• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] New massive Summer sale (500+ items)

Nyx

Does Dying Light The Following Enhanced Edition have all DLC for the game?

At 20 euros it's very tempting.

Check the description but I'm certain it does. Should have the 2 or 3 pieces of filler DLC and The Following, which is the main expansion.

Anyway, anyone know if there's anything new today in the sale? Edit - never mind; I see the summary on the previous page.

xrnzaaas

Yes, you get the base game, The Following expansion and all smaller DLC's - The Bozak Horde, Cuisine&Cargo and the Ultimate Survivor Bundle.

The game is a blast and I really enjoyed the expansion as well (despite pretty crappy story endings ;)).

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Bit miffed that I bought Nioh for £35 a month ago but it turned out to be one of my favourite games of the year. £25 is a great price.

groansey

Dying Light would be a must-buy for me if the fov wasn't fixed on console. DL and Doom are the only modern fps games to give me motion sickness, and the latter let's you turn off blur and change fov. DL on PS4 does not.

Did Stein's Gate 0 get a permanent price reduction? It wasn't 20 euros before, right?
Also just noticed that Persona 1 is 10 in EU and 20 in the US.

Really thinking about buying Sniper Elite 4 or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare.

I have heard some serious good things about the campaign of Infinite. It's either €27,- for that or €30,- for Sniper Elite 4.I'm really not interested in anything else on the list.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Hmm, £20 (or £12 ISH because of the Amazon £42 card) for Wipeout? Tempted.

finley83

Banned
Really thinking about buying Sniper Elite 4 or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare.

I have heard some serious good things about the campaign of Infinite. It's either €27,- for that or €30,- for Sniper Elite 4.I'm really not interested in anything else on the list.

Playing on PC, but the IW campaign is genuinely brilliant. Worth it for that alone.

Kuraudo

Banned
didnt konw about this game, should I?

Yes! Bought it when it went on sale and absolutely adored it. The dialogue system is impressively seamless and the storytelling is compelling. It manages to capture the feeling of a really good X-Files episode or Stephen King novel.

Gravity rush 2 £19.99 finally

Worth it, if you can withstand a terribly dull first few hours and some really shit side-quest design. Once the game gets into the full swing of things and you're back in Hekseville with all the main abilities in tow, it finally captures the magic of the first game.

black070

Gravity rush 2 £19.99 finally

Everyone should jump on it at that price.

How long is it? Around your standard COD campaign? 5-6 hours?

I'd say more 6-8 hours depending on how many side missions you do. Easily one of the, if not the best Call of Duty campaigns.

got Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us Remastered, never played TLOU before so looking forward to this.

I'm jealous, enjoy !

dinoroar

Banned
I played some of Horizon on the normal PS4 and it didn't grab me. I've now got a 4K TV and a PS4 Pro and I want it again...gah i might bite.

Damn, Nioh went cheap. Meanwhile physical copies of Nioh are still almost full price.

I'd love to get it but I think the game may be too hard for me (the betas kicked my ass hard) so I want a physical copy at version 1.00 where I can still abuse the infinite amrita and living weapon glitches to make it easier.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I played some of Horizon on the normal PS4 and it didn't grab me. I've now got a 4K TV and a PS4 Pro and I want it again...gah i might bite.

I thought it was an OK game. Honestly, the main draw of the game for me was how pretty it looked even at 1080p on a PS4 Pro, so if you have the hardware to make it shine and it's a big aspect of the game for you, go ahead. It will look great. The story, gameplay and characters were fine, but just fine, if you ask me.

Mogwai

How hard is Nioh?
I've never completed a Souls game but Nioh looks somehow intriguing.
The combat is a lot quicker in Nioh. The bosses have a tendency to swat you like a fly and then you have to run back For a new attempt. Souls is a bit more forgiving on that front.

How hard is Nioh?

If you exploit the magic and invest heavily in talismans that slow enemy movement down, it becomes a substantially easier game. You won't be able to access that stuff right away though, so you'll still face a steep learning curve at the beginning. The first proper boss (the one in the ship) is definitely no pushover.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
How hard is Nioh?

About the same difficulty, I guess. Fewer enemies but they all hit harder compared to Souls. The bosses will fuck you up though.

Its combat system is much more in-depth and there are loads of items, gear, and menus to get your head around which is overwhelming at first but easily manageable after a few hours. Definitely in my top three of the year so far.

IMO, not as hard as Souls games, I was really enjoying it till I hit
Umi-bozu
and gave up because I just couldn't get passed it.

Spank it with fire and it dies pretty quickly. Stay close as well so it doesn't use its massive beam attack thing.

How hard is Nioh?

The betas for it were extremely difficult. I have platinums in all Souls games and Bloodborne, but nothing kicked my ass harder than all of the pre-release betas for Nioh. Even the Last Chance Trial (the third and last beta, that people called easier) was still utterly brutal.

It's why I'm staying away for now, hoping for physical copies to go cheaper at some point so I can abuse some v1.00 glitches to make it easier.

danowat

Banned
Spank it with fire and it dies pretty quickly. Stay close as well so it doesn't use its massive beam attack thing.

Yeah, I tried that, tried all the guides from youtube, tried summoning people no dice, I just binned the game, ain't nobody got time to keep trying to kill that bastard!

Soar

How hard is Nioh?

Prepare to die very quickly, even to some mobs. I had like 100 deaths before I even got out of the first staging area, mostly due to one very annoying boss and some mobs that can two shot you. I'm not a savant in these types of games though but died much less in dark souls.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I will stay away from it then. I'm sure it's an amazing game but I might be a bit too casual for it.
Or I will just give it a shot and git gud.

Top Bottom