• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN - January Sale is now Live

wighti

Some awesome deals there to be sure. Picked up AC: Liberation and Dead Space 3 for now.

Will probably cave in later for some more Vita goodness.

KaneU

I got:

Mirror's Edge
Ni No Kuni
Tales Of Graces F

Very happy with my purchase!

I got a bunch of add-ons with Tales of Graces, should I install them or will they make the game too easy?

Tizoc

I got:

Mirror's Edge
Ni No Kuni
Tales Of Graces F

Very happy with my purchase!

I got a bunch of add-ons with Tales of Graces, should I install them or will they make the game too easy?

Depends on what difficulty you're gonna play and if you're after the Platinum.
The DLC items I got didn't affect my playthrough at all nor did it make it any easier.

legend166

I haven't played a Tiger Woods game since 2009. I'm going to assume 2014 is basically a freemium game that I have to pay for. Is that right?

Kabanossi

Anyone else having problems signing in? I keep getting this "sign-in failed" message on the web store. I can't access my PS3 for a few days so i'll have to keep trying.

shink

Anyone else having problems signing in? I keep getting this "sign-in failed" message on the web store. I can't access my PS3 for a few days so i'll have to keep trying.

Yeah I'm getting it too. I sign in, try and add something to my cart and it logs out again. I'm going to try the Vita to see if it works there.

DJMicLuv

Sale of the century!

Jet Set Radio Vita
Metal Slug PSP
Metal Slug 2 PSP
Metal Slug XX PSP
Loco Roco PSP
Everybody's Golf Vita
Wipeout 2048 Vita
Katamari Vita

All for less than 27 squid. Got Persona 4 yesterday for £13 as well.

I don't even own a Vita until tomorrow but along with the pack ins (Tearaway, LBP) and the 13 PS+ Vita titles I've downloaded over the months and a few other bits (Flower, Flow, etc) I'll have an automatic backlog of over 30 games for the system on day one.

Feels good but I think I need a bigger SD card.

Donos

Has anyone else problems login in into psn shop over the web? Keeps login me out after a few seconds and givin me an error message. Going to try it over the ps3 (oh the horror)

JP

Crazy sale!! Bought quite a few which I've sort of half wanted but I can't help but feel that I'll never get around to playing some of them. Happy to get the PS4 version of NBA though. So please Muramasa is included, had my finger on the trigger to buy that yesterday but glad I resisted. £8:99 is an amazing price for such a good game.

Do games like Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter X Tekken play well on the Vita? Got them both on the PS3 and enjoy them but I'm a bit worried about how they'd play on the Vita.

Good sale.

Deffo getting Muramasa, NFS Most Wanted and Touch my Katamari for the Vita. Nino Kuni, SSX, Okami HD and Dragon's Dogma DA for PS3.

If Brothers does have a daily/flash deal on steam I might pick that up for the PS3 as well.

Debating on Jak 2 and AC liberation for the Vita, but I doubt it.

Yasawas

I like how basically everyone's pleased with the sale and then lists entirely different things they bought. What a fine selection. For me:

Bioshock (Yes the original. Under three quid!)
Resident Evil: Revelations
Brothers
Street Fighter X Tekken

Not bad.

Do games like Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter X Tekken play well on the Vita? Got them both on the PS3 and enjoy them but I'm a bit worried about how they'd play on the Vita.

I think Marvel works as it suits the four face button layout better but then I'm a Street Fighter player at heart and only mess around with it. Weirdly it's the game that's impressed me most on the system though as to me it looks exactly like the big version but shrunk down onto a tiny screen, I can't tell where they've cut the corners.

oti

Banned
Has anyone else problems login in into psn shop over the web? Keeps login me out after a few seconds and givin me an error message. Going to try it over the ps3 (oh the horror)

Yes, I do. I'm not THAT desperate to try it on the PS3 though.

JP

I think Marvel works as it suits the four face button layout better but then I'm a Street Fighter player at heart and only mess around with it. Weirdly it's the game that's impressed me most on the system though as to me it looks exactly like the big version but shrunk down onto a tiny screen, I can't tell where they've cut the corners.
Thanks, I'm useless at fighting games so they're only ever to mess around with for me but I do quite like the PS3 version of MvC so I've been wanting to try this too and I know that both games have CrossBuy DLC so I'll get that stuff without paying any extra.

Think I'm going to give them a try.

Brothers
Sports Champions bundle
Muramasa
Valhalla Knights 3

And possibly Resident Evil Revelations for me. I'll probably end up with even more.

bought mass effect 3, ni no and tales of grace f for under £25. I am pleased. Tempted to get the last of us with the season pass for £27 but its giving me error. Wondering of to wait for ps+

Should not have bought my ps4 and i hope sony are seeing figures and are planning christmas sales for next year

illusionary

I'll be waiting a day as I put it on a potential Christmas wishlist, but otherwise I'll be getting Ni No Kuni for certain.

I want to want Brothers, but need to convince myself on that one. I might go and re-watch a few reviews...

Bishop89

anyone else having a problem with a few of the games which have different 'versions' ?

Im trying to add nfs:hp and mass effect 3 to my basket, so i click choose version and it just leavea 'choose version' dialog bog infinitely loading. (firefox user)

18-Volt

I've already got almost everything on this sale. So I got:

Brothers
WWE 2K14 (I hope this is good. It'll take a lot of space and I'm running out of it)
NBA 2K14
Crysis 3

I'm on the fence with Payday 2. Is it true that it's online only? Is there any single player mode?

Portugeezer

This is a proper sale, not like that 12 days of christmas garbage

Is ni no kuni good? I did not care for the demo at all is the demo representative of the gameplay?
Dissapointed that the atelier, disgaea and mgs vita games aren't on sale :( those are the ones I want

12 days of Christmas was hit and miss, it had Rayman Legends for like £12... this sale only has Origins :(

ramyeon

No Persona 3 Portable is sad, can't really justify dropping $40 on that when P4G was only $25 on sale :/

Will probably pick up Muramasa.

Tizoc

Less than 4 hours on Persona 4 Golden being on sale, after 12 PM GMT it will revert to its original price

Less than 4 hours on Persona 4 Golden being on sale, after 12 PM GMT it will revert to its original price

Yep and don't forget to check your emails too...

6sbpzkX.jpg

The webstore finally updated last night and managed to buy ni no kuni
surprisingly it downloaded the 22GB in about an hour and "only" took an hour to install (catherine took like 8 hours to download and install 8GB a year ago)

Not sure why this game isn't also on the vita it would fit well on there and the graphics are no better than your average vita game's

It starts off really slow though, finally got a second party member like 6 hours into the game
Wish they'd let studio ghibli take care of the writing as I'm not seeing a whole lot of their style and storytelling in the game

are there any big do's/don'ts or combat tips for this game

Card Boy

Banned
I don't get which Ni ni Kuni file to download one is 5.9gig and the other is 15.9gig none of them have a description in my downloads list.

wizzbang

Banned
Mass Effect 1 on PS3 is better than the 360 version. So is the 2nd (even better).

(Mass Effect 2 on PS3 was made with the ME3 engine, so it didn't use the old engine the 360 version got. ME1 on PS3 has less performance issues that plagued the 360 version).

I can not, in good conscience bring myself to buy Mass Effect for any platform, purely because the motherfuckers always charge as much as they can for the DLC.
They lure you in with "game only $10 this week" or "game crazy sales only $5 this week!!!" and yes they are good without the DLC - but it's the kind of series where the DLC really counts.
A good example is ME2 on PS3 - it's the closest to a GOTY they've ever done - it's a great version of the game and yet the DLC for it (Arrival) is STILL $10.35 AUD, what 3, 4 years after launch? Really?

Even if someone could gift you all 3 ME games completely for free, you'd spend upwards of $60 or more in getting the DLC for them. Is that a good deal for all 3 ME's and the DLC? Probably yes but it just rubs me TOTALLY the wrong way just how infrequent the DLC goes on sale. It's... it's fucking lame?

Glorious sale!
Will go for

- Brothers (looking forward to it!)
- Spec Ops: The Line (it is really good GAF, isn't it?)
- Mirror's Edge (loved that game, to complement my digital collection)

Have doubts about

- NFS Hot Pursuit (loved the settings and levels in the demo but it is a bit dull and the controls are shite, aren't they GAF?)

Will not buy

- SSX (as I am a Tricky above all lover and the CGR Undertow review told me that then I probably would not love it that much)

Mirro's Edge is a classic. Just don't care about the story. Take time to learn the mecanics and keep running. It's much deeper than it looks and level offer crazy shortcut if you master the gameplay. It's one of the gem of this gen. A real, FREE running game.

Spec Ops the Line is a bad game. Average shooting, average graphics. But it's the best experience I had this gen because it's a critic of war of course, but also the apology that war games do of violence so it works amazingly well if you played some military FPS. It's brutal, raw, twisted. I never expected to be bitch slapped harder than my parents could ever do, playing a video game. You'll feel pathetic finishing this and that's okay.

Hot Pursuit is great. Great roads, great graphics, great control imo. Just learn how to drift and find cars that suits you (pro tip, lighter cars are my favorite) and enjoy the ride.

I'm a huge SSX Tricky3 fan but this SSX 2012 really scares me too... Should I try for that price ? I'm conflicted

wizzbang

Banned
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Was €29.99/AU$39.95/£19.99, now €12.89/AU$17.17/£8.59
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers

Goddamn.

Has this ever been cheaper? 16$ or so for it seems good (AU) but I do have a US PSN+ account AND some US PSN credit I'm 'stuck with' ?
EDIT: fuck that, it's 19.99 @ OZGameshop for a retail copy, which will re-sell for at least 3 to 5$. Not paying $15 for a long term rental. (that's all digital is)

Tizoc

Has this ever been cheaper? 16$ or so for it seems good (AU) but I do have a US PSN+ account AND some US PSN credit I'm 'stuck with' ?

Well regular price is under 15 US Dollars, so I'd say that's a good price for the Duology.

I don't get which Ni ni Kuni file to download one is 5.9gig and the other is 15.9gig none of them have a description in my downloads list.
I did this yesterday. Download both files, then install both files. After you've completed everything, it will show as one game, as it should. :)
Never saw this kind of split release yet, so I was confused as well. :/

Top Bottom