• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN - January Sale is now Live

How is "Touch My Katamari"?

It plays about as well as the console versions. It's the same game it's always been. You can use touch controls or analogues, whichever you prefer. It's pretty short though. I was finished with it in a couple of hours. Still had fun with it.

So far I have

Dishonored GOTY
Ni no Kuni
Muramasa
Brothers
Tales of Graces f

Holding off a bit to decide if I actually want all of these, but it's very tempting.

SToRM

I just bought Brothers. I don't know the game, but it looks like a game I will like.
Browsing through the sales is quite tempting, there are a lot of good deals.

Castle of Illusion is great, indeed. Had it been 60fps, it would have been a little masterpiece, but it's good nonetheless, very imaginative and varied for a 2d platformer. Great sound design too, FXs are amazing (first boss pounding on the ground makes your subwoofer exercise) as the Kirkhope's soundtrack.

And_Boy

Would like a little help: is there a way to buy a game which I already "purchased" as PS+ free game? I still subscribed to PS+ and can't figure how can I buy a game to play later when subscription ends.

Tizoc

Sigh, but I am willing to pay... And I can't. So there is no way around?

Well you could try:
Buying the game code off Amazon UK
Wait for your Plus to expire then buy the game

Though the chances of getting the game you want at the same price as this sale is really really low.

And_Boy

Well you could try:
Buying the game code off Amazon UK
Wait for your Plus to expire then buy the game

Though the chances of getting the game you want at the same price as this sale is really really low.

Ok, thanks. Also, is there a way to suspend or cancel PS+?

Bollocks

aw shit, wanted to buy Persona 4 Golden for Vita, but shows up full price, turns out Persona 4 Arena is discounted.
yes I saw the thread about the Golden offer 2 days ago but thought no rush since it's in the January sale anyway
Should learn to read

danthefan

So I want to get a Tales game, and Graces f and Xillia are both on sale. Graces f is a lot cheaper than Xillia.

Is Graces a decent game? Is Xillia significantly better?

Audioboxer

Got a £25 PSN card in amongst presents today, although I've already bought a few titles I'll need to revisit once the store is up.

Dishonoured GOTY seems like a good shout, heard the DLC is good. Never played the main game either, only a demo, just heard some dissapointing remarks against the story.

Tizoc

Well if you go to Account Management>Service List, you can disable auto renewal of PS Plus where if ur Plus sub ends, you are automatically charged for an extra year.
You can't end Plus until its period ends itself, which you can check from the service list.

Alcifer

Neo Member
You can have multiple PSN accounts and share games between them provided they're activated on the same machine. Any games installed and activated for a PS3 can be played using any of the accounts on that machine, even if the accounts are for different regions.

So you could create a new account and purchase the games to that, download them and then log in as your normal account to play them. Unfortunately you can't transfer the game ownership between accounts or gift them.

Wow, been holding out on Ni No Kuni for ages - £6.59! Madness.

The £55 I payed for it was great value as it was. Under £7 is really bargain of the century.

Honestly I'd probably buy more games from the deal but I just don't have the time to play them split between the PS4, 3, Vita and PS+ offerings, I'll need some time off :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn - brothers, puppeteer, ME1&2, castle of illusion in these sales, plus tiny hawk and soul sacrifice for free from Sony, and beyond for £15 from shopto. My PS3 and vita backlog just extended to most of 2014 at this rate..

I got "Brothers: a tale of two sons" (now €4.94/AU$7.24/£3.95) and can not recommend it enough. GOTY 2013 candidate, its really that good.
it is indeed! The game is so great and an even better experience!

I'm tempted to buy Ni No Kuni to have it digitally and I don't need to swap the disc in/out anymore - Damn! I know this feeling from Steam only so far. :D

wizzbang

Banned
Are Crysis 1 and 2 worth my money and time ?
(not sure about my english grammar on this one lol).

I hate to say this but Crysis 1 is a hardcore, flat out good old traditional PC game, it rocks on the system and it's a good game.
Crysis 2 is probably an ok console shooter. I personally detest the game because Crysis 1 is so much better.

NeoGash

I can not, in good conscience bring myself to buy Mass Effect for any platform, purely because the motherfuckers always charge as much as they can for the DLC.
They lure you in with "game only $10 this week" or "game crazy sales only $5 this week!!!" and yes they are good without the DLC - but it's the kind of series where the DLC really counts.
A good example is ME2 on PS3 - it's the closest to a GOTY they've ever done - it's a great version of the game and yet the DLC for it (Arrival) is STILL $10.35 AUD, what 3, 4 years after launch? Really?

Even if someone could gift you all 3 ME games completely for free, you'd spend upwards of $60 or more in getting the DLC for them. Is that a good deal for all 3 ME's and the DLC? Probably yes but it just rubs me TOTALLY the wrong way just how infrequent the DLC goes on sale. It's... it's fucking lame?

Agree completely. Can't believe they release a trilogy pack and still not include any DLC. So many DLCs and some are pretty damn expensive.
EA being EA,.

panty

Never played Muramasa before, is it worth buying for Vita? Also how about Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean? It's under a fiver but I don't know anything about it.

FranXico

Just a heads up, fellow GAFfers.

It seems that Sony is giving away PS+ trials in EU.

Saw this is the portuguese Store, by clicking latest games, then filtering to PS Vita. Here's a link (portuguese store, hopefully the equivalent will be there for other EU countries).
28pcwJk.png

wizzbang

Banned
Agree completely. Can't believe they release a trilogy pack and still not include any DLC. So many DLCs and some are pretty damn expensive.
EA being EA,.

Exactly and look I don't need to be all entitled gamer, charge me $30 for a full pack, charge me $40 even - but the fact is, it's trickery bullshit "OMG THIS GAME IS ON SPECIAL" yet the reality is - no, a portion of this game is on special.
Interestingly too, ME1 had 2 pieces of fairly ok DLC, ME2 had several quite good pieces of DLC, (I liked the character ones) - what would you say at least 3 or 4 good ones? and ME3 had damn near essential DLC apparently.......... they knew exactly what the fuck they were doing.

Furthermore, it's not on disc, for collectionists / completists / archivists / paranoid people worried about the digitial future (for good reason) - they can't get that "full game" because EA are fucking knobs basically.
Bravo on EA - but for the people in this thread, please DON'T buy Mass Effect.

Jinjo

Got Muramasa and Resident Evil Revelations. Muramasa is so good. It actually made me buy the Vita version of Dragon's Crown for more Vanillaware goodness, even though I was holding out on a discount (already had the PS3 game).

Are Crysis 1 and 2 worth my money and time ?
(not sure about my english grammar on this one lol).

Crysis 1 is awesome, even on consoles. It's one of my favourite FPSs ever. Such intelligent level design, great enemy AI and wonderful suit powers. A very weak final section, but despite that the game as a whole is a damn classic. I've only played Crysis 2 for a couple of hours, but found it pretty uninteresting. Maybe it gets better, but the city environment never grabbed me in the same way as the island from the first game. I've never played Crysis 3, but I'm tempted to get it in this sale.

Crysis 1 is awesome, even on consoles. It's one of my favourite FPSs ever. Such intelligent level design, great enemy AI and wonderful suit powers. A very weak final section, but despite that the game as a whole is a damn classic. I've only played Crysis 2 for a couple of hours, but found it pretty uninteresting. Maybe it gets better, but the city environment never grabbed me in the same way as the island from the first game. I've never played Crysis 3, but I'm tempted to get it in this sale.

It doesn't. C2 is a crushing let-down after the greatness that is Crysis 1.

Don't listen to them.

Crysis(1) is one of the worst ports on PS3 !
Framerate is so low that it makes you sick :( Crysis 2 and 3 are at least playable on ps3 compared to Crysis 1.

Top Bottom