360 and PS3 and while there was some noticeable slow-down/stuttering, it wasn't so bad that it was unplayable...

oti

Banned
So I originally had a list of 12 games I wanted to buy but I trimmed it down to two games. Ni no Kuni (which I've played though and sold in January but I want to own it again) and Muramasa (which looks pretty neat and who knows if it ever makes it's way to the IGC).

Being reasonable is not that fun.

dstarMDA

Just checked the EU web Store because I'm interested in Doki Doki Universe PS4 and I've just seen that it's 7,49€ right now. Wasn'it it 15€ before ? Is there a sale going on ?

Can't seem to find any information on the matter.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
If I've already bought Dragons Crown on my PS3 US account and I buy the Vita version on my UK account are the saves compatible and will the UK Vita version see my US versions progress ? (assuming the save file has been uploaded to the cloud etc)

Just checked the EU web Store because I'm interested in Doki Doki Universe PS4 and I've just seen that it's 7,49€ right now. Wasn'it it 15€ before ? Is there a sale going on ?

Can't seem to find any information on the matter.

Standard edition was always €7.49. LE bundle is €12.99.

sono

Gold Member
I have picked up P4 Golden Vita in 12 deals of Christmas recently, Ni no Kuni and Brothers: a tale of two sons in this sale.

I have been wanting P4G and Ni no Kuni for ages, thank you for bringing these to my attention gaf. Season Greetings!

brunoa76

Don't listen to them.

Too late, just bought it with some other games.

But I was aware of the framerate problems. As a solo fps I think (and hope) I could deal with that...

Jinjo

If I've already bought Dragons Crown on my PS3 US account and I buy the Vita version on my UK account are the saves compatible and will the UK Vita version see my US versions progress ? (assuming the save file has been uploaded to the cloud etc)

Yes. Bought EU version of dragon's crown on Vita today. Save import worked without a problem from my US import of the PS3 version. It's not on sale though...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. Bought EU version of dragon's crown on Vita today. Save import worked without a problem from my US import of the PS3 version. It's not on sale though...

Thanks man, just wanted to confirm despite not being on sale :) I will definitely pick up Dragons Crown soon enough. I find myself playing my Vita more and more and Dragons Crown is perfect for it. Was playing Muramasa on it today and it's just brilliant :)

I wish there was a sale on XSeed stuff (Ys games) as well as some of the NIS America stuff but I guess that'll be for another day.

This totally makes up for the 12 Days sale.
Good variety, some older stuff, Vita not excluded. How the sales should be!

Bought:

Mass Effect 1 & 2
Ni no Kuni
Brothers
Muramasa Rebirth
King of Fighters 96 (Vita)
Farming Simulator (Vita)

Jinjo

Thanks man, just wanted to confirm despite not being on sale :) I will definitely pick up Dragons Crown soon enough. I find myself playing my Vita more and more and Dragons Crown is perfect for it. Was playing Muramasa on it today and it's just brilliant :)

I wish there was a sale on XSeed stuff (Ys games) as well as some of the NIS America stuff but I guess that'll be for another day.

Yeah, I feel ya. I was actually waiting for a dragon's crown sale, but I got muramasa and that made me want to play dragon's crown on Vita too lol. Couldn't wait for the sale any longer. It's a perfect Vita game. This, muramasa and ps+ freebie soul sacrifice will definitely scratch my vita itch for a while to come. (Hopefully it will tide me over long enough till the EU release of Ys memories of celceta)

Is Muramasa actually any good? For 9 quid I'm majorly tempted, but I am absolutely swamped with games to play right now. I'm just worried that, because it's a digital only title, I won't find it this low in price again for a long time.

Then again, there's always PS+!

Vitor711

Is Muramasa actually any good? For 9 quid I'm majorly tempted, but I am absolutely swamped with games to play right now. I'm just worried that, because it's a digital only title, I won't find it this low in price again for a long time.

Then again, there's always PS+!

When did this come out for Vita?! I would have totally bought it had I know it was on the system but I sold my Vita a few weeks back. Always wanted to try out Muramasa.

Now, I kinda want to buy Ni No Kuni but the PSN+ possible future appearance has me worried... Not sure if I'd even be able to play it for a while but would love to know I own it. Then again, I have awful download speeds and my PS3 is an OG fat model with the tiny HDD. Not sure it would even install on that without me having to delete EVERYTHING else.

Xeno_V

So what's the general consensus regarding Muramasa? Is it a good port? How about difficulty and duration? Is the gameplay any good or does it become repetitive after a short while? I know that it's beautiful etc but I don't know if I will get bored after some time.

Oh, and how's the Jet Set Radio Vita version by the way?

user1337

quite a few of those were available as ps+ free games over the year :). ps+ has been one of the best services I've ever signed up for!

side note: ni no kuni.... bought! can't argue with that price!

question on the vita games: I'm not very familiar with most of those, so any jrpg/rpg worth getting?

hohoXD123

quite a few of those were available as ps+ free games over the year :). ps+ has been one of the best services I've ever signed up for!

side note: ni no kuni.... bought! can't argue with that price!

question on the vita games: I'm not very familiar with most of those, so any jrpg/rpg worth getting?

I would get Muramasa Rebirth, it's easily worth the price. One of the best looking games on the vita, combat is very fun and can be challenging, and it looks to be a pretty big game despite it only being 450mb.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played Hotline Miami and even though I have it on PC already thought for some reason it would be on sale on PSN so I could get it for my Vita. Well it is on sale but only on the US store. Bah. I also missed out on Spelunky, my luck hasn't been too good this week.

Deimo5

Going off not much time with either, Wipeout is awesome, Virtua Tennis is kinda eh but I don't feel like there is much to gain by double dipping on Hot Shots Tennis.
The results of my create-a-face using the vita camera should not be seen by human eyes, maybe I need more practice.

So what's the general consensus regarding Muramasa? Is it a good port? How about difficulty and duration? Is the gameplay any good or does it become repetitive after a short while? I know that it's beautiful etc but I don't know if I will get bored after some time.

Oh, and how's the Jet Set Radio Vita version by the way?

Very good port. There are some difficulty spikes, but nothing that becomes frustrating or annoying and you should get a good few hours of gameplay out of it. It's not all that repetitive either, it's essentially a hack and slash game albeit with eye meltingly awesome visuals...

Go for it, great game. You will not be disappointed.

Codiox

just bought

Dead Space 3 (for some coop action)
Army Of Two Devils Cartel (for some coop action)
Ni No Kuni (for some jrpg action)
Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour (for some vita action)

for a total of €29,33

i think that is a really good price!

Valhalla Knights 3 made me wish Sony had implemented some sort of refund system. Avoid: almost half an hour before actual gameplay, slowdowns and clunky plus unforgiving gameplay.

Why didn't I buy Muramasa damnit.

EDIT:

Disregard everything I said. This game has sexy action time wohoo!

Hasney

just bought

Dead Space 3 (for some coop action)
Army Of Two Devils Cartel (for some coop action)
Ni No Kuni (for some jrpg action)
Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour (for some vita action)

for a total of €29,33

i think that is a really good price!

Love Virtua Tennis. Wish more sports games had a single player like that.

Marc

Bought Brothers and Ni No Kuni based on their feedback, no idea why when my backlog is fecking huge at this point... well big for me anyway (probably 30+ games).

Need to start cranking out those games.

deepbrown

I'd like to buy Brothers and DmC, which'd be £14. However, aren't they being added to PS Plus soon? I don't have PS Plus, but could get a month for a fiver - should I do that and wait to get Brothers and DmC for free?

I also haven't played any of the Crysis games - which ones are worth getting?

KAOz

Short bus special
I'd like to buy Brothers and DmC, which'd be £14. However, aren't they being added to PS Plus soon? I don't have PS Plus, but could get a month for a fiver - should I do that and wait to get Brothers and DmC for free?

DmC is free on Plus right now. So if you get Plus, you'd get DmC for free now.

As mentioned, DmC is currently one of the IGC games if you have plus. Brothers is being added to the US IGC, no indication it will come to the UK/EU IGC...yet.

Crysis 1. Has some frame-rate issues (I didn't really notice them too much), but it's easily the best of the trilogy. 2 is a huge disappointment and 3 is just more of the same from 2...

Good God I just found out about this! I’m overwhelmed....

JOEE4O4.gif

Awwwwww yisssssss! Muramasa is so bought! Is Brothers worth it guys? Surprisingly I had never even heard of it until this thread.

I just checked out the OT and it seems like a lot of people love it. I adored Journey but thought ICO was merely ok. Should I get it?

Awwwwww yisssssss! Muramasa is so bought! Is Brothers worth it guys? Surprisingly I had never even heard of it until this thread.

I just checked out the OT and it seems like a lot of people love it. I adored Journey but thought ICO was merely ok. Should I get it?

Yes. It's relatively short, but as with Journey, it's a fantastic gaming experience.

Muramasa and Brothers makes for a fantastic weekend of gaming.

I've beaten Muramasa on the Wii and absolutely adored it...I saw it running on the Vita at my friend's house a couple of months ago and it melted my eyes. For me it's quite possibly the prettiest game I've ever seen when running on the Vita. The colours and smoothness of it all is stunning. And dat soundtrack! SOOO GOOD! I was always going to buy it, but I've been busy with my backlog - so seeing it on sale now is perfect timing. I’m glad I didn't buy it earlier at full price since I wouldn’t have even started it until around now anyway. Gonna finish off Beyond: Two Souls, start Rayman Legends on the Vita and then allow Brothers and Muramasa to cut my backlog queue.

Bought

Spec Ops The Line
Brothers
Tale of Xillia
Mirror's Edge

Especially very curious about Spec Ops The Line, have read some great impressions about the story.

Top Bottom