• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision GAF

I don't even remember Italy's song!
I'm amazed, it's usualy either super political voting or for super weird songs. I dont think Italy falls into either of those categories?
Mediocre song to me

But....these are just the judges votes. I think the public votes will be very different

ikbalCO

Israel and finland are falling way behind. It will be really hard to catch sweden now since loreen will probably get a lot of votes from there aswell

Zly6JXP.gif

RaduN

Liked Swiss the best by far. A couple of notes were somewhat similar to Take me to church, but a very good song overall and an impecable performance, with hardly any pre-recored vocals.

The winner was somewhat predictable though, Loreen has a powerful voice and the song was ok.

Easily the worst Eurovision in recent memory. The amount of playback was ridiculous. This shit needs to be adressed, it's becoming a real shit show.

T.v

Decent enough Eurovision, winner was obvious way ahead and I don't mind. Iceland not making it to the finals was criminal. Israel only did well because people think she's hot. Swiss guy could have done well with a different song, guy has good vocals but no one can take a twenty year old swiss kid singing about the horrors of war seriously. Personal favorites were Moldova and Estonia

Banned
99% of Eurovision songs are bad.

that's a very generous number you gave there. I'd say 99.9%

I can name like... 2 or 3 good ones, and that's about it.
Hard Rock Hallelujah was good, and maybe 1 or 2 others since the inception of the show

Last edited:

Trunx81

Poland was as if you ordered Demi Lovato from wish. Same song, even the title. Interesting how it got through the copyright restriction.

Liked Swiss the best by far. A couple of notes were somewhat similar to Take me to church, but a very good song overall and an impecable performance, with hardly any pre-recored vocals.
I think too that the swiss one was the best song.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

You can almost always connect a eurovision contest song to the popular artist/song it badly copies, typically with a delay of 5 to 10 years since that song was popular.

Watched parts of the semi-finals with a good friend, and many laughs were had, so I guess the show served its purpose for me.

Top Bottom