• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro-GAF: explain yourself! (peanut butter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

18-Volt

Peanut butter is for plebs and the uncouth. For the last 10 years or so I've replaced my peanut butter consumption (which, admittedly, I enjoyed) with pistachio and almond butter. So much tastier and healthier.]

They're both available in Turkey and they're extremely expensive. If I remember correctly pure Pistachio butter was €30 per 100 grams. There are also hazelnut butter and chestnut butter. Actually chestnut butter doesn't feel like "butter" but way better than all other "butter"s.

xptoxyz

Hurgh some posts, in a thread about food. I hope it's just people having an "attitude" on the internet, which seems to be the case but I can't be sure any more.

Some remarks and way things are written, makes me hope they're jokes, so stupid and close minded about how they view people and think people view themselves, has to be a joke on a food thread, right?

This post will probably come out as extremely silly or may even seem like some sort of those PC police posts, but I had to post this to have "peace of mind".

Hurgh some posts, in a thread about food. I hope it's just people having an "attitude" on the internet, which seems to be the case but I can't be sure any more.

Some remarks and way things are written, makes me hope they're jokes, so stupid and close minded about how they view people and think people view themselves, has to be a joke on a food thread, right?

This post will probably come out as extremely silly or may even seem like some sort of those PC police posts, but I had to post this to have "peace of mind".

Its just facetious agression :)

Don't worry America, i've been able to see the light (partially) - peanut butter with jam/Nutella is godly. On its own though it's shit.

This is a middle ground I am willing to accept.

Yeah I think most people are just having fun by being hyperbolic.

They're both available in Turkey and they're extremely expensive. If I remember correctly pure Pistachio butter was €30 per 100 grams. There are also hazelnut butter and chestnut butter. Actually chestnut butter doesn't feel like "butter" but way better than all other "butter"s.

It's expensive, but not that expensive. Pistachio cream, which is similar but with more sugar, can be bought for £7.25 for 180g.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Peanut butter is for plebs and the uncouth. For the last 10 years or so I've replaced my peanut butter consumption (which, admittedly, I enjoyed) with pistachio and almond butter. So much tastier and healthier.

6161444966_2148805ae4.jpg

tumblr_m5670pWChg1r93cieo1_500.gif

> People find Peanut Butter to look gross

> People find green baby shit looking Pistachio spread to look yummy.

I never said I didn't like peanut butter. Don't worry, I'm not threatening or diminishing your "PB by the actual bucketful" American ways. Pistachios are way more delicious though. And if you're going to equate look with taste, you're missing out on a lot... seafood, for example.

Just put some red jelly on some white bread and dyed some peanut butter blue because this is america and if you don't like it then you can just get out buddy

I love pindakaas. But in general i look at what americans eat, and try to avoid it.
I eat peanutbutter staight out of the jar sometimes. With my finger.

Europe is not one country. Food is very different from country to country.
I'm Dutch. We loooooove peanut butter.

I have grown up eating it all the time, I don't remember ever seeing an advert for it though and I've never associated it with America.

That being said, I'll take primula, sandwich spread, Nutella and jam as far as speads are concerned over it anytime.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

I dunno. Some people have very slotted views about food.

For example, my sister served chicken and dumplings for thanksgiving. Just for a change of pace. Her husband's aunt asked what ethnicity my sister was when she heard the menu. (She guessed bohemian.)

My sister also hit that with some Jewish people she knew. They were shocked when they found out that she had eaten kasha varnishkes as well as latkes. The response was, "Who are your people?!?"

berg ark

Also:

Health benefits

Peanut butter has a high level of monounsaturated fats and resveratrol.[6] Peanut butter (and peanuts) provides protein, vitamins B3 and E, magnesium, folate, dietary fiber, arginine,[7] and high levels of the antioxidant p-coumaric acid.​

Sometimes I eat just peanuts. I think they're healthier than the paste you put on your toasts.

I love peanut butter...but i put some butter first and then some peanut butter :p And i love banana on top of it as well...

I love it with fresh tijgerbrood
00000129.jpg

Thud

"Helaas Pindakaas" is what Dutch people would say.

The "reason" I can think off is simple because most American products contain a lot of calories. Women don't like calories much and women are in charge of the household. I don't mean it in a bad way, it's just that they are more likely to decide what products(beverage and food) they will buy. So peanut butter is out of the question most of the times. Besides if it's not in reach(read eye level) most people won't notice it and they won't buy it.

Well moving on to the 'what I put on my bread' question :

- Cheese (especially "jong belegen 40+"), I probably ate more cheese than bread in my entire life.
- Ham
- Sprinkles (or "Hagelslag")
- Fruit
- "Calve Pindakaas"
- Lots of other things

Lyonaz

Peanut butter is tasty.

Tigerbread + Calvé Peanut Butter + Héro strawberry jam FTW!

Also sometimes I put that sandwich in the toaster, I'm adventurous like that.

"Helaas Pindakaas" is what Dutch people would say.

The "reason" I can think off is simple because most American products contain a lot of calories. Women don't like calories much and women are in charge of the household. I don't mean it in a bad way, it's just that they are more likely to decide what products(beverage and food) they will buy. So peanut butter is out of the question most of the times. Besides if it's not in reach(read eye level) most people won't notice it and they won't buy it.

Well moving on to the 'what I put on my bread' question :

- Cheese (especially "jong belegen 40+"), I probably ate more cheese than bread in my entire life.
- Ham
- Sprinkles (or "Hagelslag")
- Fruit
- "Calve Pindakaas"
- Lots of other things

Almost all dutch people eat shitloads of cheese. I think I eat around 30 euro a month on cheese....jong belegen is also my favorite. :)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Man, can't believe all the Peanutbutter hate (although I will say if you're used to Calve nothing else compares anymore)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
This thread is a sad thread.

*eats peanut butter and jelly sandwiches*

*is 29*

Nutella is great too, but peanut butter is the taste of my childhood. Peanut butter cookies and peanut butter chocolate ice cream being some of my favorite uses of peanut butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom