• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
What is the exploit?

I want to try it out for... research.

I'm not sure if it's a proper exploit, but it's broken at least imo. Basically whenever you get a big coalition against yourself, if you declare on a OPM coalition member and siege it, you'll get 100% warscore against the entire coalition. All members are co-belligerent (without being able to call own allies), and if you declare with a conquest CB you can grab whatever you got sieged up with 0 diplo cost from all members, including other opms (except the opm war target which costs 100%).

I've kept opm Bohemia (with -800 AE)alive in the middle of my realm for ages since they'll always join whatever coalition is around when truces run out :D

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I took advantage of that in one of my Granada games. Sardinia and Corsica were independent states and I attacked and conquered Sardinia without any CB, so of course half of Europe (including Corsica) went into coalition against me. When Corsica declared coalition war, I quickly conquered them and I managed to get also Sicily and Malta before France moved any troops closer.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh yeah, cant join tonight.. so Kab finally gets his Russian dreams fulfilled :p

Kabouter

eu4_map_msa_1732_07_18iude.png

1732, almost a new record! :)

fanboi

Banned
Hey, while this current game is wrapping up, who will join the next one? I guess we will wait untill the next expansion is out?

But, please fill in below form!

Quote to see:

Oh and answers:

Kabouter

Can that be done before the game? Instead of loading save -> reload game again.

I'm pretty sure he can just switch countries without us ever having to reload the game, but sure, I could load the savegame and release whichever colonial nation he wants to play as no problem if he tells me which one he wants.

CloudWolf

I will let him play as Canadanananan

Shush! N ot About Size is far better.

EDIT: GODDAMMIT!

I was playing Papal States and decided to destroy France with Castille and Austria. Everything went great and after a while Burgundy joined in on the fun, destroyed the remainder of the French armies and started to carpet siege the entire country. Even when Castille and Austria white peaced that was no issue, since France was 75% sieged. So I take my small remaining army and start to siege Toulouse so that I can release Guyenne as a vassal and really start tearing shit up, when suddenly...

Herald from Burgundy. They tell us of The King of Burgundy Dies

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the Friesland->Netherlands-game, the first campaign I've ever played all the way. That was a very fun game!

Pretty happy with most of it, though I should have integrated the enormous vassals before the game finished. (damn you! third place in provinces.) I made one big mistake in a peace deal with France, which kept Île-de-France from me among other things, but all in all I think the game went really well.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Finished the Friesland->Netherlands-game, the first campaign I've ever played all the way. That was a very fun game!

Pretty happy with most of it, though I should have integrated the enormous vassals before the game finished. (damn you! third place in provinces.) I made one big mistake in a peace deal with France, which kept Île-de-France from me among other things, but all in all I think the game went really well.

Congrats. I have in 15 years of Europa Universalis still never completed a game, so that is seriously a great achivement in itself!

mkenyon

Banned
Hey, while this current game is wrapping up, who will join the next one? I guess we will wait untill the next expansion is out?

But, please fill in below form!

Quote to see:

Oh and answers:

With Seahawks being done for the year, I'm in this time for real. Except Wednesdays, which I'll let the computer destroy.

Kabouter

Impressive as hell, nice job man :)

mkenyon

Banned
I am jealous. I've had about 10 runs with Gerle -> Netherlands and I always seem to get smooshed by France when they eventually want to destroy me.

smjanssen

Did you eventually go colonial at all? Cause that's also a great source of wealth in my Gelre game. And wow, did you expand far into the east. Still wondering who to take on first here, France or Russia

As I mentioned in the google sheet, atm Sundays is not possible for me, although I might be able to wiggle myself out of the D&D group I'm in that plays on Sundays.

I'm not sure my computer can handle more than 4 or 5 players MP anyway, so I'd prefer trying a session with you guys first before committing to either side. :)

fanboi

Banned
As I mentioned in the google sheet, atm Sundays is not possible for me, although I might be able to wiggle myself out of the D&D group I'm in that plays on Sundays.

I'm not sure my computer can handle more than 4 or 5 players MP anyway, so I'd prefer trying a session with you guys first before committing to either side. :)

You could always join tomorrows session and be an observer to see how it flows.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I am jealous. I've had about 10 runs with Gerle -> Netherlands and I always seem to get smooshed by France when they eventually want to destroy me.

France was friendly the entire game (despite remaining Catholics) until I turned on them. I made sure to match their rivals throughout the game, give them claims in common wars etc.
yeah yeah, my path to success etc...
I broke alliance and declared when they stuck a 123K stack on Sardinia which I could easily block.

Did you eventually go colonial at all? Cause that's also a great source of wealth in my Gelre game. And wow, did you expand far into the east. Still wondering who to take on first here, France or Russia

Nope, just focused on trade and Europe. 0 Colonists, too lazy to colonize :p I had such a disgusting income most of the game, I couldn't be arsed. When I accidentally got stuff, I mostly just let it rot and eventually accepted rebel demands. Third world sucks.

Nope, just focused on trade and Europe. 0 Colonists, too lazy to colonize :p I had such a disgusting income most of the game, I couldn't be arsed.

English Channel 2 stronk

Well we have dealt with Uzzys internet this whole time so you would be fine :)

And if you get problems you can just quit the game.

I attempted to join DDRJake's subscriber game as a substitute (one of the players dropped out), which had like 16 or so players when I had entered, and I basically immediately dropped out because my computer couldn't handle all the information and slowed stuff down significantly.
So yeah, not sure. :(

fanboi

Banned
English Channel 2 stronk

I attempted to join DDRJake's subscriber game as a substitute (one of the players dropped out), which had like 16 or so players when I had entered, and I basically immediately dropped out because my computer couldn't handle all the information and slowed stuff down significantly.
So yeah, not sure. :(

Hm, we will be around the same number I think. But let us still try :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
English Channel 2 stronk

Definitely, it's ridiculous.

+350 ducats per month, after supporting above limit fleet and force limit army. Ended the game with over 100K, even after building the achievement whore fleet.

I guess Jwitjes and France.

But that comment was about the shape of New Castile.

Ah, I thought it was some clever reference to Samus' Screw Attack. :3

Kabouter

Since people are posting about their SP games, my current one as Theodoro (for the Gothic invasion achievement). I reckon this is somewhere between my 20th-30th attempt. In previous attempts I kept getting annexed by Crimea before I was able to escape the Crimean peninsula. This time I succeeded at conquering Urbino just in time because they were at war with Castile (as an Aragonese ally) and had no army, Aragon didn't want to join because they were mostly occupied, so I was able to occupy it without issue. Crimea jumped on me quickly and I had to cede my capital, and was left with a non-core Urbinese capital, which wasn't so fun, because I went bankrupt almost immediately. Only upside was that that made me Catholic and Umbrian culture. Anyway, after I took a province from the neighbouring Papal State, I was able to core that and my capital, so I was able to progress from there. I cozied up to Austria and joined the HRE, and have been expanding ever since. Currently I have as vassals Holland, Netherlands (yes, both), Brandenburg, Hungary and Byzantium. Year is 1600, so I should be able to grab the achievement in time.

Thanks so much for that coalition exploit Robo

TBH I'd rather not interrupt a session that's going on if I do have problems.
Unless you guys don't mind.

Don't mind you joining as an observer to see how performance is at all, if it causes significant issues, then you can just quit.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
God bless Urbino and East Frisia for being the fall boys for so many achievements. That's a good Theodoro, Kab. Ryukyu next?

Kabouter

God bless Urbino and East Frisia for being the fall boys for so many achievements. That's a good Theodoro, Kab. Ryukyu next?

No, screw Ryukyu, I've tried going for that achievement so many times, I'm not even going to bother anymore :p. Anyway, back to Theodoro. Castile, my eternal ally, inherited Portugal increasing their strength. Fortunately for me, we are not just brothers in arms but our kings were also related, as I'd gotten a Trastamara quite some time ago. Castile had a weak heir just now, I claimed the throne, declared, forced a union. Now my empire contains tons of colonies that I can't even see because I haven't westernized. Let's hope this union lasts a bit longer than the Robo-fanboi union :p. Oh, and I've begun integrating Holland and Prussia (which I fed to be about 220 base tax in size :X)

Edit: Oh, and I'm slowly getting closer to reclaiming Theodoro for Theodoro :+

Uzzy

My Taungu game's hit a bit of a slump. I rule everything in South East Asia, but then the damn French declared an Imperialism war and landed 60k troops. Somehow, even though they had maybe 7 tech levels on me, I was able to beat them back (thanks attrition!) and snag a white peace.

Of course, during this war Bahmanis and what's left of of the Chinese kingdoms took the opportunity to declare their own wars against me, so I had to peace out with them instantly and lost a few provinces.

Anyway, back to Theodoro.

I have a few questions for you:
1) For the purpose of the achievement, you only need to take what the game defines as "Germanic", so HRE Germanic (Dutch peoples and German peoples), right? Not all actually Germanic people (so aforementioned plus English and Scandinavians).

2) If you inherited Iberia and with it former Aragon's holdings, who owns Malta?

3) Why haven't you taken rich Constantinople yet?!

4) What the hell is up with that border gore you have going on against an OPM? Salzburg of all people!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is my current Granada game:

I was a little held back by a coalition of France, Castile, Tuscany (which holds almost all Italy), Pomerania and Portugal that made me free up Croatia (that was almost immediately vasalized by my ally, The Ottomans) and give back Corsica, Sicily and Malta.

Unfortunately I don't know if I can achieve the re-reconquista. I mean Castile is now weaken enough and Portugal has no big allies, so I don't worry about them, but I'm not sure I can take back the Spanish provinces from France:

My biggest hope is the current English-French war, but currently it seems to go towards a white peace, I think.

I tried around 15-20 starts and the best one (except for this) was when Genoa decided they want Gibraltar and attacked me right at the start which gave me an almost AE-free Corsica to start my game, but for the rest it's very tricky as Castile attacks me almost instantly after the truce is gone, so I don't really have time to build diplomatic relations, so going for Urbino brings a huge coalition against me (Austria almost sure and sometime even France), East Frisia brings Austria and sometimes Burgundy and Irish provinces are fine, but England doesn't want to ally me even with a +2 diplo adviser. The most feasible method it was going for Ragusa while improving the relations with Austria and Venice. That helps me get The Ottomans as ally. Still doesn't stop Castile from getting Gibraltar and Almeria in the first war, but I can get Bosnia and sometimes parts of Serbia and later Croatian provinces.

Kabouter

I have a few questions for you:
1) For the purpose of the achievement, you only need to take what the game defines as "Germanic", so HRE Germanic (Dutch peoples and German peoples), right? Not all actually Germanic people (so aforementioned plus English and Scandinavians).
Yeah, as far as I understand it, just the Dutch and German peoples. If not, man this is going to take a while :p.

2) If you inherited Iberia and with it former Aragon's holdings, who owns Malta?
I haven't inherited Iberia yet, that's still Castilian, but they're in a PU under me. Aragon was for the most part conquered by Castile, but Malta is the Papal State, seriously.

3) Why haven't you taken rich Constantinople yet?!
Because connecting up the Egyptian lands the Castilian AI unexpectedly gave me in a peace was more important :p.

4) What the hell is up with that border gore you have going on against an OPM? Salzburg of all people!

I keep Salzburg around so I can declare on them and get 100% warscore the second I occupy them (they always get in a coalition against me as soon as the truce is up), then I only have to siege what I want to take from the others in the coalition.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm in three wars right now:
  • As ally of England against France
  • Coalition war against me by Tuscany, Austria, Castile and some peasants
  • As ally of Teutonic Order against Sweden, Bremen, Palatinate

This would normally mean near death, but because my army rules over the Castile's and Ottomans rule über alles I will actually get some more Iberian lands sooner than I hoped. Also because Castile hates France.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom