• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro Truck Sim 2 |OT| - it's like Elite, but in a big rig and in Europe

I know you can get a fine for not using your lights when it's dark, or not pulling over and resting enough, but are there any penalties imposed for driving on the wrong side of the road, or not stopping at traffic lights?

Also, is there any simulation reason to use turn signals? Will the AI cars know that you want to change lanes with a turn signal, and therefore not try to pass you, or are the turn signals strictly for show?

Paches

I know you can get a fine for not using your lights when it's dark, or not pulling over and resting enough, but are there any penalties imposed for driving on the wrong side of the road, or not stopping at traffic lights?

I have gotten a stop light violation before.

is there a way to pay off a loan (if I have the cash) in full or do i have to just wait out the daily deductions?

It looks like you can:

http://guides.gamepressure.com/eurotrucksimulator2/guide.asp?ID=17892

This whole guide looks really nice for people who want to get more info on this game before getting it, or people who are playing and looking for information. There's an index on the right side of the page that will take you to all of the sections. The screenshots are in another language, but all of the text is in English.

Double D

After turning off the speed limiter I've been getting a bunch of speeding tickets. Wish you could get a radar detector or something.

Also, is there any simulation reason to use turn signals? Will the AI cars know that you want to change lanes with a turn signal, and therefore not try to pass you, or are the turn signals strictly for show?

I forgot I was in Holland when I took the ferry from UK and drove on the wrong side of the road for about 15seconds. Got fined... was like £80 though which isn't that harsh a fine.

After turning off the speed limiter I've been getting a bunch of speeding tickets. Wish you could get a radar detector or something.

I believe there's a mod that puts a them on the map.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I just use a mod that makes the traffic violations cost $0. Not worth wasting all my money. 50mph just aint how I truck.

Double D

I just use a mod that makes the traffic violations cost $0. Not worth wasting all my money. 50mph just aint how I truck.

I like your style. edit: been trying to google around for it but can't seem to find it. Do you have a link by chance?

Yep, you can pay it all off at once.

It looks like you can:

http://guides.gamepressure.com/eurotrucksimulator2/guide.asp?ID=17892

This whole guide looks really nice for people who want to get more info on this game before getting it, or people who are playing and looking for information. There's an index on the right side of the page that will take you to all of the sections. The screenshots are in another language, but all of the text is in English.

Thanks guys. However, this comment is not making a ton of sense to me; "You cannot repay its remaining part – either you pay the whole sum or you pay in installments."

LegoArmo

I think it means, you can't pay back, say 50k of a 100k loan, you either pay the installments, or the full remaining balance.

statham

Vanpastel

I'm so glad more and more people are enjoying this game because of the steam sale, also thanks for the tips about setting the BBC radio stations up.

is anyone using the air brake option? How does that change the sim?

I just realised I don't have this turned on!
Not sure if it was there from the start if it has been Patched in? Using a 360 pad The challenge is Mapping the controls in a sensible way when you have brakes engine brakes and the retarder to think about. Anyone took the plunge & got some tips?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I like your style. edit: been trying to google around for it but can't seem to find it. Do you have a link by chance?

Here I just uploaded it.

No police mod download

Edit:

Not sure if it was there from the start if it has been Patched in? Using a 360 pad The challenge is Mapping the controls in a sensible way when you have brakes engine brakes and the retarder to think about. Anyone took the plunge & got some tips?

What does all of that stuff do? The retarder and air brakes?

Ty4on

What does all of that stuff do? The retarder and air brakes?
The retarder increases engine braking to ease brake ware in a real truck. Air brakes I suppose is a simulation of real truck brake systems that use air and needs enough pressure to work. You can't just start the engine and go in a real truck because you need the air pressure to be high enough.

Peru

I would never turn off traffic regulations like speed limits... part of the appeal is real life rules, and that driving too fast is dangerous, so you have to adjust your speed in your big hulking car.

Lingitiz

I would never turn off traffic regulations like speed limits... part of the appeal is real life rules, and that driving too fast is dangerous, so you have to adjust your speed in your big hulking car.

I already feel like I have to adjust speed anyways since taking a corner too fast can be disastrous. Same for hitting other cars. I probably just suck at the game.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Yeah but when you're going 85 there are new things you have to adjust to, like driving a giant hulking beast at 85 without it flipping and destroying everyone in the process.

Oneironaut

Neo Member

I feel the same way. Of course I do speed a lot, but I'm willing to pay for it in the fines.

The only thing I turn off is the need to sleep. I feel that it breaks immersion when I have to manage the needs of a character alongside the normal truck driving routine.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I feel the same way. Of course I do speed a lot, but I'm willing to pay for it in the fines.

The only thing I turn off is the need to sleep. I feel that it breaks immersion when I have to manage the needs of a character alongside the normal truck driving routine.

I'm fairly certain you can disable fatigue in the options.

Also, I'd prefer a mod that made the fines like 25% of what they were by default. I don't mind feeling the sting of my driving ways, but losing out on like 2500 on a 4000 delivery just isnt worth it to me.

dejay

Banned
Started playing this last night after a few drinks and it's really good.

I'm proud to say that I parked my own trailers since the start. I don't drive trucks, but I've seen many countless trucks in the yard at the warehouse I used to run, which had a tricky dock to back onto, and I've chatted to a lot of drivers. It's surprising how much I actually picked up - the best line, when to start turning, when to straighten up, when to give up and start again, etc.

Definitely use the engine brake. A quick down shift or two while holding the engine brake and normal brakes and you will be shocked at how fast you can slow down the rigs.

p3tran

Banned
testing my new lights
ets21akrg.gif

this game is very strangely awesome

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
testing my new lights
http://abload.de/img/ets21akrg.gif[IMG]
[spoiler]this game is very strangely awesome[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

This just reminded me that I recorded something to make a GIf of last night.

[img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/201/4/d/ridin_dirty_by_alo81-d6edrdz.gif

Long delivery on a late night with some polish dance music blaring. You've just GOTTA flash your lights to the beat.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Definitely use the engine brake. A quick down shift or two while holding the engine brake and normal brakes and you will be shocked at how fast you can slow down the rigs.
I would only do it in emergencies. I just drive normally like a safe driver. I'm with Peru that it's all about the relaxation of an enjoyable long haul.

Watevaman

I'm really wishing I had a triple monitor setup or at minimum could sit closer to my screen. With the wheel, I'm back like 3 or 4 feet from my screen and I can't see shit in terms of my mirrors. It's better with the TrackIR but not as good as it could be.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm really wishing I had a triple monitor setup or at minimum could sit closer to my screen. With the wheel, I'm back like 3 or 4 feet from my screen and I can't see shit in terms of my mirrors. It's better with the TrackIR but not as good as it could be.
I can be very close to my screen, but this is the kind of game that makes you wish you were playing at 4k on a 50" monitor 3-4 feet away.

Windows converts it into a .txt file every single time. Even when I download the pastebin link.

Edit: Screenshot of editing.
Go to "save as" set it to unicode like it says, instead of text file click "all files" and manually type it as .sii

You could also just save it as a text file and manually change it to .sii afterward by renaming the file. If you can't... dear god what are you doing playing PC games without admin privileges.

Saroyan

This game is addictive. I started playing yesterday and already have 10 hours into it, thanks to everyone who said how good this game is, I'm glad I picked it up.

I was cranking some Polish station playing a David Guetta DJ set this afternoon, was fun as hell! I think I ran into a bug or wasn't parking properly when the game wouldn't let me sleep yesterday, because I had no issues today.

My driver was half asleep when I finally made it to my destination. His eyes were closing every couple minutes but I was so close. Luckily the park job was easy and there was a resting spot on the property. Felt good.

I can be very close to my screen, but this is the kind of game that makes you wish you were playing at 4k on a 50" monitor 3-4 feet away.

Go to "save as" set it to unicode like it says, instead of text file click "all files" and manually type it as .sii

You could also just save it as a text file and manually change it to .sii afterward by renaming the file. If you can't... dear god what are you doing playing PC games without admin privileges.

Ah, how simple. Thanks, works fine now.

Sye d'Burns

I doubt this is the best setup but here's what I've got:
Left Stick: steering
Right Stick: Look around
LT: Brake
RT: Accelerate
Left Click: Forward Cabin View
LB: Left Window View
RB: Right Window View
A: Accelerate (For when holding that LT gets tiring and it does get tiring)
X: Mechanical Brake
Y: Set Cruise
R: Wipers
D-pad Up: Toggle High Beams
D-pad Down: Lights
D-pad Left: F5 (Toggles GPS map view levels)
D-pad Right F6 (Show in-GPS current delivery terms)
Back: M (Full map view)

D-pads left and right were originally turn signals but I've noticed that signaling isn't acknowledged by the AI and figured the buttons could be of better use. There are a couple of buttons I've yet to assign, I'll figure out uses for them later.

I'm up to level 12 with a quarter of a million Euro, I think I'm ready to buy a truck.

jyoung188

I've done a couple quick jobs and backed in the trailer both times, I am really enjoying this game so far. The xbox 360 wireless racing wheel works with it, but I wish I had a clutch and stick shift. I'm loving the radio stations too. I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on this game.

I would only do it in emergencies. I just drive normally like a safe driver. I'm with Peru that it's all about the relaxation of an enjoyable long haul.

If you are not using engine braking you aren't using half of your brakes. It is what makes downshifting actually matter. You just can so happen to aggressively downshift an brake hard in emergencies but the engine brake is actually great for minor speed adjustments.

Top Bottom