• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Haha I drunkposted a Pokemon music hate thread last night

Misha

Banned
  1. Enter a Brexit thread
  2. Take a shot every time you read a "democracy happened get over it" shit post
  3. Die of alcohol poisoning

It's like some people don't understand that the entire basis of democracy is dissent and debate even if you lose.

If theres anything that the brexit taught me is that if a majority of people vote for something, that makes it the objectively correct choice

FloatOn

Game of Thrones means nothing to me. I haven't even seen a full episode.

There are some things I don't like about it but overall it's one of the best shows to grace tv.

Definitely not for everyone though, so I can understand why you might not like it

Game of Thrones means nothing to me. I haven't even seen a full episode.
image.php

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
There are some things I don't like about it but overall it's one of the best shows to grace tv.

Definitely not for everyone though, so I can understand why you might not like it

I will probably binge watch it when its over but I dont have any hype for it.

Jobbs

Banned
How does one start over socially?

Currently drifting away from my irl friends

Get captured by Samurai and taken back to their village. In time, be assimilated and live as one of them. Learn their way. Be the last one. The Last Samurai.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Currently sitting on the upper balcony and watching lightning. Spectacular stuff.

I will go to sleep soon, it was more or less sleep day for me - simply too exhausted from crazy work week and upcoming one will be the same.

jb1234

It's hard, honestly. All of my close friends are long distance. But I've gotten very, very good at using texts, phone calls and video conferencing to keep in contact with them. Still, nothing like being in the same room as someone. Have you tried meet-ups?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bought Dreamfall + The Longest Journey on the Steam sale. Hope they are good.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Jobbs, there's a guy at this coffee shop with painted nails.

You aren't the only one.

jb1234

Bought Dreamfall + The Longest Journey on the Steam sale. Hope they are good.

The Longest Journey is one of the best adventure games ever made and in my top 10. Dreamfall is a little disappointing in comparison but continues the story so it's definitely worth playing. Haven't finished Dreamfall Chapters yet but it's on my immediate queue.

zeemumu

Don't actively try to start over socially. I basically started over about halfway through high school and I really regret it. I still have friends but not nearly as many close ones as I used to. I miss having more people to hang out with. If you can, just try meeting new people but don't actively ditch your old friends unless they're toxic to you.

SolVanderlyn

The Longest Journey is one of the best adventure games ever made and in my top 10. Dreamfall is a little disappointing in comparison but continues the story so it's definitely worth playing. Haven't finished Dreamfall Chapters yet but it's on my immediate queue.
Welp, it doesn't seem to work on my PC so I guess I'm returning it :/ Doesn't play with sound. Also you can't change the resolution/play it windowed

Jobbs

Banned
^ Lili you should encourage the boyfriend nail painting. It's fun and I want to start pushing against the idea that it's somehow "not masculine" or otherwise off limits to men.

I showed my nails to the google hangout I have with several guy friends from school where we continue to bullshit regularly to this day and the response was predictable. After I defended it by saying "how's this so different from wearing cool glasses or a watch or a nice belt?" I got back "it's equivalent to wearing high heels".

The most tolerant response I got was basically "whatever floats your boat, but women won't like it"

With respect to the point he made:

1) I don't give a shit
2) Haven't seen any evidence of that so far

jb1234

Welp, it doesn't seem to work on my PC so I guess I'm returning it :/ Doesn't play with sound. Also you can't change the resolution/play it windowed

Steam versions of older games are very, very hit and miss, unfortunately. The GOG version is better. But even then, there can be compatibility issues.

Misha

Banned
^ Lili you should encourage the boyfriend nail painting. It's fun and I want to start pushing against the idea that it's somehow "not masculine" or otherwise off limits to men.

I showed my nails to the google hangout I have with several guy friends from school where we continue to bullshit regularly to this day and the response was predictable. After I defended it by saying "how's this so different from wearing cool glasses or a watch or a nice belt?" I got back "it's equivalent to wearing high heels".

The most tolerant response I got was basically "whatever floats your boat, but women won't like it"

With respect to the point he made:

1) I don't give a shit
2) Haven't seen any evidence of that so far

But guys actually wear heels semi often? Short guys sure but that's pretty much the point.

zeemumu

tumblr_m5b4o9XFT01rn6992.jpg

I guess I'm doing that "22 pushups a day" thing.

Granadier

There's nothing wrong with men wearing nail color, but it's not normal. So you just have to be okay with being different, which some people conflate as wrong. It may take several years to normalize, or never happen at all.

Do you ever paint your nails for a weekend event or anything?
Yeah, for three-day weekends and for parties. But I basically work with nail polish remover all day long, so it's super ineffective to paint them throughout the week.

Granadier

I was talking about Jobbs

Oh right, I should have read more into the context.
I'm still convinced that men who make fun of other men for being "too girly" are themselves just uncomfortable with their sexuality.

Yeah, for three-day weekends and for parties. But I basically work with nail polish remover all day long, so it's super ineffective to paint them throughout the week.

For sure. I assumed that was your reasoning for not painting them more often. Fun that you get the opportunity to sometimes though :)

jb1234

Oh right, I should have read more into the context.
I'm still convinced that men who make fun of other men for being "too girly" are themselves just uncomfortable with their sexuality.

Or at the very least have been indoctrinated by a very limiting concept of gender norms. I enjoy watching those getting knocked down.

Jobbs

Banned
Just finished a recording session for a small role. It's so funny how almost every actor at least once finds a word or phrase they simply can't say.

For some reason the word "proletariat" was in the script. Yes. I realized just before the call that this was almost certainly going to be a problem, so I made sure to master the pronunciation myself first, but even after going over it the actress predictably kept banging up against that word, haha.

I think I secretly enjoy it though. We have a laugh and it helps break the ice further (I do a readthrough before earnestly recording)

This aussie girl was so adorable. :eek: Three aussies on cast.

For sure. I assumed that was your reasoning for not painting them more often. Fun that you get the opportunity to sometimes though :)

To be fair, they wouldn't outright reject it, I just got about the type of "ribbing" and ball busting I expected. I don't really care. I'm just a guy who likes neat colors. This is reflected in my art and my clothes and my room so why not my nails? I don't get it. I don't consider it a statement on masculinity or femininity.

marrec

Banned
Oh god it's so hot, I'm melting

Matched with someone on Tinder and we messaged back and forth and now I don't know what to do

I'm just going to play #FE and ignore it.

Edit:

Also bought It Follows on bluray, I'mma watch it tonight

FloatOn

I can't even imagine having to start over with friends. Are you drifting away from them, or not keeping up with where they're going?

Maybe both?

Most of them are getting married or having kids now. And that's fine. Really happy for them. I was on track to be that guy about a year ago and I won't go into why it didn't but I'm in such a different place of life right now it's difficult to relate these days. It's also kind of a reminder of what could have happened for me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom