• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they've fixed some issues with HoI3 like how outrageously easy amphib invasions were to pull off. You could unload 25 entire divisions complete with tanks into an area in 12-24 hours in HoI3.

Equipment system / production is probably my most anticipated new feature.

Kabouter

Dibs on Japan, so we can once again fight over who has the bigger navy.
:D

I hate you for planning to build tons of galleys again, I am already at my naval force limit damnit, and I really don't want to pay even more naval maintenance than I already do

mkenyon

Banned
Dibs on Yugoslavia.

a44P2dm_700b_v1.jpg

<3 Tito

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Can I be Hitler?
or is that seat permanently reserved by Fitz?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I will play Iran and join the Axis; reclaim glorious Iranian peoples from under Soviet boot.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I failed my rereconquista. Damn regency councils and France.
Did you never move your capital from Europe? I know a lot of people flee to Africa, and from there the game should be a lot easier. You can conquer all of Africa and still have plenty of time for Iberia near the end of the game.

Anyway, as long as we're showing off our single player games, I'm in the middle of an Ethiopian campaign. Yemen and Syria are vassals.
Does anyone know if I can westernize off an island that has a western core on it? I was thinking about vassalizing Crete or Rhodes.

Kabouter

Did you never move your capital from Europe? I know a lot of people flee to Africa, and from there the game should be a lot easier. You can conquer all of Africa and still have plenty of time for Iberia near the end of the game.

Anyway, as long as we're showing off our single player games, I'm in the middle of an Ethiopian campaign. Yemen and Syria are vassals.

Does anyone know if I can westernize off an island that has a western core on it? I was thinking about vassalizing Crete or Rhodes.

I'm not sure you can westernize off that, actually, I'm pretty confident you can't. I usually just conquer into Tunisia and then conquer some stuff in Italy. Although, with Cyprus Venetian, you might be able to just declare on them after you integrate Syria and use that as a way into Italy if Venice doesn't have super strong allies.

Kabouter

Why is that? I know a western neighbor isn't required, because I've westernized without one.

You need one that is in the Western tech group I'm pretty sure (so it can be a country that has already westernized), because you need a tech differential of I think something like six techs if you're westernizing from Muslim tech.

Mgoblue201

You need one that is in the Western tech group I'm pretty sure (so it can be a country that has already westernized), because you need a tech differential of I think something like six techs if you're westernizing from Muslim tech.
Do you mean a western core? Crete has a Venetian core for the next 30 years and the Knights is western tech.

Mgoblue201

Yeah, every time I get a random PU it's a two province minor, and I inevitably have to fight my ally over it. The current mechanics just need a huge overhaul; they're either too random, in which case there's no discernible strategy involved, or it's too easy to exploit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
An assassination mechanic would be really good for that.

You would be eating regency councils for the chance at a PU.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
GG guys! Really fun round! :)

Really convenient that the round ended just at the launch of Monster Hunter 4 btw :p

Haly

I'm sad I wasn't about to join in on the last war.

I should've declared war on Kab for the fun of it. I would've done so if I knew this was going to end the game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I should've declared war on Kab for the fun of it. I would've done so if I knew this was going to end the game.

Well we already knew like 1-2 weeks ago that this would be the end since MGO + Jazz + plus that little purple addendum really was not beatable by any stretch of the imagination.

Uzzy

Should have tried to bring South America under your control!

:( Damn you Uzzy, reducing my navy from 2nd to 6th in one battle

I know, crazy naval engagement that. 170 ships lost in the blink of an eye.

Haly

I'm not fanboi. I don't backstab, even if I have nothing to lose by it!

Mgoblue201

I know, crazy naval engagement that. 170 ships lost in the blink of an eye.
That battle happened so quickly I didn't even have time to move my navy over there. I built all those three deckers and they didn't even engage in combat.

Kabouter

1753 was the end year.
eu4_map_msa_1753_06_0b3ona.png

eu4_map_msa_1753_06_0wuoub.png

tech: (thanks haly)
iyZvRAFPr4nbC.png

Endgame stats

1. Malaya (Kabouter) - 11834 (9.47 monthly gain)
2. Great Britain (fanboi) - 6924 (1.96 monthly gain)
3. Mughals (mgoblue201) - 6334 (8.49 monthly gain)
4. Spain (Stefan) - 5921 (4.24 monthly gain)
5. Venice (Uzzy) - 5566 (4.36 monthly gain)
6. Commonwealth (Roboleon) - 5161 (0 monthly gain)
7. Russia (Toma) - 4331 (0.38 monthly gain)
8. Germany (Jazz) - 4093 (4.57 monthly gain)
10. Oman (Gamma) - 3266 (4.91 monthly gain)
13. Inca (moshi moshi haly godking desu and all that garbage, former king of Bavaria) - 2357 (5.55 monthly gain)
17. Scandinavia (Jwitjes in his first life) - 1039 (0 monthly gain)
53. Canada (Jwitjes in his second life) - 54 (0 monthly gain)

Armies
1. Mughals (mgoblue201) - 467044 (431 force limit)
2. Malaya (Kabouter) - 328440 (319 force limit)
3. Inca (haly) - 199000 (210 force limit)
4. Germany (Jazz) - 192000 (200 force limit)
5. Spain (Stefan) - 160371 (114 force limit)
6. Russia (Toma) - 91225 (239 force limit)
8. Oman (Gamma) - 66234 (118 force limit)
11. (one place below his own colonial nation) Great Britain (fanboi) - 48000 (129 force limit)
20. Venice (Uzzy) - 30528 (86 force limit)
21. Canada (Jwitjes) - 30000 (36 force limit)
Last. Commonwealth (Roboleon) - 0 (127 force limit)

Max manpower
(by request)
1. Malaya (Kabouter) - 567330
2. Mughals (mgoblue201) - 554450
3. Russia (Toma) - 494890
4. Great Britain (fanboi) - 254300
5. Inca (haly) - 214810
6. Spain (Stefan) - 207050
7. Germany (Jazz) - 195790
8. Commonwealth (Roboleon) - 190320
10. Oman (Gamma) - 142750
11. Venice (Uzzy) - 121660
17. Canada (Jwitjes) - 52310

Navies
1. Malaya (Kabouter) - 560 (532 force limit) (242 heavy ships, 216 more than anyone else :p)
2. Venice (Uzzy) - 406 (215 force limit)
3. Inca (haly) - 148 (163 force limit)
4. Oman (Gamma) - 125 (133 force limit)
5. Mughals (mgoblue201) - 116 (117 force limit)
6. Spain (Stefan) - 115 (333 force limit)
9. Germany (Jazz) - 57 (45 force limit)
13. Russia (Toma) - 30 (49 force limit)
22. Canada (Jwitjes) - 17 (47 force limit)
38. Great Britain (fanboi) - 4 (358 force limit)
Last. Commonwealth (Roboleon) 0 (50 force limit)

Income
1. Malaya (Kabouter) - 587.00
2. Mughals (mgoblue201) - 356.53
3. Great Britain (fanboi) - 334.54
4. Oman (Gamma) - 325.65
5. Spain (Stefan) - 255.57
6. Germany (Jazz) - 215.12
7. Venice (Uzzy) - 171.29
8. Inca (haly) - 145.04
9. Russia (Toma) - 140.13
10. Commonwealth (Roboleon) - 97.81
17. Canada (Jwitjes) - 42.62

Base tax (not ranking AIs)
1. Malaya (Kabouter) - 870
2. Mughals (mgoblue201) - 752
3. Russia (Toma) - 468
4. Commonwealth (Roboleon) - 426
5. Oman (Gamma) - 424
6. Germany (Jazz) - 405
7. Inca (haly) - 346
8. Spain (Stefan) - 330
9. Great Britain (fanboi) - 322
10. Venice (Uzzy) - 261
11. Canada (Jwitjes) - 86

Savegame

Kabouter

Oh, if anybody wants to send in player ratings, feel free to do so now via PM to me here on GAF. Rate players' performances (throughout the game) 1-5 (I will round to the nearest .5). Where 1 is someone who played worse than AI, 2 the same, 3 better, 4 way better and 5 a player who was dominant. You don't have to rate yourself.

Players to be rated:
Kabouter
Mgoblue201
fanboi
Stefan
Uzzy
Roboleon
Toma
Jazz
Gamma
haly
Jwitjes
Fitz
KingSnake

Others who played barely any sessions don't have to be rated.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Oh, if anybody wants to send in player ratings, feel free to do so now via PM to me here on GAF. Rate players' performances (throughout the game) 1-5 (I will round to the nearest .5). Where 1 is someone who played worse than AI, 2 the same, 3 better, 4 way better and 5 a player who was dominant. You don't have to rate yourself.

Players to be rated:
Kabouter
Mgoblue201
fanboi
Stefan
Uzzy
Roboleon
Toma
Jazz
Gamma
haly
Jwitjes
Fitz
KingSnake

I think it makes sense to also rate the people who didnt play much, as at least for some of us, that happened because of poor play, and thus should affect the ratings going into next game.

Haly

I just want to remind everyone how quickly I flamed out as Bavaria.
You guys mind if I jump in on your next session?

Not at all. The more the merrier. Keep an eye out for the new thread we'll probably make recruitment posts in this thread and other Paradox threads.

Mgoblue201

That was the best game so far. The rankings were a huge improvement on the typical free for all (even though I'm probably going to be banished to Kamchatka next time).

Haly

That was the best game so far. The rankings were a huge improvement on the typical free for all (even though I'm probably going to be banished to Kamchatka next time).

Mgoblue201
(Today, 08:06 PM)

Kabouter

I think it makes sense to also rate the people who didnt play much, as at least for some of us, that happened because of poor play, and thus should affect the ratings going into next game.

Nah, everybody else played for such a short time that rating them is impossible, and those people really can't rate the rest either, we did that last time and some ratings were all over the place as a result. And in terms of poor play, that happened for exactly one of you, freakzilla, and that wasn't so much poor play as much as it was poor entertainment choices (F1 over EU4). You dropped out for no real reason :p.

You guys mind if I jump in on your next session?

Absolutely not, you're welcome to join :)

Yeah, I agree. This was probably my favourite multiplayer game of any sort that I've played.

Uzzy

Did Robo have to disband his armies at the end there? I'm pretty glad that my own army only had to fight one major war on it's own, namely the disastrous war against the Mamluks quite some time ago, as there's no chance it could have taken on anyone else solo. Rubbish force-limits and manpower reserves, thanks worthless Balkan lands!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Players to be rated:
Kabouter
Mgoblue201
fanboi
Stefan
Uzzy
Roboleon
Toma
Jazz
Gamma
haly
Jwitjes
Fitz
KingSnake

Good, by my position in that list I will play France next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom