• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EuroGamer Expo: Sony indie showcase (confirms Mighty No.9 for Vita)

Takao

Banned
Is this confirmed or speculation?

This thread is SO confusing.

Is Mighty no.9 DEFINITELY coming to Vita? Yes or no?

Comcept and Inti Creates have reached out to Abstraction Games to handle the Vita (and presumably 3DS?) port if it reaches the $3.5 million funding goal.

OatmealMu

Someone add the Banderos gif (think that's how you spell it) in to the background of this to really mess up our heads!

sha2_zps3590e902.gif

ibubAM2J0Zer99.gif

Busaiku

They have already offered an entire studio to do the port for them in Abstraction. The Kickstarter goal is just window dressing. The PS4 and Vita ports will happen regardless.

Abstraction isn't a Sony studio, and they're also developing the 3DS game, if it hits that goal.
Sony didn't "offer them" Abstraction, Comcept reached out to them.

$h@d0w

So you think Sony would give 900k through kickstarter, so not only would they help fund a Xbox One and 3DS game they would also throw ~10% of that money out of the window (kickstarter cut). When instead if they wanted they could probably just contact the devs after the kickstarter was over and offer those 900k for them to port it to Vita.

They'd be stupid to put 900k through Kickstarter but so is your assumption that not a single dollar would be donated towards this stretch goal within the last 3 days left. We both know that a lot of funds are pledged as the end draws closer.

I'm sure backhanded deal could be attempted to strong arm a port but Comcept and Inafune chose this funding route - Sony is respecting that decision.

shink

This seems like something Sony would want to get involved in even if the stretch goals aren't met. Would be great on a handheld.

Abstraction isn't a Sony studio, and they're also developing the 3DS game, if it hits that goal.

My bad, I read into the PS Blog post wrong. Regardless my opinion still stands that the PS4/Vita versions will come no matter what in my opinion, which really is trivial because it will most likely hit the stretch goals.

Is this confirmed or speculation?

This thread is SO confusing.

Is Mighty no.9 DEFINITELY coming to Vita? Yes or no?

People just kept going with that joke, it is NOT coming to Vita unless they cross the Vita/3DS stretch goal, which is at $3.5 mil, right now they're at $2.6 something. Shahid only mentioned it because at the time the kickstarter didn't update yet, so it was technically the first reveal for that stretch goal.

AMAZING! THIS MADE MY WEEK!!!

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
i find it funny that he shows off mighty 9 and uses 'megaton' repeatedly, as he tries to fish for reactions like applaud and cheering from the dead silent audience lol

People just kept going with that joke, it is NOT coming to Vita unless they cross the Vita/3DS stretch goal, which is at $3.5 mil, right now they're at $2.6 something. Shahid only mentioned it because at the time the kickstarter didn't update yet, so it was technically the first reveal for that stretch goal.

AMAZING! THIS MADE MY WEEK!!!

The thread title is misleading though, you have to admit at least. At first glance, it seems it is confirmed for release on the vita, when the only thing confirmed is the stretch goal for the release of the vita. Perhaps a mod might want to alter the thread title.

Replicant

Considering Sony has already lined up Abstraction to handle the port I think the stretch goal is a bit of a farce to get people to try and get more people to back the project. Sony has basically removed responsibility for the PS ports from Inafune and Comcept so I don't know why a stretch goal for the PS4 and Vita are needed anymore, other than to support the other platforms (Xbone and 3DS)

It sounds like the kickstart page needs to be updated by removing the PS4 and vita from stretch goal, leaving only 3DS and Xbone there.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You can really tell Shahid loves what he's doing. People like him are what bring more indies and devs to Playstation.

I come in to post happy reaction that mNo9 is coming to Vita. Get news that coming to 3DS too , even more happy now :D will get 3DS version when they port the portables version.

I come in to post happy reaction that mNo9 is coming to Vita. Get news that coming to 3DS too , even more happy now :D will get 3DS version when they port the portables version.

I got no dog in the race (I own both systems), but if Mighty No. 9 is coming to both and you own both why would you get the 3DS version over the Vita version? Seems like the Vita version would be superior in nearly every way even at a hardware level (screen and dpad), and would even include trophies if you are into that.

Just curious. Mean no harm in asking.

I got no dog in the race (I own both systems), but if Mighty No. 9 is coming to both and you own both why would you get the 3DS version over the Vita version? Seems like the Vita version would be superior in nearly every way even at a hardware level (screen and dpad), and would even include trophies if you are into that.

Just curious. Mean no harm in asking.
my personal preference is 3DS since I bring it out with me more. Also I like my megaman on my Nintendo console. Not that I don't bring my vita out a lot too but I choose my bag to match my clothes and if my bag is small or there is no bag I can only bring one console.

Edit
Also street pass. Its sooo good for games that support it man.

Takao

Banned
I'd rather they didn't bundle the 3DS and Vita ports under the same stretch goal. I get the feeling the 3DS one would cost more to make.

my personal preference is 3DS since I bring it out with me more. Also I like my megaman on my Nintendo console. Not that I don't bring my vita out a lot too but I choose my bag to match my clothes and if my bag is small or there is no bag I can only bring one console.

Edit
Also street pass. Its sooo good for games that support it man.

No joke I was going to ask if it was for that reason lol.

I'd rather they didn't bundle the 3DS and Vita ports under the same stretch goal. I get the feeling the 3DS one would cost more to make.

I agree. Should be part of the PS4/Xbone tier, though I think the amount they are asking for that is a little high even.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Let's hope that Sony suggesting a potential backing outside kickstarter doesn't undermine the donation potential of the kickstarter itself.

If they have studios which can help after the fact and want the game then it's fair game to me. I win as a consumer because I will buy it.

If they have studios which can help after the fact and want the game then it's fair game to me. I win as a consumer because I will buy it.
If a 3DS version falls short of happening then its going to look bad on Comcept. Sony could have very well impacted the likelihood of future donations by suggesting a deal regardless of whether or not there is in fact a deal. I don't doubt a Vita version is happening, especially now.

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
I'm confused. Has Mighty No. 9 been 100% confirmed as coming to Vita, or is it just a stretch goal still?

I'm confused. Has Mighty No. 9 been 100% confirmed as coming to Vita, or is it just a stretch goal still?

Still a stretch goal. People are confused because it seems like Sony suggested the porting studio, which implies that they're already ready to pay for the port.

Incorrect. They may not be a Sony studio but Sony would have been the ones that referred Comcept to Abstraction. Why do you think they also worked on the PS3/Vita ports of Hotline Miami and Knytt Underground? It's not a coincidence.

Someone add the Banderos gif (think that's how you spell it) in to the background of this to really mess up our heads!

sha2_zps3590e902.gif

LOL that would be SO awesome!!!! I think the Banderas gif is too slow though and this one to fast for the 2 to match up no?? Gif Masters, chime in please, this could be the gif of the forever!!!

Top Bottom