• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Ubisoft's The Crew having major connection issues, can lose 1+hr progress

Jinjo

You know, for all the shit that Destiny got. It really is the one of the few, if not the only (and definitely the biggest game) that got this whole persistent online thing right. Playable at release, no server outtages the first week. Everything just worked. Props to Bungie for that.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ubisoft Ubisoft'd it. /JimFingSterlingSon

I almost want to give Destiny my GOTY on the merit of being one of the few online-centric games that came out Day 1 with no server/connection issues.

For Fuck's sake.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
was Far Cry 4 really a broken mess though? to the extent that it was unplayable in its core function (The Crew) or unplayable technically (Unity).

Anecdotal, I haven't had any issues with the ps4 version other than a finicky touchpad bug, but even that's a minor annoyance. I've heard some non-triggers for levels and stuff, but again that is being solved.

Not a hat trick.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
on PC this wont be an issue, as Uplay will most likely delete your save anyway...

now maybe we'll get an early "leak" for the next Driver game for Ubi to try get some positive pr after this news.

You know, for all the shit that Destiny got. It really is the one of the few, if not the only (and definitely the biggest game) that got this whole persistent online thing right. Playable at release, no server outtages the first week. Everything just worked. Props to Bungie for that.

Yep that game has been rock solid since Day 1. It is a blast in co-op too.

was Far Cry 4 really a broken mess though? to the extent that it was unplayable in its core function (The Crew) or unplayable technically (Unity).

Anecdotal, I haven't had any issues with the ps4 version other than a finicky touchpad bug, but even that's a minor annoyance. I've heard some non-triggers for levels and stuff, but again that is being solved.

Not a hat trick.

I have FC4 on PS4 and I've had no issues with it. Watch Dogs on PS4 was fine too, aside from being 900p.

Once again, Nintendo is everything gamers say they want, but that so few will buy. Games that work at launch, offline play, reasonable MTX/DLC, 60 frames per second, etc etc...

I'm pretty sure its the highest selling racing game this year, and by quite a margin. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't understand why customers associations don't sue into oblivion the Ubisoft and EA out there; you really have to like abuse to be a willing customer to these giant companies.

I give it two weeks top till they bring out an apology again.

At the pace they are going Ubisoft will run out of games to offer to their angry customers before the end of the year.

Vitor711

Not a hat trick.

Only on PC - stuttering with the ultra texutres (ala watchdogs) meant the game was real rough. Also huge GPU utilization issues on mobile GPUs.

It's a typical Ubi PC port. Shame, as FC3 was excellent, as was the last Splinter Cell.

daninthemix

And yet I still want to play it. Where else can I drive an awesome Dodge Challenger in any color and trim of my choosing? Where, I ask you?

jimi_dini

Ubisoft's The Crew having major connection issues, can lose 1+hr progress

kkcZZIT.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well, they're everything that vocal forum-goers want, and their presence on forums reflects that.

They evidently aren't providing what the larger gaming audience want. I certainly couldn't get the games I want to play on a Nintendo system, I know that much.

It really does make you itchy anytime anyone praising Nintendo, huh? Hahaha.

Anyways, this is yet ANOTHER proof why always-online games are just bollocks.

Naminator

Banned
Once again, Nintendo is everything gamers say they want, but that so few will buy. Games that work at launch, offline play, reasonable MTX/DLC, 60 frames per second, etc etc...

Right, I'm running out to buy a WiiU as we speak, because all we should ever need is for a game to work offline and be 60FPS.

I usually don't count myself among Nintendo's zealots but yes, agreed, one of the last major editors out there with the decency to release games that are actually playable while regularly targeting 60 fps.

Occam

People who purchase always-online games containing "micro"-transactions (note that this is a full-price game!) and before there are any reviews deserve no better. They are part of the problem.

d00d3n

No worries, in about a week the DLC will be offered free of charge and season pass owners can look forward to a 60$ beta test of Ubi AAA as compensation.

No worries, in about a week the DLC will be offered free of charge and season pass owners can look forward to a 60$ beta test of Ubi AAA as compensation.

Did they release their "priorities patch" that ensures that microtransactions work OR did they work from the start? If from the start then I imagine they dont give a shit about season pass holders.

Two Words

It's the only game I constantly disconnect from.

RexNovis

Banned
Whelp... Show of hands who is actually surprised UbiSoft released another broken price of shit? Anyone who bek rubes their statements otherwise was just fooling themselves.

vesvci

Banned
When both Driveclub and Forza Horizon 2 are available, why on earth would anyone buy a Ubisoft racing game?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ubisoft's version of the mandatory always online digital age

Top Bottom